Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: A few questions

  1. #1

    Default A few questions.

    *What types are more inclined to talk really really fast.
    *What types tend to be the most humble.
    *If you have a conversation with someone and at the end of it they haven't really revealed anything personal about the character is that weak Fi
    *If you are very aware of you bodily functions but ignore them because you to engrossed in what you are doing is that DS or Polr.

  2. #2
    ■■■■■■ Radio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,574
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Athww.

    Quote Originally Posted by Primus Sucks View Post
    *What types are more inclined to talk really really fast.
    Nervous people, people who have a lot of pent up energy, some extroverts; might be largely situational. Sometimes ENxp types because they're trying to keep up with the influx of their mental wanderings, sometimes ExFj types because they're trying to engross you in what they're saying, sometimes Ixxj types because they're on average more tense and want to let out their thoughts as fast as possible so they can go back to preserving energy, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Primus Sucks View Post
    *What types tend to be the most humble.
    Types with the most life experience.

    Pa3s mentioned a self-depreciating streak in Delta NFs, I don't know if you can call that humble however.

    Quote Originally Posted by Primus Sucks View Post
    *If you have a conversation with someone and at the end of it they haven't really revealed anything personal about the character is that weak Fi
    Could be.

    Quote Originally Posted by Primus Sucks View Post
    *If you are very aware of you bodily functions but ignore them because you to engrossed in what you are doing is that DS or Polr.
    Um, weak sensing in general maybe.

  3. #3
    Banned Jinxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    973
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    All extraverts talk faster than introverts.

  4. #4
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,728
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    *What types are more inclined to talk really really fast.
    Young people who know what they want to say before they say it.
    *What types tend to be the most humble.
    Se-PoLRs
    *If you have a conversation with someone and at the end of it they haven't really revealed anything personal about the character is that weak Fi
    NO
    *If you are very aware of you bodily functions but ignore them because you to engrossed in what you are doing is that DS or Polr.
    Possibly Se, but I've done that because I'm more Te than Si.

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  5. #5

    Default

    I had someone I know in mind when I asked the question about fast talkers.

    She's fast talking with a type of intensity like she can't get the words out fast enough very popular girl kind of flirty.

  6. #6
    Trevor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,860
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    *What types tend to be the most humble.
    Se-PoLRs
    You should definitely add ESI to this group. And perhaps some other type.

    And yes, when it comes to LIIs that are humble..it is to be attributed to their creative/polr functions rather than to their base function, because their base function is Ti, which errs heavily on the arrogant side.

  7. #7
    Trevor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,860
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxi View Post
    All extraverts talk faster than introverts.
    I wouldn't say all.

    But...

    ...my personal data suggests that Extroverts are more likely to talk fast.

    In fact, according to my personal data, Extroversion has to do with this a lot more than, for example, sex, or gender.

  8. #8
    Banned Jinxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    973
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Of course there are introverts that are well versed in public discourse. They've trained themselves speak faster, but extraverts can express themselves quickly and clearly without long pauses.

    Engaging in public discourse requires an extraverted function, so yeah.

  9. #9
    24601 ClownsandEntropy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Posts
    670
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    -Sadface- I didn't know we associated Ti with arrogance... Not that I disagree necessarily.

    People complain I talk too fast, but it still strikes me as an extrovert kind of thing: they have that kind of energy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •