Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm probably not SLE

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I'm probably not SLE

I think that SEE makes somewhat more sense than SLE however I acknowledge that the distinction between the two, with regards to me personally, is a somewhat fine line. For example I wouldn't think someone was a complete idiot if I was typed as either compared to someone typing me as EII or LII. Sorry to anyone I argued into submission, there were a few of you. I would like to discuss this if anyone wants to make a case for one over the other.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...685-Advice-.02
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...t-em-I-want-em
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe. But what makes you think SEE?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    Maybe. But what makes you think SEE?
    Well I'll avoid using socionics so I don't say unhelpful things like "I value Fi more than Fe". Since that really doesn't inform your oppinion so much as assert mine.

I think I take a deciedly people oriented approach to solving my problems when sheer effort isn't enough. My general resposne to any difficulty is some form of "try harder". However failing that I think that my way of dealing with and succeeding in school is teliing. I don't do well through knowledge of the material, if I want a good grade I don't study harder, instead I befriend my professors and as I grow to respect them as individuals what they say in class becomes more interesting and easier for me to retain.

I think that I'm far worse at explaining the why behind things than would be indicative of a Ti creative. I often find myself in situations where I think things will work out in my favor but can't explain why I think that or what's going to occur to make it happen, just that it will.

One arguement that seems to come up time and time again when people try to type me after meeting me in person (hotelambush and khameleon in canada) or seeing me preform (a few people who have watched my stand-up on this site) is that I seem to be fairly adept at Fe. In the case of the former they actually thought to type me as EIE or IEI intially, which of course is laughable but the reasoning behind their thinking is decidedly not. I think I do posses an ability to affect the emotional environment around me in a way that I desire, which I relate to strong but unvlaued Fe. I think the unvaluved portion is evident in that I almost never care to describe myself or represent myself in a way that seems like Fe is something I care about or am good at but am anyway.
    Easy Day

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    For example I wouldn't think someone was a complete idiot if I was typed as either compared to someone typing me as EII or LII.
    Wait till you get typed all 16.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay. I will say this however. And this is just something to think about. I know two SLE-Ses who use Fe quite a bit. One of them also has done some stand-up and is extraordinarily funny. Plus I think that it's common to take on traits of one's dual. I've done this over the past few years as well (learning to ride a motorcycle, being generally more proactive in my life, being more decisive and interacting with the world in a more physical way as well as trying to be more organized.)

Maybe you can look at hidden agenda. (Okay, I know. It's hidden so maybe you can't answer this). Do you think yours is "to be loved" (SLE) or "to know" (SEE)?

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah you're NOT SEE.. I watched your vids, you're XLE-Ti subtype.

So, ILE or SLE.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I take a deciedly people oriented approach to solving my problems when sheer effort isn't enough. My general resposne to any difficulty is some form of "try harder". However failing that I think that my way of dealing with and succeeding in school is teliing. I don't do well through knowledge of the material, if I want a good grade I don't study harder, instead I befriend my professors and as I grow to respect them as individuals what they say in class becomes more interesting and easier for me to retain.

I think that I'm far worse at explaining the why behind things than would be indicative of a Ti creative. I often find myself in situations where I think things will work out in my favor but can't explain why I think that or what's going to occur to make it happen, just that it will.

One arguement that seems to come up time and time again when people try to type me after meeting me in person (hotelambush and khameleon in canada) or seeing me preform (a few people who have watched my stand-up on this site) is that I seem to be fairly adept at Fe. In the case of the former they actually thought to type me as EIE or IEI intially, which of course is laughable but the reasoning behind their thinking is decidedly not. I think I do posses an ability to affect the emotional environment around me in a way that I desire, which I relate to strong but unvlaued Fe. I think the unvaluved portion is evident in that I almost never care to describe myself or represent myself in a way that seems like Fe is something I care about or am good at but am anyway.
    I know a couple of SLEs who are really into schmoozing their way through life. They know how to charm and convince--to sell themselves or an idea. And they are fairly aware of it as a tactic, somewhat like you stated here. This is how they get their way.

I agree that the SLE-Ses I know (more so than SLE-Tis I've identified) are pretty Fe-ish. One I know well almost seemed EIE at first glance.

I'm not sure that I see "the why behind things" as the purview of Ti-creative ... at least in Beta quadra. The ILEs I know/have known seem much more bent on questioning all around them. Whereas SLEs seem more, um ... like they are categorizing information about the world just as they find it, and they are finding it either with that "why" instinctively present, or they don't care about why but rather what, and what if any actions the information prompts. Maybe something like that?

I've communicated with you some in the past and you seem SLE > SEE to me, as there's something rather dry, blunt, and casual in the way you came across, and I didn't see any real barriers to understanding your pov. Just my personal observations, take with grain of.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

This guy has a very people-oriented approach, too. He skillfully manipulates the emotional atmosphere and his audience - his whole career in based on this. I type him as Se-SLE. How do I know that his type is SLE and not a Fi-valuing type? Periodically he will say something like "I'm such an asshole, ho-ho-ho" which is a strong sign of Fi-PoLR that typically catches my attention when I'm around Ti-creatives.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay. I will say this however. And this is just something to think about. I know two SLE-Ses who use Fe quite a bit. One of them also has done some stand-up and is extraordinarily funny. Plus I think that it's common to take on traits of one's dual. I've done this over the past few years as well (learning to ride a motorcycle, being generally more proactive in my life, being more decisive and interacting with the world in a more physical way as well as trying to be more organized.)

Maybe you can look at hidden agenda. (Okay, I know. It's hidden so maybe you can't answer this). Do you think yours is "to be loved" (SLE) or "to know" (SEE)?

I would think "to know". I'm currently in a relationship and in love so I will try to talk about it in the general rather than cite specifics none of you have access to. Love is something that at a young age I didn't understand. I recall many times where I would discuss with my mother having a certain fear of love, of course I was a child so the conversation would generally play out something like this

Me: Mom, I'm scared.
    Mom: Of what?
    Me: Girls. What if I meet one when I'm older and fall in love and then I can't do any of the things of I want to do when I'm older. Like I want to do a lot of things, but I'm worried that if I love someone then I'll care more about them than getting what I want out of life.
    Mom: Says something along the lines of, "Well you'll just have to figure that out."

While the fear of love has obviously gone away and I have a much stronger grasp of what love is and why people would desire it, love is still not something that motivates me. I do enjoy loving others and when I'm not preoccupied with something else showing that love, but I honestly couldn't care less if my love is reciprocated or not. In most cases I would prefer to not be loved in return. I feel the way I feel towards those around me and that's enough for me. Who cares how they feel, I know how I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Diam0nd
    Nah you're NOT SEE.. I watched your vids, you're XLE-Ti subtype.

So, ILE or SLE.
    If I know who you are I apologize but all the name changing that happened around the time school started made me lose track of whose opinion I actually cared about (in some cases). To that end, I don't know you and I don't know your history in the socionics community so, largely, I don't care about your opinion. It's useless to me as it doesn't really inform my understanding. The reasoning behind your opinion is something that is much more worthwhile and, if you cared to express it, something I might be inclined to actually discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by CONFIMED
    I know a couple of SLEs who are really into schmoozing their way through life. They know how to charm and convince--to sell themselves or an idea. And they are fairly aware of it as a tactic, somewhat like you stated here. This is how they get their way.

I agree that the SLE-Ses I know (more so than SLE-Tis I've identified) are pretty Fe-ish. One I know well almost seemed EIE at first glance.

I'm not sure that I see "the why behind things" as the purview of Ti-creative ... at least in Beta quadra. The ILEs I know/have known seem much more bent on questioning all around them. Whereas SLEs seem more, um ... like they are categorizing information about the world just as they find it, and they are finding it either with that "why" instinctively present, or they don't care about why but rather what, and what if any actions the information prompts. Maybe something like that?

I've communicated with you some in the past and you seem SLE > SEE to me, as there's something rather dry, blunt, and casual in the way you came across, and I didn't see any real barriers to understanding your pov. Just my personal observations, take with grain of.
    I agree that the connection I'm making between my behavior and Ti is somewhat vague and not really useful. I'm not entirely sure that what I meant by it, despite the fact that there is some miss communication, is worthwhile to explain as it probably doesn't relate to socoinics that neatly. I'll just leave that alone for now.

We've communicated in the past? What name did you go by then? I'm not sure I've had discussions with anyone named CONFIMED :S

With regards to the part of my quote that you bolded. ("I befriend my professors and as I grow to respect them as individuals what they say in class becomes more interesting and easier for me to retain.")

I agree that schmoozing your way through life could be a very SLE thing to do, and to some extent I might say that any type could schmooze their way through life. I think it's more pertinent to know why they exhibit this behavior and disregard the presence of the behavior itself as indicative of anything. In my case I don't befriend my professors so they like me and I can in some way manipulate or use this like for me to get good grades. I could care less if the professors I befriend like me in return, I think my behavior as represented in my original quote would be better understood as me altering my own perception of my professors through fostering a closer relationship and as a result I am more interested in what they have to say. In a sense I'm manipulating the relationships around me to manipulate the weight or importance I place on what that person says. It has far less to do with that persons opinion of me than it does with my opinion of them. I would view this as a more individualistic approach to solving my problems, rather than the support of others, I change my own perception. I would view an individualistic approach as something that is more gamma than beta.

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal
    This guy has a very people-oriented approach, too. He skillfully manipulates the emotional atmosphere and his audience - his whole career in based on this. I type him as Se-SLE. How do I know that his type is SLE and not a Fi-valuing type? Periodically he will say something like "I'm such an asshole, ho-ho-ho" which is a strong sign of Fi-PoLR that typically catches my attention when I'm around Ti-creatives.
    I think that your conception of what socionics is and how it applies to real life is so radically different from my own that any real understanding, and to that end discussion, between us is unlikely to occur.
    Easy Day

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ONCE WAS GOLDEN.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hummm....do you remember what I once typed you when you first showed up?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember, M. You typed her IEI.

Anyway, Joe, I didn't mean "to be loved" in a romantic way. Those hidden agendas are more general than that. I think the way SLEs manifest their hidden agenda can come across like this: guy walks into a party and scans faces to see who looks "fun", who looks open to his jokes, who will give him that feeling of being liked generally, pats on the back--seen as a good guy. SLEs want others to see them as a good person. They may not think they are good or that others think they're good, partly because of Fi-polr, but they want that SO MUCH. They might not even admit this, ever, or only to those closest to them. But it's important. that's why being with IEIs is easy because IEIs will give them the feedback they need to know this and to feel comfortable. Knowing they're loved/liked allows them to relax and let down their guard.

Anyway, maybe that was no help whatsoever and I don't know what to make of your behavior with professors. Any other examples?

I think you seem too logical to be SEE. But I don't know many SEEs in real life so... I could be wrong.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CONFIMED View Post
    I ONCE WAS GOLDEN.
    HEY GOLDEN! Ok, my bad on not looking in my PMs and figuring out that sooner, but for the record Golden is a way cooler name than confimed.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLDEN
    This makes so much more sense to me now lol Ok so I get where you could see my online interaction as something that is rather matter of fact, but to what extent to you think my interaction in my videos represent what you think of SLEs? I dunno, I would be less inclined to view the SLEs I know of as dry or blunt but of course I also tend to not view myself that way. Though I understand what your saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33
    Hummm....do you remember what I once typed you when you first showed up?
    Absolutely I do. Your typing made little to no sense and left me thinking very little of your understanding of socionics. I'm purposely not telling you what you typed me as because I would like to think you've come a long way since then and if you have I don't think you need the crutch. Form a new opinion, lets see what you think you know now. Maybe I'll like you more now that your not screaming from the mountain tops about people's skeletal structure in relation to type.

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron
    Anyway, Joe, I didn't mean "to be loved" in a romantic way. Those hidden agendas are more general than that. I think the way SLEs manifest their hidden agenda can come across like this: guy walks into a party and scans faces to see who looks "fun", who looks open to his jokes, who will give him that feeling of being liked generally, pats on the back--seen as a good guy. SLEs want others to see them as a good person. They may not think they are good or that others think they're good, partly because of Fi-polr, but they want that SO MUCH. They might not even admit this, ever, or only to those closest to them. But it's important. that's why being with IEIs is easy because IEIs will give them the feedback they need to know this and to feel comfortable. Knowing they're loved/liked allows them to relax and let down their guard.

Anyway, maybe that was no help whatsoever and I don't know what to make of your behavior with professors. Any other examples?

I think you seem too logical to be SEE. But I don't know many SEEs in real life so... I could be wrong.
    I agree. I also do not know many SEEs and have little to compare myself to also. I do think that there is some merit in what you say with regards to my seeming logical and I don't know to what extent that behavior would exist in an SEE. I do think that the stereotype of SEE on this forum is fairly non-representative of SEEs in real-life as it paints them as too one dimensional. Though that is a general problem with stereotypes anyway *shrug*.

Ok so if that is the HA of SLEs explain what you perceive the HA of SEEs to be.

As far as other examples I can steal directly from quadra values and say I genuinely don't care about special occasions and don't understand people who need to celebrate them. In my opinion if you want to party, go ahead and party who cares if you just graduated. And if you just graduated and don't want to party fine by me too, I see no need for the celebration of milestones like that. They even strike me as kinda silly.
    Easy Day

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I also do not know many SEEs and have little to compare myself to also.
    Howdy.

p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel comfortable explaining this now. This is a reference to my current relationship, I'm dating someone I type as IEI and am fairly certain of this (she is too) the only other type I sometimes consider is EIE. When she is feeling sad about any given thing I try to comfort her by telling her things will be ok, she asks why and I literally can't answer her when she asks that. I have no clue why, I just have faith that it will. I view this is some sort of Ti request on her part that I can't fufill but could easily see it as related to poor Ni as well.
    Easy Day

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel comfortable explaining this now. This is a reference to my current relationship, I'm dating someone I type as IEI and am fairly certain of this (she is too) the only other type I sometimes consider is EIE. When she is feeling sad about any given thing I try to comfort her by telling her things will be ok, she asks why and I literally can't answer her when she asks that. I have no clue why, I just have faith that it will. I view this is some sort of Ti request on her part that I can't fufill but could easily see it as related to poor Ni as well.
    You are being too hard on yourself. Relationship are hard to be analyzed in socionical terms as many things that go through relationships may it be dual or others are there to grow us. To push us to develop. But yeah that sounds more ni kinda thing. And its sweet how love of yours wants to make up for her making you grow function wise too.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never saw you as SLE, and SEE is a stretch IMO. I dont know what type you are but I doubt it's either of those.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    IEI 4 sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, really, JWC3? SEE? hm. you seem too civilized.

you say you know what you feel... you are always certain of that? i am curious what makes you respect someone? (referring to the professor bit)
    "If you can find out little melodies for yourself on the piano it is all very well. But if they come of themselves when you are not at the piano, then you have still greater reason to rejoice; for then the inner sense of music is astir in you. The fingers must make what the head wills, not vice versa."- Robert Schumann

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This could be enneagram-related, if you use that system. Or NTR, optimism-related etc.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I know who you are I apologize but all the name changing that happened around the time school started made me lose track of whose opinion I actually cared about (in some cases). To that end, I don't know you and I don't know your history in the socionics community so, largely, I don't care about your opinion. It's useless to me as it doesn't really inform my understanding. The reasoning behind your opinion is something that is much more worthwhile and, if you cared to express it, something I might be inclined to actually discuss.
    I'm not sure I'm very good at explaining my reasoning hehe, I'll give it a go. I can see the Ep temperament. The lack of creative Fi is what makes me think you're not SEE from the videos. By the way you talk about some things, sort of points to weak unvalued Fi... that rules out any Fx type. I'm not sure yet what what your base function is, umm Se bases + Ti are usually a little more concrete in their words, you explain things in more length which could point to Ne base.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heh. sometimes smart people are hard to type because they're SO strong in all the functions. I knew an SLE who was everything all at once, he had such a strong personality and intellect. It was crazy. Plus of COURSE you have no clue why it will all work out! SLEs never know what's going to happen in the future. That doesn't mean they worry about it constantly. I've had an SLE tell me everything will be fine when he didn't know shit. haha It's just that urge they have to protect the victim IEI. lol

TIM
    SEE - Se. ESFP. 7w8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Russell Peters, IMHO, is an SEE - Sensing Subtype. (Enneagram 7 wing 8) ESFP.

SLEs are more mean. more aggressive/confrontational (in a less humorous way)

by the way, nice video, Woof Woof. It's refreshing to see actual live people talking, on an internet forum that is all about people+personalities. Nice to actually SEE/HEAR some personality.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see "everything will be okay" as a sort of sustaining statement about the faith to go on. So it doesn't matter if everything actually will be okay, but it's to continue the belief and determination that it will. And in a way believing it hard enough and staying focused on it then can actually lead all the small little actions in between to leading to the outcome where everything is okay. If someone insists everything will be okay enough times with total confidence that it will and won't stop believing that no matter all the little objections (won't give up) then it can give another the faith to go on when they thought it was hopeless for x reason or y reason or z reason (i.e. they didn't believe they could make it or do it--that's kind of what all their reasons came from that they just didn't believe they were capable of going on).

TIM
    SEE - Se. ESFP. 7w8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting thought, Loki.

I think that believing "everything will be okay" is nice and dandy and all, but ya also need pro-active action, to sustain the life and energy of the "belief."

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think that your conception of what socionics is and how it applies to real life is so radically different from my own that any real understanding, and to that end discussion, between us is unlikely to occur.
    I have never discussed socionics with you so you wouldn't know what my conception of it is.

But the way you have just assumed that you do does point towards Ti > Fi.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NewBorn STAR View Post
    You are being too hard on yourself. Relationship are hard to be analyzed in socionical terms as many things that go through relationships may it be dual or others are there to grow us. To push us to develop. But yeah that sounds more ni kinda thing. And its sweet how love of yours wants to make up for her making you grow function wise too.
    Yeah, she is very sweet.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    Howdy.

Do you mind If I ask how old you are? I'm 22 and in college. About to graduate actually. Are you currently in school?
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    I never saw you as SLE, and SEE is a stretch IMO. I dont know what type you are but I doubt it's either of those.
    Why?
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pluie View Post
    lol, really, JWC3? SEE? hm. you seem too civilized.

you say you know what you feel... you are always certain of that? i am curious what makes you respect someone? (referring to the professor bit)
    lol I know you have a history with SEEs. I dunno this wolfl fellow seems fairly civilized from his video and he's SEE.

I'm always certain of how I feel in the moment. I generally don't bother thinking about how I've felt in the past or how I will feel in the future. I conceptualize my emotional world as something that is largely out of my control and so I don't generally see the point in keeping track of it as I can't affect it in anyway to begin with. Admittedly while i only ever really have access to snapshots of my emotional world it does have somewhat more control over me than I would like. I easily get carried away by my emotions and to some extent I enjoy it. I doubt me enjoying it is much help with regards to SLE v. SEE but there is little I love more than righteous rage. Putting others in their place when they've clearly wronged those around them is how I've been getting my rocks off recently.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not. lol I'm largely uninterested in enneagram but in the system that my friend uses I am a 3w7. He uses a strange system. I do have a couple of books on it of my own though, and 3 is what seems most likely to me.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heh. sometimes smart people are hard to type because they're SO strong in all the functions. I knew an SLE who was everything all at once, he had such a strong personality and intellect. It was crazy. Plus of COURSE you have no clue why it will all work out! SLEs never know what's going to happen in the future. That doesn't mean they worry about it constantly. I've had an SLE tell me everything will be fine when he didn't know shit. haha It's just that urge they have to protect the victim IEI. lol
    lol Why thank you! I think Newborn was right when he pointed to it as a Ni thing. I doubt SEEs have a solid concept of the future with regards to specifics. I mean I know what I'm going to be doing for the next few years but beyond that most things will take care of themselves.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pengproductions
    Russell Peters, IMHO, is an SEE - Sensing Subtype. (Enneagram 7 wing 8) ESFP.

SLEs are more mean. more aggressive/confrontational (in a less humorous way)

by the way, nice video, Woof Woof. It's refreshing to see actual live people talking, on an internet forum that is all about people+personalities. Nice to actually SEE/HEAR some personality.
    I have a few videos in those links at the top of the thread if that helps you form an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by loki
    I see "everything will be okay" as a sort of sustaining statement about the faith to go on. So it doesn't matter if everything actually will be okay, but it's to continue the belief and determination that it will. And in a way believing it hard enough and staying focused on it then can actually lead all the small little actions in between to leading to the outcome where everything is okay. If someone insists everything will be okay enough times with total confidence that it will and won't stop believing that no matter all the little objections (won't give up) then it can give another the faith to go on when they thought it was hopeless for x reason or y reason or z reason (i.e. they didn't believe they could make it or do it--that's kind of what all their reasons came from that they just didn't believe they were capable of going on).
    Exactly! I don't know the why because my saying it doesn't imply or confer a "why" in my eyes. To me saying such a thing is more akin to "Keep your chin up" than it is an actual prediction of the future.
    Easy Day

