TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Visual impressions.

I suspect this to do with weak ..

- Sometimes a person will hold eye contact with me to show they're interested & I briefly see their eyes but vaguely their face for the first time, and the look away. If I like them I'll start thinking about approaching them (developing a bit of a mental crush in that time) but when I see them again face-to-face they'll often look completely different than what I had imagined in my head & I get somewhat disorientated and upset. < this has happened about 3 times already. I even convinced myself I was seeing twins at one point, and at another time thought one person was different coworkers at the same workplace because of some day-to-day variance in outfit/ hairstyle.

- I bump into people on the street and at times I seriously can't figure out if they're a certain person I already know or a stranger I've never met before.

^ Is this the kind of thing an IEI might experience? Does anyone have an explanation for this? or am i just NTR strange lol

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Sometimes if I cannot fully see a person my mind will try to fill in the missing information, and then later, when I get a chance to get a full look at them, I find out that they don't look anything like I had imagined at first and that would startle me. Afaik this is not related to type or socionics IEs, but rather it's a general feature of the human mind (link). If I have already taken a look at someone, and then had to look away, my mental image does not get re-drafted, so if I look at them again I will see the same person I have seen before.

I see similarities between people easily, but it is rarely blurred to the point that I couldn't tell them apart. Though there have been 2 or 3 times that I can remember that I have mistaken someone for someone else. It's a different story in my dreams where people will often present to me as a hybrid of several individuals whom I might know irl, so that I cannot exactly tell who it is that I'm seeing.

my guess would be that it's NTR except may be your sensitivity to similarities

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    Sometimes if I cannot fully see a person my mind will try to fill in the missing information, and then later, when I get a chance to get a full look at them, I find out that they don't look anything like I had imagined at first and that would startle me. Afaik this is not related to type or socionics IEs, but rather it's a general feature of the human mind (link). If I have already taken a look at someone, and then had to look away, my mental image does not get re-drafted, so if I look at them again I will see the same person I have seen before.

I see similarities between people easily, but it is rarely blurred to the point that I couldn't tell them apart. Though there have been 2 or 3 times that I can remember that I have mistaken someone for someone else. It's a different story in my dreams where people will often present to me as a hybrid of several individuals whom I might know irl, so that I cannot exactly tell who it is that I'm seeing.

my guess would be that it's NTR except may be your sensitivity to similarities
    Thanks for the link, the bolded is exactly what I experience. I think it mainly has to to with some social anxiety I had then.... looking away too quickly when a stranger makes eye contact. Then being scared of them seeing me check them out that I don't get a proper look at them !

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diam0nd View Post
    Thanks for the link, the bolded is exactly what I experience. I think it mainly has to to with some social anxiety I had then.... looking away too quickly when a stranger makes eye contact. Then being scared of them seeing me check them out that I don't get a proper look at them !
    I get this in subway a lot, especially when it's crowded and I can't get a good look at people. Then I'd suddenly discover than an elderly gentleman possibly in his 60s with blondish hair who was sitting a few seats across was actually a woman in her 30s wearing a beige headpiece. What's disconcerting to realize is that the mind does that not only with visual data, but also to other kinds of information. Then you start wondering what else of what you believe is actually just a product of your own imagination.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- Sometimes a person will hold eye contact with me to show they're interested & I briefly see their eyes but vaguely their face for the first time, and the look away. If I like them I'll start thinking about approaching them (developing a bit of a mental crush in that time) but when I see them again face-to-face they'll often look completely different than what I had imagined in my head & I get somewhat disorientated and upset. < this has happened about 3 times already. I even convinced myself I was seeing twins at one point, and at another time thought one person was different coworkers at the same workplace because of some day-to-day variance in outfit/ hairstyle.

- I bump into people on the street and at times I seriously can't figure out if they're a certain person I already know or a stranger I've never met before.

^ Is this the kind of thing an IEI might experience? Does anyone have an explanation for this? or am i just NTR strange lol
    The IEIs I know often report being terrible with faces. Like most people are bad with names, but instead with faces. I think what your experiencing is just an exagerated case of being bad with faces. So I would say probably, but not necessarily.
    Easy Day

TIM
    IEI 4 sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    The IEIs I know often report being terrible with faces. Like most people are bad with names, but instead with faces. I think what your experiencing is just an exagerated case of being bad with faces. So I would say probably, but not necessarily.

yeah, not necessarily, because i am good with faces. and usually fairly good with names. i don't really think its very Se-lacking related.
    "If you can find out little melodies for yourself on the piano it is all very well. But if they come of themselves when you are not at the piano, then you have still greater reason to rejoice; for then the inner sense of music is astir in you. The fingers must make what the head wills, not vice versa."- Robert Schumann

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I remember most things, when you show me a pic of yourself I'm going to be able access it after 3 yrs and tell you what was the makeup of it. Surroundings as well. Providing I was somewhat interested to begin with.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually have problem with faces as well, but I'm good at remembering names and people usually say I have good memory because I remember the details they told me about them. It's sometimes embarassing, sometimes I think I know the person when in fact I don't (but I've already said hi). My quess would be that it has something to do with being visual or auditory. I suspect it might have something to do with types although I'm not sure.
    I once attented a lecture on which a guy explained why right hemisphere people should only get together with left hemisphere people. The way he explained it reminded me of S/N dichtomy but his system was much more simplified.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I'm introduced to people I often forget their names before handshaking is completed, but their faces and mannerisms are usually recalled vividly.

Marxist Ne’er-do-well Red Villain's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-SLI/ xNTJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually have to ask a person several times what there name is or I instantly forget it. If I don't converse with them I'll probably forget I've met them completely. By talking with them I can remember them by "Oh, that's Person X who believes in Stupidity Y" or something to that effect.
    "We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.".

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I went to a funeral for an aunt the other day and I was looking at her pictures struggling to remember. yesterday I saw a girl on the bus that I remembered going to high school with ten years ago even though I don't think we ever talked. so it really depends. on distinctiveness, maybe.

I am bad with names.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just gonna change this post to say that. . . stuff and things
    Last edited by JWC3; 03-30-2012 at 03:16 PM. Reason: I was prolly wrong, so i deleted the wrong part
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm good with faces, bad with names. Bad with matching the two. Might be NTR but I do know an SLE who doesn't forget faces OR names. Whether it's real people or movie stars or whomever. It always impresses me.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    all old white people look the same, especially middle aged white women.
    LOL!!!

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm bad with faces because I avoid making a lot of eye contact when I meet a person for fear of making them uncomfortable. So I don't get a look at the person. I had a massage therapist from Thailand who I swear would try to stare into my soul the entire time. It was not relaxing.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Baby! Haven't seen you around in awhile!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey redbaron! I pop in sporadically. This place is quieter than it used to be.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Creepy-pokeball

Beta rationals often have a piercing gaze. I have not really seen it so strong in other types.