View Poll Results: what type is Bruno Mars?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

1 33.33%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

0 0%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

1 33.33%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

1 33.33%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bruno Mars

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bruno Mars

I've seen him mentioned in a previous thread as possibly SEE or xEI, which makes me go hmmm. I was reminded of him when i heard that Grenade song on the radio. For reasons I'm not entirely sure of, I find him completely irksome. And that song so completely whiny. Since there's not rational basis for my dislike I am, of course, going to blame it all on poor Socionics intertype relation, because what else could it be?

Seriously, anyone have any ideas?

quotes:

I don't like two stories. I like one story. I never grew up with stairs. I like to stick to what I know.

I've learned people are watching, so don't do nothing stupid.

Someone told me something that stuck with me: 'You have to envision your life, and then go backwards.' I've been living by that motto for a while, so I see where I need to be. Now I'm just backtracking and trying to get back up there.

There's always a bittersweet kind of thing, but I feel like everything had to work out the way it is. Everything that had to happen, happened.

I can't even speak Hawaiian, but if you go there and listen to a Hawaiian song, you get captured because it's so beautiful, like the melody is just gorgeous and you know Bob Marley is on the radio every single day. It's very reggae-influenced down there. Basically, you haven't been to paradise if you haven't been to Hawaii.

Hawaii is paradise. It sounds cheesy to say it, but there's music in the air there.

I love that I can talk to my fans through Twitter, to cut out the middle man. Because I've done interviews where my words have gotten twisted, so it's nice to be able to have things coming straight from me.

Everyone calls me Bruno; they don't ever call me Peter - that was just my government name.

I really wish I knew what I was doing because I'd be writing hit songs every minute.

Writing for other artists helped me figure out that magic you have to capture to make everyone connect with a song.

You know, when Michael Jackson does the moonwalk, he's showing off! When Prince or Hendrix do a guitar solo, it's confidence! I would hate to be at a show and some nervous wreck is sweating up there and doesn't feel like he deserves to be there.

I just write songs that I strongly believe in and that are coming from inside. There's no tricks. It's honesty with big melodies.

I don't try and be dark, but there are obviously darker emotions that I want to capture sometimes.

I love artists like Prince, who hold on to that element of mystery.

I just know that I'm a fan of all different kinds of genres. You're supposed to be free doing music, and that's how I feel.

What I'm hoping is that every album I'm going to do will give my audience something different, and that they'll grow as I do.

I don't throw lavish parties or nothing like that - I just want a bed and a TV.

Last edited by silke; 08-02-2017 at 09:55 PM. Reason: updated links
    Some kind of Ixxp. Who knows.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe-XEI was my impression.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SEI, Beck's obvious Identical, and fucking ewwww
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Even though I'm hungover and first time I hear about him, I'm going to with SEI-Fe 9w1-4w5-3w4.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No idea but I very much like Bruno. LSE friend introduced me to him through his song Billionare. Still my favourite track of his.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SLI
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI-Fe

Creepy-pokeball

lol these votes are everywhere. Awesome

ESFp 3w4. Midget Islander Elvis sez hi.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hate the guy's music fwiw. That one song about him being lazy and condescending all day makes me mad bro.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i LOVE Bruno Mars' music. Love his lyrics, love him as a person. He is an incredible talent, and finally there is something actually good to listen to on the radio... love running to his songs as well!

I'm surprised to hear all these negative opinions of him tbh...

Not sure what type he is, but i figured i would put in my comment--maybe it'll help in some way with typing him.

EDIT: I didn't realize Billionaire was Bruno's... I actually did not like that one song of his, but the rest have been AWESOMEEE, and doesn't really change my opinion of him.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    Hate the guy's music fwiw. That one song about him being lazy and condescending all day makes me mad bro.
    Hell yeah on this. Smug, self-satisfied, lifeless, bland, possibly the worst thing I could ever hear. Fuck this shit to hell a million times over and then some.
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Besides a few, like workaholicsanon, I think that Bruno's music will be universally received as banal no matter what type he is.
    The end is nigh

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

some F

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

considering the popularity of his music, I think "besides a few...universally received as banal" is a gross generalization based on your personal tastes, that obviously hasn't borne out to be true.

Oh speaking of banal lyrics, Taylor Swift's songs are what I think is truly banal on the radio. Nice girl, but her stuff bores me to tears. I mean, Bruno's songs aren't meant to be deep or anything, but they're meaningful, poetic, and the music sounds nice (to me anyway).
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bruno Mars can kiss my ass like 1 2 3

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

most stuff on the radio is universally received as banal but bruno mars has by far the most obnoxious songs to come out lately.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Workaholicsanon, just because a song is played on the radio all day does not make it popular, at least in a bottom-up way. The radio promotes music to create a demand for it. They forecast "popularity," and even when they're wrong, the songs are drilled enough into peoples' heads where hosts of parties and events or initiators of casual conversation feel comfortable playing/talking about the songs because it is on the radio so it must be popular.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Bruno did 'Fuck you' by Cee Lo Green, I don't like Bruno Mars and but that's a dirty little track.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    Workaholicsanon, just because a song is played on the radio all day does not make it popular, at least in a bottom-up way. The radio promotes music to create a demand for it. They forecast "popularity," and even when they're wrong, the songs are drilled enough into peoples' heads where hosts of parties and events or initiators of casual conversation feel comfortable playing/talking about the songs because it is on the radio so it must be popular.
    I think popular in pop music is just hitting the sweet spot with the lowest common denominator and not offending some select critics and market makers. Not every song that get promoted gets popular, neither does every song that gets popular get promoted. I think Bruno Mars makes some fairly inoffensive music that is easily marketable to the masses which is why he's popular. He didn't become played on the radio because of his looks or anything, he got popular because he was producing and writing a lot of hits for other musicians before he became a solo artist.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure, that makes sense. I was thinking of "popularity" in a deeper sense, in which something is popular by the number of people that have considered it worthy artistically, rather than using the music as a mere focal point for conversation irrelevant to its artistic/technical merits. Popular music is more decorative than artistic. It doesn't convey meaning so much as to serve as a backdrop for the activity it is advertising.
    The end is nigh

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by mfckr; 12-25-2014 at 01:28 AM.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I keep hearing people talk about this guy and I have no idea who he is. haha
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    FSE
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ugh x2

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

UGH-cringe subtype.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Merry quadra. Not sure. Reminds me a lot of people on campus that have this 'urban but like, totally chilled out, man' vibe. He looks tired but really attentive.

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That interview with the Kerr girl was embarrassingly awkward. I don't like him, too much bravado and not enough substance. Idk what type he is...SEE/SLE maybe?

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IXFp probably. I might also want to say some sort of sp 9w1

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think SEE, or perhaps EIE

He is aggressive, outspoke and generally attacks his critics very openly.

Here is him doing a Elvis impersonation...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...8&noredirect=1

I don't think SEI or IEI either, this guy has nothing in common with these types who are quiet and generally diplomatic and tactful. Bruno is an outward focused hit maker who seeks status and fans, his work is concentrate on making hits not expressing some internal sensation or vision.

I think Bruno is a clear extrovert as well.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Fireyed This is purely based on VI because I don't know anything about him except what I saw in a few minutes of the first video. His mannerisms, way of speaking and demeanor all are exactly like a friend who I type as SLE. I typed my friend SLE because she is clearly a sensor and EP. She gives off a chill vibe, but can get aggressive if someone messes with her. She also works hard and gets a lot accomplished. Doesn't value Si - has nice stuff, always looks attractive and is always fixing food for people, but in an offhand way, like it is not really important to her. She is not as socially polished as a SEE, makes Fi errors occasionally. Hence the SLE typing. Bruno Mars could be her double. It is uncanny. I tend to agree with Hkkmr that he is not SEI, the ones I know seem more remote.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I am pretty sure he's a ethical type, I also think his communication style is passionate vs business like.

I think Bruno is very socially "polished" but I don't really see it as being analyzable thing depending on what people consider this very subjective topic. What he is is emotional, and emotional focused vs logic.

http://www.gq.com/style/wear-it-now/...-gq-april-2013

I think this is a good interview for him, and it shows his emotional focus vs logical focus.

TIM
    IEI 4 sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_5zBsytZN0

i watched several short interviews just now and this is what i got to say:
    he seems confident, in general, but definitely soft-spoken at times. especially in his interview with "Z100". (see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP8ePCBYV00) he seems really, really sweet and non-contentious for the most part, all-though he does playfully brag at several points (i am referring to in the context of looking at ALL of the interviews i saw). he doesn't seem, like, intimidated, but he is not boisterous - he does not seem intrusive in any setting, yet seems to stand his ground. i feel like the z100 dude is trying to take the conversation to a more sarcastic, gritty direction, joking about sex and all, but bruno doesn't seem all that interested or provoked.

he is definitely expressive. his face is very animated, his tone of voice is too - very expressive. tons of soft laughter. i don't know how else to say that. in the interviews, i feel he is very receptive to going along with whatever emotional atmosphere is created, or at least to creating one. and i feel his mood is usually pretty pleasant, pretty chilled out.

he is very receptive to joking around and making light of things. all though he makes jokes often in these interviews, they are usually not very harsh or sarcastic ones, though sometimes a little so. his language seems straightforward, i think. in this video i'm posting the link to, for example, when asked about the time he was busted for cocaine possession, he doesn't really speak in abstract terms. "i was embarrassed. it was me being extremely, extremely careless, and not thinking." not as confident about my point of him not speaking abstractly... but it seems accurate to me. in my mind i'm just comparing him to myself and other Ni-leading types i know i guess - we are more rambling.

i think he is SEI

p.s. lol, at the very beginning the song is, "today i don't want to do anything, i just want to lay in my bed." how typical of an SEI? jk!
    and he was such a dang cute baby.
    "If you can find out little melodies for yourself on the piano it is all very well. But if they come of themselves when you are not at the piano, then you have still greater reason to rejoice; for then the inner sense of music is astir in you. The fingers must make what the head wills, not vice versa."- Robert Schumann

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I agree. I always thought he was Fe-SEI... which would explain some of the Gamma response to him in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    I think SEE, or perhaps EIE

He is aggressive, outspoke and generally attacks his critics very openly.

Here is him doing a Elvis impersonation...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...8&noredirect=1
    lol, good find, but he actually looks kind of shy there. I'm not seeing an aggressive SEE at all.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    ^I agree. I always thought he was Fe-SEI... which would explain some of the Gamma response to him in this thread.

lol, good find, but he actually looks kind of shy there. I'm not seeing an aggressive SEE at all.
    Have you ever read a interview from this guy. He tells people to fuck off constantly/etc/etc/etc. This guy is a aggressive person. He also talks a lot about sex.

"Oh, don't nerd out on me. You know what I was talking about!"

You want to shock the world?

"Hell yeah! I've got nothing else to do."

What's the secret to a good song?

Mars gives this question some careful consideration. "Shit. For me? Hypnotize me in the very first three seconds, wake my ear plate up, give me something that I haven't felt before...and then punch me in the fucking face."

What's your style?

"I used to be like a loudmouth. You know the guy, people would want to take his money. If you do get them to lose, they're out for you, they're gunning for you. And that's when they're weak. And that's when you jump or pounce on them."

He doesn't seem at all shy to me, nor would he even consider himself very shy.

Anyways, he's not very introverted not in his verbalization. When he's describing himself he describes what he wants in concrete and external terms. Also there is alot of sensory terminology in his words, and not "punch me in the fucking face", "jump and pounce on them".

Bruno imo is very similar to another SEE, Elvis, who he idolizes and has emulated.

TIM
    IEI 4 sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah re: the vid of him interviewed as a kid. he is a bad-ass dancer!!
    and again - adorable
    "If you can find out little melodies for yourself on the piano it is all very well. But if they come of themselves when you are not at the piano, then you have still greater reason to rejoice; for then the inner sense of music is astir in you. The fingers must make what the head wills, not vice versa."- Robert Schumann

TIM
    IEI 4 sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what interview are all those quotes from? the one you posted earlier on this thread?

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pluie View Post
    i watched several short interviews just now and this is what i got to say:
    he seems confident, in general, but definitely soft-spoken at times. especially in his interview with "Z100". (see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP8ePCBYV00) he seems really, really sweet and non-contentious for the most part, all-though he does playfully brag at several points (i am referring to in the context of looking at ALL of the interviews i saw). he doesn't seem, like, intimidated, but he is not boisterous - he does not seem intrusive in any setting, yet seems to stand his ground. i feel like the z100 dude is trying to take the conversation to a more sarcastic, gritty direction, joking about sex and all, but bruno doesn't seem all that interested or provoked.
    I don't think bruno has any problems with sex and quite enjoy talking about it, he wrote a song about women's privates. I don't think SEE's are all that sarcastic, but Bruno can get pretty down and dirty.

TIM
    IEI 4 sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm not saying he has a problem with sex, i am emphasizing that he doesn't seem to respond to the interviewer with the same playfulness/boisterousness that he could've. i just said "bruno doesn't seem all that interested or provoked." i don't think he seems intimidated necessarily, just not very interested, or again--key word-- "provoked".

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

what interview are all those quotes from? the one you posted earlier on this thread?
    Yes. I've seen a lot of interviews with Bruno Mars and he's never been anything but an assertive individual. I don't see the shyness.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

i'm not saying he has a problem with sex, i am emphasizing that he doesn't seem to respond to the interviewer with the same playfulness/boisterousness that he could've. i just said "bruno doesn't seem all that interested or provoked." i don't think he seems intimidated necessarily, just not very interested, or again--key word-- "provoked".
    Really this doesn't mean anything as far as typing. Anyways from what I know about Bruno in the music industry, he's a big go-getter kind of person.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast