Thread: My type - again

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My type - again

So here I am again with some doubts as to what my type really is.When I first bumped into socionics I was really amazed at how correct these descriptions were - I was pretty sure I was ENFp. I considered ESFj but something was off about that type - especially the fact that they can continue doing something even if they don't like it etc. For me it's been incredibly difficult.
    My relations with people show that I'm rather not ESFj although Martisa has me as one. I had INTj boyfriend - terrible relationship although at times the connection was really strong. My sister is INTj, my mother is ESFj. I've always argued with my sister I felt she was not delicate, saying rude things and not sensitive to what other people feel like and her nervousness was unbearable for me - I was almost scared of her. I also felt I gave more that she did in our relationship - I always tried to help her and when I needed her she just wouldn't do that "because". And again, at times it was different. We seem to get on well from times to times but I need to try hard.
    But maybe it's not type related after all.
    I get on pretty well with delta ST - we simply never argue and even though they are not always what I perceive sensitive it is not as strong as in case of INTj I know.
    E.g. my flatmate is INTj. Normally we would just sit in our rooms, sometimes talking but usually in front of our computers doing something. We discuss philosophical issues, sense and nonsense of life and dreams of achieving something. He also gets on my nerves sometimes cause he doesn't want to clean.
    On the other hand when my LSE boyfriends comes it seems to me that I'm protected and everything is under control.When I am on my own I usually don't know what to do and he is the one who steers us in some directions. I give and idea : maybe we'll go somewhere and he is the one who decides when and if at all. It's not so silent when he comes, I feel power to do something and it's just great. He doesn't like it when I discuss abstract ideas with somebody let's say the religion and if we should go to the church if we know that we don't fulfil all the things the church wants us to do etc, etc. He's not into discussions about respect etc. but he looks for my insight when he's wondering what he should do or shouldn't do.

So I don't know. Martisa typed MD correctly so maybe my type is correct as well.
    Am I ESE? That would be really stupid considering people I get on with.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa is a psycho. Mt. Dew is not LSI.

/thread

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my God Radio, you made my day.
    It's not that I believe she's a psycho it's just hmmm you summed up everything I said in such an unexpected way and I started laughing.
    My very good ENTp friend usually does the very same thing.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ver View Post
    Oh my God Radio, you made my day.
    I'm glad.

I agree w/ ENFp as your type and ESTj for your boyfriend, fwiw.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the things I have noticed is how big you're on showing emotions, IEEs don't require such display from their dauls, because neither of them value Fe, especially the SLIs.

I don't think you're Intuitive either. Your sensory functions are much more pronounced, and I have yet to read something about you having any difficulty in such matters. In fact, you're well attuned to how well dressed, clean, etc. pepole are.

From what I have read in your previous threads, you don't think it's possible because you are so messy? I don't know. The kind of mess you're talking about seems more in line with Te.

You also seem like an introvert. But that's just an overall impression.

I would say SEI is far more likely than IEE.

Marxist Ne’er-do-well Red Villain's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-SLI/ xNTJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

especially the fact that they can continue doing something even if they don't like it etc. For me it's been incredibly difficult.
    The only thing I can get from your post is a mild aversion to , maybe some valuing in there. I don't know, VI is better if you want a more accurate typing but for now I'd pin you somewhere in Beta or Delta
    "We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.".

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make a video.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

I like showing emotions but up to a point, excessive emotin showing is too much for me. I find ESFjs charming but they are too much stepping into your own territory when they want to raise your mood which I don't like.

I think my sensory functions are well pronounced e.g. I like cooking and eating but when I'm on my own I usually don't cook at all, I eat what is available. I'm also a bit clumsy e.g. I'm famous for losing things, my mobiles break down very often. I'm also quite insecure when it comes to showing sexuality. I feel really weird when sb is looking at me in a sexual way I once went to a massage which was just stressful for me and I wouldn't do that again (not with a man masseur anyway).
    My place is an artistic mess. Much as I want it to be clean, it never really is - and I haven't noticed that with ISFps. I usually have problem with cleaning when I start big cleaning I just don't have a power to continue it and I get bored.
    Within my friends e.g. ISFj, ISTp I've always been perceived as a person who has problem with hmmm real life. They easily got jobs, took care of their careers and I've always jumped from one job to another. I was also far less fit to everyday life.
    From my point of view the biggest problem is that I lack the power and willingness to fight so rat race is something that I really avoid, I'm ambitious I want to develop all the time but I have problems with gaining account for that. I've always been perceived as a person who has hmm big imagination, I've always come up with ideas and wrote imaginative stories and I found it weird that other people didn't.

Why I could me intuitive. I think I have a big insight into other people. When I meet someone I usually know what they are like from the very beginning (but maybe that's F?), what their problems might be if they behave in certain way and what their talents are. I try to suggest to them that they maybe should do this or that and they'd be more happy, fulfilled etc. I also see who likes whom, what the relationships are and I try to evaluate the potential. For me the logic in relationship is important. For example, my ISTp friend came back to his girlfriend and a few weeks before he told be he didn't feel antything to her, that something was missing etc.etc. I don't want to go into details but my boyfriend is happy for him, I just feel that something is wrong about it.

I feel like an introvert, I need a lot of time for myslef but that might be due to the fact I'm a bit depressed now.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SEE
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Martisa you typed my ISTp, ISFp and ESFj before. Whereas the other three are ok, the SEE is impossible typing for me . Ther's no way I value Se.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Why? Se doesn't bite back.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why...I've never divided people, I lack the power, I don't feel it's necessary and I love Si. In my perfect world everybody would be equal, I think I have a thing for hippi communities.
    I feel much better when close to Si types. I like being taken care of, I feel safe and loved then. I'd never perceive it as "too much" etc.
    SEE girls are know are much more open when it comes to their sexuality, comments, style and also interests. It may be stupid but I've always connected salsa dancing with S, more Se than Si. I just don't like it because there's to much touching whereas my boyfriend doesn't like it cause he believes people behave like a sect there

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wikisocion: Extroverted sensing () is an extroverted, irrational, and static information element. It is also called Se, F, volitional sensing, or black sensing.
    includes the ability to know how much power, force, or influence is latent or required.
    Types that value are much more comfortable with direct behavior aimed at making an immediate impact. This may at times be perceived as abrasive, particularly by types who do not value . There is usually a competitive edge to this style of group interaction, resulting in a more intense atmosphere than that of introverted sensing ()-valuing quadras. They appreciate contemplating possibilities only if they feel like they stand to gain something from it, or it has a perceived potential impact on "the real world".
    Unlike , which is about one's subjective sensory experience (how intense or enjoyable it is), is about achieving an object of desire. It gives one the ability to influence, bend, and push situations and people in order to achieve such an object, rather than to enjoy the situation one is in.

Not a single word fits me. Competetiveness? I avoid it as much as I can. I never push or influence, I always give people a choice. And I enhoy pleasures. I could go on, but one thing I'm sure of - no way I'm Se.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Why...I've never divided people, I lack the power, I don't feel it's necessary and I love Si. In my perfect world everybody would be equal, I think I have a thing for hippi communities.
    I feel much better when close to Si types. I like being taken care of, I feel safe and loved then. I'd never perceive it as "too much" etc.
    SEE girls are know are much more open when it comes to their sexuality, comments, style and also interests. It may be stupid but I've always connected salsa dancing with S, more Se than Si. I just don't like it because there's to much touching whereas my boyfriend doesn't like it cause he believes people behave like a sect there
    Se doesn't have anything to do with sexual preferences; it has to do with perceiving things or watching them or taking them in before making a judgment of them or making judgements of things as if they were dogmatic, like sticking to beliefs in a hard and fast way without critically thinking about them; these beliefs may be simple religious and spiritual beliefs or they may be health related beliefs. One belief that you express here is that you think SEE girls are known for being sexually promiscuous, when in reality, most humans and primates are that way.
    -

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't talking about sexual preferences, rather about Se and its connection with physical world.
    Se: authority, influence, desire, political interest/personal investment, competition/struggle, willpower, impact, force, appearance, readiness, tactics, territory
    Again, it's taken from wikisocion. If Se is about authoruty, influence and desire, impact and force it must have some affect on how people behave when they are trying to win sb over and in the relationships. What I mean was that I noticed that Se types, especially ESFp and ESTp tend to behave in such a way. They fight, they struggle, they treat it as a kind of competition. From what I've noticed they easily touch - that's the connectoin with the physical world. It's true for Si types as well but their touch is different. It's more delicate and it's not forceful, there's high impact on pleasure and aesthetics.
    Ni types look for this kind of strong, forceful partner who I believe gives them power. (but maybe Ni types could comment here). They perceive Si as hmm too delicate, too boring, not active enough. I think Si might be some kind of weakness for them and most of them are even disgusted with dealing with physical things like taking care of a dog.
    Si type live in harmony with their physical environment, they are (IMO) more likely to enjoy living close to the nature. They aren't forceful, they are hmm...in a way "slower" they want to cherish their sensations. Ne types look for this kind of harmonizer who can give them back their peace of mind, care for them, stop their brain from constant stream of thoughts and give them a pleasant break for a chocolate, for a movie, for a walk. Se/Ni types don't enjoy these kind of breaks. They want to act, achieve sth.

Of course it's oversimplification and many people may disagree with that but this is how I see it and it's not easy for me to put it in words.

Si : harmony, pleasure, health, comfort, pleasantness, satisfaction, convenience, quality, cosiness, aesthetics

I look for Si in my life - I strive to live in a pleasant, harmonious environment, to calm myself and other people down. I'm much attracted to pleasantness, aesthetics. I try to prepare healthy food, look for information about ingredients. I try to make my home a beautiful, cosy place. I'm trying to create a place and environment in which everybody I care about in some way can find their peace of mind, relax, forget about troubles and be themselves. I believe people run too quickly, work too much and they need to stop for a moment and find harmony with their inner self. I very often feel insecure and I just try to look at life and try to distance myself from many things. My theory is that we should live our lives in the best way we can. Be good people, do good things, respect ourselves and the others.

When it comes to Fe or Fi valuing, I quess I value both , but I value Fi a lot more.
    Fi: like/dislike, decency and niceness, morals, good/evil, etiquette, humanism, attraction/repulsion, sympathy, compassion
    Fe: emotions and emotional expression, passion, mood, excitation, exuberance, romanticism, imitation, acting
    Why? How I see it. Fe sees a big picutre. Atmosphere, emotions, emotional expression and Fe valuers can easily influence the atmosphere. I can do that although I don't crack jokes all the time or tell stories. But I see what is happening when I enter a place. However, much often I concentrate on seeing through people when I'm in bigger groups. When somebody speaks, I try to understand what he's really trying to say if he has any problems etc.
    And I very often analyze especially when I think somebody did something wrong (hurt sb else, was egoistic, hasn't thought of the reaction of others). First, I make judgment - How could he do that - it was so wrong. Then I start to take into account the way this person feels, their life etc, maybe. But still I make judgment in the end. And if somebody hurts sb else, it's very difficult for me not to condemn this person - I sympathize with the ones that are hurt.
    Also, I don't value Ti at all.
    Ti: analysis, law, hierarchy, classification, understanding, order, (legal) right, system, structure, formal logic
    analysis - yes. Hierarchy - the worst thing for me.
    Actually I'd say I value Ti more than Se but I don't value any of these.
    And I value Te.
    Te: benefit, efficiency, action, knowledge, method, mechanism, act, work, motion, reason, technology, fact, expediency, economy
    I look for Te in people and I'm really impressed by that. I try to use it myself, to be efficient, to collect facts before I make a judgement etc. For me it's obvious that I value Te more than Ti.

To cut long story short, I don't think anything else than delta fits me.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since you asked, let's puncture some over-inflated misconceptions:

Ni types look for this kind of strong, forceful partner who I believe gives them power. (but maybe Ni types could comment here).
    As a mischievous person I enjoy the company of those who are also experienced at making their fun by getting into (and out of) trouble. As someone who tends to mentally overcomplicate social interactions I like people who are generally direct in their dealings. So it's not so much force that Se types present that's of value to me, it's the confidence to act in situations where I'm likely to overthink and hesitate, and to be my collaborator or accomplice in ideas I might otherwise allow to remain within the realm of thought.

They perceive Si as hmm too delicate, too boring, not active enough. I think Si might be some kind of weakness for them
    Too much concern with comfort does disgust me as being overly self-protective and weak, and my lifestyle is materially bare-bones. But that doesn't prevent me from responding positively to refined art or music, appreciating quality goods, treating myself to a nap, enjoying the creation and consumption of good food, giving homemade soup to a friend who's sick, or any of the other things supposedly definitive of Si.

and most of them are even disgusted with dealing with physical things like taking care of a dog.
    About once a week I give my dog a canine spa session with a nail clipping, a brushing of the coat to remove loose hair, and maybe a tooth brushing if her breath is kinda stank. When we lived in the woods it was necessary to spend an hour or so each summer evening picking dozens of ticks from her. In hot weather I have the dog periodically step into the shower for a soaking so the water evaporating from her coat will help with cooling. Just last night I noted she was getting kinda smelly so she'll receive a washing tonight since it's been a few months since the last one. The dog eats fairly high quality chow and a few times when money has been short I've made sure that she's been able to eat even if I've had to skip a few meals. I've also acted as this animal's doctor when a veterinarian's care was unavailable, and since we live in the city now and she doesn't sneak off into the bushes to handle her business anymore, so that means that during daily walks I'm probably going to hold at least one bag of hot shit in my hand. Plus there's wiping away eye boogers with a napkin once or twice a day, and all the scratching and petting that this little attention-hound craves. So the dog is dependent on me for physical care, and that's what I ensure even though dealing with this hairy baby is sometimes kinda gross.

Si type live in harmony with their physical environment, they are (IMO) more likely to enjoy living close to the nature. They aren't forceful, they are hmm...in a way "slower" they want to cherish their sensations. Ne types look for this kind of harmonizer who can give them back their peace of mind, care for them, stop their brain from constant stream of thoughts and give them a pleasant break for a chocolate, for a movie, for a walk. Se/Ni types don't enjoy these kind of breaks. They want to act, achieve sth.
    The place I've lived the longest and enjoyed the best was a small island quite removed from big cities. I worked outdoors year round in all weather, rain or shine, from -32C to 41C, and I lived in a small shack without plumbing from April to November. And there plenty of other beta/gamma peeps living there as well who loved the isolation, quiet, and natural beauty of the place. I would rather hear the wind in the trees and the calls of the woodland critters than cars and shouting strangers and other common irritations of the supposedly civilized world.

Take care not to get too hung up on the exaggerations of stereotypes, especially those found in writings by people foreign to the quadras or quadra values they're describing. I think that's a large part of why type profiles are so frequently cartoonish, not to mention that IE descriptions are ridiculously simplistic (look at the terms you're citing to delineate IE, and then compare those brief behavioral grocery lists to the complex psychological function descriptions by Jung). And bear in mind that although Decisive and Judicious values are inversely proportional in Model A, in most people they're probably far closer to being 70%/30% than they are 100%/0%.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No. Se is more about experiencing of objects and the objective environment; one experience leads to another. Every single SEE thinks that Se in both SEE and SLE is exactly how you describe it.

Someone needs to change this. Please.

Tell me what you think of SEE after reading this.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...SFp-by-Beskova

They can make entertainment (throw parties, planning events). They show up to birthday or school holiday. Personal life in the class occupies them much more than studies. And, nevertheless, because of the strong will (they have willpower, they can make themselves do things they want to do) these girls completely can force themselves to learn and they reach outstanding results on any objects. Ambition and orientation to be prestigious they can also force to be their best.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 03-24-2012 at 01:56 AM.
    -

