Thread: IEI potential typing?

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEI potential typing?

hkkmr and others have suggested this type for me. It was the original typing I gave myself, and I think IP temperament makes sense. I dunno, just wondering...
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably. I vaguely assumed it was your type before I saw your self-typing.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't find it hard to take seriously but it's not my first choice. you already know which is.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labocat View Post
    i don't find it hard to take seriously but it's not my first choice. you already know which is.
    I do? Oh right, SEE. I think. Maybe..or that was someone else.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about we go the full LSI and call it a potential deal with the commoners.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fenryrr View Post
    uhh no, ENFp.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We had discussed the different types of intuition and how to distinguish Ne from Ni. The key thing to remember is Ne is all about how to notice things that could potentially change the present as it exists. Examples would be me thinking "What if I rode by bike to work rather than drive a car?"

Ni exercises more hypothetical questions and often depicts alternate realities such as a world where gravity did not exist. Hope this information is useless.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni is more about how the consillience of events imply alternate realities. It is an etheral vision of the future and past. It is the imaginative function that fills in the gaps of our knowledge to create a picture of what could be - and feels more like a daydream than speculation.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HandiAce View Post
    We had discussed the different types of intuition and how to distinguish Ne from Ni. The key thing to remember is Ne is all about how to notice things that could potentially change the present as it exists. Examples would be me thinking "What if I rode by bike to work rather than drive a car?"

Ni exercises more hypothetical questions and often depicts alternate realities such as a world where gravity did not exist. Hope this information is useless.
    Hmm, well, based on this alone, would make sense for me. One of my favorite things to do is talk to people about "alternate realities"..like if sharks lived in the sky, or things along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    Ni is more about how the consillience of events imply alternate realities. It is an etheral vision of the future and past. It is the imaginative function that fills in the gaps of our knowledge to create a picture of what could be - and feels more like a daydream than speculation.
    Hmmm...I think I follow, though I'm not certain.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    Lol. That's what it is for me. Lol.

Nice.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    No.
    Explain why, please?

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who the fuck are you

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hehe. Good one.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NewBorn STAR View Post
    who the fuck are you
    Behave now. She seems very nice.

NBS, meet Fen, very possible Fe creative.
    Fen, meet NBS, my IRL friend who makes some people around me somewhat uncomfortable from time to time and is yet (and because of it) very loved.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

fen i don't see iei at all. what jumps out at me a lot about you is you're very open about your feelings in a "tell, not show" kind of way that screams fi to me. I also see delta nf but thats harder to explain. like a commitment to being open and trying very hard not to jump to conclusions and the way you do it is very delta nf-ey to me. not iei, not see. just not seeing those at all. I've been liking fi-iee.

and yeah she's very nice (:

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HandiAce View Post

Upon reading this again, I think I typically do go the Ne route with that. I had a pretty busy day yesterday and that's all I did all day. "What if I arrive early to my interview? What do I do in the meantime if I am so I don't loiter around all awkward?" Then after my interview walking home: "Oh, Ben will be done with his test soon and I have time for lunch...maybe I should see if he wants to get lunch since I have an hour" "I need to get to my doctor's appointment. If I walk I need to leave soon. If my roommate can actually drop me off, I can relax for a bit." After the appointment: "If I walk home I can stop by Barberitos to finally eat (seeing as Ben was too busy earlier)." I guess when I know I have somewhere to go, I think about the different ways I can get there..and what each way means in terms of what I can do after I do what I need to do. This makes me seem really planningish. But I don't really...plan. It's more...consider the different opportunities and ways I can do things before they happen, but when that time comes to make that decision of which way I'm going to do things, I might even choose the one that makes less sense. I guess it kinda makes me think of walking on a path where there is a random garden thing that the path wraps around. As I approach it (if I notice it) I don't really plan which side around it I'm going to go, I just consider both sides as existing...perhaps consider the pros and cons (extremely insignificant ones in this case), and take whichever I feel like in the end. I often find I go around on the left when i finally approach the obstacle, even if I premeditiated I would go on the right..for some reason. This was a giant paragraph of...nothing. I'm sorry. Hehe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Behave now. She seems very nice.

NBS, meet Fen, very possible Fe creative.
    Fen, meet NBS, my IRL friend who makes some people around me somewhat uncomfortable from time to time and is yet (and because of it) very loved.
    Hehe, I've seen him around. I thought he was your brother?

Quote Originally Posted by kassie View Post
    fen i don't see iei at all. what jumps out at me a lot about you is you're very open about your feelings in a "tell, not show" kind of way that screams fi to me. I also see delta nf but thats harder to explain. like a commitment to being open and trying very hard not to jump to conclusions and the way you do it is very delta nf-ey to me. not iei, not see. just not seeing those at all. I've been liking fi-iee.

and yeah she's very nice (:
    Aw, Kassie. You seem to know how to explain me better than I do! I suppose the biggest reasons I'm considering IEI again...is...that hkkmr and glam both see IEI. IEI was my initial typing for myself as well. But...mostly...EP temperament seems iffy to me...perhaps not. I dunno. And whether I favor Fe or Fi...I still question that a lot. So..I don't know. Like, for example...I've been hanging out with Daniel (potential SEE?) a bit lately, and in affairs of feeling and all, he is much more vocal than me. He's always telling me how he feels about me..and he's really gushy. Maybe he's not SEE. I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    IEI & SEI seem like reasonable typings, then again, you remind me a bit of Uni when it comes to the cuteness factor.
    Uni as in Uniden?

Marxist Ne’er-do-well Red Villain's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-SLI/ xNTJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel a "What the hell is " shitstorm coming on. HA! get it? probably not.
    "We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.".

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedVillain View Post
    I feel a "What the hell is " shitstorm coming on. HA! get it? probably not.
    Nah, either way I think or is my dominant function...which supposedly a person is less aware of, in a way. Right now I'm mostly trying to figure out my creative function in order to determine my dominant one..if that makes sense. I'm not too concerned with and right now...just and ...because if I figure that out, the perceiving function will fall into place.

Hopefully this won't develop into what you are talking about RedVillian..I've seen way too many threads where people are trying to explain to no end.. :/

But...I suppose....I am probably a serious type. I guess IEE fits. I just...need to meet some deltas around here...and see how that goes. I wonder where to find them..

Marxist Ne’er-do-well Red Villain's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-SLI/ xNTJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, either way I think or is my dominant function...which supposedly a person is less aware of, in a way. Right now I'm mostly trying to figure out my creative function in order to determine my dominant one..if that makes sense. I'm not too concerned with and right now...just and ...because if I figure that out, the perceiving function will fall into place.
    Just because both are intuitive IE's doesn't mean that the difference in attitude renders them at all similar. Put a dom next to a dom and not only will you see the difference but so will they, even if they haven't the slightest conception of socionics. I also find that assuming your self-discovery of the creative function will make the dominant function fall into place is pretty dumb.

Please, take solace in the fact that many go their entire lives without discovering their type and many more go mad in the process.
    "We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.".

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

its all opinions. you will find no peace looking for the right answer. just go with what you want. I'll see you as iee regardless but who cares

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just because the both are intuitive IE's doesn't mean that the difference in attitude renders them at all similar. Put a dom next to a dom and not only will you see the difference but so will they, even if they haven't the slightest conception of socionics. I also find that assuming your self-discovery of the creative function will make the dominant function fall into place.

Please, take solace in the fact that many go their entire lives without discovering their type and many more go mad in the process.
    Oh, I'm not saying an IEE is similar to an EIE..or anything of the sort. I'm just saying..considering I'm a XP temperament feeling type, and I'm having a harder time figuring out vs , I figure I should focus on the creative function, since it is more visible. The thing is..that really puzzles me...is probably abour 4-5 years ago, I was very much "IEI"-ish..but..now...I don't know. I suppose since people I've met in real life from the forum typed me IEI, it seemed more significant..than how I portray myself here.

I've already gone mad.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@fenryrr
    The problem with trying to figure out your type based on figuring out your creative is that for
    NeFi, Fe is still demonstrated via behaviors, and for
    NiFe, Fi is still demonstrated via behaviors.
    So if you're looking at the kinds of behaviors you do, you can easily confuse yourself.
    If your looking at which info you consciously attend to, you're still at risk of confusing yourself, because the demonstrative function is as strong as the base function, influences the base function, and thus can be a bit difficult to determine if it's mental or vital.

As for the base functions of each, each type has issues with the other's base element. Ni base types usually consider Ne types to be wasting time/energy and/or deliberately avoiding making/stating their 'real' decision/judgment. 'Ne is choosing to be this way.' While Ne base types usually get frustrated that the Ni types are jumping to conclusions based off too little information. (at least in terms of NeFi and NiFe)

If you really wanted to figure out your type 'based on your creative', then you'd do best if you take in what the creative elements actually mean. By this i mean that
    Fi creative also means Te HA, Ti polr, Fe demonstrative
    Fe creative also means Ti HA, Te polr, Fi demonstrative

Since the polr and HA are worlds apart in terms of preference, you'd have an easier time figuring out your creative element if you first figured out your polr vs HA.

(The other option is to consider if
    Mental statics with vital dynamcs fits better/worse than mental dynamics with vital statics, or vice versa. But that can be just as confusing for some.)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol. sigged.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I'm not saying an IEE is similar to an EIE..or anything of the sort. I'm just saying..considering I'm a XP temperament feeling type, and I'm having a harder time figuring out vs , I figure I should focus on the creative function, since it is more visible. The thing is..that really puzzles me...is probably abour 4-5 years ago, I was very much "IEI"-ish..but..now...I don't know. I suppose since people I've met in real life from the forum typed me IEI, it seemed more significant..than how I portray myself here.

I've already gone mad.
    I've no idea how you interpreted RedVillian's post as saying anything about EIE,
    But I wanted to say that according to the dimensions of the functions, both NeFi and FeNi ARE similar in that they both have
    4D Fe, Ne
    3D Fi, Ni
    2D Te, Se
    1D Ti, Si.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Upon reading this again, I think I typically do go the Ne route with that. I had a pretty busy day yesterday and that's all I did all day. "What if I arrive early to my interview? What do I do in the meantime if I am so I don't loiter around all awkward?" Then after my interview walking home: "Oh, Ben will be done with his test soon and I have time for lunch...maybe I should see if he wants to get lunch since I have an hour" "I need to get to my doctor's appointment. If I walk I need to leave soon. If my roommate can actually drop me off, I can relax for a bit." After the appointment: "If I walk home I can stop by Barberitos to finally eat (seeing as Ben was too busy earlier)." I guess when I know I have somewhere to go, I think about the different ways I can get there..and what each way means in terms of what I can do after I do what I need to do. This makes me seem really planningish. But I don't really...plan. It's more...consider the different opportunities and ways I can do things before they happen, but when that time comes to make that decision of which way I'm going to do things, I might even choose the one that makes less sense. I guess it kinda makes me think of walking on a path where there is a random garden thing that the path wraps around. As I approach it (if I notice it) I don't really plan which side around it I'm going to go, I just consider both sides as existing...perhaps consider the pros and cons (extremely insignificant ones in this case), and take whichever I feel like in the end. I often find I go around on the left when i finally approach the obstacle, even if I premeditiated I would go on the right..for some reason. This was a giant paragraph of...nothing. I'm sorry. Hehe.

Hehe, I've seen him around. I thought he was your brother?

Aw, Kassie. You seem to know how to explain me better than I do! I suppose the biggest reasons I'm considering IEI again...is...that hkkmr and glam both see IEI. IEI was my initial typing for myself as well. But...mostly...EP temperament seems iffy to me...perhaps not. I dunno. And whether I favor Fe or Fi...I still question that a lot. So..I don't know. Like, for example...I've been hanging out with Daniel (potential SEE?) a bit lately, and in affairs of feeling and all, he is much more vocal than me. He's always telling me how he feels about me..and he's really gushy. Maybe he's not SEE. I don't know.

Uni as in Uniden?
    yes its true

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

that sounds similar to my self-experience. i don't know how planned i come across though. maybe I'm Ne too

I think the problem here is that everyone can relate to things like eating lunch, and meeting someone for lunch because you have some time to kill.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am fairly certain I once made you cry in tinychat.

I would not choose IEI for you.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get off cam when I cry. But I don't remember talking to you on tinychat. O.o

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see you as a beta, really...

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

After meeting Fen she immediately came off as IEI, she has this way about her that is expressive but adaptive. Even in this thread, I think she takes a conciliatory role, adapting to the people she interacts with but unable to come to a conclusion.

It's possible she's IEE, but I don't really see it althrough my time with her was limited. I think she is definitely receptive to someone that is forceful and opinionated who could help her come to an understanding.

I would say the people she reminds me the most of are Glam/Starfall/esper.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    I would say the people she reminds me the most of are Glam/Starfall/esper.
    Not intending to derail this thread but whom do I remind you of?

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Not intending to derail this thread but whom do I remind you of?
    Absurd

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get off cam when I cry. But I don't remember talking to you on tinychat. O.o
    It was a really long time ago. It just stands out in my mind because I don't
    often make people cry via tinychat.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Absurd
    I'm not schizophrenic, then. Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrangea View Post
    It was a really long time ago. It just stands out in my mind because I don't
    often make people cry via tinychat.
    What medium do you prefer?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not schizophrenic, then. Makes sense.

What medium do you prefer?
    I prefer a more direct stimulus. In person, preferably. Somewhere where
    they can't just turn their camera off and hide their sorrow or rage quit.

I'm just kidding Poor phrasing but I knew I would be criticized for
    my vocabulary and word choice upon posting (;

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrangea View Post
    I'm just kidding Poor phrasing but I knew I would be criticized for my vocabulary and word choice upon posting (;
    Nah, I was just curious.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, I was just curious.
    To believe or not believe.

Banned
    TIM