• SLI

2 11.76%

Thread: Well, what do you think?

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Question Well, what do you think?

Alright, I'm bored. It's been a while. That's right, it's this thread again. Let's do this.

]
    Last edited by Capitalist Pig; 03-24-2012 at 02:13 AM.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

hurry now for your chance to get in on the ground floor of a legendary thread!!!!!!!!

ps. first post in a legendary thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    LSE
    SERIUS VOTES ONLY PLZ

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

omg your smile looks painful

IxTx

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks still ILI to me.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u look like a really nice guy!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Have you been tortured?

Creepy-male

If I saw someone walking around like that and hadn't talked to them I'd think Delta ST

Gamma NT isn't a bad option either... it's interesting because Delta ST can lean more towards Alpha NT or Gamma NT... I'd say in VI you lean more towards the Gamma NT.... so kind of a Gamma/Delta Thinker impression I get.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    If I saw someone walking around like that and hadn't talked to them I'd think Delta ST

Gamma NT isn't a bad option either... it's interesting because Delta ST can lean more towards Alpha NT or Gamma NT... I'd say in VI you lean more towards the Gamma NT.... so kind of a Gamma/Delta Thinker impression I get.
    I haven't noticed that at all. Well gamma NT yes, as a whole package. Otherwise, I feel like Delta ST can lean towards Beta ST or alpha SF (definitely not NT) from a VI standpoint.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An ILI I know of. does that forced smile thing as a joke.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol. Clear logical type. Lol. I'm a feeler type and my eyes go squinty when I smile. I have a full, encompassing smile!

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalist Pig View Post
    SERIUS VOTES ONLY PLZ
    EII? you look humanitarian or smth

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    EII? you look humanitarian or smth
    Like Maritsa?

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I haven't noticed that at all. Well gamma NT yes, as a whole package. Otherwise, I feel like Delta ST can lean towards Beta ST or alpha SF (definitely not NT) from a VI standpoint.
    This is part of my own formulation of socionics. When I was into MBTI I liked to explore dichotomy shift, that is I->E and E->I for introversion and extroversion -- think of it like a state shift in physics or chemistry. Since there are four dichotomies there are 8 state shifts, so there are eight pseudo-types a person can shift towards from their own natural centering -- think of it like a ground state in quantum physics.

If we were to apply a similar system in socionics we can see the Intuitive -- Sensing shifts would move a person to one of their neighboring quadras. So an ESTj would become and ENTj and shift to gamma and an ISTp would become an INTp. When a delta ST makes a Feeling -- Thinking shift they become Alpha SF. Etc etc etc

I guess I considered alpha NT since I was thinking about Club shifts versus dichotomy shifts......

In fact we could have

Temperament Shifts
    Dichotomy Shifts
    Functional Shifts
    - function changes within same block
    - function moves to another block
    Quadra Shifts

It's very interesting.....

personality tetris

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    This is part of my own formulation of socionics. When I was into MBTI I liked to explore dichotomy shift, that is I->E and E->I for introversion and extroversion -- think of it like a state shift in physics or chemistry. Since there are four dichotomies there are 8 state shifts, so there are eight pseudo-types a person can shift towards from their own natural centering -- think of it like a ground state in quantum physics.

If we were to apply a similar system in socionics we can see the Intuitive -- Sensing shifts would move a person to one of their neighboring quadras. So an ESTj would become and ENTj and shift to gamma and an ISTp would become an INTp. When a delta ST makes a Feeling -- Thinking shift they become Alpha SF. Etc etc etc

I guess I considered alpha NT since I was thinking about Club shifts versus dichotomy shifts......

In fact we could have

Temperament Shifts
    Dichotomy Shifts
    Functional Shifts
    - function changes within same block
    - function moves to another block
    Quadra Shifts

It's very interesting.....

personality tetris
    Yeah exactly. I do think that ESTj <-> ENTj and ESTj <-> ESFj can be a frequent typing dilemma. For ENTj/ESTj I think of it more in socionic terms where Te, being dominant, is most visible, so to someone who focuses a lot on Te or for some reason needs the Te help much more in a given situation might recognize the Te the most and thus be fuzzy on the distinguishing features that come from the creative function that the particular Te-dom person may not have displayed much of, or is displaying it but is the nonvalued/ignored function of the other person, in which case it wont be perceptible.

For ESTj/ESFj, they have the same creative, the same POLR, and the same HA, which makes them appear pretty similar sometimes (not always). I guess it would be a situation where Fe-valuing vs Fi-valuing would need to be distinguished, because ESTj's can be pretty outgoing and ESFj's can be pretty in control of how they display emotion, especially in business environments, so i've found that ESTj's can sometimes seem superficially Fe/merry (e.g. Craig M from the Bachelor/Bachelor Pad) and ESFj's can sometimes seem subdued and "serious" (e.g. George Stephanopoulos).

For ISTp vs INTp, i definitely wonder if I can distinguish the two. I can definitely see how they might seem similar. I'm not confident about it and am constantly trying to figure out how to better recognize ILIs and the differences between the two. One reason might be my lack of good understanding of Ni. I guess i just have to rely on INTp's not liking my Ne-generated thoughts to tell me that.

Creepy-male

Interesting this would be a good thing to write down, although I'd argue it's useful for more than simply clarifying typing dilemma but to understand a more kinetic concept of personality.

See in physics you have elements or atom's that exist, this could analogously be like the "type".... yet these elements can exist in multiple states. So I'm considering a type which exists in multiple states.

In physics an element has a ground state which is the most stable state, the more energy it looses it must go back to this stable state the way a ball in a valley will roll to the bottom and achieve a stability, or the way a planet will achieve stability in an orbit around another solar body.

This stable state we could call a "true type" their ground state...

When an element absorbs energy it becomes excited and moves to a different state, likewise when a person absorbs a particular characteristic form of psychological energy they enter an excited state psychologically which is different than their ground state.

Consider say introversion and extroversion, this dichotomy. When a natural introvert begins loosing energy they seek to withdrawl, this withdrawl allows them to absorb a particular type of psychological energy, which then places them in an excited to be around people, thus making a pseudo-shift to extrovert until they radiate out their energy and collapse back to their ground state.

The natural extrovert is the opposite. Their natural state is around others, which allows them to absorb energy, which then places them in an excited state to be by themselves, thus making a pseudo-shift to introvert until they radiate out their energy and collapse back to their ground state.

Everyone has a different psychological rhythm as well better attuned to various types of fluctuations in these energies.

I think exploring the way two types of fluctuations in energy ressonate would be a much more enlightening version of duality and intertype relationships.

But for now I'll have to write this down, make it exhaustive etc.....

you would also have various forms of stability -- so in effect a sort of chaotic system would arise much like the planets around the solar system, a potentially accurate concept considering the fact that neurons in human beings resemble the structure of multigalaxy systems

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a weird way, you remind me of Peter Dinklage.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dunno what an ILI is supposed to look like but you've got Cro-Magnon orbital ridges and 3'-deep eye sockets like me.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    omg your smile looks painful
    Lol, it's just something goofy I do so I don't feel like an idiot for not smiling.

It still doesn't even touch Timmy's smile. Holy shit that dude's grin creeps me out.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your VI reminds me of a member on here: timmy/charlie, esp the first, third and fifth picture there, but overall looks Te ILI to me. I type him Te ILI too nonetheless.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalist Pig View Post
    Lol, it's just something goofy I do so I don't feel like an idiot for not smiling.

It still doesn't even touch Timmy's smile. Holy shit that dude's grin creeps me out.
    Timmy is so IEI, lol.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SLI
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I type you ESI, I voted LSI based on VI and on the whole pictures put together.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    Dunno what an ILI is supposed to look like but you've got Cro-Magnon orbital ridges and 3'-deep eye sockets like me.
    You sound like Maritsa and I was beginning to actually read what you produce.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Your joke votes do not amuse serious bear.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Well, this thread is disappointing.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI... My main reasoning is that I have a good friend who resembles you in facial expression, facial features, behavior, and speech.

Based purely on static V.I., you seem most comfortable with a serious/subdued expression, which points towards a Thinking type and introversion. Smiling is ironic/sarcastic, which points towards INT misanthropy and detachment (not that you are on average misanthropic). Based on the settings, you chose pictures where you were dressed formally. Why? If it was based on how you wanted to portray yourself (not because you only had work pictures available, for instance), I'd say it points towards Te: Implications of your place/value in the external order of the world.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Well, it was partly the availability of photos. I don't really like taking pictures, I don't find myslf to be very photogenic. But I also haven't really thought to take any where I am dressed more casually. Though some people would probably still consider my sense of "casual" as leaning more toward "semi-formal."

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

form pics I can say that you have that Fe-PoLR smile that my ILI friend also has

my 'golden standard' of Fe-PoLR smiles is this guy, though most people on russian forums type him as LIE, since he's a billionaire and in russian socionics only LIEs can make money, but I type him as Si-SLI - his face looks very strained every time that he attempts to smile in a way that looks similar to ILI smiles

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxi View Post
    Timmy is so IEI, lol.
    one of those rare IEIs of competency triad, a 3w4, probably why so many think he is a 'serious' quadra though I must admit IEI 3w4s make for excellent methods actors who can make others believe just about anything

A man chooses, a slave obeys MensSuperMateriam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Capitalist Pig, I was googling "the16types peter dinklage", and after changing to image search I found several pictures of the same guy that caught my attention. I selected one of them, went to te corresponding page, and I found myself here . I guess muneroni's post was the cause of this.

Interesting that some users said you V.I. as delta, as some pople did the same about me in my type-me thread (still I think you're an ILI and I have my type unfixed). Another coincidence: Korp mentioned what he described as noticeable orbital ridges, and the same happens to me. But I do not know if this qualifier is appropiate, because afaik such concept refers to noticeable curvature in the craneal bone above the eyes.

The same way as me, your forehead is still mainly flat and more or less in paralell with the face, even if it goes "outside". People with strict supraorbital arcs tend to have a sort of curved backwards forehead (although not always), and the bone portion above eyes is protruding, which is not the case.

There are some people here who have studied Biology. Maybe someone could confirm if this still fits under the same concept or it's a different fenotype caused by different genes.
    I'm curious.

@Kim?

Last edited by MensSuperMateriam; 09-06-2014 at 02:13 PM.