Thread: New to this Stuff

TIM
    Si-SLI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New to this Stuff

Brand new to this forum and Socionics and I have no clue what my type is.

So help me figure this out, if ya wouldn't mind.

Edit- I'd give you a rundown on who I am, but I'm not really sure what you're lookin for.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

We're looking for how your mind works; so you can tell us about how you do things (planned, spontaneous, mix of both and if so towards what things and not); we're looking for what your mind is driven to do (experience things, read things, accumulate facts, analyze, synthesize, give your personal opinions on things). So start talking about what you do when.

In situations, do you expect the best, why?
    In situations, do you expect the worse, why?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HELLO. Answer these 12 questions and we will know your type:
    1: What are your personal thoughts about fat people?
    2: Do you like rap music?
    3: What is e=mc^2?
    4: Does your mother love you?
    5: Did your father try to help you?
    6: How is the economy doing?
    7: Do you have a life in any sense?
    8: Are you addicted to masturbation / taking pictures of yourself?
    9: Does your life mean anything?
    10: What do you think about the masses?
    11: Do you believe in aliens?
    12: Do you personally enjoy life?
    Last edited by rat1; 03-18-2012 at 09:41 PM.

TIM
    Si-SLI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    We're looking for how your mind works; so you can tell us about how you do things (planned, spontaneous, mix of both and if so towards what things and not);
    Hmm, I generally like to keep my options open and just do whatever whenever I feel like it. I don't ever plan more than a week ahead for anything. Pretty much anything more than a week away is a, "we'll see about it" kind of deal and even when I have something planned it's always subject to change....nothing is ever set in stone. When it comes down to doing stuff with other people though, I like to have some sort of general plan, mainly because when you don't things just wind up being a pain.

Example: "We're gonna catch the 5:30 viewing of this movie and then grab some dinner after...lets meet up at the front of the theater around 5:10." If the plan changes a million times I could care less...we could wind up spending the rest of the night at Disney for all I care, I just want everyone to be on the same page so we don't wind up having to call people to see where they're at/if they're coming, blah blah blah.

we're looking for what your mind is driven to do (experience things, read things, accumulate facts, analyze, synthesize, give your personal opinions on things)
    A mix between experiencing, accumulating facts and analyzing things. I'm pretty good with analyzing stuff. I'm good at figuring out how things work and improvising when they don't-mostly technical, hands on stuff.

I love fixing stuff that's broken and trying to pin what exactly is wrong with something. I'm also very good at adapting to changing circumstances, whether it be when I'm trying to fix something and something unexpected pops up or during a sport/video game when a strategy of mine gets countered. Example: If I find a strategy that works really well in a game, I'll continue using that until I either get bored of doing the same thing or someone shuts it down, and when it gets shut down I'm great at adapting to that and figuring out a different way to do things.

Adapting to changing circumstances/the unexpected is what keeps me going. Routine is drab.

As far as experiencing goes, I love anything that mixes intelligence and action. Things that not only require you to be on your toes physically, but also require some thought and strategy. Like Paintball, not only do you have to be quick, but you have to be smart about making your moves and choose just the right time to execute them. But action for the sake of action can be cool, too(skydiving, surfing, snowboarding). Definitely not discounting that. On a side note: If there isn't a mental side to something and I enjoy it, I'll usually somehow find a way to make it mentally stimulating for me. Not too often will I just go on a mindless action spree, although I do need that sometimes.

I love to travel too. I'm big on scenery and nature and I love sensory pleasures whether it be, lights, music, food, etc.

When it comes to collecting facts, I only collect facts about what matters to me. I don't need a bunch of worthless facts flooding my head about random crap(mainly why I sucked so much in school, I never really cared about anything they were trying to teach), but if I love something, I'll steadily increase my knowledge of it. I constantly gather information on things I like and I never really stop.

In situations, do you expect the best/worst, why?
    I expect whatever is realistic/makes sense to me.

Good enough?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yeah, Delta ST
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    Si-SLI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratremix View Post
    HELLO. Answer these 12 questions and we will know your type:
    1: What are your personal thoughts about fat people?
    They're fat.

2: Do you like rap music?
    Some.

3: What is e=mc^2?
    Heck if I know.

4: Does your mother love you?
    Why don't you ask her?

5: Did your father try to help you?
    With what?

6: How is the economy doing?
    Got about $30 in my wallet...so based on that, I'd say it sucks.

7: Do you have a life in any sense?
    Not really at the moment.

8: Are you addicted to masturbation / taking pictures of yourself?
    Not sure why that "/" is there, pretty much 2 separate questions. Nunya BINESS/No.

9: Does your life mean anything?
    To me, yup.

10: What do you think about the masses?
    Not big on crowds.

11: Do you believe in aliens?
    Couldn't say...probably not.

12: Do you personally enjoy life?
    Yup.

TIM
    Si-SLI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, Delta ST
    So what exactly does that mean? ISTp?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ok, let's make a distinction between ISTp and ESTj

ISTp is more geared towards and ESTj is more towards both utilize both functions; is more oriented towards external objective things, like constantly engaging with things, reading, watching, playing, doing, etc. and more towards taking in scenery and such and just feeling the serenity of certain vibes.
    -

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

She will rape you

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I come to you as a friend and I tell you this situation:

Mechman, I've been working at my job for 7 years with a boss who has a hard time trusting people and because of that he tends to break off relations and get people upset, but I've been able to put up with him; I made a major financial error that's going to cost us money, do you think he'll fire me?

What is your response?
    -

TIM
    Si-SLI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, let's make a distinction between ISTp and ESTj

ISTp is more geared towards and ESTj is more towards both utilize both functions; is more oriented towards external objective things, like constantly engaging with things, reading, watching, playing, doing, etc. and more towards taking in scenery and such and just feeling the serenity of certain vibes.
    I looked those up on wiki(such a reliable source....).

Basically it says,
    Te is efficiency of an action, technical processes, the accomplishment of work, the efficient and prudent use of resources, factual accuracy, and the acquisition of relevant and useful information. Te understands the difference between effective and ineffective behavior when performing a procedure or accomplishing a task, and aspires to increase the frequency of productive outcomes within a system.
    Si is responsible for perception of physical sensations; questions of comfort, coziness, and pleasure; and a sense of harmony and acclimation with one's environment (especially physical). Si understand how well a person or thing's behavior agrees with its nature as well as the differences between comfortable behaviors and positions and uncomfortable ones.
    I can relate to Si pretty well, kind of vague though.

Not really sure what to say about Te. I will say as far as Te goes, that I'm not really obsessed with efficiency. I mean, if I find a more efficient way to do something I'll do it that way, but I'm more concerned about getting something done than I am getting it done in the most efficient/productive way possible.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mechman View Post
    Not really sure what to say about Te. I will say as far as Te goes, that I'm not really obsessed with efficiency. I mean, if I find a more efficient way to do something I'll do it that way, but I'm more concerned about getting something done than I am getting it done in the most efficient/productive way possible.
    Well, it's when someone presents a more efficient method does a Te type agree to do it that way because it works better. They aren't obsessed with finding the best way of doing something to conserve energy; they are extraverts and expand energy in doing things.

Te observes how things work in an algorithmic way; Si observes their internal motions feelings regarding things. Again, Te is a judging function, it makes opinions of what it reads observes, etc.
    -

TIM
    Si-SLI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I come to you as a friend and I tell you this situation:

Mechman, I've been working at my job for 7 years with a boss who has a hard time trusting people and because of that he tends to break off relations and get people upset, but I've been able to put up with him; I made a major financial error that's going to cost us money, do you think he'll fire me?

What is your response?
    I don't really know the guy, so I couldn't say. Depends on a lot of different things, like his relationship with you, his trust towards you, how much money you costed the company, what kind of error you made, etc. A lot goes into figuring out whether or not he'd fire you. At most, I'd say it probably wouldn't blow over very well and if his trust issues are rooted real deep, he'd probably be hovering over your shoulder for awhile if he doesn't wind up firing you.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Good, sounds like you're more Te than Si; Te is also a process type, so what you described is a process of what might happen in algorithmic fashion as opposed to coming up with a result: he won't fire you.

LSE would say: He won't fire you because of this, this and this. This or these things are all external objective realities that leads one to make conclusions or judge a situation.

Which PoLR or vulnerable function do you better relate with?
    -

TIM
    Si-SLI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good, sounds like you're more Te than Si; Te is also a process type, so what you described is a process of what might happen in algorithmic fashion as opposed to coming up with a result: he won't fire you.

LSE would say: He won't fire you because of this, this and this. This or these things are all external objective realities that leads one to make conclusions or judge a situation.
    Wouldn't that make me an Extrovert though? I'm not a big people person. I generally like to fly solo or with a couple close friends.

TIM
    Si-SLI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Martisa33 Just to add to that, I'm reading up on ESTj's and they seem way more uptight than me. I'm generally pretty laid back. The description I'm reading now is talking about ESTj's ironing their clothes and stuff...I usually just pile them in a corner or something. I really don't mind some wrinkles.

It's talking about being well-mannered and all too. Social etiquette and whatnot. I always thought social etiquette was a bunch of bologna.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

E and I has nothing to do with preference about how many friends you want to hang around with; that's one big flaw in interpretation of those two orientations by MBTI. E and I has to do with whether your brain is oriented to seek external things (that may or may not include people) out or to interpret the things that are in your mind already.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Which polr or vulnerable function (4th function) do you better relate to as in here:

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=LSE

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=SLI
    -

Creepy-Snaps

Welcome, Mechman.

TIM
    Si-SLI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

E and I has nothing to do with preference about how many friends you want to hang around with; that's one big flaw in interpretation of those two orientations by MBTI. E and I has to do with whether your brain is oriented to seek external things (that may or may not include people) out or to interpret the things that are in your mind already.
    Doesn't everyone seek out external things? I mean how do you live without being connected to the external world? Having said that, I like to take the external world and generate my own internal thoughts of it. Subjective logic/independent thinking, I guess you could call it. I'm all about what makes sense to ME.

Btw, created a second post if you didn't see it, just above your last.

TIM
    Si-SLI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which polr or vulnerable function (4th function) do you better relate to as in here:

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=LSE

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=SLI
    I strongly relate to SLI's 4th function. I can't STAND people who get all emotional about stuff. CALM DOWN.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I saw it; and yes, it looks like you're SLI.
    -

TIM
    Si-SLI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw it; and yes, it looks like you're SLI.
    Is it common to have SLI ennegram type 5's?

I've been looking into the enneagram for awhile and while I'm not 100% certain, I'm pretty sure I'm a type 5.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't know anything about the E type, sorry.
    -

TIM
    Si-SLI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know anything about the E type, sorry.
    Well, thanks for the help.