Thread: Message from western ivory tower to socionics: bow before our New World Order

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Message from western ivory tower to socionics: bow before our New World Order

This was linked to on CNN today, by a guy who claims in a new book that politics is *gasp* genetic.

http://www.unl.edu/polphyslab/sites/...ycharticle.pdf

Beyond reinventing the entire supersocion theory (and ripping Socionics and MBTI for good measure), the closing paragraph is the real eye opener because it reveals the extent of their misguidance: they seek a new role for the police state in the circumscription of free speech, in the name of political homogeneity and hegemony. But the most pitiful thing is that conservatives are really like that -- there was no mention of positivism, or negativism, at all. It's like they came upon the values substrata between TIM and the subtle body, and instead of really reflecting on it they said, "how can we get hold of this to make the world BETTER?" But the last joke will be on them, because the debaters and demagogues have sealed themselves tightly in academia, increasingly to the point where rational voices can no longer find peace nor solace; but knowledge of the attitude model is not for THEM -- to the contrary, it is for us, that we may judge THEM for their arrogance, flippance, and most of all haste.
    Last edited by tcaudilllg; 04-08-2012 at 09:20 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been long unimpressed by the diligence and -- how to say it -- "insight" of the political science community. Very unimpressed. This may be the most pathetic article on the matter -- or on any matter of psychology -- I think I've ever seen. Even Freud, in all of his pitiable existence, actually tried. You can tell that these people just wanted to take credit for everything. I developed the supersocion theory by challenging people to change themselves -- and taking note of their resistance. Of course there was the rebellion against Freud by the Japanese anime/game writers (games more than anime... no time in anime to dwell on deeper philosophical concepts beyond "the moment"), which they tried to express their accumulated knowledge of personality in defiance of the vast void in interpersonal understanding sustained by pro-Freudian authorities and identitiy-politiics fanatics, and sometimes relevant traits were evident in characters of mostly psychoanalytic derivation as well (although there was always a hint of socionics through the portraits, VI...). But this was really just ego-fuel for pushing myself to take a hard look at model A and at the people around me, and to figure out what the hell was going on with them. Looking back, the system rests on a rather simple set of concepts... it was just a challenge to believe in the truth of them because there was nothing to build on. Now they are playing catchup... it's quite pathetic. BUT... that's the problem of trying to understand personality artificially. In neuroscience you don't find people who have competent theories of mind... it seems the leaders are autistic... pathologically so. They are trying to understand what they see signs of but cannot comprehend, all the while entangling themselves further in their own unconscious vices. It is quite pathetic, and would be merely mockable, except it seems like powerful people are starting to listen, and that's bad because it means life will get worse for the rest of us in the long run. It's us vs them... here's to hoping evolution has some vengeance of its own in store for their twisted minds.

I personally think the money paid to fund these "investigations" should be stripped. Neuroscience is about finding cures for dementia, not lecturing the people about politics. And I think that is probably what will happen, because the conservatives are getting increasingly anxious about the asserted roles the neuroscientists are claiming their research should play in our thinking. I mean really, they are on the march. They plan a sudden, radical clash: like with Darwin and natural selection, everything changes overnight. No hypotheses, no speculations. Just a sudden, radical transformation, forcing everyone else to react to the new reality, the new way of looking at things.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It's depressing that people are going to be ignorant and dogmatic, but there are people who will be hopeful. But, we're also evolving, so there are things outside of our control, too.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-09-2012 at 02:20 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Creepy-pokeball

Join Science 2.0 on Facebook.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)