Thread: question

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default question

Is this image copyrighted? May I replicate it and use it if I need to?

Last edited by Beautiful sky; 03-24-2012 at 03:22 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

it's copyrighted.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Thanks M. Now is it?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maritsa are you fucking nuts, you could go to jail for copying that. put it out of your head!!

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa you can't just take whatever image you want. It's a big deal.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I know that, that's why I'm asking. So, is it a copyrighted image or not?
    -

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I know that, that's why I'm asking. So, is it a copyrighted image or not?
    yes it is

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Who do I need to contact for permission to use it?
    -

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Contact a user here by the name of mercutio. You can find his info here http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...p/147-mercutio

Creepy-bg

Since seeing this thread a half hour ago I have been tossing and turning, unable to sleep. I am sorry Maritsa, but my conscious cannot let me simply overlook this thread. I have just reported your post to the FBI for copyright violation. I have been informed that Agent Smith from the California FBI will be getting in touch with you shortly.

Image Piracy is no joke. I hope that you will be able to learn from this and will no longer copy images.
    Last edited by bg; 03-24-2012 at 06:07 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bionicgerbil View Post
    Since seeing this thread a few hours ago I have been tossing and turning, unable to sleep. I am sorry Maritsa, but my conscious cannot let me simply overlook this thread. I have just reported your post to the FBI for copyright violation. I have been informed that Agent Smith from the California FBI will be getting in touch with you shortly. Image Piracy is no joke. I hope that you will be able to learn from this and will no longer copy images.
    LOL, this image is on this forum and I'm using it on the forum, not independently. I want to use it independently from the forum so I need to ask who I can get permission from to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Contact a user here by the name of mercutio. You can find his info here http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...p/147-mercutio
    Are you serious?
    -

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh mercutio is here right now. You should ask him, and please don't just post copyright images wherever you feel like from now on, thanks.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    yes it is
    You made the image? Why didn't you say?
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even I don't steal peoples copyrighted pictures.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Picking at me. Why don't you guys give it a rest?
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sorry maritsa

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What's that? I mean, it looks like an electronic circuit.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa I am somewhat disappointed in you now to be honest. Before you weren't posting a copyrighted image and everything was fine, no complaints in the way you do things. But still you haven't even taken the picture down yet or apologize to him. It's gone just a bit too far and I hope you learn your lesson from what BG is doing.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My question's been answered. Thanks everyone.
    -

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, thank you, for enlightening us about how you really are.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Poli, stop being a poker!
    -

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One day the internet is going to be shut off an then what, you just decide to steal someone's art? Something they worked hard at? This is not a game.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

One day the internet is going to be shut off an then what, you just decide to steal someone's art? Something they worked hard at? This is not a game.
    LOL I asked for who to contact to get permission to use it!!! I love the drama though
    -

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know what's going to happen, maritsa. Letting whoever know I had nothing to do with this.
    Last edited by bg; 03-24-2012 at 06:07 PM.

Creepy-bg

you guys should stop making jokes about this thread. I have been told that Maritsa may be facing fines of up to $50,000 for her posting of a copyright image.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Rofl

Bionic, seriously, I don't think you can mention an FBI crime like that without having it be a serious allegation. You should probably remove that warning popping up.
    -

Creepy-pokeball

you guys are dicks lol

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No they are not; they are just not that supportive in other people's efforts. There are worse ass holes in the world, I don't think they've made it there, exactly.
    -

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No they are not; they are just not that supportive in other people's efforts. There are worse ass holes in the world, I don't think they've made it there, exactly.
    But I told you exactly what you asked and gave you his contact, but you still didn't get proper authority for it or delete it.

BG I would just do us the favor and delete it before it becomes a bigger issue.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

But I told you exactly what you asked and gave you his contact, but you still didn't get proper authority for it or delete it.

He contacted me first.
    -

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...This is not funny.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright but that should have been done before even posting it, we wouldn't have gone through this whole issue. Anyway, glad you did take care of it and you let us know. I didn't want to see it escalate into a bigger problem and have you get in more trouble.

Creepy-bg

Unfortunately that would be tampering with evidence and obstructing an ongoing California FBI image copyright infringement investigation. I'm afraid that it is no longer in my hands.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG Maritsa, what did you do? You can't just post something like that. I hope you'll have internet in jail so you can visit the forum now and then.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt maritsa will be informed or be in any serious trouble, but they might take a look at her history. The least that will happen is it will probably go on their record and they'll watch her status for a while.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You guys don't have any knowledge of law do you?

http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.html

I asked for permission to use it and when someone said it is copyrighted and that I didn't have a permission, I didn't use it.

here are the guidelines of the law:

The purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes
    The nature of the copyrighted work
    The amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole
    The effect of the use upon the potential market for, or value of, the copyrighted work

By reposting that image back on to the forum I have not violated any of the above determinations of the law.
    -

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I created this image, therefore I hereby allow Maritsa to do with it whatever she damn well pleases.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys don't have any knowledge of law do you?

http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.html

I asked for permission to use it and when someone said it is copyrighted and that I didn't have a permission, I didn't use it.

here are the guidelines of the law:

The purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes
    The nature of the copyrighted work
    The amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole
    The effect of the use upon the potential market for, or value of, the copyrighted work

By reposting that image back on to the forum I have not violated any of the above determinations of the law.
    Maritsa, you're aware the internet is world-wide, right? There's a whole set of law agreements that you read and date when you obtain your ISP (internet service provider.)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

That picture looks worthless to me. Anyone can draw dots and dotted lines and numbers and arrows. I could ask a third grader to make you one of those.

I got a message saying the California FBI was watching this page, too. Hey, California FBI! I'm not a Californian! You have no power over me!

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast