Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So This Is Where One Gets Abducted for Experimentation?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default So This Is Where One Gets Abducted for Experimentation?

Hi all, I am a member of other personality forums such as PersonalityCafe and PersonalityNation. Of all typology systems, I've come to be fascinated by Socionics the most.

In attempting to pinpoint my own Socionics type, I have been successful in narrowing my type down to the Delta quadrum. I might still consider alpha as well because both quadras value and

So a bit about myself. I am a fairly chillout person. I love thinking about certain ideas, even if they are not totally practical to the eyes of other people and love learning how things work. I like to get to the true essence of things rather than be faced with contradictions. My goal in life is to make a cheap, but healthy life for myself and to find some meaningful projects to work on that make some ideas in mind come to life.

Here are some photos of me at gatherings which never happen. I typically am by myself in my spare time in my room, on my computer, reading, or playing my guitar:

The one below with me in the red shirt was an exaggerated expression. I don't usually act that way, but I like it nonetheless.

Me minding my own mind and business:

I was in an unintentional photo bomb:

Here is a more recent one, it's a bit more depressing now that I look at it and I was trying to show a more neutral expression. Granted, I had only gotten out of a recently depressing period of my life where I didn't feel like anything was worth it after reading certain literature and trying to manage my own time with the obligations I had:

...and the most recent, neutral picture of me:

Here's a video of me answering a forum member's questionnaire not too long ago:

EDIT - That WAS actually a while ago! I mean... look at my hair! Ok, LAST year! Recent enough!
    Last edited by HandiAce; 03-05-2012 at 12:15 AM.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HandiAce View Post

I see a resemblance.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You've made a mistake, Ace.

But anyways, didn't you type yourself as ISFJ on PerC?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post

I see a resemblance.
    Is that you? If so, that might confirm me as a Delta. For me, Te is a weak function that I could use some guidance on.

@Aerorobyn Hi there! I don't feel like I made a mistake. I feel like the MBTI ISFJ does not capture the essence of my personality. I'm leaving MBTI alone for a bit.

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that you? If so, that might confirm me as a Delta. For me, Te is a weak function that I could use some guidance on.

@Aerorobyn Hi there! I don't feel like I made a mistake. I feel like the MBTI ISFJ does not capture the essence of my personality. I'm leaving MBTI alone for a bit.
    Lol at a man named Abbie. I went to high school with a girl named Christopher though. Shit happens. That's actually a picture of a supposed Delta NF.

Oh, you'll see what I mean about the mistake later on. But yeah, from what I know of you from PerC I could see you as Delta NF.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aerorobyn View Post
    Lol at a man named Abbie. I went to high school with a girl named Christopher though. Shit happens. That's actually a picture of a supposed Delta NF.

Oh, you'll see what I mean about the mistake later on. But yeah, from what I know of you from PerC I could see you as Delta NF.
    Sure why not? I'm judicious and serious enough. Just don't give me meaningless, boring poetry to read

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You also look like NewBorn Star - who claims to be an ESTp/

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

No. That's Galen, a male IEE. I'm a female LSE.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    You also look like NewBorn Star - who claims to be an ESTp/
    I don't see the resemblance there outside of them both being male with blond hair. Not even their blond hair is the same color of blond.

But I like delta NF as well. You don't look very alpha except in that picture that you said was over-exaggerated. I make expressions like that all of the time. Anyway, I went through your entire post and it wasn't until I got to the end that I realized how familiar you looked and looked at your username. Huzzah!

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I kinda see the resemblance, but that could just as easily be the hair. In any case, some XXXp could work, EP > IP. ENXp is my best bet atm.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like a cheerier version of two friends I type SLI. Dunno what positive value that has toward determining what infoz his brain likes to eat.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You look somewhat ISTp-ish from your pictures.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reminds me of Gilly and other ENXps. Not sure which one.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post

I see a resemblance.
    They both have long faces and hair. Completely different bone structure and mouths and eyes.

/2cents

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello everyone, I want to thank you all for pitching in.

At this moment, I am currently having difficulty figuring out whether I have or in my ego. As Aerorobyn mentioned, I have been typed under Jungian Cognitive Functions as an ISFJ. The main reason is because when I describe why I act and make decisions that I make, it revolves around my own comfort zone.

I am wondering what sort of questions I could answer that would point to a certain function in the ego?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you considered the opportunity of LII? Or SLI?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have considered SLI, but not LII. I see LII types being overly logical and nit-picky about what people are saying, but that's just me.
    Last edited by HandiAce; 03-08-2012 at 06:52 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

...overly logical and nit-picky about what people are saying, but that's just me.
    No, that's just me. I seem to be obsessed with semantics and punctuation.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    ILE, E5 so/sx, INTP
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm I'm going to go out in a limb and consider EII
    ILE; INTP
    5w6 so; rcUe|I|;

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phthalate View Post
    Hmmm I'm going to go out in a limb and consider EII
    Bitch that ain't no limb. That's a trunk if I ever seen one. Everyone important said 'Delta NF'. A limb would be ILI or SLE. GTFO.

TIM
    ILE, E5 so/sx, INTP
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FoxOnStilts View Post
    Bitch that ain't no limb. That's a trunk if I ever seen one. Everyone important said 'Delta NF'. A limb would be ILI or SLE. GTFO.
    ILE; INTP
    5w6 so; rcUe|I|;

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this moment, I am currently having difficulty figuring out whether I have or in my ego.

I am wondering what sort of questions I could answer that would point to a certain function in the ego?
    This uncertainty means your super-id block is fed really well. The questions to ask are - which of the 2 elements would you miss more if you moved to less pleasant environment, and which one of the 2 would you reliably produce yourself?

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A million zillion years ago I suggested ENFp on PerN.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Esaman View Post
    This uncertainty means your super-id block is fed really well. The questions to ask are - which of the 2 elements would you miss more if you moved to less pleasant environment, and which one of the 2 would you reliably produce yourself?
    This is a very good question. First, let me try and describe an unpleasant environment. When I think of environment, I think of a neighborhood and a place nearby that I work at for a job. Therefore, a less pleasant environment would be a bad neighborhood where I live around people that snap and shout at me for no good reason. I work someplace where I constantly have to interact with customers that I want to leave me alone.

So lets say I move to some unpleasant environment like the one described above due to financial issues, poop hitting the fan, etc. I would adapt somehow. I would avoid people I consider unpleasant or stay out of their way as often as possible. I would not give up my curiosity and intellect for some customer's needs (especially if they are needs the customer really does not need). People that are less threatening, unless they constantly criticized my less than adequate performance at a job I suck at, I would end up bugging the hell out of them because they are not smart enough to comprehend life beyond their meaningless surroundings. If I have to deal with people that might mug or rob my house, it might be a good time to lay some counter-traps

In all seriousness, the bottom line is, have a comfy place to sleep and reflect without intrusion, avoid demanding and aggressively threatening people, and find things to look forward to.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are an IEE - ENFp. To check, read the whole description of the type in wikisocion. If something doesn't fit bring it here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Were you dressed up as a scout up there? I did that for Halloween once

Vibe/VI threw SLE ILE and EII at me (so much for that lol). Watching your video I'm convinced you don't have Se in your ego and I could easily see Ne ego (nice helicopter dude ). From your description of your activities I lean EII, but I have a limited view and could see IEE all the same. Maybe LII. Probably not ILE; Fi POLR =/= the posted video. But again; I'm limited.

But beware of listening to us, lol. You know you best. Self deception can work for or against you here, with/without our help; I hope you have an objective look at yourself by the time you're done here

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Atlast View Post
    Were you dressed up as a scout up there? I did that for Halloween once
    Indeed I am! I've been told by quite a few people that I resemble his appearance very well; I'm slim and I used to run long distances pretty fast. So one Halloween night, I dressed up as the Scout! Personality-wise, I'm much different as you can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Esaman
    You are an IEE - ENFp. To check, read the whole description of the type in wikisocion. If something doesn't fit bring it here.
    This part does not fully fit:

"IEEs hate missing opportunities of any sort."

Obviously, it depends on what Wikisocion is referring to that are opportunities. Often, when I am presented with the option of going out to see a certain movie or something different, I often refuse to pursue the opportunity (but might regret it later!). I seek out specific flavors of information so my interests have been fairly constant over the years, but they are damn cool interests I'd say.

Also, the part of having so many different ideas at once is inaccurate. I usually generate a couple ideas that should become sacred and stick to them. The ideas, though, always start from a point observed in actual reality. I never doubted what reality showed me. NEVER. Hence, I don't really care so much about Ni's role.

The Fi description looks pretty good and so does Se. Ti as a PoLR is possible. Si looks good, but I would say I'm not always out of tune with my bodily sensations. Maybe only when I've delved into something profoundly interesting to me might I neglect them. Food and hunger significantly affects my mood.

The Te description is very good.

I find it funny how in one of the descriptions I've read, they describe IEEs as preserving their youth, especially in appearance. I look younger than I actually am and I've been told by people who haven't seen me in a while that I haven't changed in appearance. Guess that means I'll live longer!

I look younger than I actually am and I've been told by people who haven't seen me in a while that I haven't changed in appearance. Guess that means I'll live longer!

maybe it means that you will look younger while your internal organs will be wearing off at a normal pace.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxOnStilts View Post
    maaaan kill it with fire.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I seek out specific flavors of information so my interests have been fairly constant over the years, but they are damn cool interests I'd say.
    What are those flavors?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most recently, picking songs for musical performances, converting a certain video game into a modification for another video games. I like information that helps to confirm my thought processes and ideas.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most recently, picking songs for musical performances, converting a certain video game into a modification for another video games. I like information that helps to confirm my thought processes and ideas.
    You should read the description of the your proposed dual SLI. If it clicks, that would go to confirm type.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Esaman View Post
    You should read the description of the your proposed dual SLI. If it clicks, that would go to confirm type.
    Thanks for keeping up with me. I looked at the description for SLI and that one is also pretty good except for some parts of the Te description like this part:

"They have a good sense for how much their work is worth and whether something is a good deal or not. They have little problem giving up work that brings too little return for the time and effort invested."

I feel like this part of the description has been a bit of a problem area for me. I think it's more accurate to rephrase the last sentence as "They have big problems giving up work bringing too little return because of the amount of time and effort invested. In their eyes, the time and especially effort matters a lot to them and they will keep pushing until they can get more of something or when convinced enough by others that they are taking the wrong turn."

Fe as a PoLR could be possible because I tend to notice people getting worked up about interpersonal matters easily that don't bother me. However, I do have my own issues I can get worked up with, especially inTRApersonal ones.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HandiAce, your mannerisms are rather similar to the probably-SLI friend I told you about, so I'm sticking with that impression for now. However you're a recent arrival and haven't posted much, so I'll keep an open mind to new info as it appears.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the moment, I am going to confirm that I am a Ne and Si valuing type so I could be either an Alpha or a Delta type, but even that says a lot about me as a person. I am going to try and keep an open mind from here on in. I look forward to chatting with more members on here and tinychat

Marxist Ne’er-do-well Red Villain's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-SLI/ xNTJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why does Galen get two accounts!? I want two accounts!
    "We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.".

Marxist Ne’er-do-well Red Villain's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-SLI/ xNTJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the moment, I am going to confirm that I am a Ne and Si valuing type so I could be either an Alpha or a Delta type, but even that says a lot about me as a person. I am going to try and keep an open mind from here on in. I look forward to chatting with more members on here and tinychat
    Also, like Galen, Galen 2 goes to Delta quadra.
    "We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.".

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I have reason to suspect that I might be an LII (INTj). For starters, if I was to put myself in one of the four clubs, Pragmatists, Socials, Humanitarians, or Researchers, I'd naturally fall into the club of researchers. The LII even has the name Analyst which is a good name describing what I do for other people given I am competent in those areas.

From wikisocion:

"The LII naturally assesses statements, opinions, and actions in terms of conformance to certain principles."

I naturally assess statements, opinions, and actions in terms of how they conform to my own life experiences and interests.
    "These principles may in practice be rules of thumb based on experience, but LIIs will usually appeal to more general, self-evident reasons, if the need arises"

"The ESE [or the individual regardless of type] appreciates and praises their ability to take the information seriously, but the ESE will find funny ways of reminding the LII of how they are coming across when they seem more serious than they realize."
    I've grown not to be insulted by people that remind me of how I come across and I sometimes even don't realize how serious I am about everything. I sort of like it when people are amused by my mannerisms.

"Just because" is not in an LII's vocabulary."

"If there is a reason for something, the LII will probably want to find it. The LII strives to reduce things to their most essential aspects, and mentally recreate the whole from the bottom up. The LII's theoretical tendencies can often leave him out of touch with reality, and if unchecked may lead to abstract theories that make logical sense but have little bearing on the real world. "

Part of my life's story.

"He is often too concise for his own good."

Another part of my life's story.

"he sees many ways ordinary life could be changed to meet his vision of how things should be. Thus the LII is often seen by other more practically-minded types as naively idealistic. "

Life's story.

"Being a naturally private person, the LII finds it difficult to believe that others would be interested in what he is thinking or feeling at any given moment. He feels like something is not quite right if his interaction with the people around him is too aloof. However he only rarely makes an effort to venture into more open spheres, because he usually avoids making small talk, preferring to talk about his real interests and say only what he truly believes. "

Life's story.

" he easily becomes "addicted" to more pleasurable things, such as music, which have a corresponding effect on his mood (Fe). When left to his own devices, the LII tends to oscillate unhealthily between total indulgence of the senses and total neglect (the latter especially when working on something he feels to be extremely important). He tends to feel guilty for indulging in hedonism for the sake of hedonism. "

I've been typed under MBTI as an ISFJ. Even though I believe I am an Si-valuer, the above quote describes my attitude on Si-related values highly accurately. I tend to do things that are familiar to me when no one wants me to do anything in particular because I know they are easy to replicate, but indulging in those things I do does not result in a satisfying day. In fact, there is a lot of regret that I didn't do anything more constructive with my time such as learning something that helps me grow as a self-sufficient and frugal person.

"He is not likely to keep especially careful track of his finances, avoiding this by keeping his needs simple and constant. "

Hence my interest in frugality and avoiding insurance companies...

"The LII is a naturally cautious person, and never acts without considering the consequences in detail. This tendency sometimes prevents him from acting decisively—or at all. However, he tries not to be overly pessimistic about the consequences of others' actions, and only offers direct advice in this area if it is specifically requested. If something bad happens he is usually willing to forgive and move on without placing blame, re-establishing the course as subtly and smoothly as possible. While he tends to have very specific ideas about his general life principles and goals, he is basically indifferent as to their specific timeframe and implementation. "

Though I have made impulsive decisions before a long time ago, it probably had to do with how I was feeling at that particular moment and how uncomfortable or under-confident I felt about doing something. The above quote describes my nature very accurately plus I am very self-critical.

Any feedback would be appreciated...

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you don't seem rational in the socionics sense, i'd sooner buy ENTp > INTj. what do you think of that one?

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

IEE imo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast