Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will the real MD, please stand up

Creepy-Snaps

Default Will the real MD, please stand up

If I could be honest for one post, to clear the air, please hear me out.

I'm LSI. Maritsa correctly identified me as such last year, but let's face it, she doesn't have much credibility around here with her typings.

So Ryan comes along. Spoils my game. He's able to correctly identify me as LSI, and able to argue/convince others with rational, logical points. He wasn't the first person perceptive enough to see this, though.

Hkkmr made a bold stance last year. When everyone said 'MD is ESFj', hkkmr said that it seemed off, that somehow I came across as logical. At the time he put me as ESTj.

But the truth is, most all of you have noticed something is off with me. As Absurd and some of the Te-valuers put it simply, 'You believed you were this type before, this type now, so at some point you were lying to yourself.'

And I was. This was never done maliciously, to deceive any of you. I think it was my way of coping, of protecting my weakpoints, to try to be something I'm not. I'm sure it's something others can understand. If I may go 'hitta' now, and honestly pscyhoanalyze myself: (I'll be brief. I don't wish to share my whole life story.)

Growing up, I was quiet, shy, introverted, highly intelligent. My favorite subject was math, and I loved any puzzle game, chess etc. Sometimes I was made fun of for my intelligence. If not for being extremely competitive in sports, beating kids older than me in basketball, soccer, football, sprinting, etc, I would have been a complete nerd.

Two major psychological triggers: the private Christian school, and my parents' divorce. The Christian school placed strong values on ethics, and caring about other people. It was my mom's wish, also a strong Christian, to attend. The belief system/rules of living I grew up with were largely centered around Christianity. When my parents divorced at 10, with a shaky, unstable homelife, I think is when I resorted to being accepted in school by my peers.

In high school, I remember one guy saying something stupid once, and this girly girl saying, 'Aww!' very emphatically. I felt confused, I didn't understand why she would feel sympathy for this guy. It was at that time, I remember making a conscious effort to understand the emotions of others, even jokingly incorporating 'Aww' into my words. I denied my inner logic, and started subconsciously imitating expressive people. That, along with my Christian background, most certainly made me come across as 'ethical'.

Stories aside, I feel strong pressures to conform, and be accepted, ultimately cause me to type-change. I love the idea of constant improvement, and being able to change yourself, so I would constantly psychologically trick myself into thinking I'm something that I'm not. I did honestly believe I was LSE, ILE, SLE, ESE, LSI, IEE, etc. Just as I developed an outgoing personality, as part of being accepted, I could easily 'act' like any of the 16types. Like a chameleon. Again, was I doing it to purposefully be deceptive? No. I had a poor self-identity. No understanding of my real weaknesses.

What are my real weaknesses?
    1) Taking everything seriously.
    2) Coming across as paranoid.
    3) Not understanding other people's viewpoints/perspectives easily.

All of this points at Ne POLR.

Why did I come across as ESE so much? Again, part of it was my 1) acting in my outgoing, sociable mask and 2) my Christian upbringing. LSIs tend to argue to the death for the system they grew up with:

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=LSI
    "Common social roles

1. The policeman or referee who keeps a sharp eye on how well people are adhering to the rules and takes it upon himself to correct or punish deviants.
    2. The career bureaucrat or administrator who rises through the ranks of traditional administrative structures (government organs, large corporations, and other large, hierarchical structures), carefully performing his duties and winning in the long run."
    So, why did I type-change so frequently? Put it simply, for attention. As immature as that sounds. The past 2 years of my life have been rough, having been kicked out of my dad's house, then kicked out of my mom's house. I have a few true friends on the business team, but for the most part, I guess I feel lonely. Maybe it's just that I push people away still... unconfident in relationships, which also points at LSI. Posts like this aren't that far off:

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    I think that simply by observing MD's type shifting, one can get an idea (although mainly a hypothetical one) of the kind of person he is. Nonconformist, trying to outsmart and put himself above others, possibly narcissistic, unstable in matters of personal integrity and behavioral consistency, weak logical reasoning, tendency towards making unsubstantiated claims, misinterpretation (and as a byproduct - misrepresentation) of facts and static people qualities.
    So that’s where I’m at. This is horribly long already, so I’ll wrap this up.

Feel free to criticize. Like I said before, it makes me stronger. I’ve made many mistakes, and I’m sure many of you won’t care for this post. But at least I’m being honest now with who I am. And that’s a start.

I’m considering taking a break from the forum again. Maybe it might help clear my head. I know I’ve offended many of you again lately, and I apologize. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Get yourself a dual.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

get out

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol. Fe dom to Ti dom overnight. Lol.

You just don't know yourself very well.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m considering taking a break from the forum again. Maybe it might help clear my head. I know I’ve offended many of you again lately, and I apologize. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    i think its a great idea.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    No one is offended.
    If you stick with this typing, then fine. But my bet is that you change it again, and again. Not a huge deal--like I've said, I don't care what type anyone types themselves-- but you are sincerely the most frustrating person I've ever talked to on this forum, it's like I'm talking to a brick when I reply to anything you say, and when you reply to what I say-- speficially looking back at the thread you just closed and where Galen made an excellent observation. And no, I don't ask for clarification b/c I take it exactly as it is written, waste of time to ask everyone what the fuck they mean every time anyone says anything.

It seems to be a viscious cycle with you and I, and I'm probably always going to find you annoying. neither of us being a horrible person, but I wanted to bash ur head against something. so. that's all. au revoir.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

He knows himself very well, much more so than he makes it seem to all of us.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh mygod
    what thefuck
    is goingon
    mountaindew

???

Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone freeze. It can't see us if we stand still.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have always imagined Mountain Dew as being like a 1950's era Astronaut.

He is cheerful, seeking to be a role model, but also an adventurer who (by using the language of the future) is speaking out for the defense of the culture of his birth!

THAT IS A REAL LSI!!!

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI

LSI

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Oh my God just STOP.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, fuck you, man. Seriously. Just fuck yourself.

Do you really think anyone cares about your type anymore or might be dumb enough to believe that you are actually honest right now?
    Again, the transition from ENFp to ISTj (conflictor!) was made withing a few days. You don't understand anything about this typology system. Look for some other pastime, but stay the hell out of this forum.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You care about his type, and that isn't a nice things to say. If you didn't care, you wouldn't have opened this thread.
    -

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think a very real issue with self typing is the fact that many people are in denial about who they are. They might notice only the bad in the type discription. That is no reason to come down on them.

Denial is real.

It is what you do with your typing that matters. Understanding your real type should make everything else work. Not everybody wants to live inside the trajectory that their type forces onto them.

Everybody wants their Super ID to be what is most real about themselves. His Super ID is Fe suggestive and Ni mobilizing. We really see his need for Fe. All the Fe we see from Mountain Dew is called "Dual Seeking." That is to say, he wants to be around people who can produce Fe better than he can. He is looking for his dual, an EIE and his Semi Dual, the ESE, and so on. To find his dual, he acts like a "nighting gale" or "mocking bird" chirping his own weak version of Fe to see if it triggers an Fe dom to respond in kind.

Many saw that as Fe leading because this is a web forum. We do not see him in person to see his real character.

Suggestive stimulation should produce a feeling of serenity. If MD finds an EIE/ESE to hang with (or to become intimate with) the feeling of serene protection that SHE will provide HIM will reduce any and all neurotic tendencies MD displays. He was dual seeking with us because he needs serenity. Serenity is the consequence of confidence. He needs self confidence. The serenity that "HER" Fe will give him will make him more effective in all aspects of his life.

(He can get a male dual, but they work their magic much slower than the opposite sex type!)

MD is one good guy. We need eagar dudes like him.

- John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

lol

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I opened this thread because it's ridiculous. Posting here is like throwing popcorn at a circus freak.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    I opened this thread because it's ridiculous. Posting here is like throwing popcorn at a circus freak.
    lol dude calm down
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    lol dude calm down
    I'm cool, no worries.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    Watch this. It will cheer you up. Live and let live.

- John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    MD is one good guy. We need eagar dudes like him.
    Another for MD's eagerness.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're acting like type is absolutely real. Your personality you have now is as much of a fixation as the one you had previous, it's just that one of your layers has peeled away. Type is something transient and over time it should give way to no type. Type is really just a personal fixation. There is no lasting personal identity. Once you realize this, your personality changes, you stop doing socionics; because you should end up trying to live like an XXXx. Some people do try to hold on to their identities, but over time their personality starts to die a little until eventually they give up on them and either get very depressed and die miserable, or become highly religious and try to achieve XXXxness. Those are really the only two routes to go.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could so use a pair of nice warm boobies over my face right now. Thanks for that vid, Saber.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratremix View Post
    You're acting like type is absolutely real. Your personality you have now is as much of a fixation as the one you had previous, it's just that one of your layers has peeled away. Type is something transient and over time it should give way to no type. Type is really just a personal fixation. There is no lasting personal identity. Once you realize this, your personality changes, you stop doing socionics; because you should end up trying to live like an XXXx. Some people do try to hold on to their identities, but over time their personality starts to die a little until eventually they give up on them and either get very depressed and die miserable, or become highly religious and try to achieve XXXxness. Those are really the only two routes to go.
    Fixations are not an indication of a certain type?
    -

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take a break from the forum, Mountain Dew. Even if it's the case that you're in control of yourself and you are just ridiculing the internet, this is a huge waste of time. If you aren't, you're approaching histrionics, so again that break would be good.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Fixations are not an indication of a certain type?
    no, they are..

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To make a comparison I think is kinda apt, Mountain Dew really reminds me of Joy with the type changing stuff lol.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know I’ve offended many of you again lately, and I apologize.
    The word you're looking for is "annoyed".
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

As Absurd and some of the Te-valuers put it simply, 'You believed you were this type before, this type now, so at some point you were lying to yourself.
    I never said you were lying to yourself, I just found it hilarious. I didn't even have to go to see a comedy starring Mountain Dew, the Slayer of Socionics and pay for it. The cash left I'm going to throw out on some other comedy, starring some completely other different forum member.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

MD:

Nothing exists in a vacuum. Your identity is based more on how you line up with as many people as possible rather than who you individually think you are. When the two co-align, it should give you a sense of knowing and a small sense of peace. Not eternal satisfaction for anything, because such a thing just doesn't exist- we always want more. You have your own weird quirks like anybody else. If things are too fuzzy/consuming it just means that something isn't really connecting or clicking yet.

Socionics comes from word society, society rootbased, people's inevitable social role. Everybody gets typed, everybody gets categorized, because in groups people tend to fall in certain stereotypes- that are a reflection/part of who that person is. Some are more emotionally sensitive than most. Others are more aggressive, some are kind, some are really logical, some give all at once, some are good at providing others with material things, some are great with emotional support and an empathetic ear to listen to. Some are arrogant, complex, complicated, some are quite simple- everybody's different.

(rainbow)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please give me the balance sheet and income statement of your AMWAY business so that I can rip it apart and you can start your new ueber successful lyfe
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxi View Post

(Clint Eastwood interview)

LSI
    Clint Eastwood is more like SLI.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh, I'm not overly concerned about whether people agree with my typings of them. I'm more focused on trying to improve my own typings.

So far, my diagnosis remains the same, MD: you're probably IEE, possibly ESE.

I've noticed that types with weak Logic tend to have difficulty getting a solid understanding of logical theories like Socionics. And types with weak Intuition tend to be kind of bad at understanding what people (including themselves) are really like inside. Since these are the two main factors in socionics type diagnosis (understanding the theory and understanding people), we should not be surprised to find at least some people with very weak Logic and/or Intuition have difficulty figuring out their own type.
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    Eh, I'm not overly concerned about whether people agree with my typings of them. I'm more focused on trying to improve my own typings.
    you say this like there is no connection whatsoever between these two things. some people like dew have poor self-understanding but in general i think this is a really pompous and unproductive attitude.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kassie View Post
    you say this like there is no connection whatsoever between these two things. some people like dew have poor self-understanding but in general i think this is a really pompous and unproductive attitude.
    Ti types

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is that a Ti type thing?

kassie doesn't even understand what he is saying. Seriously, everyone is guilty of that. Some of you still type ESC as LII. I don't know how you can get so hung up on definitions and such and yet you have no problem attributing a general stance to half of the soicon. What a joke.

Anyway, in my case, I find it helpful to account for people's understanding of the theory as well (or in general) when I'm typing them. Probably why I give it a lot of time before I attempt to type them. Mountain Dew isn't an idiot, that much is obvious to me.

Marxist Ne’er-do-well Red Villain's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-SLI/ xNTJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MD, you're one of two things.

1.) The greatest troll to ever roam the internet

2.) an dom who doesn't know shit from fuck.
    "We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.".

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post

I've noticed that types with weak Logic tend to have difficulty getting a solid understanding of logical theories like Socionics. And types with weak Intuition tend to be kind of bad at understanding what people (including themselves) are really like inside. Since these are the two main factors in socionics type diagnosis (understanding the theory and understanding people), we should not be surprised to find at least some people with very weak Logic and/or Intuition have difficulty figuring out their own type.
    I can relate to your view on this, and you have said something similar previously, but it still feels a little biased, coming from an LII. We don't necessarily have to understand people in order to type them correctly. There are many ways of typing people. Socionics points to a phenomenon, types exist out there, and once you've learnt to see it you can type. But, yes, it takes time, especially for a sensor, because we rely more on building experience from the bottom up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast