Thread: Rosamund Pike

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rosamund Pike

Rosamund Mary Elizabeth Pike (born 27 January 1979) is a English actress. Her film roles include villainous Bond girl Miranda Frost in Die Another Day, Jane Bennet in Pride and Prejudice, Helen in An Education, Lisa in Made in Dagenham, Miriam Grant-Panofsky in Barney's Version and Kate Sumner in Johnny English Reborn.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever type she is, I kind of like her.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quotes (From: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au...mund_pike.html)

And I like the look on people's faces when I say I'm doing this movie called Pride and Prejudice and they kind of smile, and then I say I'm in a movie called Doom and they kind of do a double take and try and put the two things together. And they never quite manage to.
    Rosamund Pike

I think you tend to try, during the time you've got off, to forget about the film. It was such a total world. I mean, the sets were claustrophobic, and as soon as you were on there, you were right back into it.
    Rosamund Pike

I think, you know, as an actor we get these terribly sort of pretentious ideas in our heads. We try to take everything very seriously at first, you know, until we lighten up, we get onboard, and have a laugh.
    Rosamund Pike

I'd really love to live in New York for awhile. That's what I'm hoping to do.
    Rosamund Pike

I'm probably not going to play a junkie and that's OK because there are other people who will do it better.
    Rosamund Pike

I've been doing Pride and Prejudice all summer, so suddenly the chance to be holed up with a bunch of marines is quite attractive, and probably a necessary dose of male energy.
    Rosamund Pike

I've got friends who are pyrotechnics who do big fire shows, so I'm really fascinated by that.
    Rosamund Pike

In the original computer game of Doom, you not only have to kill things. You have to pulverise them.
    Rosamund Pike

It was in New York, and I've always wanted to film in New York. And the writer was a teenage friend of mine. We did youth theatre together when we were 16 and always had a dream of making a film together. And ten years later, we've done it. So it's great.
    Rosamund Pike

It's something that I am going over in my head about the whole video game thing, and whether you support violence by being in a film like this. I mean, to me, it's incredibly unreal and it's all about the action, and just explosions.
    Rosamund Pike

Nothing can teach you what it's like to work on a film set, and the best education there can be for an actor is to walk up the street and observe human nature.
    Rosamund Pike

The job of an actor is the same in all of them, really. I mean, you're just creating a character that you hope people will believe, so it doesn't make that much of a difference really.
    Rosamund Pike

The response to Pride has been so overwhelming. I mean, people have really loved it. And it's so rewarding because we had such a fun time making that film, and it was made with so much heart, that it's lovely that people seem to be responding in kind to that.
    Rosamund Pike

You can certainly keep a low public profile if you want to.
    Rosamund Pike

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why are a majority of BrainyQuotes quotes so dull? It's almost like some fanatic of whoever celebrity decided that everything the person says is gold that must be worthy of internet celebration, without paying any attention to if what's being said is even remotely evokative of anything.

"I'd really love to live in New York for awhile. That's what I'm hoping to do." Words to live by, I hope Ms. Pike's sentiments reach out to the whole human race someday.

She seems Fi something, probably Fi-INFj.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Why are a majority of BrainyQuotes quotes so dull? It's almost like some fanatic of whoever celebrity decided that everything the person says is gold that must be worthy of internet celebration, without paying any attention to if what's being said is even remotely evokative of anything.

"I'd really love to live in New York for awhile. That's what I'm hoping to do." Words to live by, I hope Ms. Pike's sentiments reach out to the whole human race someday.

She seems Fi something, probably Fi-INFj.
    I have considered Delta introvert, but I agree that she could be INFj as she seems more "emotionally receptive" compared to ISTps in general.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

INFP

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

IEE
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Q-Zar

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rosamund Pike

Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

INFP

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had thought Fi-INFj for a while.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeeeeah people replied to this thread awesome
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was a thread on her previously: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=Rosamund+Pike

Got curious and started reading some stuff about her.

Quotes from some Articles:

--Pike grew up in a middle-class London family. Her parents were college sweethearts, and she had a culturally rich upbringing, even if they weren’t financially rich. “I definitely found it hard to contain my feelings as a little girl,” she says. “Everything was big, and it still is.” She started to act at Oxford University, where she studied English literature. She paid for her tuition with TV jobs, including the BBC miniseries “Love in a Cold Climate,” directed by Tom Hooper. Pike is amused that people who meet her think she’s a posh, reserved Englishwoman. “I think I’m quite a wild person,” she says. “It’s fear of that which makes me come across as contained. Calm is something I’m fundamentally not.

--She’d often leave the “Gone Girl” set and play a game of ping-pong in the middle of the night or go for a swim. “Your adrenaline is surging, and it’s not making you rest,” Pike says. After Bond, she appeared in a sold-out West End play called “Hitchcock Blonde.*” “I was naked onstage for 10 minutes,” she says. The London theater gave her the range that films didn’t, especially in a production of “Hedda Gabler.” “It allowed me a freedom of aggression,” she explains.

*(
    Rosamund starred in Terry Johnson’s 2003 play at the Royal Court, Hitchcock Blonde, in which she appeared nude—in high heels—and described an orgasm to her husband. Not surprisingly, it was a tremendous hit, moving to the Lyric Theatre in London’s West End.)

--
    For Rosamund, part of the allure of acting is “the energy you see in someone right after a performance. When you grow up with performers, you see it. [...]Rosamund recalls what it was like when her mother drove her back to school after performing, and the energy in the car was palpable. “This sort of smell of the theater” clung to her mother, and it was “sexy and powerful,” especially against the stale ordinariness of school.
    David Fincher on her acting:

--Rosamund was someone that I had seen in four or five different movies over 10 years, and I never got a bead on her,” said Fincher, [...]. “I never got a sense of who she was. And I pride myself on being able to watch actors and sort of know instinctivly what their utility belt is, and I don’t have that with Rosamund. I didn’t know what she was building off of. There was an opacity there and it was interesting.

--
    What’s lovely about her,” Fincher says, “is she’s unquenchingly curious—that’s the greatest thing an actor can have. She comes across on-screen as the way she is in real life—a kind of approachability that people who are genetically blessed usually don’t [have]. They’ve seen a lot; they’ve heard a lot of opening lines. She’s someone who wants to get into the mud with you, but there’s no room in the mosh pit for her pedestal. If she sees you’re giving her contribution its due, she’s there for you. She will explore. She’s game.
    Last edited by Moonbeaux Rainfox; 03-28-2016 at 10:07 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gone Girl was a great film, and her work in it was inspired.

I thought she reminded me of an SEE with how receptive she was when she decided to be.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default Rosamund Pike

What type do you think she is?
    I'm thinking INTp mayyyybe?

-

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Gamma NT or Delta ST

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sienna View Post
    Gamma NT or Delta ST
    Thank you. I feel like she's your activity relations
    -