Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What about SEI/ISFp Enneagram Type 8?

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What about SEI/ISFp Enneagram Type 8?

Would that seem strange?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Would that seem strange?
    Ask Gilly/Jadae/Ashton. Nothing is impossible. Nothing is forever and forever is nothing.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

inb4 thats ridic

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

ugh absurd you ruined it

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all this because he won chess

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no. just no.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well what if one feels it's the only possible way to mangle themselves into anything

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thread lock, plz.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creepy-pokeball

I saw one once, but I cannot recall when/where/what/etc. If they exist, theyre super rare. ISTp 8's are less rare, of course.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kassie View Post
    ugh absurd you ruined it
    How so?

all this because he won chess
    I didn't, not my cup of tea.

Correlating Etypes to sociotypes can be a bit tricky for the sole fact one is comprised of 9 and the other of 16. I've seen people on here focusing more on Etypes than on socionics intertype relations or whatever it is called, to get their point across, as in, literally giving more importance to the former than the latter. It's fine with me.

Problems arise when you actually decide to roll with it, still wanting to marry them both together which means that, for utmost compatibility you're looking for an E4 ILE. What follows is, you're going to have to(?) post a thread inquiring about ILEs, specifically, E4 ILEs.

All in all. Enneagram stuff says E8 is quite an extraverted type, at least when it was tried to pin down a correlation between Etypes and MBTI.

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been mistaken for both SEI and E8, so surely it's possible. Hah.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

honest answer: whatever works, shrug

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt it, maybe an 9w8 sx could come off like that.. or e8 2nd/ 3rd place in the tritype.

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    How so?

I didn't, not my cup of tea.

Correlating Etypes to sociotypes can be a bit tricky for the sole fact one is comprised of 9 and the other of 16. I've seen people on here focusing more on Etypes than on socionics intertype relations or whatever it is called, to get their point across, as in, literally giving more importance to the former than the latter. It's fine with me.

Problems arise when you actually decide to roll with it, still wanting to marry them both together which means that, for utmost compatibility you're looking for an E4 ILE. What follows is, you're going to have to(?) post a thread inquiring about ILEs, specifically, E4 ILEs.

All in all. Enneagram stuff says E8 is quite an extraverted type, at least when it was tried to pin down a correlation between Etypes and MBTI.
    Close. E8s are a highly externalized type -- not specifically extroverted. 7's are the positivist extroverts. Theyre like pure sugar in your veins.

I think some of us focus more on Enneatypes because we are simply bored. Some of us should seriously be retired and shot, lol.

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah i've seen some SEI 8s. They are more introverted, peaceful type of 8s, not as aggressive as others because of their Si. Like this guy who reminds me of stalin (who could have been an 8) a little bit, dunno why he just does..

and this guy..

I can just feel the anger resonating from this picture alone...its so intense, too intense that I hesistated even putting the picture up because it might offend certain people because of his energy. Its almost like hes mocking you with his expression. But at the same time...there is some sort of..."innocence" and calm surrounding him. Very intriguinging.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

INTENSE

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah you can feel it right?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

not really. maybe in a sad kind of way.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2w1, 2w3, 3w2, 3w4, 6w5, 6w7, 7w6, 9w8...all types more likely for an SEI than 8 that could potentially have similar features.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would that seem strange?
    Yes.

I see E8 as generally EXXj + ESXp. SEIs are usually 4, 6, and 9, sometimes 3. Maybe 2?

Creepy-pokeball

Michael Posner is an ISFp 3. It is quite a contrast when an assertive triad has an ISFp or INFj. Generally, I see more ISFp 6w5 than ISFp 6w7. Si is such an antithesis to the nature of a 7. I imagine an ISFp 8w9, although likely very rare, would be more likely than an ISFp 8w7.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is Si antithetical to escapism? I agree that there are probably more Se ego 7s than anything else, but there are also a lot of Ne ego 7s.

Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae View Post
    Close. E8s are a highly externalized type -- not specifically extroverted.
    Not quite convinced about that but hey, you're the dinosaur apparently.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can just feel the anger resonating from this picture alone...its so intense, too intense that I hesistated even putting the picture up because it might offend certain people because of his energy.
    lol? I think he looks like someone's garden gnome come to life. That's not quite it. But if that's an SEI 8 well I suppose he must be quite unique... one of the few of this rare breed.

Oh, I don't know anymore.

Creepy-pokeball

Not quite convinced about that but hey, you're the dinosaur apparently.
    Are you always an asshole for no reason?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Are you always an asshole for no reason?
    Looks like I am: asshole

Creepy-pokeball

Why are you here? Further, seriously learn to say what you mean. Implicit pot shots from the peanut gallery are really, really lame and are horrible way to communicate and learn. Do you even like being here? From what I can tell, you could care less about anyone other than yourself, and you seem to not even like yourself. However, how would I know since you do not seem to want to be sincere?

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why are you here? Further, seriously learn to say what you mean. Implicit pot shots from the peanut gallery are really, really lame and are horrible way to communicate and learn. Do you even like being here? From what I can tell, you could care less about anyone other than yourself, and you seem to not even like yourself. However, how would I know since you do not seem to want to be sincere?
    Here are his "Absurd" pics. His face asserts his self-hate.

http://img4.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=dsc02059u.jpg

He is not LSE - he is ESI - your benifactor. What you get from him is Fi negativity + an odd surreal Ni sense of humor. I do not dislike him too much, but he can only assert the negative, which gets old.
    Last edited by Saberstorm; 04-04-2012 at 08:38 PM.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    Here are his pics. His face asserts his self-hate.

[IMG]Pix1[/IMG]

[IMG]Pix2[/IMG]

http://img4.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=dsc02059u.jpg

He is not LSE - he is ESI - your benifactor. What you get from him is Fi negativity + an odd surreal Ni sense of humor. I do not dislike him too much, but he can only assert the negative, which gets old.
    I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt and prove everyone wrong, but I really just do not have the patience or any further energy. It definitely does get old. I do not particularly dislike him, either, but I question if this is the right place for him. It seems to be both negative to the forum and negative to himself.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hahah. I sure know where you got this from. Must be same person as the one I think it is. Game on.

I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt and prove everyone wrong, but I really just do not have the patience or any further energy. It definitely does get old. I do not particularly dislike him, either, but I question if this is the right place for him. It seems to be both negative to the forum and negative to himself.
    Ahh yes, here we go again. I don't "like" you nor did "like" you. Same goes for any of your quadra mates, Sabercunt, included. "Hey look, I'm holding a gun, I'm ILI by Reinin."

I do question your dinosaur status, the same you wanted me to refer when talking with you. Besides, you sound just the same as that freak who wanted to type me LSI, SEE, ESI and SLE. So, what is going to be? War or war?
    Last edited by Absurd; 04-04-2012 at 09:22 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is all very interesting.

They [instinctive triad] think that all significant problems lie outside themselves in the environment, which they attempt either to dominate (Eights), find union with (Nines), or improve (Ones).
    This reminds me of someone I had to work with long ago. This person was I felt usually asking me to do unreasonable, pointless & time-wasting things; always getting in my space; and was rather aggressive in her need for some kind of "I help you, now you help me" exchange (I think it was how she connected to others and so my not cooperating probably just made her try harder). I had the most difficult time trying to assert myself around her, in part because I would get upset that she seemed unable to comprehend my point of view--no amount of talking would change anything was rather the view I had eventually. When I'm frustrated like this I often get on the verge of tears and this makes me unable to talk until I can get rid of the excess emotion and so I usually feel rendered speechless and trying not to go a certain way emotionally in a context where it's rather inappropriate and not a good time (if this weren't at work, it would be easier).

My preference (after I decided there was no point in trying to mend things--we were just too different) was to avoid her as much as possible and minimize areas where we would end up intersecting. I felt this was the only way (long-term) to solve my problem. Some others had gotten on her case for how she treated me and this would temporarily get her to back off, but as long as things were arranged a certain way in terms of duties and how they were perceived, the problem would continue. So I rather got the help of my supervisor (who I knew was on my side) by rather hinting at problems and ways that things could change that just happened to separate our areas a little more so as to minimize my necessary contact with the one I had a problem with (although I didn't say that was my primary goal--but it did go well with my other goals to not be involved in her busy body, time-wasting activities as that meant two people were wasting their time rather than just one). I essentially used one person as a road block to protect me from another and it freed me to carry on my work in peace. This is the kind of crap that I may do in some of these situations

Anyway this was all very much about my space. I loathe situations where people are in my space and I'm upset about them and yes, sometimes I'm not sure where the boundaries of "my space" are. I just expect people to not trample through them out of common decency or something. I mean I usually am thinking about questions of am I going too far or not far enough, and I'm bad at knowing sometimes, but I am at least considering it. But I don't mean to imply that I'm always an unassertive person. I feel like I'm more assertive with my family and then I wonder if I'm being too assertive.

These all sound like Nine issues to me. However, to actually be concerned enough to use one person as a roadblock as I said above, to me hints at trying to in some sense "dominate my environment" although for me what I usually want is protection from the demands and intrusions of others (I like my job set up so that I'm safe to do my work without having to worry about others... I can transition into liking to work with others if we actually work well together and I begin to like them). I feel ambiguous about whether or not I care that I struggle with self-assertiveness in some situations. I think I'm bothered by both my assertiveness and non-assertiveness. I'm probably also afraid of being aggressive because I don't want to be aggressive--it's like some sort of social role ingrained or something. I prefer to be the "passive one" and so if it seems that a total role reversal can actually be pulled off, then what is rising out of me. So that's when I wonder about being an incredibly repressed Eight. Because all of these paragraphs do speak to some kind of boundary awareness and intentionality.

Maybe wanting to be the "passive one" is itself Nine-ish. The "passive one" can merge with all the others.

Creepy-pokeball

Hahah. I sure know where you got this from. Must be same person as the one I think it is. Game on.

Ahh yes, here we go again. I don't "like" you nor did "like" you. Same goes for any of your quadra mates, Sabercunt, included. "Hey look, I'm holding a gun, I'm ILI by Reinin."

I do question your dinosaur status, the same you wanted me to refer when talking with you. Besides, you sound just the same as that freak who wanted to type me LSI, SEE, ESI and SLE. So, what is going to be? War or war?
    I never choose false dichotomies, but your showing of any sentiments is a nice change.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I never choose false dichotomies, but your showing of any sentiments is a nice change.
    I don't know what you're talking about at all. I can't even follow your thought process, I mean it breaks off after one sentence you scribble. It's like there's a rift between us. You shouting something I can't even hear. I'm sure it is mutual.

It has nothing to do with any kind of sentiments. I'm not sentimental at all but I do have preferences, pretty strong ones. That said, I do not go by "like" or "dislike". Simply put, I don't pay any attention to it so you can shove that "I don't dislike you" up yer arse and fiddle that tune to someone else. Someone who's actually going to give a toss thinking he has done something wrong and change to your liking. I'm not a sycophant.

As for this disagreement or whatever you want to call it I just posted an E8 description where I read that "Eights correspond to the extroverted intuitive type in the Jungian typology." This means Loki is:

a) extroverted,

b) not the type she thinks she is, both Etype and sociotype,

c) source is completely unreliable not to mention useless so it is not required nor customary for her to even bother with it.

or

a) you're an unreasonable cunt,

b) you can read but you don't know what you read,

c) you're a cry baby getting your panties in a twist crying "asshole" here, "asshole" there.

A+B+C = Fuck off.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Jadae

Absurd is LSE. And btw almost all of them speak in riddles on the internet. No idea why but their writings tend to be very cryptic.

But anyway, he commented on your "old and retired" comment by making a dinosaur reference. It's a joke. Don't take things he says personally. Seriously, half of the time I feel like he is high lol. I'm even embarrassed that I had to break this down to you.

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    @Jadae

Absurd is LSE. And btw almost all of them speak in riddles on the internet. No idea why but their writings tend to be very cryptic.

But anyway, he commented on your "old and retired" comment by making a dinosaur reference. It's a joke. Don't take things he says personally. Seriously, half of the time I feel like he is high lol. I'm even embarrassed that I had to break this down to you.
    I understood that. It was what has been prior that is not spoken.

Creepy-pokeball

I don't know what you're talking about at all. I can't even follow your thought process, I mean it breaks off after one sentence you scribble. It's like there's a rift between us. You shouting something I can't even hear. I'm sure it is mutual.

It has nothing to do with any kind of sentiments. I'm not sentimental at all but I do have preferences, pretty strong ones. That said, I do not go by "like" or "dislike". Simply put, I don't pay any attention to it so you can shove that "I don't dislike you" up yer arse and fiddle that tune to someone else. Someone who's actually going to give a toss thinking he has done something wrong and change to your liking. I'm not a sycophant.

As for this disagreement or whatever you want to call it I just posted an E8 description where I read that "Eights correspond to the extroverted intuitive type in the Jungian typology." This means Loki is:

a) extroverted,

b) not the type she thinks she is, both Etype and sociotype,

c) source is completely unreliable not to mention useless so it is not required nor customary for her to even bother with it.

or

a) you're an unreasonable cunt,

b) you can read but you don't know what you read,

c) you're a cry baby getting your panties in a twist crying "asshole" here, "asshole" there.

A+B+C = Fuck off.
    D1. I never paid any attention to Loki. I do not know why you are so up in arms about making sure everything converges into a singular consistantcy.

D2. You are taking my judgements way out of context, which seems to imply that you have some hidden translation of them. The entire context and limit of those specific judgements hinge on the idea that I cannot possibly know someone well online. Assuming that my limited contact per person online creates a whole image would be wrong to do.

D3. E8 is not specifically extroverted, which was the entire point until you decided to be a cunt to yet another person, which happened to be this time.

D4. The relation between my sentences usually imply more than the sentences themselves. That is the way in which I think, which I doubt you will like since I am only consistant with values I think are crucial.

D5. You never answered my original questions.

Creepy-pokeball

re: ESTj vs. ISFj.

I do not know what he is. I try not to think too far into people I interact with. I try to limit myself to those on TV and movies. It is not that I am capable, but it is that I actively dislike doing it. It ruins any sincere feelings and thought about another, and I do not want to destroy that sort of interaction of sincerity from myself or the other person. I wish I had not done so in previous time.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

re: ESTj vs. ISFj.

I do not know what he is. I try not to think too far into people I interact with. I try to limit myself to those on TV and movies. It is not that I am capable, but it is that I actively dislike doing it. It ruins any sincere feelings and thought about another, and I do not want to destroy that sort of interaction of sincerity from myself or the other person. I wish I had not done so in previous time.
    For real...

Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

D1. I never paid any attention to Loki. I do not know why you are so up in arms about making sure everything converges into a singular consistantcy.
    Neither did I and I think you have me mixed up with someone else yet again.

D3. E8 is not specifically extroverted, which was the entire point until you decided to be a cunt to yet another person, which happened to be this time.
    And that's exactly what I was aiming at. Descriptions are rubbish, bollocks and bunk. What am I saying is, taking any description as an objective measure used in comparison between what is examined and the person taking the exam, fails miserably. Example is this very thread. And if what I'm saying is correct, then I don't know how any of us are actually able to state that this or that type is the one and the only one that fits the bill, ergo it's all pretty subjective to begin with. Prone to interpretation ad infinitum, which explains those numerous 'type-me' threads where dinosaurs, excuse me, old members re-discover themselves talking in length and in depth about enneagram and socionics, just to arrive at nothing or their previous self-typing. Cycle continues, forum draws "fresh" blood, some drama here, some drama there, and it withers and dies. Cycle continues.

I don't have any qualms with you saying that E8 is externalised or not specifically extroverted. Just contrasted what you have been claiming with what has been written in that description I linked. You're not arguing with me, you're arguing with the author of that description even though you can't see it.

As for you whining again that I use foul language because it is what this boils down to, hey I don't consider what I am about to say before I open my mouth to speak and just blurt out the first thing that comes to my mind. I don't censor myself nor intend to. You've got a problem with that, join IRC or socionix for pleasantries, and a tea party.

D5. You never answered my original questions.
    I think I did.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast