Thread: my dad is IEI and not SEI

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default my dad is IEI and not SEI

So for all of the posts I've written about him being SEI, I was wrong.

I don't know why I didn't see it before. The other day it just hit me over the head how *obviously* IEI he is. Kinda ridiculous. I'm embarrassed. My apologies.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My sister is IEI, I'm sorry.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh, no need for a red face. My initial typing for my mom was incorrect and I've idly vacillated between quasi-identicals outside my first-guess quadra since then. There's nothing in her qualities or our relationship that can't be easily explained without socionics, and I prefer to view her as an actual human participating in this world instead of as a dehumanized collection of traits that exist only in relation to some foreigners' reductionist caricatures. Even though I'm fairly sure which quadra she fits best now, there's no real need for me to categorize her more precisely than as the my-mom type.

Creepy-Snaps

When we are you young, and our parents are ridiculous, they are in the opposite quadra of us. As we age, and become wise, it becomes clear that our parents are in the same quadra as us.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    When we are you young, and our parents are ridiculous, they are in the opposite quadra of us. As we age, and become wise, it becomes clear that our parents are in the same quadra as us.
    No.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    So for all of the posts I've written about him being SEI, I was wrong.

I don't know why I didn't see it before. The other day it just hit me over the head how *obviously* IEI he is. Kinda ridiculous. I'm embarrassed. My apologies.
    But we trusted you! Luckily, I try to base my trust wisely on the ones willing to admit that they were wrong.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It happens. I'm always second-guessing my mom's type before settling back on my original idea. It should ideally be easier to type your parents because you've known them for so long and so well in theory. In practice, it's harder because you only see the parental side of them, and, having known them for so long, see a multitude of types fitting.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol typing parents is hard. I've typed my mom as LSE, EII, ESE, IEE, and Fi PoLR. I've typed my dad as SLI or SEI.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ekpyrosos View Post
    Eh, no need for a red face. My initial typing for my mom was incorrect and I've idly vacillated between quasi-identicals outside my first-guess quadra since then. There's nothing in her qualities or our relationship that can't be easily explained without socionics, and I prefer to view her as an actual human participating in this world instead of as a dehumanized collection of traits that exist only in relation to some foreigners' reductionist caricatures. Even though I'm fairly sure which quadra she fits best now, there's no real need for me to categorize her more precisely than as the my-mom type.
    What type is she?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    lol typing parents is hard. I've typed my mom as LSE, EII, ESE, IEE, and Fi PoLR. I've typed my dad as SLI or SEI.
    thanks Mune! I feel a little better now. I think the relationship one has with one's parents can make it harder than it otherwise might be.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you know? I <3 real life examples of everything so do tell. please.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm what happened to my post?...
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your dad is IEI, then what is your mother? Are they not semi-duals anymore?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mother is IEE. I originally (years ago) thought her to be EII since she comes off as introverted. But I realized over time that she's Ne dominant.

My dad is conflict avoidant (ahem, much like myself but even more so), loves to eat, adores animals, just all of those stereotypically SEI things. But I realized that he daydreams a lot, he doesn't remember where he parked (and it's always been that way, not just since he's gotten older), doesn't mind a messy house, has his projects all over the room (like me), he's wistful and I feel that he longs for Se and not Ne. My sister-in-law is SLE and he loves it when she's around. I can audibly hear him sighing with near-amazement when she says something he hadn't thought of before, or leads the family on an expedition.

He's also interested in everything--so I used to think that meant oh, he likes science, so he's Ne-seeking. And it's true, the new ideas and random things do appeal to him. But not in the same deep-reaching way that action does. He's also horribly unorganized like me, all art has to have some memory attached to it, some deeper meaning. I should do a VI thread maybe because his eyes are so soft and tend to glaze over easily like he's in his head rather than in the world. I feel like he's got a Ni gaze although there's one of filatova's SEI pictures that also looks just like him. I also think he doesn't mind a messy house or messy clothes the way a Si-dominant might. I used to think he was more detail oriented because he was a choral director and he was a perfectionist but now I think he's more of a big-picture person, overall, and that while he cares about the details, they're harder for him to manage.