Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You wanna do optimus prime?

That's sick, dude.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mommy I wanna be a bus driver when I grow up.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

edit

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    edit
    NO U

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I have had no idea whatsover in the pas nor present.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you people suck. ruined my thread

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Creepy-pokeball

I wanna have babies and sell the on ebay.

Honestly, what I wanted to be no longer exists. So now I do wholesale/commercial marketing and inventory. I like it I especially love telling sales managers what to do, lol.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae View Post

Honestly, what I wanted to be no longer exists. So now I do wholesale/commercial marketing and inventory. I like it I especially love telling sales managers what to do, lol.
    I knew it, I just knew it. You are a douchebag.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What did you want to be? A newspaper reporter?

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I knew it, I just knew it. You are a douchebag.
    haha

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    What did you want to be? A newspaper reporter?
    No. I wanted to be a Horticulturist for Research and Development (Ornamental).

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They do not exist anymore?

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Creepy-pokeball

Not as they did, and what is left is nothing I dreamed of when I was younger. Also, most of them are huge Ag. companies that import Americans to overseas, such as in India. No thx.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Creepy-pokeball

Is anyone else going to answer blackburry's question?

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I won't grow up.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, what I wanted to be no longer exists.
    It took reading your post twice to realize that we are similar in this regard. I have always wanted to be a blacksmith's apprentice and own my own furnace, hammers, and anvils when I grow up. There are no longer any occupations where one person can make, start to finish, something that is so universally useful as metal weapons and tools were in the time of the local smithy.

This is actually why I work for a cell phone company, ironically; I saw how universally beneficial their products are, combined with how many people get screwed over by cell phone companies, and saw a chance to do something both interesting and useful that taught me multiple, broadly applicable skills, while saving my own ass from one more trap in the system.

Not to mention it pays darn well if you're a hustler.

Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-pokeball

It took reading your post twice to realize that we are similar in this regard. I have always wanted to be a blacksmith's apprentice and own my own furnace, hammers, and anvils when I grow up. There are no longer any occupations where one person can make, start to finish, something that is so universally useful as metal weapons and tools were in the time of the local smithy.

This is actually why I work for a cell phone company, ironically; I saw how universally beneficial their products are, combined with how many people get screwed over by cell phone companies, and saw a chance to do something both interesting and useful that taught me multiple, broadly applicable skills, while saving my own ass from one more trap in the system.

Not to mention it pays darn well if you're a hustler.
    Yeah, we live in an age of dead dreams and limelights. Sad, but true. However, the beat goes on.

btw, I took 6 years of oxyacetylene welding w/ my best friend. It was completely pointless, but I loved it.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bullshit, I have a friend who is a professional blacksmith and makes a decent living for himself and his family. http://vanmadronemetalworks.com/

Now that I think of it I know three other dudes who have been blacksmiths, one of them for shits and giggles, and another guy who trained his son in, who continues smithing, before he retired a few years ago.

If you're really into it and have the space to make hot messes, you ought to look into the Gingery series of DIY metalworks books. http://www.lindsaybks.com/dgjp/djgbk/series/index.html

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, we live in an age of dead dreams and limelights. Sad, but true. However, the beat goes on.
    Amen...there are few true crafts left, and, because of our hollow, over-generalized education system, even fewer people who wind up in the position to take honest pride in their work; the dissociation inherent in the combination of technological advancement and hyper-specialization makes us all irrelevant in the natural human scope of functioning, which leaves us all with a gaping hole where our desire for meaningful experience as a member of a personally tangible society once stood.

btw, I took 6 years of oxyacetylene welding w/ my best friend. It was completely pointless, but I loved it.
    Yeah, I just love the idea of working with fire and metal, and exerting so much energy...it's so primal, and having a job that would actually make me a force to be reckoned with would be a huge bonus.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    Bullshit, I have a friend who is a professional blacksmith and makes a decent living for himself and his family. http://vanmadronemetalworks.com/

Now that I think of it I know three other dudes who have been blacksmiths, one of them for shits and giggles, and another guy who trained his son in, who continues smithing, before he retired a few years ago.

If you're really into it and have the space to make hot messes, you ought to look into the Gingery series of DIY metalworks books. http://www.lindsaybks.com/dgjp/djgbk/series/index.html
    That is actually really fucking cool, but...it's just not the same. What I want out of being a blacksmith is more than just banging metal; it's a social role, an inheritance, a sense of occupational ethos that simply doesn't exist any more with the grandiose scope of our society and the degree of specialization that each job takes.

I am looking into being a teacher now, actually, because it's one of the only occupations that offers something resembling an individually identifiable significant role in society.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is actually really fucking cool, but...it's just not the same. What I want out of being a blacksmith is more than just banging metal; it's a social role, an inheritance, a sense of occupational ethos that simply doesn't exist any more with the grandiose scope of our society and the degree of specialization that each job takes.
    Except it does in how my friend came to learn his craft and how his practice of it is a concrete and living extension of his being. Don't be so flip, lil' dreamer.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    Except it does in how my friend came to learn his craft and how his practice of it is a concrete and living extension of his being. Don't be so flip, lil' dreamer.
    He is very fortunate.

Under cerulean skies...

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back in high school or thereabout I wanted to design roller coasters for a living so badly. I was fascinated with the idea of them even before I stopped being terrified of riding one, (I did my first one on a dare by a friend, literally cried when it was over). I had seen things like Roller Coaster Tycoon in magazines and had wanted to get it ever since I was maybe 8 years old.

Eventually that faded out once my high school got a music department and I discovered that I may really be more of a passion that I initially gave it credit. I had been writing little songs in Fruity Loops since 15, but I didn't consider it to be more than a hobby until that point. Now I'm hopefully positioning myself to get some sort of steady work or employment in video game music. What's more, being at this music studio/training facility opened up my mind to worlds of sound design, post-production mixing, and general audio engineering that I can definitely see myself working in. Still, to score films or video games is my primary goal atm.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Still, to score films or video games is my primary goal atm.
    Cool story bro. We share the same vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Back in high school or thereabout I wanted to design roller coasters for a living so badly.
    I wanted to direct my own movies, then in high school got much more into music.

Creepy-pokeball

Essentially, I still do what I want in regards to horticulture, but not at the scale or economics I wish. It is completely with my spare time, and our current economy blows for having new cultivars tested, but it does not stop me from creating new cultivars. I think it is a reality a lot of people face -- dual-specialization.

Creepy-pokeball

Here are two recent photos. I love horticulture because everything changes slightly over time, every year is a new year, and everything is a possibility.

Rose germinations from one female parent and about 15 male parents. Sorting these out when they mature is not going to be fun, but I find it essential to replicate non-resourceful scenarios to weed out those that thrive poorly or are easily susceptible to disease. Out of 1000 germinations, an average of one is kept. Many of the germinations contain the pollen of a proprietary hybrid between the Dog Rose (Rosa canina) of the UK and a modern miniature hybrid of the highly fungal-resistant Rosa davidii. Some of these hybrids should be cold hardy to USDA Zone 3 or 4. The female parent is a strong yellow derived from the Japanese rambler known as Rosa wichurana, which is also quite cold hardy and fungal resistant. Failure is highly rampant in the development of both ornamental and resource cultivars. It requires decades of practice to create and produce anything useful.

Helleborus, aka the Christmas Rose. Its a very odd plant that pops out of the ground when nothing else is around It has no immediate relation to the rose, tho. However, this plant type is becoming immensely popular, which is impressive considering the original cultivars were extremely drab.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

blacksmithing and carpentry, I've always wanted to learn to make something useful by hand (not including food-- i suck at baking). my friend's dad makes a living building custom designed wooden-- mosty spiral-- staircases.

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A little bit of everything. For some reason the idea of starting a job in my mid 20s and sticking with it (the job or the field itself) for the rest of my life just doesn't sound appealing. It seems like such a waste, only learning and using minimal skills by sticking with one thing. But perhaps someday, once I've tested a few things, I will change my mind and decide that I actually enjoy doing something enough to stick with it. If anything though, I would just own my own business - I want to be my own boss and the boss of others, not have somebody over me.

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

god

lol like i wasnt alrdy
    Last edited by NewBorn STAR; 04-03-2012 at 03:43 AM.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know what you mean.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I wanna design and sell my own RPGs of course. =D first rpg i make i probably will sell for $5 a download.

Marxist Ne’er-do-well Red Villain's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-SLI/ xNTJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A dictator.
    "We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.".

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always liked the idea of becoming a researcher of some sort, but then again it probably is much more about reading and writing stuff alone in the office than actually doing experiments or planning/sharing thoughts with colleagues. I get bored easily if I do the same thing all the time, but I wouldn't want to be a customer servant either, rush and too many people stress me. My ideal would be to work independently, but in a team. One thing I know for sure is I want an academic education. I'm a very theoretical mind and much better at creating scenarios and ideas and investigating things than doing something concrete. I'd love to find/do something that could change the world for better. Psychology/Social Psychology/Sociology/Philosophy have always been my strongest subjects in school, and they're also the things that truly motivate me the most. I'm now applying for a Social Psychology programme. Only 9 people will get in through attending the entrance exam, and there are hundreds of competitors so I probably won't make it, but it doesn't really even matter so much. I enjoy studying for the sake of it and not only because I would like to get in. Which is something I don't experience very often when studying.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast