Results 1 to 40 of 40

Thread: Typing people by their narrations - A developed version of VI

  1. #1
    Phthalate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    TIM
    ILE, E5 so/sx, INTP
    Posts
    291
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Typing people by their narrations - A developed version of VI

    Hopefully I explained enough in the videos:



    One thing I have to explain about this method: Don't feel like your day is not worth narrating if nothing really happened. As I said a bunch of times, it's not the what, but the how/why of things.

    Also, don't focus too much on making this video SUPER attractive, super flashy, or so. This is not a talent show, this is meant to aid people who are interested in typing you about your truest self. I'd actually be very turned off if you edited your own personal video, since it takes away from your natural self. This is the closest you can get to talking to a person from a forum in real life without the fear of being manipulated as much (... or meeting them, duh).



    PLEASE, feel free to post your videos down here below to test this way of typing people, or create your own threads to get more attention . I really don't care, but I'm curious as to how this works!
    ILE; INTP
    5w6 so; rcUe|I|;

  2. #2
    FoxOnStilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    TN
    TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Posts
    780
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I will do this!
    ....
    tomorrow!

  3. #3
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FoxOnStilts View Post
    I will do this!
    ....
    tomorrow!
    Exclaimation point = valuing
    Procastination = Irrational
    Attention Seeking = Extratim
    Interested in analysis = Logical

    =

    ILE

  4. #4
    Local Hero Saberstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Isle of Man
    TIM
    Robespierre
    Posts
    2,064
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I hear an accent - a Slavic accent! Perhaps it is Spanish. ??? Ah, wait, I asked you about your language on the thread about your sister. I am now guilty of the forum equivalent to thinking out loud!

    Brainstorm: You are Hispanic. You are really smart. You are an ENTp. The CEO of the Art Museum I work in is some type of Ne ego – either ENTp or INFj. He was born in Mexico City and has a PhD from the Sorbonne in France. I cannot type him. Maybe you can. Here is the link to the thread on him. (The PhD is in the philosophy of aesthetics.)

    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...31-Type-my-CEO

    I will eventually need to converse with the CEO for work issues. I want to brace myself for talking to the boss!

    Is he your identical?

    What do you think he is?

    Sorry for the derail! (Just imagine that it is part of your next 24 hour Narration!)

  5. #5
    Roro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    TIM
    6 sp
    Posts
    999
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    VI

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Here's how complex VI is:
    - Each dual-type has a different VI profile
    - this profile is heavily accented by the preferred conflict resolution style (out of eight), which gives 2048 VI variants
    - The DCNH type is accented on top of that.
    - Attitudinal characteristics entail their own VI variants
    - add in non-personality related hereditary characteristics.

    If you're gonna do it, by all means do it. But recognize the practical limits of your ability without funding. There are well over a million VI profiles out there, not counting ethnicity and race.

  7. #7
    FoxOnStilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    TN
    TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Posts
    780
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Exclaimation point = valuing
    Procastination = Irrational
    Attention Seeking = Extratim
    Interested in analysis = Logical

    =

    ILE
    Eh, okay. Okay. O---wait, how am I attention seeking. =( Pthmasturbate needed to know he isn't an idiot so I posted. Man. Never again (okay I do like a bit of attention but now everyone knows!)

    Sorry, video didn't post. HERE YOU GO

  8. #8
    Phthalate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    TIM
    ILE, E5 so/sx, INTP
    Posts
    291
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    I hear an accent - a Slavic accent! Perhaps it is Spanish. ??? Ah, wait, I asked you about your language on the thread about your sister. I am now guilty of the forum equivalent to thinking out loud!

    Brainstorm: You are Hispanic. You are really smart. You are an ENTp. The CEO of the Art Museum I work in is some type of Ne ego – either ENTp or INFj. He was born in Mexico City and has a PhD from the Sorbonne in France. I cannot type him. Maybe you can. Here is the link to the thread on him. (The PhD is in the philosophy of aesthetics.)

    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...31-Type-my-CEO

    I will eventually need to converse with the CEO for work issues. I want to brace myself for talking to the boss!

    Is he your identical?

    What do you think he is?

    Sorry for the derail! (Just imagine that it is part of your next 24 hour Narration!)
    The first video shows too little of him, and I hate when videos get trimmed off because they can project an image of the news station over the actual person. The third video, unfortunately, is private. So as far as the second one goes:

    Hahahaha he made me crack up with "second majority" thing. Quite clever. I love that type of humor.

    Ugh, this video ended up being a bit too short too, but I like him. I can't say I 'relate' to him because he is only talking about his job (one I'm not too familiar with). He seems to be quite charismatic and an interesting person, and this short answer made me want to go watch the full episode . I'm not sure I can type him based on the little info I have, but EII wouldn't be my first guess. ILE seems like an alright guess so far from the little he showed.

    As far as me goes: Great call. Yes, I am Hispanic, and I am actually from Mexico too (just like your CEO).
    ILE; INTP
    5w6 so; rcUe|I|;

  9. #9
    Quack quack Hemoglobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Australia
    TIM
    LSI- Se 6w5
    Posts
    241
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Muffin... did I get linked here because you want me to do it?

  10. #10
    Phthalate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    TIM
    ILE, E5 so/sx, INTP
    Posts
    291
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Muffin... did I get linked here because you want me to do it?
    ILE; INTP
    5w6 so; rcUe|I|;

  11. #11
    Quack quack Hemoglobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Australia
    TIM
    LSI- Se 6w5
    Posts
    241
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phthalate View Post
    QUIET PUTA!



    Man I hate not working with actual questions....

    This was done in one take because I didn't have time to redo it or play around with it as I am on a short lunch break.

  12. #12
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hemo, you look like my cousin: Yes, I type her SEI

    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 03-15-2012 at 05:01 AM.

  13. #13
    Quack quack Hemoglobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Australia
    TIM
    LSI- Se 6w5
    Posts
    241
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Hemo, you look like my cousin: Yes, I type her SEI

    So me loving @phthalate isn't so wrong after all huh?

  14. #14
    Dallas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    San Diego State University
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    Here we go.

  15. #15
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Hey I'm from Austin to... =p, but I'm not a chicka =(, either way I'll watch your videos when my firefox plugin container isn't 700 MEGs.

  16. #16
    Quack quack Hemoglobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Australia
    TIM
    LSI- Se 6w5
    Posts
    241
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas View Post

    *video*

    Here we go.
    I really love that you didn't edit the video...

    Felt kind of voyeuristic.

  17. #17
    Dallas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    San Diego State University
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    I really love that you didn't edit the video...

    Felt kind of voyeuristic.
    I felt like editing it would take away from the authenticity.

  18. #18
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    VI only works when you compare two or more people of the same type.

  19. #19
    Phthalate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    TIM
    ILE, E5 so/sx, INTP
    Posts
    291
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    VI only works when you compare two or more people of the same type.
    This is one of the most absurd things I have ever heard.

    This is comparative logic, and any of the arguments falls apart when the premise is wrong. If you are wrong about the person you are basing it off, then you are wrong about EVERYTHING else.
    ILE; INTP
    5w6 so; rcUe|I|;

  20. #20
    Generator of Irony HandiAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Massachusetts
    TIM
    Irrelevant
    Posts
    484
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sure! Why not?

    Last edited by HandiAce; 03-17-2012 at 10:53 PM.

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    TIM
    9w1
    Posts
    2,774
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hiiiiiiiiiiiii there <3

  22. #22
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phthalate View Post
    This is one of the most absurd things I have ever heard.

    This is comparative logic, and any of the arguments falls apart when the premise is wrong. If you are wrong about the person you are basing it off, then you are wrong about EVERYTHING else.
    I was being sarcastic/derisive.

  23. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bay Area, Ca.
    TIM
    ISTP Se-LSI 6w5cp sx
    Posts
    693
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I wonder if you're all sucking each other's dicks. HTG, you people can be goddamn disgusting. I can validate myself.

  24. #24
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    You sure you're not ESFj, Phythalate?

  25. #25
    Valkyrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    TIM
    Ti(NeSi)Fe
    Posts
    47
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I believe he's: NeFi

    He definitely has the buoyancy and scatter-brainness of Ne dominance.
    He has a lot of energy and momentum both to his thoughts and the way his body sways and bobbles.
    And the way he speaks is very off-handed and blunt, mixed with a bit of sassyness, in a way that
    I've seen multiple times in aux-Fi, tert-Te users.

  26. #26
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    I believe he's: NeFi

    He definitely has the buoyancy and scatter-brainness of Ne dominance.
    He has a lot of energy and momentum both to his thoughts and the way his body sways and bobbles.
    And the way he speaks is very off-handed and blunt, mixed with a bit of sassyness, in a way that
    I've seen multiple times in aux-Fi, tert-Te users.
    According to the members' typing thread, you have him as IEE; yet you're talking about aux-Fi and tert-Te, which are very much MBTI/JCF terms. Which model and definitions are you using?
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  27. #27
    Valkyrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    TIM
    Ti(NeSi)Fe
    Posts
    47
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Errr...
    Right. I keep forgetting some things don't cross-over. c.c
    I believe him to be Ne(FiTe)Si, what would that translate into socionics?

    To explain further, the FiTe are a pair of inner functions which work together.
    And Ne-Si are another pair at the polar ends of the psyche, but which also work together.

  28. #28
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    My contribution.
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  29. #29
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    Errr...
    Right. I keep forgetting some things don't cross-over. c.c
    believe him to be Ne(FiTe)Si, what would that translate into socionics?
    Depends on what you mean by Ne, Fi, Te, and Si. The definitions vary between the systems, and I don't know which one you're working with. Also, the models are different; inferior function (Si for ENFP) is not the same as Point of Least Resistance (Ti, or , for IEE).
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  30. #30
    escaping anndelise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    WA
    TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Posts
    6,320
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I wanted to support the OP's thread back when it started, but got distracted and forgot about it. Coupled with the then inability to see videos that were posted. But now I can see people's videos. Adding in my day's narration, but not VI. The beginning of the video tells why no VI. Please don't quote, might get deleted. Lotsa getting sidetracked and incomplete thoughts, lol. Also, apologies for the voice pitch, it gets higher when trying to talk over rain.

    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

  31. #31
    not a bumblebee octo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Posts
    2,744
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FoxOnStilts View Post
    Eh, okay. Okay. O---wait, how am I attention seeking. =( Pthmasturbate needed to know he isn't an idiot so I posted. Man. Never again (okay I do like a bit of attention but now everyone knows!)
    Omg Fox, you are adorable. You remind me a lot of a female LII friend, but bouncier
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

  32. #32
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    u..mim..
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 05-22-2012 at 07:07 AM.

  33. #33
    stray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    864
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I wouldn't know how to narrate anything in the first place.

  34. #34
    Generator of Irony HandiAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Massachusetts
    TIM
    Irrelevant
    Posts
    484
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post


    My contribution.
    Wait a minute. You're Lysethe from PerN? WTF!

  35. #35
    Killer of DJA's Fun fen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Posts
    1,148
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm gonna do this when I'm not hungover and carsick.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.


  36. #36
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HandiAce View Post
    Wait a minute. You're Lysethe from PerN? WTF!
    Yus. That surprising?
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  37. #37
    Neural wonderchild Aivonaima's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    TIM
    IEI-Fe e4 458 Sx
    Posts
    272
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This thread is fun ^-^

    "Use every ounce of potential you have, raise revolution against what people expect of you, and tell the world this is not a rehearsal. This is the real me. And listen up, ‘cause it could be the most honest incarnation yet."

  38. #38
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ok Anndelise, for an explanation of my typing of you as SEE type, please refer to "your typing of forum members" thread; thanks.

  39. #39
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phthalate View Post
    Lmao great photo
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  40. #40
    Phthalate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    TIM
    ILE, E5 so/sx, INTP
    Posts
    291
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    You sure you're not ESFj, Phythalate?
    What makes you think so?
    ILE; INTP
    5w6 so; rcUe|I|;

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •