TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Vertedness

You want to know something odd?

I have trouble identifying with any of the extroverted functions. , , , . Out of all of them, I feel like only describes me slightly. The other ones I feel like I can easily cross off the list.

I have no trouble identifying with any of the introverted functions. , , , . If it weren't for the rules of Socionics, I could have any of them in my ego block for all I knew, other than perhaps.

Does this have to do with immaturity? I am trying to strengthen my weaknesses in life, and I feel like all of them are the extroverted functions.
    All the good are friends of one another. (Zeno of Citium)
    EII (INFj) - 9w1 - INFP - Scorpio - Hufflepuff
    Johari - Quitter - Diaspora*

TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Personally if I could pick and choose whatever function ordering and dichotomies I wanted it wouldnt fit any specific type either. it doesn't signify that there's anything wrong with you, but it looks like you've used it as a tool to look at yourself. If exploring theory has you facing real issues you deal with thats great and its a good way to use socionics, if those issues are real and important to you. reading your post, I am not so convinced by what you say about the functions, but in what you say you feel your weaknesses are. trust yourself.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Taknamay View Post

I have trouble identifying with any of the extroverted functions. , , , . Out of all of them, I feel like only describes me slightly.
    That's because you're EII.

ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to put it out there, you might have the functions defined wrong then. Extroverted just means the objective attitude, but it's one side of the pair. I think I'm good at all four of them F, T, N and S, however I've learned along the way that is just the other side of , and is just the other side of . This is essential to Socionics making any sense structurally which is why you have to learn / as a concept together, and you can read about it in Jung. My focus is a lot more towards but I still use the other three.

I can see how different functions could fit my role or my vulnerable, or something I'm strong in is my demonstrative instead etc , I mean they create this model that is so trivial and has Forer effect written all over it. It's best to just focus on what you value and use as an individual compared to what you don't value and clash with the opposite quadra, or else you can reason your type whatever way you want. Do I really think my dual actually uses for instance? I haven't ever seen one of them use it. It's like asking someone who hates motorcycles how often they ride motorcycles.
    Last edited by 717495; 02-26-2012 at 03:59 AM.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    That's because you're EII.
    LII would also fit with what was described.

Quote Originally Posted by Taknamay View Post

I have trouble identifying with any of the extroverted functions. , , , . Out of all of them, I feel like only describes me slightly. The other ones I feel like I can easily cross off the list.

I have no trouble identifying with any of the introverted functions. , , , . If it weren't for the rules of Socionics, I could have any of them in my ego block for all I knew, other than perhaps.

Does this have to do with immaturity? I am trying to strengthen my weaknesses in life, and I feel like all of them are the extroverted functions.
    For LII/EII, Ti/Fi leading/role, Ne strongest extraverted function as creative, strong but ignoring Ni, and then Si being weak and unconscious mobilizing, the weakest introverted function.

To answer the question, does it have to do with immaturity? Not really, we all have weak functions. With time, as you naturally mature, you'll learn how to better compensate for your weaknesses, and enhance your strengths. It's not something to get down about though. If you want to speed up the process, just take a lot of action, interact with a lot of people, be willing to take advice, etc.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the main reasons I ask is because that's really why I am stuck between LII and EII. I feel like I could use work on both and sometimes...

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is it that you think you need to work on with ? The dual function should seem like something you just accept easily from like-minded people and can exchange a similar tinge of information, not really something you 'work on'. Unless you go out of your way to define as some basic skill like work-ethic or an understanding of economics, which it isn't. Socionics is 'information processing,' not skill.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    LII would also fit with what was described.
    Yeah, but I think he's EII.

ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    What is it that you think you need to work on with ? The dual function should seem like something you just accept easily from like-minded people and can exchange a similar tinge of information, not really something you 'work on'. Unless you go out of your way to define as some basic skill like work-ethic or an understanding of economics, which it isn't. Socionics is 'information processing,' not skill.
    Yes I can understand that. Would "neglect" be a good word?