Thread: Fi Social Network Connectionswhere do you live?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fi Social Network Connections....where do you live?

take a look at this, kind of long, the guy's voice is a little bit grating, but pretty interesting. esp from socionics perspective.could this be the extended Fi description we've been waiting for?

http://www.ted.com/talks/nicholas_ch..._networks.html

i haven't been hanging around here lately, but comments welcome.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

That guys voice is Fi valuing, but it isn't Fi base. He's a Te base because he's looking for cause and effect "how does obesity effect us."
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks maritsa. i wasn't so much talking about the type of the speaker as i am about his overall concept of social networks, where people reside within them, and what the meaning of the amorphous animal, the social netowrk is.

it's kind of an abstract concept to get your mind around, but it seemed as if the social network phenomenon, describes Fi in a way that hasn't been done before. so, i was seeking the input of those who have a better understanding of Fi what their thoughts are.

ILE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    thanks maritsa. i wasn't so much talking about the type of the speaker as i am about his overall concept of social networks, where people reside within them, and what the meaning of the amorphous animal, the social netowrk is.

it's kind of an abstract concept to get your mind around, but it seemed as if the social network phenomenon, describes Fi in a way that hasn't been done before. so, i was seeking the input of those who have a better understanding of Fi what their thoughts are.
    Ummm, don't you think I have an understanding of Fi and what my thoughts are? LOL

Anyway. I don't really use social networking like Facebook and other media outlets to foster social connections; I don't spend time interacting with people other than on the forum. I'd rather get to know people through my interests.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sure i value your thoughts. did you watch the whole video? it's long,about 20 min. anyway, when i spoke of his voice,i was trying to warn people that the video might hard to watch because of that! lol

anyway, he is not referring to facebook exclusively by any means, more to all kinds of naturally occurring social networks.

ILE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yes I did, he sees the world through connection, of social networks, intricate elaborate connections. Fi doesn't make external observations of these connections nor does it care; you don't understand Fi. Fi is a subjective, internal feeling function; with this subjective internal function, the "clusters" are internally created based on who an Fi base type likes and dislikes. This subjects the Fi type to not be connected to external people, like flocking together with others like it does with extraverted types. I've noticed that my Fe base cousin wants me to do things that she does so that the external look of things, the competition will encourage her to "fit" into our plan. Fi types don't really need anyone else to do or be a certain way. A situation where an Fi type is connected to a social network is through value/moral concept. I would be "connected" to my aunt because she's sick and a moral "law" is that the sick should be treated a certain way, with a certain regard, this morality helps me make that "connection" with her.

Fi likes to preserve traditional things like holidays, where "emotions" are transmitted through gatherings, and "parties." Other than that the animations are made up, in the Fi's mind that helps them connect with the external things, but when it comes to external, Fi can be out of touch because they are not externally driven.

Happiness, an emotion, is not driven by who we are connected with; yes, when people we love are not feeling well, we get down, but I don't think that they are as emotionally vested in them as Fe types are.

I find that social networks are an easy way to interact with people without having to deal with them face to face, I need to be distant from people for my own comfort because I'm an introvert.
    -

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blaze, i would say that it is a combo of Fi and Fe. Probably other, but I'll focus on those due to your question.

The Fi part of the network would be, for example, what drew you to connect with another individual. Usually based off common experiences, common interests, common values, etc. if you are a relaxed kind of person, you'll not likely become close friends with someone who's uptight, or on the gogogo, and vis versa. If you offer to meet for lunch as you try to get to know them, and they keep suggesting vegan restaurants, but you prefer meat, you two may have difficulty figuring out a restaurant and the foods you each order will make clear that there is at least one or more value differences between you two. And so on.

As for the spreading part of his talk, such as his examples of shared emotional gestures and beer and doughnut meals, those would be related to Fe. The more you hang out with someone, the more shared experiences you have, the more the communication between you two refines itself to the point of not really needing words. You can easily read each other's body language and know what each other is thinking based on the context. And they yours. You both begin mirroring each other. Your memes, thoughts, values, etc also begin being mirrored by them, and theirs by you. This of course spreads out as they use the same gestures and mirroring with their other friends. And what they've picked up from their friends will show up in your interaction with them.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    The Fi part of the network would be, for example, what drew you to connect with another individual. Usually based off common experiences, common interests, common values,
    Great post.
    -

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

take a look at this, kind of long, the guy's voice is a little bit grating, but pretty interesting. esp from socionics perspective.could this be the extended Fi description we've been waiting for?

http://www.ted.com/talks/nicholas_ch..._networks.html

i haven't been hanging around here lately, but comments welcome.
    He's just talking basic sociology, and as such this has not so much to do with socionics. He's just talking about mechanisms of social institutions, of informal norms, and any Socionics information element could be involved in the construction of social norms that govern individual and social bevavior.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from:*http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...l=1#post861387 starting post #932

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33
    If you weren't so shadenfeuder you would see how in that thread we said the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by anndelise
    I believe she meant: Schadenfreude: pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.
    Schadenfreuder, i suppose, would be one who takes pleasure in the misfortune of others.

And in her world, if you don,t agree with her, or try to get her to actually think about what she's saying/doing, then i suppose you'd be taking pleasure in her misfortunes. Misfortunes of what? Not sure. Perhaps the misfortune of having to read her own words and try to find some meaning/accuracy in them??
    That is the literal meaning, I would say pride. If you weren't so proud you'd se that you and I were saying the same thing in that thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by anndelise
    If you were capable of reading comprehension and catching implicit meanings, you'd recognize that the 'hall of fame quote' carries far more context than the thread you are referring to, here.

(You'd also see that in the thread you refer to, that only one of your sentences "said the same thing" as part of what I wrote.
    But that argument isn't for this thread.)
    What you perceived I said is actually what I though I said.

Because some people try to understand and some people try to interpret. As a couple, my dual and I are very good at interpreting what we mean to each other and understanding one another.

@Maritsa
    a) i am not your dual, neither is a huge amount of the world's population, neither is a huge amount of people on this forum. If you limit your understandability to only those who are your "dual", then you limit your understandability to others. (including yourself, I suppose.)

b)
    That guys voice is Fi valuing, but it isn't Fi base. He's a Te base because he's looking for cause and effect "how does obesity effect us."
    Not similar to what I said.

c)
    Anyway. I don't really use social networking like Facebook and other media outlets to foster social connections; I don't spend time interacting with people other than on the forum. I'd rather get to know people through my interests.
    I said nothing about facebook or other social media outlets.
    The only thing 'similar' to what I said is possibly that "{you'd} rather get to know people through {your} interests"

Fi is a subjective, internal feeling function; with this subjective internal function, the "clusters" are internally created based on who an Fi base type likes and dislikes.
    is the only other thing that you wrote that is even vaguely similar to what I wrote.
    But I didn,t limit my post to Fi base, like you keep doing. There IS such a thing as Fi creative and Fi valuing.
    Nor did I limit my post to WHO is liked/disliked. There is far more to social networks than likes/dislikes.

So no, we didn't say much of anything similar, except that we both included the concept of "interests".
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Like I said, you and I have very poor communication and understanding of one another and I will cease at that.
    -

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oh, anndelise. Maritsa is sulking now. Say you're her dual.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks anndelise.....that is very interesting, Especially the Fe part and how the mood or momentum spreads. The way he had it graphically depicted, social networks almost seemed like an organism. Your notes about the concrete Fi related connectors between people give the idea of the skeleton structure that exists between people, the basic building blocks of relations, while Fe is the embodiment of energy that pushes and swells, giving the network itself life.

Consenting adult, it's more than just sociology, these guys are measuring Fi and Fe in a new and different way.

I read so much about logic, this is the first time I've seen a graphic representation of how a network functions. So, a bit abstract, since it's removed from the details of the people involved, but very compelling in terms of the overall view, a la matrix.

ILE

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think most of this stuff is just ethical analysis in general. The measurements people use to determine things like obesity/etc are very much in play today and it's actually quite common for data of this sort to be analyzed in variety of manner. I think social networks actually make "objective" something that has thus far been not measurable(friends/acquaintances/networks). So the act of friending someone is can be viewed as an unit of measure and in general, events such as this are tracked by various analytics . I've worked on these sort of projects in the past and as a whole I find them to be different based on what prediction is valued.

I think this guy is ENFp. In many ways social networks have allowed us to measure what was once difficult to measure, but it has also influenced us by creating channels of communication between individuals in a relatively trustworthy fashion, among-st much larger groups.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Consenting adult, it's more than just sociology, these guys are measuring Fi and Fe in a new and different way.
    I've watched the whole video, and trust me, it's sociology.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's something there, though, something that's going to be worth studying, and big too.

I can't seem to be able to put my finger on what.

Social networks, the way they form and morph almost seem like geographic landscapes.

ILE

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Blaze ,
    I often wonder how similar our social networking is to how the brain processes info.
    You've got the process of passing on info, making, strengthening, weakening connections/paths of info flow, and so on. Kinda as if we were similar to neurons in a self-organizing 'brain' that's maybe still schizophrenic or such.

When I think this way, I'm inevitably led to wondering if I'm helping...or harming...this 'brain'.

Whatever is going on, I do think studying one will lead to insights of the other.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp