Thread: sensor envy, what is the cure?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default sensor envy, what is the cure?

I have sensor envy. I don't mind being an introvert, I love being a feeler, and being a perceiver is cool - like 'chill man just going with the flow!' but my intuition annoys me at times. It's always on and it's always so strong. I look at my mom and how sensor her eyes are, they are so innocent in ways, it's like she's more caring than me in many ways. When something needs to be done SHE JUST FUCKING DOES IT. She may not want to but she doesn't have to analyze in her head about it or see it w/insight. well that's kinda a combination of her extroversion AND her sensing.

and being around sensing people is relaxing to me in a way like balancing, they aren't really judging me so critically in their brains and instead they just are trying to enjoy me. An intuitive person can be nice, enfps are nice but even they have the prickly insight thing going on. It's like this sort of disconnection from raw tactile tangible processes. And it's like one time this person tried to help me and a sensor was really nice about it and this another intuitive person came in and wanted me to sociopathically make fun of the person with them. I actually enjoy doing this but I thought at that time they were being too harsh, it's like intuitive types have this sociopathic disconnect too often. SENSING FOR THE WIN.

((yeah I'm mbti-izing things or whatever but you know I'm right))

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Endlessly analyzing instead of actually doing shit is a problem for me also.
    The cure for envy is realizing that not only there are people who value your information but it is actually valuable. Naturally the value is not actualized if you don't act on or share the information. The way to get more active, is to get more confident with your strengths. So you need to figure out exactly what do you see better than other people, and then to capitalize on that. Recognizing people that don't benefit from your information also helps.

I have moral awareness even at times of emotional disconnection. At the end of the day they it is important that you behave right not that you feel empathy while you do it.
    And even if as Ni base you don't constantly have that awareness because you go along with your imagination, your behavior can and should be guided by more stable beliefs and norms.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    And it's like one time this person tried to help me and a sensor was really nice about it and this another intuitive person came in and wanted me to sociopathically make fun of the person with them. I actually enjoy doing this but I thought at that time they were being too harsh, it's like intuitive types have this sociopathic disconnect too often. SENSING FOR THE WIN.
    So you're basing your opinion of ALL intuitives off of the behavior of one insulting intuitive who liked to make fun of other people?

Have you thought, maybe sensors appreciate intuitives? Maybe other people appreciate that disconnect you describe? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

If there's something you don't like about yourself, why not change it? What's holding you back?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    So you're basing your opinion of ALL intuitives off of the behavior of one insulting intuitive who liked to make fun of other people?
    BulletsAndDoves mentioned a minimum of 3 intuitives. 1) Nice enfp(s) 2) Some asshole 3) himself - which he arguably has a lot of insight in.. He also said that intuitives can be nice.
    Your comment is a bit of a miss.

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem probably has to do with you and is not your type. I day dream all day, over analyze and contemplate about things a lot, am in my head and don't take notice of the things around me often. The only difference is, im fine with it up until a point, once that point is reached I want to turn my thoughts into reality..which is why I prefer action.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very relatable. I like Ne better than any other function tho but having a sensing function as PolR isn't funny. Perceiving types are also cooler than judging, but what can you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have sensor envy. I don't mind being an introvert, I love being a feeler, and being a perceiver is cool - like 'chill man just going with the flow!' but my intuition annoys me at times. It's always on and it's always so strong. I look at my mom and how sensor her eyes are, they are so innocent in ways, it's like she's more caring than me in many ways. When something needs to be done SHE JUST FUCKING DOES IT. She may not want to but she doesn't have to analyze in her head about it or see it w/insight. well that's kinda a combination of her extroversion AND her sensing.

and being around sensing people is relaxing to me in a way like balancing, they aren't really judging me so critically in their brains and instead they just are trying to enjoy me. An intuitive person can be nice, enfps are nice but even they have the prickly insight thing going on. It's like this sort of disconnection from raw tactile tangible processes. And it's like one time this person tried to help me and a sensor was really nice about it and this another intuitive person came in and wanted me to sociopathically make fun of the person with them. I actually enjoy doing this but I thought at that time they were being too harsh, it's like intuitive types have this sociopathic disconnect too often. SENSING FOR THE WIN.

((yeah I'm mbti-izing things or whatever but you know I'm right))
    Thanks B&D. My best friends are Intuits. They see ahead and around corners too. I don't think you would trade. It is nice to live in the moment and not get too wrapped up in possibilities that will probably never happen, but Sensors are at their best in the company of Intuitives. I can't count the number of times my Intuition Guides have steered me in the right direction. So don't envy your Sensors, just keep them close.
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

Creepy-female

Sammy I bet you made this just to give sensors a boost. MWAH.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It is nice to live in the moment and not get too wrapped up in possibilities that will probably never happen, but Sensors are at their best in the company of Intuitives. I can't count the number of times my Intuition Guides have steered me in the right direction. So don't envy your Sensors, just keep them close.
    Good advice thanks.

Sammy I bet you made this just to give sensors a boost. MWAH.
    Yeah, most of my posts are about buffing you because I love you so much. I know it's gay. You have my heart so don't hurt me. (lololol)

The problem probably has to do with you and is not your type.
    I don't think it's about right or wrong or a problem with me. It's just how people are. Obviously some people are sensors and some people intuit, just like some people are extroversion/introversion. People's personality quirks are just interesting to me. I already know types are silly and lame, but I still think there's something to them that's interesting. I think the personality effects people have are subtle, but I can pretend to be an INTj and give my mom Ti although it's unnatural.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The cure for envy is realizing that not only there are people who value your information but it is actually valuable.
    Yeah, sometimes I get low self-esteem and get really insecure for not being good at certain things. It's like I will try something new, like people are being encouraging like 'You can do it' but I try to do it, and I fall flat on my face in a very embarrassing way. And then I'm like 'well I tried to do it but it just didn't suit me.' It's kind of silly to be that way though, I can only try to improve my strengths and work hard on things I'm naturally good at, like Ni-ego writing. I am SUPER GOOD AT THAT. In a way that makes everybody orgasm, I shouldn't get so hung up on my flaws and insecurities. Thank you sweetie.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I look at... how sensor his/her eyes are, they are so innocent in ways.
    I paraphrased that part, and it describes how I feel about sensors at times. You phrased poetically something that I haven't been able to put into words, as gay as that sounds.

Creepy-pokeball

Ive never had "sensory envy", but youre a 9 and I'm a 7, which probably makes a huge difference.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae View Post
    Ive never had "sensory envy", but youre a 9 and I'm a 7, which probably makes a huge difference.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agarina View Post
    Perceiving types are also cooler than judging, but what can you do.
    Nuh uh

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

B&D wishes he were a sensor...don't you all?
    Though if you think about it, a world of sensors would be pretty hum-drum. Gotta have some of you triangles around.

Sometimes I've wished to be introverted. But I like being a logical sensory rational. And I don't want to be beta. So I'll stick with extroversion. I understand introversion does have its drawbacks, though not as many as being ethical. Understanding people is nice and all, but not at the cost of being overly sensitive.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Do you have something to say?

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae View Post
    Do you have something to say?
    BnD is not a 9, or any withdrawn type (i.e. not 4, 5 or 9). Compare him to 9s like bg, mune, kam, poli, (maybe) guavadrunk; the vibe is entirely different.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh I'm not a 9

I agree B&D is a 4 tho

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Uh I'm not a 9
    Stop talking.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's understandable that you're kind of new at this, you need to know the person well enough before you understand their e-type and really get deep into their mental process

Here's a helpful and informative site http://ocean-moonshine.net/e14285736...position=12:12

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I envy sensors too, B&D. And I know what you mean about them seeming innocent, in a way. I feel grounded around them and valued. So I envy them, but at the same time I don't wish to BE them. I just wanna have them around me. I guess that's what Cyrano said. I was on a photo shoot the other day with a guy who I think is LSI or SLI. Anyway, I almost ran into poles and things on several occasions if he hadn't been there to say "hey, watch out!". LOL But like, I felt safe with him cause I relied on him to take care of those pesky details like where we were and where we were going, so that I could focus on the artistic part. And get this--he took 250 pictures. I took over 1000. But if he hadn't been there I would've spent half my time figuring out where I was and how to get there, etc.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

intuition is the last thing i'd want to give up. it would be like a complete lapse of my humanity to me. i like sensors but i don't feel anything remotely like envy towards them.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labocat View Post
    intuition is the last thing i'd want to give up. it would be like a complete lapse of my humanity to me. i like sensors but i don't feel anything remotely like envy towards them.
    Same for me. I also don't really run into poles or spend my day in bed, I mean, I don't think that's necessarily tied to intuition.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's understandable that you're kind of new at this, you need to know the person well enough before you understand their e-type and really get deep into their mental process
    I'm not really new to typology.

As I see it, your weaselly escapes every time you are cornered, your inability to engage in any sort of conflict (favoring mental peace over any momentary turbulence), lacking self-awareness to the point of constantly flip-flopping between types (a tendency also shared by 3s), as well as general detached indifference towards your surroundings (i.e. the rest of the forum) all seem to me to point towards 9.

I could be wrong, I've been wrong before, but this is where all the signs are leading to.
    Last edited by Radio; 03-09-2012 at 04:16 PM.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That makes little sense. Point towards an actual description. Whenever you say vaguely something like mental peace or lack of self-awareness, sounds like you're making up your own structure for a typing rather than following the actual type and description. That's what the link I gave you is for, because assuming you think a 9 describes me (which I have reason to doubt), seems you don't really know much about my thought process and are just assuming stuff.
    Last edited by 717495; 03-09-2012 at 04:31 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This is going to be good. Clash of the titans.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool. Glad you made it easier for you to read.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just because.

People of this personality type essentially feel a need for peace and harmony. They tend to avoid conflict at all costs, whether it be internal or interpersonal. As the potential for conflict in life is virtually ubiquitous, the Nine's desire to avoid it generally results in some degree of withdrawal from life, and many Nines are, in fact, introverted. Other Nines lead more active, social lives, but nevertheless remain to some to degree "checked out," or not fully involved, as if to insulate themselves from threats to their peace of mind.
    Nines frequently mistype themselves as they have a rather diffuse sense of their own identities. This is exacerbated by the fact that Nines often merge with their loved ones and through a process of identification take on the characteristics of those closest to them. Female Nines frequently mistype as Twos, especially if they are the mothers are small children. Nines, however, are self-effacing whereas Twos are quite aware of their own self worth. Nines also mistake themselves for Fours, but Nines tend to avoid negative emotions whereas Fours often exacerbate them.
    http://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/type9.php

We have called personality type Nine The Peacemaker because no type is more devoted to the quest for internal and external peace for themselves and others. They are typically “spiritual seekers” who have a great yearning for connection with the cosmos, as well as with other people. They work to maintain their peace of mind just as they work to establish peace and harmony in their world.
    We have sometimes called the Nine the crown of the Enneagram because it is at the top of the symbol and because it seems to include the whole of it. Nines can have the strength of Eights, the sense of fun and adventure of Sevens, the dutifulness of Sixes, the intellectualism of Fives, the creativity of Fours, the attractiveness of Threes, the generosity of Twos, and the idealism of Ones. However, what they generally do not have is a sense of really inhabiting themselves—a strong sense of their own identity.

Ironically, therefore, the only type the Nine is not like is the Nine itself. Being a separate self, an individual who must assert herself against others, is terrifying to Nines. They would rather melt into someone else or quietly follow their idyllic daydreams.
    http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/typenine.asp

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here, this is essentially a fruitful gaze into my life: http://ocean-moonshine.net/e14285736...position=31:31 or if you prefer, the shorter version http://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/type4.php

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    I could be wrong, I've been wrong before, this is where all the signs are leading to.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, but:

Whenever you say vaguely something like mental peace or lack of self-awareness, sounds like you're making up your own structure for a typing rather than following the actual type and description.
    And I showed you wrong. Yet you shift your position to stubbornly asserting your ill-informed conception of the types, so you can continue to uphold your precious worldview. Engaging you in discussion is like running into a wall repeatedly on purpose, so, I'm going to stop doing that now.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here, I'll clue you in a bit on my pricking. 'Seeking mental peace' or 'lacking self-awareness' are indeed vague in the context of enneagram as they could apply to any introvert. You've simply said these are some things that 'I think' (based on limited information about the essence of my character), which are more or less trivially frail convictions. Point being, showing these terms in the context of the descriptions' development is key, rather than them just being there which is obvious (that 9s are often like this). The actual problem is the description you've chosen to validate your assumptions doesn't actually elucidate a typing, it only blurs the issue.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a much more conclusive point:

They tend to avoid conflict at all costs, whether it be internal...as if to insulate themselves from threats to their peace of mind.

Nines frequently mistype themselves as they have a rather diffuse sense of their own identities.

However, what they generally do not have is a sense of really inhabiting themselves—a strong sense of their own identity.
    The figures you've brought up in your calculations seem to not hold up even by themselves.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really have the energy to walk you through the entire enneagram, so I'll advise you to read more and stop spewing bullshit.

Note: I deleted some spam posts from the thread.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm over here.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Radio Maritsa

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Radio Maritsa

Maritsa checking in! Radio is obviously an LSE and Poli is SEE. You can tell because they're not empathetic and joke too much whereas I am serious and follow a plan (not a schedule, however.) And they base their moral guidelines on whatever the group says is best, unlike me who is perfect and my ideas are internally motivated and the Most Right. I am the only EII ever.

next!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

roger

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)