TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Type Truth

What type do you think I am?
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Judging from your name, Alpha or Beta; maybe LII, LSI, or SLI
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Ti is knowledge, not necessarily truth

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I take Ti to mean knowledge, trust, categories, thought, etc. Truth can be somewhat of a Ti thing, maybe it's more of an SLI thing.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI! we are thinking similarly here again

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delta NF and I confirm that.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Judging from your name, Alpha or Beta; maybe LII, LSI, or SLI
    I was hoping I would be typed based on the kind of threads I have been making rather than inconsequential things like my name.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i don't know but i'm curious.

what drew you to the quote in your signature? what are your thoughts about it? (i'm assuming you're probably somebody else here and it reminds me of that, but that's not why i'm asking.)

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kassie View Post
    i don't know but i'm curious.

what drew you to the quote in your signature? what are your thoughts about it? (i'm assuming you're probably somebody else here and it reminds me of that, but that's not why i'm asking.)
    Well, you are welcome to interpret that quote in any way you want. However, it basically entails that I am relaying the ideas that I only feel comfortable doing so by being anonymous, which is why I have revealed little about myself. I am a new forum member though that has been lurking for quite some time.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Well, you are welcome to interpret that quote in any way you want. However, it basically entails that I am relaying the ideas that I only feel comfortable doing so by being anonymous, which is why I have revealed little about myself. I am a new forum member though that has been lurking for quite some time.
    okay, i don't have any reason not to believe you. it wasn't a big deal to me anyway.

your threads so far? what comes to mind: categorization, social dynamics, coherency. Ti/Fe, Ti ego? aristocrat? LSI? lol this is a ridiculous stretch. i think i for one at least need more to work with.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I take Ti to mean knowledge, trust, categories, thought, etc.
    Wonder what that makes you.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

My guess would be an irrational type, IP being likely. The forum types thread looked like an interplay between creative Je and mobilizing Ji functions with actions being accentuated within the descriptions.

Though there is very little information to go by for instinct variants I'd go with sp/so at this point.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no clear limit, but I would call Ti = understanding; Te = knowledge.

Anyway, Ti is structural or logical consistency, so in a way it is truth but it is not absolute - people make errors, can be misguided or can be simply wrong, even if consistent. Factual truth, on the other hand, is empirical, it can't be primarily related a Fields (Introverted) function.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well well well. Shit just hit the fan.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Ineffable says seems to be how socionics understands it. From the standpoint of I/E semantics, things do end up seeming muddied and contradictory.
    In a general sense, in my opinion, the sense of Ti in a Te type is one that is updated much more frequently than with a Ti type and more adaptable; the sense of Te in a Ti type is one that is also much more updated frequently than with a Te type and is more adaptable.

The more important aspect between the two then might be one of motivation, since the Ti type is looking to gain an all-encompassing containing idea to a body of knowledge, whereas the Te type is concerned more with understanding as many containers as possible in order that they may be used to adapt other things. Logic by itself is primarily an associative container for how we can come to understand things, so I believe this is a better distinction in explaining things. But I'm open to better alternatives.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    I was hoping I would be typed based on the kind of threads I have been making rather than inconsequential things like my name.
    You should
    1. tell something about yourself
    2. know Maritsa better. She can type stuff people based on the number of pixels in your avatar.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Very convinced you're LII. Just about the first thing you did when you came here was post a system of six dichotomies you made/found/organized, which indicates heavy Ti valuing. Alpha's more likely than Beta. Introtim's more likely than Extrotim. When I look at your writing, it falls in line well with the other LIIs, there's an internal push-pull to it that I want to liken to, if not Holographical-Panoramic cognition, then at least Negativism...

There's the issue with the name Truth as well.

That word very often comes from Merry types from a certain angle in a really charged manner. In short, Ti over Te, with the Fe on the other side of Ti and diametrically opposed to Te, providing the "charge".

I should really make more videos, talking is easier than writing
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

somehow you remind me of Traveler, Ne-IEE 9w1, definitely an Involutionary/Result type

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    somehow you remind me of Traveler
    Yes. Didn't want to say anything in case it was another experiment of his, but yea, definitely.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Looks like Traveler is definite LII and LSI going by forum consensus.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Don't forget SLI.

somehow you remind me of Traveler, Ne-IEE 9w1, definitely an Involutionary/Result type
    Good eye! Why 9w1? Even though I think its likely a part of my tri-type.
    Last edited by Raver; 02-26-2012 at 12:58 AM.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Good eye! Why 9w1? Even though I think its likely a part of my tri-type.
    So if was you after all

Sorry if I ruined your experiment, didn't really give it a thought before posting.

9w1 is just the general vibe that I get from your writing. There are a couple of things here that stack up to e9:

Sixes are part of the reactive triad and tend to respond emotionally to problems, which gives them this certain edginess and a polarizing effect. The tone in your posts in contrast is very clam and even; the edginess isn't there. This fits with the positive outlook triad better than the reactive triad.

Nines are searching for externalized unity, and upon encountering something broken or fragmented they may pick up the pieces and try to reunite them into the whole that they were originally from. Hence the titles 'peacekeeper' and 'mediator' - if a group breaks up they will attempt to bring the splintered 'pieces' back together. Their thesis is unity vs separation. Taking a look at the member types thread you wrote "all of these types are valuable in their own special way" which shows that even though you have created separate niches you were at the same time mindful of the fragmentation embedded within this. The thread you made long time ago about bringing Reuben back into 16T follows the same line of thought, where in addition the 1-wing would impart a concern for justice ("was banning him fair?").

The profile of E9 from Enneagram Institute mentioned that "Nines must resist the urge to escape into “premature Buddhahood” or the “white light” of the Divine and away from the mundane world" and if memory serves me correctly a figure escaping into white light served as your old avatar.

Another profile of soc-last Nines describes them as "eyes and fingers of the universe examining itself. They are most aware of how everyone is connected indirectly through the swamps of psychic muck." In your thread on forum types you can replace word "universe" with 16T community to see that it had a similar effect of encouraging the forum members to re-evaluate themselves and where they stand (by my estimation Jung was 9w1 too and his writing is characterized by this sort of detached examination).

The user names that you've picked Traveler + Truth if translated into the enneagram would equate to 9w1, for Nines are sometimes referred to as seekers or wanderers, though the don't always travel in the literal sense, but sometimes purely on a mental plane (which makes some of them inclined towards new-ageish exploration). Concept of justice associated with type One can be extended to encompass the notion of "truth".

There are probably some more clues that I'm omitting, but overall I've gotten a sense that 9 >> 6 for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    LII is very close to IEE actually. They have the same cognitive style, Holographical-Panoramic, so in text they can come through the same.

but the stereotype that "Ti=categorization" hence anyone capable of mentally sorting things into groups must be Ti-dominant should just die a horrible death ...
    Last edited by silke; 02-27-2012 at 01:45 AM.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sorry if I ruined your experiment
    Don't be sorry, that was fucking awesome!

I'm all the more certain now that I kinda suck ass at finding J functions, by the way typing's hard when I can't see people argh
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you think you can use the time and effort of the forum members for your experiments?
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    Why do you think you can use the time and effort of the forum members for your experiments?
    Because he's demonstrated to himself that it's possible, and because the forum members are available for that purpose. The bugs are already in the jar. Might as well give it a shake and see what they do.

Good nose on siuntal. Though was heavy in the air I didn't quite catch Trav's signature scent. However I certainly smelled a potential trap when considering his chosen pseudonym, his didactic tone, and the line "Give [a man] a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

How about your fresh new typology, Traveler, is that a rebranded Big 5?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you think you can use the time and effort of the forum members for your experiments, you scandalous villain?
    lol.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, it's something different if Gilly or Joy start their 1000th Type thread. In this case, everybody knows what's the matter and can decide whether it's worth participating or not based on their experience. But this here is faking an identity as a new member and letting others run around in mazes like lab rats to see what they do with those snippets of information one decided to give them. And those who answered in this thread might just wanted to help a socionics newbie.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, it's something different if Gilly or Joy start their 1000th Type thread.
    Sure, but...

In this case, everybody knows what's the matter and can decide whether it's worth participating or not based on their experience.
    ...they can do that with every other thread, too. I certainly do. And my experience as a longtime internetter and the Ultimate IRC Messiah has taught me a trick or two about detecting incognito returnees, so while I didn't identify "Truth" as a specific person I definitely had a strong sense of an ulterior motive, that he was Here To Teach Us All A Lesson.

But this here is faking an identity as a new member and letting others run around in mazes like lab rats to see what they do with those snippets of information one decided to give them.
    I suspect some of those rats enjoyed their time in the maze. Also, we've got other members who regularly present false or ambiguous data in order to shape opinions about themselves and others.

And those who answered in this thread might just wanted to help a socionics newbie.
    Ah, now there's the real bitch of it all, honest and open effort wasted on someone else's private enjoyment of covert mischief. If you wanna supply the rope I'll fetch a tree and we'll get ol' Travis straightened out quick-like.

Oh, and in case you didn't figure it out already *pulls off devil's advocate mask* I'm Nicki Minaj.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ekpyrosos View Post
    so while I didn't identify "Truth" as a specific person I definitely had a strong sense of an ulterior motive, that he was Here To Teach Us All A Lesson.
    If you can detect that, kudos to you. I can't.

I suspect some of those rats enjoyed their time in the maze.
    This is rather hypothetical and depends on the individual rat. But I reckon that there is a bunch of people who doesn't want to be mislead.

Also, we've got other members who regularly present false or ambiguous data in order to shape opinions about themselves and others.
    That doesn't make it better.

Ah, now there's the real bitch of it all, honest and open effort wasted on someone else's private enjoyment of covert mischief. If you wanna supply the rope I'll fetch a tree and we'll get ol' Travis straightened out quick-like.
    Finally, you listen to reason!

Oh, and in case you didn't figure it out already *pulls off devil's advocate mask* I'm Nicki Minaj.
    Nah, I knew that. It was basically an open secret because of the obvious parallels between your actual identity and your forum persona.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Don't fear uncertainty.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It was not some knieving experiment like you make it out to be. It was an idea I conceived after realizing that enough forum members fit into a certain mold or type. The personas and their descriptions are based on a good amount of real forum members, so its not like I made them up from thin air. The moniker was used because I was on vacation so I figured I would take advantage of that opportunity. Also I wasn't sure how the idea would be received so the new username acted as a mask and I intended it to be temporary even though it was eventually revealed.

Hey, it's something different if Gilly or Joy start their 1000th Type thread. In this case, everybody knows what's the matter and can decide whether it's worth participating or not based on their experience. But this here is faking an identity as a new member and letting others run around in mazes like lab rats to see what they do with those snippets of information one decided to give them. And those who answered in this thread might just wanted to help a socionics newbie.
    This thread was a good way to test someone's proficiency in Socionics. Too often you get people trying to type someone when their type remains a mystery so its difficult to judge who is actually being more perceptive and accurate. It was also a way to test the validity of Socionics by typing someone who has already been typed, but with their identity concealed to remove bias. It seems like Siuntal did better than expected and managed to reveal me rather than simply type me correctly.

How about your fresh new typology, Traveler, is that a rebranded Big 5?
    Well, I personally don't take that system seriously. I won't deny that its very similar to the big 5 and other type systems aside from a few differences, which is one reason why I don't take it seriously.

So if was you after all

Sorry if I ruined your experiment, didn't really give it a thought before posting.

9w1 is just the general vibe that I get from your writing. There are a couple of things here that stack up to e9:

Sixes are part of the reactive triad and tend to respond emotionally to problems, which gives them this certain edginess and a polarizing effect. The tone in your posts in contrast is very clam and even; the edginess isn't there. This fits with the positive outlook triad better than the reactive triad.

Nines are searching for externalized unity, and upon encountering something broken or fragmented they may pick up the pieces and try to reunite them into the whole that they were originally from. Hence the titles 'peacekeeper' and 'mediator' - if a group breaks up they will attempt to bring the splintered 'pieces' back together. Their thesis is unity vs separation. Taking a look at the member types thread you wrote "all of these types are valuable in their own special way" which shows that even though you have created separate niches you were at the same time mindful of the fragmentation embedded within this. The thread you made long time ago about bringing Reuben back into 16T follows the same line of thought, where in addition the 1-wing would impart a concern for justice ("was banning him fair?").

The profile of E9 from Enneagram Institute mentioned that "Nines must resist the urge to escape into “premature Buddhahood” or the “white light” of the Divine and away from the mundane world" and if memory serves me correctly a figure escaping into white light served as your old avatar.

Another profile of soc-last Nines describes them as "eyes and fingers of the universe examining itself. They are most aware of how everyone is connected indirectly through the swamps of psychic muck." In your thread on forum types you can replace word "universe" with 16T community to see that it had a similar effect of encouraging the forum members to re-evaluate themselves and where they stand (by my estimation Jung was 9w1 too and his writing is characterized by this sort of detached examination).

The user names that you've picked Traveler + Truth if translated into the enneagram would equate to 9w1, for Nines are sometimes referred to as seekers or wanderers, though the don't always travel in the literal sense, but sometimes purely on a mental plane (which makes some of them inclined towards new-ageish exploration). Concept of justice associated with type One can be extended to encompass the notion of "truth".

There are probably some more clues that I'm omitting, but overall I've gotten a sense that 9 >> 6 for you.?
    Don't worry Siuntal about giving away my identity because I would of ended up revealing myself anyways. You put up a very convincing argument for 9w1 and I will consider it as a definite possibility. I will have to look into the nine descriptions and compare them to the six descriptions and see which one fits me better. I have been told that I emit a calm persona, but I can also be very erratic and energetic depending on who I am with and how I am feeling at the time. I am not sure if that points towards 6 or 9.
    Last edited by Raver; 02-29-2012 at 08:52 AM.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5