Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello everyone WHAT's YOUR TYPE? and nice to meet you!

TIM
    SEE - Se. ESFP. 7w8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Hello everyone. WHAT's YOUR TYPE? and nice to meet you!

Hey Y'all. I'm an ESFP, Socionics SEE, Enneagram 7w8.

how's everyone doing?

All hail the online internet revolution!

And what a quiet revolution it is.

Last I checked on these forums, which was years ago, there were not many SEEs around these grounds. I'm wonderin' if the SEE count has risen at all...

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

hi

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pengproductions View Post
    Last I checked on these forums, which was years ago, there were not many SEEs around these grounds. I'm wonderin' if the SEE count has risen at all...
    You'll find a few who self-type SEE but probably not more than three or four who are confirmed SEE. Unless, of course, you ask maritsa, in which case 3/4 of the forum's female population is SEE. I considered believing this myself so I could easily pick up a female dual from off the forum, but alas, it turns out I never actually acted on this arcane knowledge...

TIM
    SEE - Se. ESFP. 7w8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey Anglas. did you know, that if you are an ENTJ, then you are definitely not an Enneagram 7w8? you are most likely a 3w4. or the other way around. if you are a 7w8, then you are most likely a ESFP -Sensing Subtype. Correlations do exist between all the schools of thought.

by the way, Nice cartoon eye. It suits you well.

TIM
    SEE - Se. ESFP. 7w8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nil View Post
    You'll find a few who self-type SEE but probably not more than three or four who are confirmed SEE. Unless, of course, you ask maritsa, in which case 3/4 of the forum's female population is SEE. I considered believing this myself so I could easily pick up a female dual from off the forum, but alas, it turns out I never actually acted on this arcane knowledge...
    haha, so wait, you are an ILI then, nil?

and who's Maritsa?
    I highly doubt 3/4 of the forum population is SEE. that is 96% impossible.

well either way I am a confirmed Male SEE, and I do know Female SEEs. and I see people of all types everywhere all the time, everyday. (because I type really quickly, at this point, in my typing career)

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

As you can see 3w4 is plausible too. And yeah some of members here typed me as SEE

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm male ILI.

TIM
    SEE - Se. ESFP. 7w8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anglas View Post

As you can see 3w4 is plausible too. And yeah some of members here typed me as SEE
    but I think, based on your general energy level (in reading your text,) you're more likely too chilled out to be an SEE.
    also, you don't type a lot, so it's more likely you're a 3 or somethin'.

TIM
    SEE - Se. ESFP. 7w8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    I'm male ILI.
    Hello Male ILI. I am Male SEE.

howdy doo pardner

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

hi! you already remind me of woofwoofl a little bit, the HIGH ENERGY lol. he and dolphin are the forum SEEs i know otoh. you can call me ESI but i just kind of hang around here for some of the people and i'm not so into socionics anymore. welcome o/

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hello Male ILI. I am Male SEE.

howdy doo pardner
    Fine.

TIM
    SEE - Se. ESFP. 7w8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kassie View Post
    hi! you already remind me of woofwoofl a little bit, the HIGH ENERGY lol. he and dolphin are the forum SEEs i know otoh. you can call me ESI but i just kind of hang around here for some of the people and i'm not so into socionics anymore. welcome o/

That's cool. I love lurkin' around internet forums. it's the new cool place to be. like "Night Clubs of the FUTURE"

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

haha, so wait, you are an ILI then, nil?

and who's Maritsa?
    I highly doubt 3/4 of the forum population is SEE. that is 96% impossible.

well either way I am a confirmed Male SEE, and I do know Female SEEs. and I see people of all types everywhere all the time, everyday. (because I type really quickly, at this point, in my typing career)
    96%, eh? Interesting number. But you are nonetheless correct in your estimation that no significant percentage of the female population is SEE, as far as I can tell. maritsa is one of those people you may read all you want but you can never take seriously.

You have very high libidinal energy. A lot of presence. SEE isn't bad. As for me, ILI-Ni seems most likely.

You claim to have done socionics for many years (something for which I can not say the same), however, I urge you to not be so limiting concerning typing. Correlations exist but they are not final. Everything is possible.