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I I tried to read it but sometimes it was difficult to understand. I wouldn't say it's exctly different than me, nevertheless I'm sure it's not "my type". Especially the parts about learning - I don't have such a strong will and I do not intend to be the best. I liked to be competent, but I don't need flashlights. When I learn, it's because I'm interested in the subject. I can dwelve into that and spend hours studying the matter even if it's not "useful". I don't think I achieve "competent and representative contact" with people. I don't like formal settings and I try to avoid it, I feel I cannot behave as I should there. However, I'm rather competent of achieving contact with people, help them etc, raise their mood, to mke them interested in matter I feel is worth being interested in (for them).
    "With its powerful orientation to the prestige" - no. I'm not into prestige, not at all.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I experience objects either. I mean I do experience them somehow, but I wouldn't say it's my main trait. People usually make fun of me because I don't notice any details, when I'm on the subway I usually read and I haven't noticed a billboard everybody is talking about. I don't care about politics and any famous people lives. I don't watch TV. What I usually do happens in my head - I analyze, I remember past events, I worry, I think if I did the right thing etc, I dream, I try to make plans.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What the fuck - how does one experience objects?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Well, I I tried to read it but sometimes it was difficult to understand. I wouldn't say it's exctly different than me, nevertheless I'm sure it's not "my type". Especially the parts about learning - I don't have such a strong will and I do not intend to be the best. I liked to be competent, but I don't need flashlights. When I learn, it's because I'm interested in the subject. I can dwelve into that and spend hours studying the matter even if it's not "useful". I don't think I achieve "competent and representative contact" with people. I don't like formal settings and I try to avoid it, I feel I cannot behave as I should there. However, I'm rather competent of achieving contact with people, help them etc, raise their mood, to mke them interested in matter I feel is worth being interested in (for them).
    "With its powerful orientation to the prestige" - no. I'm not into prestige, not at all.
    Having will doesn't necessarily mean it has to be strong; it can be weak will too. For instance, I've seen many SEE who can not use will on themselves to do such things as lose weight, kick a drug addiction, to kick an eating habit and get out of eating disorders; these are all examples of an SEE who has Se and yet is unable to use it on themselves, because they use it to obtain or experience that of external things.

Do you go shopping? Do you buy clothes? Are you attracted to bright color objects and clothes or many different clothes? That's experiencing objects. Do you buy delicious coffee or drinks, do you eat variety of foods, do you go exercise, do you go outdoors, do you have pets, these are all experiences.

Your avatar is an experience; by picking a bright color photo like that you're using your Se...seeing something (in static motion) and being attracted by it's colors, using Fi will determine that you like it (hence you judged the picture).
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 03-24-2012 at 09:25 PM.
    -

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    As a mischievous person I enjoy the company of those who are also experienced at making their fun by getting into (and out of) trouble. As someone who tends to mentally overcomplicate social interactions I like people who are generally direct in their dealings. So it's not so much force that Se types present that's of value to me, it's the confidence to act in situations where I'm likely to overthink and hesitate, and to be my collaborator or accomplice in ideas I might otherwise allow to remain within the realm of thought.
    Yeah that's not Se, or at least not just Se.

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    No. Se is more about experiencing of objects and the objective environment; one experience leads to another.
    Sure.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Yeah that's not Se, or at least not just Se.
    That's not Se, because Se - as an abstract entity - is a reduction of the common factors among all four static-decisive types, taken out of and stripped of all context. For Se in ESFps, however, this is spot-on.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think I got it now.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having will doesn't necessarily mean it has to be strong; it can be weak will too. For instance, I've seen many SEE who can not use will on themselves to do such things as lose weight, kick a drug addiction, to kick an eating habit and get out of eating disorders; these are all examples of an SEE who has Se and yet is unable to use it on themselves, because they use it to obtain or experience that of external things.

Do you go shopping? Do you buy clothes? Are you attracted to bright color objects and clothes or many different clothes? That's experiencing objects. Do you buy delicious coffee or drinks, do you eat variety of foods, do you go exercise, do you go outdoors, do you have pets, these are all experiences.

Your avatar is an experience; by picking a bright color photo like that you're using your Se...seeing something (in static motion) and being attracted by it's colors, using Fi will determine that you like it (hence you judged the picture).
    Hm, I don't really understand why you think I'm Se leading type. Are you trying to say that when someone likes shopping or bright colors it means they are Se leading? I do like bright colors but probably because they suit me, I used to like dark colors in the past. I do enjoy shopping but I wouldn't say it's sufficient proof for Se leading types. I enjoy looking for promotions while shopping, yes. Having pets is typical of Se? that sounds shallow.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Having pets is typical of Se? that sounds shallow.
    Looks like I am Se dominant.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Do you sometimes feel disappointed in your personal relationship; maybe because you do things and you don't get a sufficient return back?
    -

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I do. But I'm not sure if it's type related - I'd rather think it's related to me being insecure. In my previous relationship this problem was big for me, and I notice it with Alpha NTs (I have a few Alpha NTs friends). I eagerly give what I have to give and I feel that sometimes they abuse it. I don't think it's done on purpose, it's just how they function. It is different with Delta ST types. They somehow see what's happening and they don't let me exploit myself so much. They usually pay attention to return what they got.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Looks like I am Se dominant.
    What pet have you got Absurd?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What pet have you got Absurd?
    None. I have had two dogs and a rat which means I was Se dominant but I am no longer.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

None. I have had two dogs and a rat which means I was Se dominant but I am no longer.
    I'm sorry Absurd but I think the rat excludes Se dominant and implies Se creative. Btw I had a wild rat at home but I'm really really really really afraid of rodents.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm sorry Absurd but I think the rat excludes Se dominant and implies Se creative.
    Fair enough. What type are monkeys?

Btw I had a wild rat at home but I'm really really really really afraid of rodents.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yes, I do. But I'm not sure if it's type related - I'd rather think it's related to me being insecure. In my previous relationship this problem was big for me, and I notice it with Alpha NTs (I have a few Alpha NTs friends). I eagerly give what I have to give and I feel that sometimes they abuse it. I don't think it's done on purpose, it's just how they function. It is different with Delta ST types. They somehow see what's happening and they don't let me exploit myself so much. They usually pay attention to return what they got.
    Why do you do it?

And,

Why do you criticize yourself and others? Even if you don't conform yourself to what you want to be you will be critical.

Are you paranoid, overanalyzing of your relations, anxious, and critical of yourself and others in them?
    -

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I am - overanalyzing, paranoid etc. But is it type related? I criticize myself hmm because I make the same mistakes all over again and I see from the distance that what I'm doing is wrong and doesn't help but I'm still doing it.

Yeah Martisa, what you wrote sounds exactly like me .

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yes I am - overanalyzing, paranoid etc. But is it type related? I criticize myself hmm because I make the same mistakes all over again and I see from the distance that what I'm doing is wrong and doesn't help but I'm still doing it.

Yeah Martisa, what you wrote sounds exactly like me .
    Do you know what causes you to be that way?
    -

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm. Probably a mix of my character and a difficult childhood. My parents never went on well, they fought all the time, I was lways insecure and I usually felt guilty. And I'm unfortunately oversensitive myself so I don't really know how to behave in relationships etc. And I tried to make every relationship work. Moreover, I analyze everything, try to get to the essence to make a fair judgement. So I also try to do the same with my relationships. That's why I love people who keep things going without looking back too much (although sometimes too little "looking back" gets on my nerves but I still appreciate it).
    Last edited by Ver; 03-25-2012 at 06:37 PM.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough. What type are monkeys?

I quess you were trying to kill me Absurd with that video. One of the worst things I've started looking at.
    i

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I quess you were trying to kill me Absurd with that video. One of the worst things I've started looking at.
    No, I didn't.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What is your objective in opening a "type me" thread?

One last question:

Do you need to try things in order for you to understand them?
    -

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is your objective in opening a "type me" thread?

One last question:

Do you need to try things in order for you to understand them?
    My objective was to hmm to get to know other people's opinion of my type. I think I know myself, but on the other hand I know I might be wrong and other people might have different point of view or notice things that I haven't noticed or simply understand socionics better.

With trying thing that's a bit difficult. I'm not really sure what you are talking about. For example I learn photography and I try to do it well. I take some photos but I know that's not enough so I started reading books about photography to immerse myself into this subject. After getting to know some of the theory, I feel much better, I know what to do with the camera.
    I'm thinking what other "things"... I don't know. I can relate to other people easily even if I didn't have similar experiences, I can somehow imagine what they feel.
    Hm, in general I wouldn't say I need to experience things in order to understand them but maybe I just don't understand your question.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast