"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How you view other types...

I think I've done this thread before, write a short description of how each type comes across to you, including your own.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Years ago, I did this for wikisocion. I should make a new list. A comparison could be interesting.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are general, there are plenty of exceptions I can think of to all of this...

ILE--initially they are sometimes obnoxious/strange, adventurous, sometimes immediately attractive, sharp/funny/powerful, "i feel safe around you"
    LII--awkward, adorable, beautiful minds (yes, I take aesthetic pleasure in an LII's mind), likes to see potential in others, sometimes passive-aggressive/overly rigid
    ESE--"I could get along with you!" "where do you get your energy and why the hell are you so neurotic"
    SEI--i don't know many

SLE--"i feel comfortable and protected around you," humorous/capable/attractive, outrageous in a good way
    LSI--"i want to make you laugh," extremely capable/perfectionist/admirable but also rigid, sometimes lacking in a certain kind of imagination
    EIE--very charming, capable, inspiring, go-getter, optimistic; sometimes ludicrous and/or abrasive; sometimes ridiculously dressed
    IEI--"let's be friends!!!" smart/interesting/charming/dark-humored/good at having adventures; in need of a forceful presence; beautiful conversationalists; sometimes extremely bitchy

LIE--"you're hot," smart/sharp/together, perfectly oiled minds, sometimes abrasive and/or hurtful to others without realizing
    ILI--"i respect you but i want to keep away," "you're not laughing at my jokes," i really am intrigued by the way they think about the world but something about them makes me keep my distance
    SEE--there are two types for me. the first, i find manipulative and i want to stay my distance. the other, i find to be really good people, a little bawdy, and though we don't agree on many things i like and respect them.
    ESI--perfectionist/rigid/traditional/judgmental, good art/fashion sense, a good person to have "on your side"

LSE--powerful/attractive/capable, quirky and likable but also too quick to condemn people they don't understand, sometimes manipulative in how they get people to do things (why can't they be more straightforward like the SLE?)
    SLI--"i can get along with you," good cooking buddy/camping buddy/museum buddy, really calmly capable, really reliable/good to their friends, sometimes oblivious about relationships and emotions and too stringent about morals that they don't fully understand
    IEE--"you're hot," adventurous/charming/interesting/imaginative,"nice" but often manipulative, sometimes anti-awkwardness to the point that they side-step important conversations, annoying in how they shut down Fe once their Ne lures it out
    EII--attractive, imaginative/brilliant/kind, sometimes too abstract in their thought process, sometimes judgmental, sometimes tries to save entire groups of people who don't want or need to be saved
    Last edited by lemontrees; 02-28-2012 at 07:24 PM.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ILE - At their best; loads of fun, charming, and unpredictable. At their worst; arrogant, stuffy, senseless, rigid, and chaotic in a manner I just don't get. Played music with a few; worked nice at first, blew apart at the seams violently in one case, and harmlessly and instantly in another.

SEI - Friendly, likeable, also loads of fun at times, and extremely confusing. I can't get them to focus, and they seem completely opposed to the entire notion. Nice to be around, though draining and bewildering if it goes on too long. Generally the loudest IP type, and by a very large margin.

ESE - Friendly, rigid, a bit of a "big brother/sister" vibe at times. My experiences here are limited...

LII - A bit on the goofy side. Often seem nervous around me, and I don't know how to fix it. I'm glad they get to write things so their ideas get out. A friend of mine in elementary school was Ne-LII and had the oddest sense of humor of anyone I know haha...

EIE - Really charismatic. Melodramatic in a way that I like a lot for some reason. Excellent conversations with them, feel like we can talk about everything...

LSI - A bit stiff and distant at first, but once we get to know each other, really fiery, lively, wild sense of humor! I feel a bit dumb around them from time to time...

SLE - We have great times together! Turns into a brofest of perpetually escalating volume and vulgarity if everything goes right, stopped only by "what the hell" moments at what the other person said, time restraints, or exhaustion.

IEI - I could listen to them all day. Incredibly smart. I have a few Ni-IEI buddies, and I'm glad I can hear them out when hardly anyone else does. We light a fire under each others' asses, and seem to be amazed by each other somehow...

SEE - Energetic! We get on great, and we can talk great with each other. We're horrible at keeping in touch though...

ILI - I could listen to them all day as well, and also, incredibly smart. I get more details to work with when we talk than with IEIs. I always end up doing things for/with them for some reason and taking on the projects as if they were my own; things just work when we're around...

LIE - Another brofest here! We usually motivate the shit out of each other, get in really in-depth and detail-heavy discussions and don't give a damn about anyone else in the area's general disinterest. Lots of the time we end up as workout buddies, and they tend to love my cooking.

ESI - Warm and fiery, kinda tend to jab and snap a bit, in a sense, which I find likeable and sometimes funny. Sometimes seem mad at me for reasons I can't quite comprehend, which I usually laugh off or something...

LSE - Friendly, dry, non-committally sarcastic; often seem like vast repositories of purposely disconnected information. Our musical tastes are usually extremely compatible half the way, and extremely incompatible the other half of the way.

EII - Timid, outwardly calm, though I expect them to explode at any given second. Once again, my experiences here are limited...

IEE - Friendly, jittery, nearly impossible to motivate, nearly impossible to comprehend. Burned too many times in relations with them across the board, and I get the impression they're never really happy around me...

SLI - Eccentric, likeable, a bit distant. Totally seem to do their own thing. We're a bit clumsy in conversations, but we like each other just fine...
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ILE: Clever and entertaining but usually difficult to understand or befriend.
    LII: Gets lost (in thought), barely speaks until the right topic is mentioned, and has a wild imagination that's usually hiding.
    ESE: Enthusiastic and all-inclusive but sometimes annoyingly controlling. Good people, but extended company is tiresome.
    SEI: Goofy, pleasure-loving teddy bears that play Barney songs when you press their belly button.

SLE: Evil. They're out to rule the world. Please stop them.
    LSI: Robotic. They won't say "Hi" until you do. Smart people.
    EIE: Great leaders who like mysticism and aren't good artists. They also tend to have little mustaches.
    IEI: Generally attractive but have totally skewed perceptions of reality.

LIE: Ruthless businessmen who don't understand how disgusting tofu is.
    ILI: Witty, shrewd procrastinators.
    SEE: The kind of people who would make good trainers. Pushy without being rude.
    ESI: Sarcastic sense of humor and unpredictable feelings.

LSE: Sensible, very dependable people and easy to understand.
    SLI: Sensible but quirky. Not very social but reliable if you're a friend.
    IEE: Very friendly, generally wishy-washy, often goofy, and need to stop taking everything personally.
    EII: Very nice people. Pleasant company and generally fun. Just easy to get along with.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE - Witty, awkward, geeky, almost always too distant/intrusive.

SEI - Relaxing, gentle, animal friendly(?!), aesthetic, light-hearted, silly, cute.

ESE - Do you have anything interesting to say or are you just filling an imagined social vacuum you experienced when no one said anything for 2 secs?

LII - People who can put it in a nutshell with fresh insight!

EIE - Things in your head seem rather interesting but shut up and relax.

LSI - Rigid people prone to small-mindedness

SLE - Face me with respect and I shall do the same. Then let's have a drink.

IEI - I'll protect you, you magical creature you.

SEE - Not a lot of experience.

ILI - Intelligent, distant and analytic.

LIE - Nerdy, tact, reasonable, but a bit stiff maybe.

ESI - I might admire your idiotic rage and the compassion it holds for your values but please..

LSE - Dry and awkwardly normal. As fuck. You don't entertain me. Unless you bring food or fix my shit.

EII - I respect your fine nyances but would you please tell me straight up front when you find me stepping on your fragile toes.
    Very good to have a meaningful chat if relationships are involved.

IEE - Your gentle wackiness usually delights the world-weary me.

SLI - Oh, I liked you but I didn't know you liked me too? Next time try showing it a bit more.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Perpetual Confusion Machine PistolShrimp's Avatar
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't really had experience with all of the types, so I'll just describe the ones I know in person.

ILE- Adorable and nerdy, with an off-color yet witty sense of humor. Sometimes completely tactless to hilarious effect. Optimistic and open-minded, full of interesting observations. Juvenile at times. Completely incapacitated by a good back or neck rub.
    LII- Intelligent and well-read. Fun to talk with. Ask lots of questions during conversation, sometimes too many. The type of person I'd play Magic: the Gathering or talk about Camus with.
    ESE- "Now tell us how you really feel." Exuberant people with good intentions. Can tend to be controlling and overly-dramatic. Chill out, please.
    SEI- Mild-mannered and ingratiating. Genuinely desire to help. Collect lots of knick-knacks. Can be subtly manipulative and prone to spurts of passive-aggression and guilt-tripping.

SLE- Determined and strong. Street-smart and wise. Can be stubborn and moody, need to get stuff done RIGHT NOW OR ELSE at inopportune times like Christmas morning or after the death of a relative. Soft and fuzzy inside.
    IEI- Creative and friendly, prone to push-pull behavior and disappearing acts with friends and lovers. Undercurrent of anxiety and restlessness; I can't relax around them a lot of the time. Wandering souls.

ILI- The one I met was kind of unstable. Very intelligent with interesting thoughts and insights, but insensitive and somewhat awkward. Good for conversation, not friendship.
    SEE- Materialistic, very open about their sexuality. Party party party! Sometimes have difficulty knowing their limits or seeing the inevitable consequences of their actions. Lots of fun now and then, but we'd never be best friends.

IEE- Great style, varied interests similar to mine (obscure bands, philosophy, surrealism etc.). Friendly, knows everyone. Kind of flaky and unreliable but I still want to get to know them better. My concert/zombie movie-fest buddy in college.
    EII- Naive and idealistic, very principled and moralistic. Passive-aggressive at times; just say what's on your mind! Repressed nerd. Driven by their passions.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    LSI--sometimes lacking in a certain kind of imagination
    Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    SEE - We're horrible at keeping in touch though...

LSE - often seem like vast repositories of purposely disconnected information.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE--initially they are sometimes obnoxious/strange, adventurous, sometimes immediately attractive, sharp/funny/powerful, "i feel safe around you"
    LIE--"you're hot," smart/sharp/together, perfectly oiled minds, sometimes abrasive and/or hurtful to others without realizing
    It would take an eternity for you to understand that you are ESI, and that the adventurous and reliable "ILE" you describe is actually LIE, and the vice-versa. So since I'm not immortal: "yes dear, you are indeed right".
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    It would take an eternity for you to understand that you are ESI, and that the adventurous and reliable "ILE" you describe is actually LIE, and the vice-versa. So since I'm not immortal: "yes dear, you are indeed right".
    Oh dear.

Hahahahaha.

Marxist Ne’er-do-well Red Villain's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-SLI/ xNTJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LII- Only dealt with an sub, creative focus but in areas and ways that are pointless.

EII- Good moral role-models, but get really fucking annoying after the first few sentences.

ILI- Lazy assholes, but I like how they think

SLI- Good company to smoke pot with but seeing them eat is like witnessing a violent rape/homicide

IEI- lazy cry-babies with a false sense of superiority

SEI- Watching tv with them is alright I guess....

LSI- Boring, and further bores me with details. Get's pissy when you call them out on it.

ESI- Weirdos, but constant troll-like humor coupled with solid dependability makes them excellent company.

LSE- Like talking to a brick wall. And no, I don't give a shit about that thing you did 20 years ago. And yes, I've heard this story before.

ESE- Please die

LIE- Never had a problem these. Keep up the good work.

EIE- I avoid them like the plague

IEE- Always lend an ear, but can't stick to anything or do anything right.

SEE- Powerful presence, cutthroat attitude, unyielding loyalty. I have high respect for them.

SLE- Willing to kill in the name of their opinion, too bad their opinions usually suck.

ILE- Annoying, unprincipled, nonsensical fuckfaces. I have no need for these people.
    "We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.".

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh dear.

Hahahahaha.
    "Oh dear", "Jesus Christ!", "OMG!!!", "OMFG!", "Are you serious?" - typical ESI (and less so other Fi types) stunts for lack of arguments. Is this convincing?
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    How you view other types...
    This is going to be half-serious but I don't want to have anything in common with them. Except my own stable of course.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol some of those r hilarious ^^ more please! I want to come back to this thread when i've got more experience w/ all the types and maybe even subtypes.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ILE: too absorbed with ideas, need to be more affectionate

SEI: gorgeous, outrageously sexy, really be interested in the stuff that interest them and not others, if it doesn't interest them it doesn't interest them, attached to material and finer things, nice clothing and nice house, works hard and feels working hard is a reward, "I worked and bought this with my own money and going to enjoy this; not much overt affection with people, unlike me; maintains more of a friendship looking relations. Not very introspective, don't have a lot of self awareness and don't seem understand themselves well, because they are sensory types, they are not really geared towards life of the mind; are you alright would yield a response "of course I am, I have a nice car, I have a nice house."

ESE: gorgeous, outrageously, arrogant, sense of superiority, intelligent and lords it over people, funny, thinks and knows he's funny, laughs at his own jokes, willing to listen to other's arguments let them talk but isn't willing to be persuaded by others

LII: thinkers

SLE: impulsive, too much about fun, straight forward to the point of being socially improper

IEI: sweet, victims,

EIE: sweet, kind, thoughtful, kinda antisocial, very good at textile arts and decorating.

LSI: antisocial, arrogant, smug, too much about the details

SEE: Inconsistent, not confident, insecure.
    Good feels the balance of power. Quickly picks up, who is strong and who is weak, you can put pressure on anyone, and who better not touch it. Feels the weaknesses of people with whom acquainted. While working on weak points, change their behavior in a favorable direction for themselves. Sam attempts to direct pressure does not obey. Deftly dodges. Able to stand up for themselves. Reacts violently when he was limited in choice. Commanded by those who are less decisive and less confident. With a strong partner to communicate on an equal footing. Always find a way to draw attention to themselves.

ILI: critical of everyone and everything.

LIE: fast in motion, always trying to make money out of your ideas
    ESI: business minded, can't see the future, make terrible romantic mistakes

IEE: too flighty.

SLI: easily bored, loose patience with things they aren't good at things right away wants to move on too quickly, doesn't demand constant attention, lets others have the focus of attention, quiet, undemonstrative, brusk demeanor that looks or comes across as grumpy, holds a lot of emotion inside, bottles emotions and looks like they are angry or grumpy, willing to let others to do stuff for them but have certain things they are willing to do for themselves.

EII: Serious, ernest, optimist, spiritual, about relationships

LSE: sarcastic, ironic, pessimist, pragmatic, about work
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 03-28-2012 at 06:45 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html