You probably know more about this than me though. Welcome to the forum. Maybe I will have to upload another video just so I can get a near-perfect VI from you.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Still not many SEEs. Just woofl and Maritsa's figments. Also, there is still no definite correlation between socionics and enneagram, and not due to not trying to find one.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey Anglas. did you know, that if you are an ENTJ, then you are definitely not an Enneagram 7w8? you are most likely a 3w4.
    Incorrect. Hello, btw

And yeah, what Anglas said.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SEE - Se. ESFP. 7w8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nil View Post
    96%, eh? Interesting number. But you are nonetheless correct in your estimation that no significant percentage of the female population is SEE, as far as I can tell. maritsa is one of those people you may read all you want but you can never take seriously.

You have very high libidinal energy. A lot of presence. SEE isn't bad. As for me, ILI-Ni seems most likely.

You claim to have done socionics for many years (something for which I can not say the same), however, I urge you to not be so limiting concerning typing. Correlations exist but they are not final. Everything is possible.

You probably know more about this than me though. Welcome to the forum. Maybe I will have to upload another video just so I can get a near-perfect VI from you.

if "everything is possible" then there's no point in even Typing people at all! the whole point of all this, and the theory, and the blah blah blah is to Narrow down all the possibilities to ONE. so we can finally categorize ourselves, and to reach deeper understanding of how and why we work the way we do. So I must say, I do disagree with the vast "unlimited possibility" in all Socionics/MBTI/Enneagram theory. It does narrow down, trust me. Everyone does. No one escapes the finalization of having a clear, defined, type (and subtype).
    It only takes someone with experience and knowledge to accurately assess, and ultimately, Help, someone else, who has lesser awareness of their own type.

sorry to get all serious on ya, but I do take all of this very seriously, even though I like to joke about Everything in life.

HIT ME WITH THE VIDEO. I WILL GUARANTEE A 100% ACCURATE TYPING.
    oh and by the way, you have a strong ILI energy already. based on our interaction. dual-material, right here.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Why does peng remind me of Yaaroslav?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    SEE - Se. ESFP. 7w8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Still not many SEEs. Just woofl and Maritsa's figments. Also, there is still no definite correlation between socionics and enneagram, and not due to not trying to find one.
    actually, I totally disagree, Abbie, and for good reason. It's just that no one has actually presented the correlations in a clear and cohesive way. (it's hard).

However, I assure you, that the correlations do exist. and they are undeniable, after lots of pondering/connection-making.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello!
    I type myself as ISTp 5w6 sp/so.
    I'm doing fine, thanks.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

actually, I totally disagree, Abbie, and for good reason. It's just that no one has actually presented the correlations in a clear and cohesive way. (it's hard).

However, I assure you, that the correlations do exist. and they are undeniable, after lots of pondering/connection-making.
    I tried. I gathered data and made a chart. The only thing I conclusively proved, besides strong frequencies of SEI 9s and LII 5s, is that any type can be a 6.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    SEE - Se. ESFP. 7w8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Incorrect. Hello, btw

And yeah, what Anglas said.
    I challenge you to a duel of THEORY!

I disagree with your disagreement!

You, also, my friend, are either NOT an ENTJ, or NOT a 7w8. as well.

trust me. I've been through this. I typed myself before as ENTJ and 3w4. only to realize later, that I was inaccurate, and that those two types are VERY VERY simliar in MANY ways. and both ENTJs and ESFPs belong to the same quadra (gamma). and both 3s and 7s have very similar (aggressive) approaches to life.

so it's almost a sure-fire way of getting confused about where your personality stands, and mistyping yourself and others! (and the idea of mistyping, REALLY REALLY irks me. it makes me very uncomfortable. inaccuracy not ok, because it leads to massive confusion, and misleading, and ultimately a lesser understanding of oneself/others. That's horrible! this whole system is supposed to help people accomplish precisely the opposite - Finding oneself, and understanding Others better!)

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

if "everything is possible" then there's no point in even Typing people at all! the whole point of all this, and the theory, and the blah blah blah is to Narrow down all the possibilities to ONE. so we can finally categorize ourselves, and to reach deeper understanding of how and why we work the way we do. So I must say, I do disagree with the vast "unlimited possibility" in all Socionics/MBTI/Enneagram theory. It does narrow down, trust me. Everyone does. No one escapes the finalization of having a clear, defined, type (and subtype).
    It only takes someone with experience and knowledge to accurately assess, and ultimately, Help, someone else, who has lesser awareness of their own type.
    I'm not saying that one can be more than one type or not have a type. That is simply not possible by the constraints of the theory itself. I'm just arguing your declaration that there are 100% correlations between, say, socionics and enneagram.

TIM
    SEE - Se. ESFP. 7w8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I tried. I gathered data and made a chart. The only thing I conclusively proved, besides strong frequencies of SEI 9s and LII 5s, is that any type can be a 6.
    I can only prove everything, if I'm talking to you in person. Which probably won't happen. I probably can be a qualified teacher of this stuff, but it's too bad I already have an occupation.
    I am far too lazy to explain all of this stuff right now, in text (typing sucks, compared to talking).

by the way, the SEI being 9, is correct, and LIIs can be 5s or 4s. and only one type can be a 6: and that is ISFJ, which is, ESI, I believe. 6s are complicated people. not many people are emotionally that complicated. (4s are also)

anyway this conversation can probably last from a morning to midnight. (not on an internet chat forum, but face to face, talking in real life)
    that's why I am too impatient to explain all of the correlations right now.

But it works really well for me, and everyone I know, in my life, that is also interested in knowing themselves, and how they work.

I find that knowing your type in Socionics, MBTI, AND enneagram, all leads to an awesomely deep understanding of yourself. kinda like a self-psychologist. or self-therapy.
    but the single most crucial requirement is that the typings are all ACCURATE! if even one of them are wrong, everything is thrown off. it's a fine balance.

I would recommend to people who are unsure, of their own accuracy, just stick to one system. one school-of-thought. pick socionics or enneagram.

not both at the same time, because you might be leading yourself into confusion! and that's sticky. it's like...failing, without knowing you're failing. Horrible. I hope no one has to go through that. (I did.)

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, socionics identical.

TIM
    SEE - Se. ESFP. 7w8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wookie View Post
    Hi, socionics identical.
    oh hey there. Me.

we're like....the same person. just in a different body. different place.

so weird.

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh hey there. Me.

we're like....the same person. just in a different body. different place.

so weird.
    ...SCIENCE!!

TIM
    SEE - Se. ESFP. 7w8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wookie View Post
    ...SCIENCE!!
    hahaha.

what next, a 17th type?

one can only imagine...

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Hmmmmm

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Se-SEE 7w6 here! Same here with the fast typing, all I have to do is look at a person and I'm almost done. I'm making a bigass list of drummers and their types, gonna lay it down once it gets nice and massive...

I went LIE at first, with a window open for SEE; upon typing a lot of LIEs and SEEs in the meantime, it's pretty obvious that I'm the latter and not the former. Had a few recent thoughts of SLE, but nope, Ti valuing just isn't working...

And hell yeah, what music you do? I used to run a really small record label, this was the last thing I recorded of other people; just set up in the living room, would have had better drum tones if the drummer would just hit the fucking things with some power... here's two vids of me and Ni-ILI 5w4 sx/sp dude, I'm on drums!
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kassie View Post

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    Se-SEE 7w6 here! Same here with the fast typing, all I have to do is look at a person and I'm almost done.
    Your Socionics typing skills are actually quite impressive. I think you type quickly and quite accurately from what I have noted of you so far.

Maybe you could start a thread explaining how you type and teach us a few pointers. I for one would appreciate that.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey Anglas. did you know, that if you are an ENTJ, then you are definitely not an Enneagram 7w8? you are most likely a 3w4. or the other way around. if you are a 7w8, then you are most likely a ESFP -Sensing Subtype. Correlations do exist between all the schools of thought.
    This is gonna be a rough landing for you.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Y'all. I'm an ESFP, Socionics SEE, Enneagram 7w8.

how's everyone doing?

All hail the online internet revolution!

And what a quiet revolution it is.

wait, are you bluehenrybob? u sound familiar...
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shayley View Post
    Your Socionics typing skills are actually quite impressive. I think you type quickly and quite accurately from what I have noted of you so far.

Maybe you could start a thread explaining how you type and teach us a few pointers. I for one would appreciate that.

I'll compose things a bit later, I think, and make a thing of it; explaining's hard as hell for me, but I'll give it ago...

Anyways, I was typing drummers one day, and k0rpsy shows up in the chatbox and tells me to look up Ed Shaughnessy. I did a Google search for vids, and found him doing this with Buddy Rich, who I have as Se-SLE:

Right off the bat, I notice a difference in how they're emoting. Buddy, after drumming, all the while focusing so hard that he looks like he's gonna burn the kit down with his focus alone, lets out a big yell to Ed and points at him simultaneously. Ed returns fire on the drums, popping his eyes out really big and puckering his mouth as if he were surprised at something in the middle of things, and starts looking at Buddy for a few seconds before he's even done.

Flags go off in my head, though I can't see them well.

Something's up.

I saw Ed's physical movements before, but carried out by someone else...

Much more obvious here what's going on here! Fe out the ass here.

http://www.socionics.us/theory/be.shtml
    http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...overted_ethics

The guy's smiling and goofing and I get the impression that he wants me to join him or he'll be let down! Why? Haha...

When I assemble all the pieces; Ed and Martin as likely Identicals, Ed's looking at Buddy for seconds before finishing up on drums as being indicative as Si valuing (which struck me as a bit condescending and insulting, and yep, the internal discordance is another thing to heap on the pile) in stark contrast to Buddy's fiery and concise point-and-yell, Martin likely having Alpha quadra values... I reference my mental catalogue of drummers; Keith Moon at Fe-SEI (amongst fellow Alphas in The Who), a local Si-ESE drummer (also amongst fellow Alphas, namely an Se-SEI and an Ne-ILE; I didn't last too long in there, the Ne-ILE wanted me to use a shit ton of tom drums and a boxing bell despite them being physically cumbersome and was obsessed with the cowbell seemingly by pure virtue of it being a "cowbell" which struck me as one of those Ne internal-statics-of-objects things, I also reference my Ne-ILE drummer who took the immobile smorgasbord approach, I think of the Genesis song I Can't Dance and The Eagles song Dirty Laundry and I look at how the music is placid yet has odd sound effects emanate from seemingly nowhere, I look at my typings of Joe Walsh as SEI, Don Henley as Ti-ILE, I stop giving a damn enough about The Eagles to complete the task)...

The pile of info I have leads me to wanting Ed as Si-ESE and Martin as Fe-ESE. The two of them just come off more EJ than IP, and more ESE than SEI... by the way, here's Fe-SEI Keith Moon's drum track alone:

I reference more drummers in my mind; I'm on a list right now, and I notices a lot more Result types than Process types. The Result types come off far more smoother in rhythm than the Process types, neither a good nor a bad thing as far as I'm concerned, though I did prefer the Te-ILI Paul Bostaph over the Ne-LII Dave Lombardo in Slayer...

Paul:

Dave:

Paul:

Dave:

Another thing I've been keeping in my mind is the usage of cymbals to punctuate a lyrical passage, or the music itself, in a way that has the drumset itself as that which transmits things along the lines of Fe (look for cymbals that are far from strictly on-the-one of the beat for this):

Dave:

Lars (who I have as Fe-ESE):

A lot of what I do in typing looks like this; accumulating massive amounts of strong and weak indicators, looking where they point, correcting everything along the way as the bulk of typings grows ever-larger and more accurate...
    Last edited by woofwoofl; 03-23-2012 at 06:21 AM. Reason: referred to the War Ensemble drum track as being from Paul when it was from Dave; it's all fixed now, everything works
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

trust me. I've been through this. I typed myself before as ENTJ and 3w4.
    Well, I never typed myself as esfp 7w8, so your conclusion does not apply : O
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    Right off the bat, I notice a difference in how they're emoting. Buddy, after drumming, all the while focusing so hard that he looks like he's gonna burn the kit down with his focus alone, lets out a big yell to Ed and points at him simultaneously. Ed returns fire on the drums, popping his eyes out really big and puckering his mouth as if he were surprised at something in the middle of things, and starts looking at Buddy for a few seconds before he's even done.

Full context with clearer video to show why Ed was visually signaling Buddy as well as the band who sat to the left of where the two drummers were duelling

And don't forget to add the power duo Clyde Stubblefield and Jabo Starks to your drummer list. http://www.drummerworld.com/Videos/Jaboandclyde.html

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yo

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Woofwoofl thanks for your response to how you type.

I was amazed that you could pick up so much about a type through how they play music by watching thier focus, energy and movements, how physically cumbersome or not they allow thier instruments to be. Also by use of musical instruments noises & adding other sounds in like the cymbols.

One of your pointers that I think I may be able to use when watching musicians is to look for thier use of Fe by taking note of how involved they seem to want me to be or make me feel like engaging with them and thier music and the way they are presenting it particularly by using instruments to produce/transmit an Fe quality) .

Another useful point which you explained is that result types come across with thier music as more smooth in rhythm than process types. This is useful to know.

So thanks for all those pointers :-)

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    wait, are you bluehenrybob? u sound familiar...
    He hasn't gotten into his sexual expertise yet, though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast