Thread: Buncha questions about IEIs and the SLE/IEI combo (INFp-ESTp)

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Buncha questions about IEIs and the SLE/IEI combo (INFp-ESTp)

What do you think of these two. You think sonic and sally are an SLE/IEI pair? I'm still getting used to the pairings so I'm not sure. Sonic was my hero from birth and I named my cat after Sally cuz she's hawt and I want her even though she's an animal. (mm kinky)

So I'm an SLE and I've met my fair share of INFp's. If I wanted to put a conscious effort into finding INFp's, where should I go? I'm a gymnast and I met most of them in that sport but the age for gymnastics is passing so the odds of finding an INFp that's still going to the gym are slim. I've been suspecting yoga class might be a good place. Any ideas? I love art and wanted to get into some kind of art class as well, probably just drawing.

Here's another random question.

As I mentioned eariler, I've met INFp's. Typically what happens I tend to find them somewhere in my proximity checking me out, or I start checking them out I'm not too sure which comes first. Then the across the room eye contact eventually turns into walking and talking about the weather or whatever worthless shit I can pull out of my ass. I always get this sense like, "GOD I WANT TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT SOMETHING FUN!" but it never happens, almost as if she's holding back. Like I really really want them to start talking but they just, don't, and they tend to give really enthusiastic one word answers. I got an INFp to give me 3 words once, that was pretty impressive.

Anyway I'll use one girl as an example. She sat at my lunch table and I just looked at her curiously then started talking to her. Then we parted ways and suddenly I felt totally turned on. She lived on the same floor as me so our interaction was mostly me being a jackass rolling down the hallway in a laundry cart and her laughing hysterically. Somewhere along the line we started talking. I got her phone number and asked her if she wanted to go running with me which she said "Yeah!" like it was a great idea. Then when I approached her the next day she was completely cold. I was a little disheartened so I pulled back a little. Eventually I tried again. We sorta went back and forth but never had any success. At one point we met at a football game and just stopped and gave a loud enthusiastic "HEY!" to one another and I asked her if she wanted to hang out sometime. She said yes so I called and left a message. Still no success. Never called back, and our paths didn't cross because we never had any classes in common.

Anyway I met tons of INFp's in my life, and this is almost always how it goes. So for the last few years I completely gave up on them and went after ENFj's and ISFp's. Back in those days I was terrified of girls and didn't have much confidence but I tried and tried over and over. If I had to do something all over it would be my confidence, because now I'm not nervous at all and I ask women out all the time, sometimes on accident and I regret it. Suggestions? I know the possibility is in there somewhere but I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Maybe I'm not showing up at her door with flowers or something, Idunno.
    Last edited by Azure Flame; 04-08-2012 at 07:02 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think you're talking to dead people.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone told me this forum had activity, haha, so I figured it was worth a shot.

Is there an english speaking socionics forum that still functions?

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Keep pursuing! like a lot haha...
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Banned
    TIM
    ISTP Se-LSI 6w5cp sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We. Don't. Claim. You.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Is there an english speaking socionics forum that still functions?
    Yes, I launched one a few months ago. PM for instructions.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So that's why I've been single all these years...

Idunno, the last couple times I tried for about 2 years and still didn't have any success. How much effort are we talking here? Cuz this is just retarded.

At the same time I remember feeling hot/cold toward them myself. I wasn't willing to open up to them because they were so bubbly and I'm... not. So I wonder if they felt the same way toward me? perhaps they weren't willing to open up to my SLE'ness?

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

um they don't call the SLE the aggressor for nothing. she wants you to go after her full force.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rafaeli View Post
    um they don't call the SLE the aggressor for nothing. she wants you to go after her full force.
    Hola Rafaeli.

I agree with your post.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you think of these two. You think sonic and sally are an SLE/IEI pair? I'm still getting used to the pairings so I'm not sure. Sonic was my hero from birth and I named my cat after Sally cuz she's hawt and I want her even though she's an animal. (mm kinky)
    The ass was fat.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm, I've never gone after a girl full force before. Well actually I did when I made out with an enfj and she kept pushing me away, only reason I stopped was the fear I'd be accused of rape the next day. Then again I was in the military when I met the last 3 and if you breathe wrong you'll be accused of rape. I think my INTj mother instilled some sort of "no means no" mentality. Damn I'm behind.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    The ass was fat.
    you take that back! *shakes fist*

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    IEIs need persistence. Basically we're super unsure and standoffish and you need to compensate for that. You pretty much have to initiate everything - talking, meeting up - until we're super comfortable around you. Sure, sometimes we'll call you back, but the likelihood is really not worth banking on.

Also I tend to dismiss most SLEs initially as vapid playas who are amusing but not really worth an emotional investment.I'm not sure how true this is for other IEIs but a good way of keeping me interested is to demonstrate some substance - talk to me about something intellectual, or beat me at chess and I'll respect you.

Where to find IEIs - at home Um, yoga class sounds like a decent bet... basically where introverts hang out, but you can sometimes find them as part of large groups when their friends drag them out. Writing and art classes are said to be a good bet, although I've never been to either...
    IEI's tend to be homebodies, mostly because they want to conform even though it is their natural inclination to be free spirits. If they are not conscious enough of their own wants then they will be wrapped up in whatever career they have chosen.
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, you again. It's like you never go away, do you?

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

hmm, I've never gone after a girl full force before. Well actually I did when I made out with an enfj and she kept pushing me away, only reason I stopped was the fear I'd be accused of rape the next day. Then again I was in the military when I met the last 3 and if you breathe wrong you'll be accused of rape. I think my INTj mother instilled some sort of "no means no" mentality. Damn I'm behind.
    That's a bad thing? Going after someone full-force doesn't mean going all out-stalker and not listening to any feedback they give you. That's partly why people bitch about Twilight remember? If you want to go the full-force way ofc be persistent but if you're obviously about to cross a line and *do*, they'll just end up hating you. Back off and try again later, possibly less aggressively.

Mosquitoes avoid swats, that doesn't make them non-persistent.
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuavaDrunk View Post
    That's a bad thing? Going after someone full-force doesn't mean going all out-stalker and not listening to any feedback they give you. That's partly why people bitch about Twilight remember? If you want to go the full-force way ofc be persistent but if you're obviously about to cross a line and *do*, they'll just end up hating you. Back off and try again later, possibly less aggressively.

Mosquitoes avoid swats, that doesn't make them non-persistent.
    That's a good analogy. So if an IEI "swats" at you, then what form does that take, and what's going on in the girl's mind when she does this?

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That's a good analogy. So if an IEI "swats" at you, then what form does that take, and what's going on in the girl's mind when she does this?
    Any kind of refusal or disapproving behaviours used in your culture, although I understand the incidence of shouting/loud confrontational behaviour is lower than average. I can't pronounce myself on the mind's content without knowing the person. Probably something akin to "annoying/intrusive f*ck" or "playa >.>".
    Reason is a whore.

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    IEIs need persistence. Basically we're super unsure and standoffish and you need to compensate for that. You pretty much have to initiate everything - talking, meeting up - until we're super comfortable around you. Sure, sometimes we'll call you back, but the likelihood is really not worth banking on.

Also I tend to dismiss most SLEs initially as vapid playas who are amusing but not really worth an emotional investment.I'm not sure how true this is for other IEIs but a good way of keeping me interested is to demonstrate some substance - talk to me about something intellectual, or beat me at chess and I'll respect you.

Where to find IEIs - at home Um, yoga class sounds like a decent bet... basically where introverts hang out, but you can sometimes find them as part of large groups when their friends drag them out. Writing and art classes are said to be a good bet, although I've never been to either...
    When I took poetry class, ISFp and ENFp seemed really abundant. I didnt see any INFps

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuavaDrunk View Post
    Any kind of refusal or disapproving behaviours used in your culture, although I understand the incidence of shouting/loud confrontational behaviour is lower than average. I can't pronounce myself on the mind's content without knowing the person. Probably something akin to "annoying/intrusive f*ck" or "playa >.>".
    I get that a lot. I must be a chick magnet! lol

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Marry Allie.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marry her? Hmm. Sounds like a reasonable suggestion.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You're a sensory type; you look and think beyond type; I'm an emotional type and to you it may seem that I'm being very narrow minded by suggesting that this is a reasonable suggestion, but it's because I think, based on my feelings, that certain criteria is enough, it's because I know that it can work beyond what sensory types look for, which are usually things such as surface level compatibility, do I like the way they dress, what they eat, does she live close by, how does she look physically, etc. All those things I don't care about, those are detailed and sensory things that are insignificant to forming good, solid relationships; I think those things are surface only, and the only way to know that compatibility exists is by type. The surface things go away over time and interaction if the match isn't good/compatible.
    -

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My god you were serious.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My god you were serious.
    Were you being dismissive?
    -

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what like, marry her right now? Go on her profile and ask her to marry me? shit I mean I've been pressued into marriage before in my life, but it was usually by my girlfriend and not by a random bystander.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

what like, marry her right now? Go on her profile and ask her to marry me? shit I mean I've been pressued into marriage before in my life, but it was usually by my girlfriend and not by a random bystander.
    LOL; no silly, ask her out, do the usual courting thing...
    -