Thread: I want to know my type

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I want to know my type.

I've participated on this forum for some time and then other things began to seem more important so I left.
    Now I've come back because I'm having some time off from duties. I am certain that I am a Sensor. Other than that, I am certain that I'm one of the following types: ESTJ, ESFJ, ISTP, ISTJ, ESTP, ESFP. So basically the 4 ST types, plus the ESFJ and ESFP.
    I'm not very good at describing myself, and I prefer to be 'diagnosed' by direct contact, some kind of video chat or something like that.
    Some members told me I was ESTJ, others ISTP, at the end I was left with ISTP/ISTJ as doubts. I have STRONG Se and Si. But it seems that Si prevails. I could say these are the strongest functions of my psyche. I've studied this Socionics thing for quite some time so I'm not new to this.
    Thanks to all, Air.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would help but I don't like u
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so u see my dilemma
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hey Joy, where have you been all the time. Drop me a line.

Marxist Ne’er-do-well Red Villain's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-SLI/ xNTJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Air View Post
    I want to know my type.
    Wait in line, pal.
    "We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.".

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact that you don't like me is already helping me in knowing my type. As I remember, you were Beta NF when I left this forum. This could be pointing towards Delta ST for me. Thanks.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SLI
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Air as in Airborne?
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

yes.

you can find previous usernames on peoples profiles fyi (:

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    yes.

you can find previous usernames on peoples profiles fyi (:
    I checked but I didn't see that option. I thought maybe you couldn't do it anymore?

Well I don't like Airborne so I wouldn't use Pirate not liking him as proof he's Delta ST. He could be, but Pirate not liking him isn't evidence for it.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    Air as in Airborne?
    A first jump student is in the plane, at 3000', and won't go. His jumpmaster, anxious to jump, glares at him and yells, "IF YOU DON'T JUMP, I'M GONNA F***K YOU UP THE ASS !!!"

The next day, the student's friends ask him if he jumped. He replies, "Yea .... a little at first".

people who capitalize the fourth letter do not get a type over here
    RIGHT GUYZ?
    BRO HUG !!~111

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I've been thinking I'm ESFJ lately. I'm very much sure I'm an E6 sexual and counterphobic to the extreme with a strong wing 7.
    But ESFJ is constructivist, so I'm left a bit confused because I seem to be emotivist.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And people who "don't like me" please simply do not respond to any of the things I say. You're wasting your precious time by telling me you don't like me. I don't fucking care. You can get your likes and dislikes and shove them up your ass, maybe then you'd be more polite.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi you're still ESTj and some sx/sp

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

what do you really want? do you want four letters, or do you want insight about yourself, or do you want to know how other people see you?

four letters are easy. pick one. you have estj in your sig already. there u go.

i can't give you the second one and i don't remember you well enough to do a very good job of the third one.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EDIT: I know I was very adamant about you as 1w9 before, but 6w7 might work too. We'll see though, assuming you stick around long enough.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Galen. I have been in some doubt about 1w9 or 6w7. Both of these Enneagram types can be very similar and hard to distinguish. My issues seem to be mainly with rage, but I also have issues with fear, suspicion of others and counterphobic behavior. Let's see. I was talking to a friend of mine who introduced me to socionics and he maintains that I'm ESTj. My pal Ashton seems also to maintain this opinion. ESFJ and ESTJ can be very similar though, according to my friend: both have Ne-HA (to be perfect, to improve), both have Si creative function and Ni PolR, as well as Se demonstrative. What would really distinguish one from the other? IMO, the focus of the ESFJ is to live a good life, while the ESTJ is more directed at getting what he wants in the short run (Fe vs. Te leading).

Lungs: I want insight into myself. Thanks for asking. If you can't help that's fine. Just don't come post useless things like 'I don't like you' and such. Use your time more wisely.

jennifer: I capitalize the 4th letter because to me it makes no difference since we're not talking MBTI here. Other than that, I find it a bit homo to not capitalize the 4th letter. But really, makes no difference if people know it's not MBTI it's being discussed.

Capt.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default D:

Oh noes this is bad, another confused person. Anyways if i typed people correctly that are LSE's, i know 2 females and 2 males that are. What the females love* to do is always ask "Why", "Why didn't you do it like this?", "Why didn't you hand that plate to me this other way".

So one time i was going to visit some of my peeps at their living quarters and apparently i was walking back with a female LSE whom also lives there. The weather was nice, sunny day, cool wind and kids frolicking around everywhere - we had a brief conversation about her post-graduate plans and then randomly she asks me "Why are you walking so slow?" (and no i wasn't walking slow i was just walking behind her) and i thought it was rude to walk faster than her- like seriously who does that? *Cough* anyways 1. dude it's such a nice day, why walk fast? 2. I don't have another reason to walk fast since you have the keys for the house anyways...and i don't D=. If anyone can imagine this scenario and pick up and and PoLR. Good for you =). But if all fails and if i'm just bullshitting- yay

The first Male LSE is my martial arts wing-chun sifu (which imo is a very good fit for an instructor) very focused on the external environment, never afraid to point out that you're not doing it properly, or that your fighting form is like sloppy shit y'know? Very strict while teaching, when he's not teaching though- he'll usually be cleaning or with his cup of tea. K guys don't think the traditional chinese sifu with robes and long fury whiskers. Think bald chinese dude with moustache that grew out after a few weeks from shave. He's also very simple in how he dresses, very down to earth.

The other male is from my church. he manages things related to the building. So when our church had a huge renovation (new sanctuary, new parking lot etc etc) he handled that. He would also deal with construction and would meet with the council to discuss about these sort of matters? He's also very direct and will say what's on his mind.

When i come into contact with LSE i'm just like "Ehhh go away", they're a lot less approachable and less warm than ESE for sure. Ohhh and both of them knows how to joke around too, but i have yet to compare it to ESE's

/end long post
    Last edited by BreeZ; 04-26-2012 at 05:56 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

And people who "don't like me" please simply do not respond to any of the things I say. You're wasting your precious time by telling me you don't like me. I don't fucking care. You can get your likes and dislikes and shove them up your ass, maybe then you'd be more polite.
    Don't be homosexual.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact that you don't like me is already helping me in knowing my type. As I remember, you were Beta NF when I left this forum. This could be pointing towards Delta ST for me. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    I checked but I didn't see that option. I thought maybe you couldn't do it anymore?

Well I don't like Airborne so I wouldn't use Pirate not liking him as proof he's Delta ST. He could be, but Pirate not liking him isn't evidence for it.
    It was on topic. You use a Beta NF not liking you as evidence you might be Delta ST, you have to also consider a Delta NF not liking you as evidence against it. Though I do think you're likely LSE. I just don't like using who likes whom as evidence for type.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Slacker it seems then you got some good practical sense there. I was actually making a subtle joke by telling a beta NF that the fact the doesn't like me is pointing to Delta ST for me. Generally I have good relations with Delta NFs, but with some it's just BAD from the beggining. My last girlfriend tormented my life to a point where I had to finally put an end to her infantile lack of care, lack of morality, lack of everything by the way, and end the relationship. And she was INFJ. A few months later I met a lovely INFJ with whom I planned to live together with, we had an instantaneous chemistry. I intend to go live with her in a few months. So, people are just different no matter their type. And btw, I do not think Duality is the best form of relation. It's a very intense and exciting one, but I think that for a serious commitment, Caregiver with Caregiver, Aggressor with Aggressor, Infantile with Infantile, Victim with Victim, are better and more likely to succeed, because there is a much bigger common ground.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BreeZ View Post
    So one time i was going to visit some of my peeps at their living quarters and apparently i was walking back with a female LSE whom also lives there. The weather was nice, sunny day, cool wind and kids frolicking around everywhere - we had a brief conversation about her post-graduate plans and then randomly she asks me "Why are you walking so slow?" (and no i wasn't walking slow i was just walking behind her) and i thought it was rude to walk faster than her- like seriously who does that? *Cough* anyways 1. dude it's such a nice day, why walk fast? 2. I don't have another reason to walk fast since you have the keys for the house anyways...and i don't D=. If anyone can imagine this scenario and pick up and and PoLR. Good for you =). But if all fails and if i'm just bullshitting- yay
    The LSE who told you 'why are you walking so slow'... this is just Te leading and EJ temperament. Ni PolR ensures that the person will sometimes ask you to go faster or slower when it's really innapropriate or impossible to do so. If it's an LSE, then probably the demanding nature of the LSE is what you don't like, and I can't say you're wrong. I've noticed in other ESTJs other than me also, that they become more and more demanding and commanding of others when something bad happens to them or when they're feeling somehow bad (Si creative, very important to feel good physically and mentally to the LSE). Like they discharge their rage at things not being the way they would like them to be at that moment, on others. When I'm in a bad mood I'm really not a good person to deal with. I become too serious and demanding of people. This is a bad side of an LSE, but all types have their good and bad sides. What's your type BreeZ?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And one other day, after meeting an ISTJ friend, I was wondering how important the Creative function is. It seems to me to be more important to the individual him/herself than the leading function, because it supports the leading function. This friend was telling me that when he feels impotent, powerless or weak physically he just gets very mad and doesn't want to get out of bed for the day. When I have back pains, or some pain whatever, or when I have a hangover for example (things that hurt my ) I just do not want to do anything at all, or don't feel I'd do something well if I did. In the opposite however, when I feel I had a wonderful night of sleep, my body is just totally comfortable, the temperature is good - not too hot not too cold - I just feel able to do whatever. I get into a frenzy and don't stop doing things, sometimes even pointless things, but it seems that I just MUST do these things because I'm feeling okay. For example I start cleaning things, placing things in order even if they're already in order. I take the garbage out even if it's almost empty of trash. I play Flight Simulator and land big planes neatly on the runways. I rewrite contracts, I re-read laws, etc. I've noticed this type of frenzied activity sometimes annoys people.

Capt.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'
    Last edited by BreeZ; 05-11-2012 at 06:20 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am certain that you are ESFj.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)