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

So you think you're SEE?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    So you think you're SEE?
    No. What I think is more shades of gray than a definitive "I think I'm SEE". I think SEE is more likely than SLE but I flip flop between the two and to remedy that I've started thinking in percents. I think it's about 60% likely that I'm SEE and 40% likely that I'm SLE.

Largely I think I've shifted my opinion due to interaction with Niff. He's gradually come to the opinion that I'm SEE and initially I was mildly off put by that typing if not a little offended. I saw SEE as a type that was emotionally reckless to the point that they hurt those around them as well as stupid and illogical.

I've been shedding my stereotypes and generalizations and starting to look at the theory as itself rather than as a collection of my own projections.

I think SEE makes somewhat more sense now mostly because I've had a much more emotional year than I've had previously and as I've grown increasingly familiar with my emotional world and how It works I've gradually come to the conclusion that what I think of myself and how I think of myself is more in line with how an SEE would perceive themselves than how a SLE would.

EDIT: I think that basing my type on my own perceptions of myself is worthwhile as I don't think there is much in my external behavior or in personality characteristics I exhibit that is telling one way or another. I think my behavior is something that could easily exist in both SLE and SEE types.
    Easy Day

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Wait till you get typed all 16.
    I never did and I'm a dinosaur here. (link a dinosaur pic and Im flying to the UK and de-balling you )

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am more than willing to make new videos if they'd help and anyone wants to post some questions.
    Easy Day

No. What I think is more shades of gray than a definitive "I think I'm SEE". I think SEE is more likely than SLE but I flip flop between the two and to remedy that I've started thinking in percents. I think it's about 60% likely that I'm SEE and 40% likely that I'm SLE.
    That is a very un-SEE thing to say. Maybe you are IEE instead. IEEs are usually uncertain about what type they are.

What are the things you think about you are gamma, and not beta or delta? What are the kinds of people you hang out with and why do you hang out with those people? You probably hang out with a lot of SLIs and don't realize it. also what do you do for a living and why? Most people don't realize that their choice of what they do for a living is a byproduct of their type. For instance if you work for a restaurant or a business or something that is not run very well there are lots of SLIs in that type of place so chances are you are IEE.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diam0nd View Post
    I'm not sure I'm very good at explaining my reasoning hehe, I'll give it a go. I can see the Ep temperament. The lack of creative Fi is what makes me think you're not SEE from the videos. By the way you talk about some things, sort of points to weak unvalued Fi... that rules out any Fx type. I'm not sure yet what what your base function is, umm Se bases + Ti are usually a little more concrete in their words, you explain things in more length which could point to Ne base.
    Well, what can I do that will help you form a more concrete oppinion?

Quote Originally Posted by groogishgreegygrag
    That is a very un-SEE thing to say. Maybe you are IEE instead. IEEs are usually uncertain about what type they are.

What are the things you think about you are gamma, and not beta or delta? What are the kinds of people you hang out with and why do you hang out with those people? You probably hang out with a lot of SLIs and don't realize it. also what do you do for a living and why? Most people don't realize that their choice of what they do for a living is a byproduct of their type. For instance if you work for a restaurant or a business or something that is not run very well there are lots of SLIs in that type of place so chances are you are IEE.
    I'll respond to the bolded questions tonight when I can borrow my GFs laptop which has a webcam.
    Easy Day

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae View Post
    I never did and I'm a dinosaur here. (link a dinosaur pic and Im flying to the UK and de-balling you )

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No intention on sounding harsh, since a lot of weak minded people seem take what I say in offense, but your problem like most of everyone else whose trying to find out their type is... instead of taking a moment to honestly examine and understand -yourself-, you're relying on other peoples opinions to help you reach a conclusion. Nobody knows you better than you, or at least that's the way it should be. Have you taken the time to thoroughly read each socionics description and guess which best fits you?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast