Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 110

Thread: Dear Maritsa ! (jadae's typing)

  1. #1
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default Dear Maritsa ! (jadae's typing)

    Please detail all of the reasons that I am an ESTj. Don't spare anything!


    ps. Deltas, I'm relieving myself in your sub-forum

  2. #2
    ■■■■■■ Radio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,574
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PokemonMidwifeJadae View Post
    ps. Deltas, I'm relieving myself in your sub-forum
    just watch out for the carpet

  3. #3
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    Alright -- that's fair

  4. #4
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    1. In several posts you have indicated that "I like that...xyz" and for these reasons "xyz;" hence expressing your interest in MORALS or at least you've determined what things you are likely to do or not; support or not.

    2. LSE take a lot of stock in what people think of them, from concern of how they come off to people and from HA, to be perfect. An LSE is likely to accurately size up the mood of the environment they are in; you knowing the general "feel" of this forum have gravitated to being funny or really serious, albeit a lot less serious than I presume you were some time ago; I gather that when you learned that Hkkmr was a "fun" and relatively "mild" administrator and was not likely to ban you for expanding your comic tendencies, you were able to "loosen up" a bit. This entire #2 point expresses how you use Te, a dynamic function.

    3. Si isn't necessarily a tendency to be extreme caregivers, I would say this more to be true of SLI; Si is the way that Te is conditioned. It's expressed in an LSE to do things by themselves, because this is an introverted function; like going to the movies; because Si is a holistic function it doesn't mean that you are so extremely picky about food, being a second function, hence relatively less important to the individual; an LSE is able to put Si aside to do productive things, work;

    4. LSE have people pleasing tendencies, they want to make the other person happy, but they aren't necessarily people persons. They like to come off as "good" people because they want people to think well of them; I think this is why you go the extra mile for family and friends. Generally, LSE like having people around on their own terms;


    5. They aren't likely to let others push them around or apply their own will on them, because LSE tendency is to project what they are going to do, to be decisive and stay on plan/task. If the next sequence of action is to meditate, for example, an LSE might seem very brash, direct and to the point in expressing that to their significant other, who is trying to get attention away form the LSE's next task. An LSE doesn't mean to be mean, it's just that they suppress relations/their own and other's emotions in favor of sequential activity. I myself have experienced this point with you several times in saying "You're LSE" but you not being influenced by that. You and LSE need to have a rational explanation why this is true and they need time to think about this on their own because essentially what is being changed will be done by them, their ultimate decision, because LSE have difficulty changing or adapting to new things.

    6. Here's you cause and effect card which is "I said this because....

    Quote Originally Posted by PokemonMidwifeJadae View Post
    I meant what I said in a specific fashion. I said it because it makes me sad.
    Because algorithem is a proof; it's a proof to establish the rules of how something works. If this happens in this situation; this will result; that's an assumption. Sad is a feeling; emotion is sadness; emotion is a state; feeling is what you feel in that state; emotions can exist outside of feelings; the above would be Fe Role. It takes a while for LSE to arrive at how they feel because it takes them a while to arrive at the cause.



    There's a lot more I can write, but

    Go figure it out yo self...mister.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-14-2012 at 06:52 PM.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think I'm doomed after reading that.

  6. #6
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    1. Seriously not debating morals again =P

    2. I have always lightened the general mood, even as a kid. That has nothing to do with Hk, however. Reuben McNew and Expat were simply controlling douchebags. Hk is a normal guy. It was impossible to be light in regard to anything when the forum was needlessly dominated by those two.

    3. What in the hell are you talking about.

    4. What..

    5. Everything you are saying is in regard to personal autonomy, which I guard for myself and others for personal reasons that are NTR.

    6. There are multiple algorithem types.

  7. #7
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,724
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I presume...you learned...you are...not...LSE...Go figure
    Ah, the power of editing.

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    77
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Ah, the power of editing.
    I bet you have a notebook full of one-liners: "Which one should I use today? Ahh, that one. I'll scratch that out."

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kald View Post
    I bet you have a notebook full of one-liners: "Which one should I use today? Ahh, that one. I'll scratch that out."
    One liners are great, I can summarise one's wall of text by saying, "yada yada yada."

  10. #10
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J4d4e View Post
    1. Seriously not debating morals again =P

    2. I have always lightened the general mood, even as a kid. That has nothing to do with Hk, however. Reuben McNew and Expat were simply controlling douchebags. Hk is a normal guy. It was impossible to be light in regard to anything when the forum was needlessly dominated by those two.

    3. What in the hell are you talking about.

    4. What..

    5. Everything you are saying is in regard to personal autonomy, which I guard for myself and others for personal reasons that are NTR.

    6. There are multiple algorithem types.
    Don't ask me to explain things for you again. PERIOD.

    On point 2, how did you arrive that Hkkmr was a "normal" guy. That method that you used to make that determination, makes you Te base type and it proves my point that you sized up Hkkmr's personality, hence using that fact to change your own to accommodate that fact. This is an adaptable nature of Extraverted types.

    3. I'm saying that because you're picky about your food that doesn't mean you don't have Si in your ego block. It may actually mean that you do in fact have that in your ego block because being a sensory type, you're much more about the texture and flavor of things.

    4. Why do you do things for your family and friends?
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-14-2012 at 05:35 PM.

  11. #11
    Decadent Charlatan Aquagraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Continental Vinnland
    TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    PERIODS...
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

  12. #12
    ■■■■■■ Radio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,574
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Don't ask me to explain things for you again. PERIOD.
    If he's not getting you at all and there's so much conflict in communication, isn't that a very good indication that he's not your dual?

  13. #13
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    If he's not getting you at all and there's so much conflict in communication, isn't that a very good indication that he's not your dual?
    but isn't jedi as LSE confimed?

  14. #14
    Decadent Charlatan Aquagraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Continental Vinnland
    TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    If he's not getting you at all and there's so much conflict in communication, isn't that a very good indication that he's not your dual?
    I thought the same.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

  15. #15
    ■■■■■■ Radio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,574
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bionicgerbil View Post
    but isn't jedi as LSE confimed?
    ohhhh okay then, never mind.

  16. #16
    escaping anndelise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    WA
    TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Posts
    6,337
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bionicgerbil View Post
    but isn't jedi as LSE confimed?
    It's only confimed until she gets mad enough at the person...at which point she'll confim them a different type.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

  17. #17
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J4d4e View Post
    1.
    Thanks for causing all kinds of attacks on me. You should really know better than to invite this type of criticism for me; maybe instead of being such a dick, you can learn to support my interests. Otherwise, don't open threads like this if your intentions are contrary to the results it produced.


    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    If he's not getting you at all and there's so much conflict in communication, isn't that a very good indication that he's not your dual?
    No. Undualized duals are only concerned with their own thoughts and ideas rather than interpreting their duals; which is getting in touch with what you think you're saying, hence one's interpretation of their conscious motivations. He's doing just that.


    Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    It's only confimed until she gets mad enough at the person...at which point she'll confim them a different type.
    Whatever Ann, you have no faith.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-14-2012 at 06:07 PM.

  18. #18
    escaping anndelise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    WA
    TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Posts
    6,337
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Can you stop interpreting things in dynamic motions? You're supposed to be an Ne base type.
    For some reason, I keep forgetting that you aren't aware of the things you actually do, and that you are too stuck in thinking you do what you idealize yourself as doing.

    Edited to add:
    Thanks for causing all kinds of attacks on me. You should really know better than to invite this type of criticism for me; maybe instead of being such a dick, you can learn to support my interests. Otherwise, don't open threads like this if your intentions are contrary to the results it produced.
    When are you going to grasp that you are often very very wrong in how you interpret people, what they say, and what they do? Jadae informed you that you were wrong, and tried to clarify his side so you could get a clearer and more accurate picture of him. But instead of accepting that you might have erred, and adjusting your image to better suit the info he offered you, you instead treat it as a personal attack against yourself. Worse, you demand that he shouldn't correct you, but instead should support your personal interests. You even go so far as to call him a dick cuz he's not conforming to what you want him to conform to.
    Last edited by anndelise; 04-14-2012 at 05:47 PM.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

  19. #19
    Decadent Charlatan Aquagraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Continental Vinnland
    TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Thanks for causing all kinds of attacks on me.
    This thread didn't cause those attacks. The reason you are being attacked is because you post.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

  20. #20
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    For some reason, I keep forgetting that you aren't aware of the things you actually do, and that you are too stuck in thinking you do what you idealize yourself as doing.

    Edited to add:

    When are you going to grasp that you are often very very wrong in how you interpret people, what they say, and what they do? Jadae informed you that you were wrong, and tried to clarify his side so you could get a clearer and more accurate picture of him. But instead of accepting that you might have erred, and adjusting your image to better suit the info he offered you, you instead treat it as a personal attack against yourself. Worse, you demand that he shouldn't correct you, but instead should support your personal interests. You even go so far as to call him a dick cuz he's not conforming to what you want him to conform to.
    I'm right. I have very good instincts about people. I trust my intuition, my analysis, and myself. I don't need to hear your crap; you wanna go back on ignore? Ok. Done.

  21. #21
    escaping anndelise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    WA
    TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Posts
    6,337
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I'm right. I have very good instincts about people. I trust my intuition, my analysis, and myself. I don't need to hear your crap; you wanna go back on ignore? Ok. Done.
    Trusting them is not the same thing as being accurate.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

  22. #22
    Decadent Charlatan Aquagraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Continental Vinnland
    TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Is there a possibility that you are wrong? If no, why would you even debate?
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

  23. #23
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Please detail all of the reasons that I am an ESTj.

    He's LSE and though I may be mad at him for doing this, I'm not changing my typing of him, because he's LSE.

    another reason is because he sizes up whether things are effective or not, in saying that "it's useful."
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-14-2012 at 06:13 PM.

  24. #24
    Decadent Charlatan Aquagraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Continental Vinnland
    TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Please detail all of the reasons that I am an ESTj.
    Just out of curiosity, what do the egos say in similar situations?
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

  25. #25
    InvisibleJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Si vis pacem
    TIM
    para bellum
    Posts
    4,832
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    Trusting them is not the same thing as being accurate.
    Absolute gibberish.

    You don't seem to understand how people function.

  26. #26
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    This thread makes me sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by J4d4e View Post
    Why so?
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    Because it stimulates my protective instincts, and I have no one around me in need or desire of my protection. The woman I love and want to protect seems quite receptive of my affectionate attitude, but she's in a relationship and holds back significantly, disallowing me to make a move and come at peace with myself.

    The fact that I can't tell with absolute certainty if my feelings are reciprocated or she's just being friendly is eating me up from the inside.
    Algorithm again.... dynamic because it perceives what is being done by the object, by Parkster...Parkster reads thread, gets sad, why?
    "This makes me sad"
    What about this object that produces that dynamic reaction then asks why?
    "because..." the answer satisfies a cause and effect, a rule is established which will help him figure out why people feel what they feel.

    Te: "Extroverted logic deals with the external activity of objects, i.e the how, what and where of events, activity or work, behaviour, algorithms, movement, and actions."
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-14-2012 at 06:36 PM.

  27. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what do the egos say in similar situations?
    Chicken?

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Absolute gibberish.

    You don't seem to understand how people function.
    Don't be so absolutely absolute.

  28. #28
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    i thought jadae was picky about his food because if he eats the wrong food he dies.

  29. #29
    Decadent Charlatan Aquagraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Continental Vinnland
    TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Absolute gibberish.

    You don't seem to understand how people function.
    Good that we have you. Now explicate.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

  30. #30
    InvisibleJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Si vis pacem
    TIM
    para bellum
    Posts
    4,832
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Good that we have you. Now explicate.
    Everyone trusts their own intuitions formed of observations to be right - to an appropriate degree.

    Expecting others to be superhuman and in perfect agreement with you is unrealistic nonsense.

    Common sense stipulates that you show people new evidence that may alter their viewpoint rather than jumping up and down shouting, 'you're wrong you're wrong because I disagree!'; which is juvenile.

  31. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bionicgerbil View Post
    i thought jadae was picky about his food because if he eats the wrong food he dies.
    Jedi better watch out in a restaurant. One can never know what's in the food one ordered.

  32. #32
    Decadent Charlatan Aquagraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Continental Vinnland
    TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Everyone trusts their own intuitions formed of observations to be right - to an appropriate degree.
    I keep a very high fence between my perception & analysis of it and the assumed reality. I and anndelise think Maritsa might benefit doing the same. What is the problem?
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

  33. #33
    InvisibleJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Si vis pacem
    TIM
    para bellum
    Posts
    4,832
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    I keep a very high fence between my perception & analysis of it and the assumed reality. I and anndelise think Maritsa might benefit doing the same. What is the problem?
    You just read it.

    I'll never get over the determined need of those with a reliance upon Ti to attack those with a different opinion; and then to declare it's because they don't trust their own ability to form opinion. It's the mental equivalent of someone walking into your house and asking to fix your already working plumbing even though they don't know what a pipe is.

  34. #34
    Decadent Charlatan Aquagraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Continental Vinnland
    TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I didn't say that I don't have opinions. I have opinions. One of them is that my opinions are very flawed.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

  35. #35
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    You just read it.

    I'll never get over the determined need of those with a reliance upon Ti to attack those with a different opinion; and then to declare it's because they don't trust their own ability to form opinion. It's the mental equivalent of someone walking into your house and asking to fix your already working plumbing even though they don't know what a pipe is.
    You mean to say that Ti PoLR types who have reliance on Ti don't trust their own ability to form opinions and because of that they attack those who try? I'm sorry I had to translate what you said into my own language to understand it

  36. #36
    Decadent Charlatan Aquagraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Continental Vinnland
    TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Don't move say anything Socionics related. Her perception is Socionics-based.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

  37. #37
    InvisibleJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Si vis pacem
    TIM
    para bellum
    Posts
    4,832
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    You mean to say that Ti PoLR types who have reliance on Ti don't trust their own ability to form opinions and because of that they attack those who try? I'm sorry I had to translate what you said into my own language to understand it
    It's a valid interpretation.

  38. #38
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,724
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    It's only confimed until she gets mad enough at the person...at which point she'll confim them a different type.
    Okay, how do I make an EII mad? I know how to make them sad...but not mad.

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  39. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Drama as usual. Maritsa is EII and Jedi is LSE, her dual. End of story.

  40. #40
    escaping anndelise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    WA
    TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Posts
    6,337
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Everyone trusts their own intuitions formed of observations to be right - to an appropriate degree.

    Expecting others to be superhuman and in perfect agreement with you is unrealistic nonsense.

    Common sense stipulates that you show people new evidence that may alter their viewpoint rather than jumping up and down shouting, 'you're wrong you're wrong because I disagree!'; which is juvenile.
    That isn't even closely related to what I was saying.

    You added in "to an appropriate degree" . But who/what determines what degree is or is not appropriate?

    I promote the system of feedback. I might perceive something, and act according to those perceptions. Then I get feedback of some kind. This feedback informs me that I may have been accurate in my perception...or that I was only somewhat accurate but got something off...or that my initial perception was way out in left field. Upon receiving the feedback, I check to see how this new info alters my initial perception...forming a new perception, which I then act on...and get further feedback on. And the process continues. It's called Learning.

    I really don't know how you can think that confidence is the same thing as accuracy.

    People make mistakes all the time. People also base their views/beliefs on their experiences, or stories of others' experiences. If they lack access to certain relevant experiences, then they don't have that to draw from, and can easily form inaccurate views.

    It's kinda like how as teens, we're confident that we know everything and refuse to listen to those who've had other experiences. And then as we get older, and gain those experiences, we start to finally understand what the adults kept trying to tell us. Worse, we might even find ourselves on the adult side of the equation...trying to tell our teen kids what we've learned from our experiences, but they're too fucking confident in their own views/beliefs that they think they're views/beliefs are accurate.

    Another example: I may feel confident that someone is acting like an ass on purpose, but that confidence wouldn't necessarily mean that I am right.

    I am constantly surprised at how quickly people will form an opinion..and stick with it, despite evidence to the contrary. Some even go so far as twisting things to better suit their own views. Rationalizing it..I think is what it's called. And if you think I don,t apply this same idea to myself, womdering if I,m doing the same thing during a particular incident or such, then you obviously haven't spent any time reading my posts nor chatting with me in the chatbox. Because I'm constantly questioning my views and my understandings and asking people about their own to see if they're catching something I'm missing.

    Maritsa, however, has shown over and over again in this forum that she does not question her own understandings, her own perceptions. She even has admitted a few times that once she forms a judgment on something/someone, she does not change her mind.

    I've witnessed this over and over from her. Other people tell me this about her over and over. And yet still, I try to find what it is that I might be missing...because despite seeing it in soooo many people, I still have a hard time accepting that people don't accept feedback, nor try to learn from it. (and yes, I am well aware that my difficulty in accepting the idea that people don't learn from feedback is an example of someone not learning from feedback, )
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •