Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Typing me

Default Typing me

Hi. I'm new to socionics although I have read up on it a little. I was wondering what would be the best info to give you guys so that you could type me? I don't want to put up a video or pictures because I don't feel comfortable with it. I've taken a bunch of socionics tests and they give me lots of different results. The most common result to be EII and IEI. I've also gotten IEE (ENFp?) and somehow I got SLE once. I took the tests a few months ago when I was kind of in a depressed rut and I got LSI or SLI a lot.

Anyways, what kind of info would I need to talk about in order to be typed?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AimfortheBrain View Post
    Anyways, what kind of info would I need to talk about in order to be typed?
    Contents of your wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Contents of your wallet.
    hardy har har. lol

but seriously, i don't know what to talk about.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

hardy har har. lol

but seriously, i don't know what to talk about.
    Whatever you want.

I usually don't talk unless people pay me to, found it is better for I can say way too much.

I was serious with the wallet.

Okay, well. This is something I once wrote trying to get people to figure out my MBTI type:

I was thinking that maybe a good way to help type me would be to explain how others in my life see me, so I'm going to list some of the comments/remarks that I have heard people have say about me over the years. Some of these remarks actually made me feel bad about myself when I heard them, but they are probably true nonetheless.

Sits in her room watching tv, going on the internet, playing video games alot
    Has a good but weird sense of humor
    Really good grades and never gets in trouble
    Always there for the family--but too overprotective.
    Is quietly judgemental
    Always wants to learn about something strange or useless
    Can be blunt, but may not realize it
    Acts much more carefree around the family than anyone else.
    Likes to work on her own.
    Modest about how she dresses.
    Doesn't like to be told what to do.
    Doesn't take enough risks--holds herself back too much--worries too much

According to my sister I am "weird, analyzing, judgemental, and paranoid." She also says that I'm too sensitive. Everyone seems to think that I always think people are out to get me.
    One of my friends says "I seem really vanilla but I'm actually not." and another says that "I have personal space issues." She also said that I'm harsh because I don't sugarcoat and lie to her.

Again, I'm not proud of some of these descriptions, but those are some of the ways my friends and family have described me.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You could be any number of types...

How do you approach tasks/assignments?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post

I guess I try to figure out how the best way to get the assignment done. If I'm working with other people I think its important to be fair--everyone doing their fair share and helping eachother if they need it. When I do tasks, I tend to be very focused on the task. I like to do my best and be helpful. It really bothers me when I fail or can't do something on my own. I don't like feeling incompetent like that. I get pretty energized when I do a good job. I also hate it when other people don't do their fair share of work. The most important thing is that everyone tries their best.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I guess I try to figure out how the best way to get the assignment done. If I'm working with other people I think its important to be fair--everyone doing their fair share and helping eachother if they need it. When I do tasks, I tend to be very focused on the task. I like to do my best and be helpful. It really bothers me when I fail or can't do something on my own. I don't like feeling incompetent like that. I get pretty energized when I do a good job. I also hate it when other people don't do their fair share of work.
    Do you look for external praise and approbation of your work? How does it make you feel when you don't get it?

http://www.google.com/search?aq=0&oq...ion+definition
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Do you look for external praise and approbation of your work? How does it make you feel when you don't get it?

http://www.google.com/search?aq=0&oq...ion+definition
    Yeah, I do like external praise and approbation of my work. If I don't get it, then I don't really know if I did a good job or not. Sometimes things are pretty clear cut and I don't need to be told that I did a good job because its clear that I did my best, but I must admit that I feel unappreciated a lot. Its weird because there's a huge part of me that thinks its wrong to want appreciation for doing the right thing and at the same time I sometimes feel like I do a lot for people and they don't realize it. I don't know how to explain it other than saying that I want appreciation, but I also don't feel like doing the right thing is something that should garner too much attention. Why should I be applauded for being a decent person?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yeah, I do like external praise and approbation of my work. If I don't get it, then I don't really know if I did a good job or not. Sometimes things are pretty clear cut and I don't need to be told that I did a good job because its clear that I did my best, but I must admit that I feel unappreciated a lot. Its weird because there's a huge part of me that thinks its wrong to want appreciation for doing the right thing and at the same time I sometimes feel like I do a lot for people and they don't realize it. I don't know how to explain it other than saying that I want appreciation, but I also don't feel like doing the right thing is something that should garner too much attention. Why should I be applauded for being a decent person?
    How do you do or deal with time issues? Do you feel rushed or can you estimate time well in advance? How are you about planning things? Do you plan in the short term or the long?
    -

How do you do or deal with time issues? Do you feel rushed or can you estimate time well in advance? How are you about planning things? Do you plan in the short term or the long?
    I'm usually on time for most things. I only have trouble being on time when its not important to be perfectly on time. I do pretty much everything at the last minute (except for paying bills). I work better knowing that I no longer have any more time left to waste. I stall and waste time when there isn't a deadline nearby.

I'm pretty good at planning things if I want to. It comes pretty naturally for me. I've noticed that I prefer to have things be open to change though. I like being aware of all the options and having a idea A, idea b, idea C, etc. I have short term and long term ideas, but not plans. My plans are very up in the air all the time, and I like being able to change something if it could be better. I could have a million maybes running through my head, but no actual plan. Plans usually come from me getting a good idea and believing that its worth following through on. At that point I become very effective at planning. I'm also pretty good at organizing other people's stuff, problems, etc..

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just as Ashton does, tries to win them over Internet with his sidekick, Miyagi.

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first time I have ever seen you NOT type somebody based on their first post or two. Good job, Maritsa. You've come a long way.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm usually on time for most things. I only have trouble being on time when its not important to be perfectly on time. I do pretty much everything at the last minute (except for paying bills). I work better knowing that I no longer have any more time left to waste. I stall and waste time when there isn't a deadline nearby.

I'm pretty good at planning things if I want to. It comes pretty naturally for me. I've noticed that I prefer to have things be open to change though. I like being aware of all the options and having a idea A, idea b, idea C, etc. I have short term and long term ideas, but not plans. My plans are very up in the air all the time, and I like being able to change something if it could be better. I could have a million maybes running through my head, but no actual plan. Plans usually come from me getting a good idea and believing that its worth following through on. At that point I become very effective at planning. I'm also pretty good at organizing other people's stuff, problems, etc..
    I don't think you work like Te. I am going to eliminate that from your base function.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aerorobyn View Post
    The first time I have ever seen you NOT type somebody based on their first post or two. Good job, Maritsa. You've come a long way.
    Aero, this isn't "appreciate Maritsa thread."
    -

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't think you work like Te. I am going to eliminate that from your ego block;

I said fuck off you cunt.
    Last edited by bg; 02-19-2012 at 11:50 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I do pretty much everything at the last minute (except for paying bills).
    What is it about paying bills that makes you do them on a timely fashion?
    -

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aero, this isn't "appreciate Maritsa thread."
    Oh, that's right, I need to declare it first. I now declare February 18 MAD: Maritsa Appreciation Day.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What is that makes you a shitcunt you shitcunt?
    Last edited by bg; 02-19-2012 at 07:56 PM.

I don't like to owe people things and I get paranoid about getting in trouble. I don't like late fees, having my interests rates raised, or having to worry about getting in trouble because I didn't pay for my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    What is that makes you a shitcunt you shitcunt?
    You're ruining my thread. Can you argue with her somewhere else?

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa, we have a serious type on our hands. The choice is yours today - SEE or LSE?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't like to owe people things and I get paranoid about getting in trouble. I don't like late fees, having my interests rates raised, or having to worry about getting in trouble because I didn't pay for my stuff.
    When you experience a pleasurable sensation, one that may come from either eating something that's just so good, or touching something, what happens to you; do you remember and recall these sensations? Do you often seek the sensation out again by going for that item or experience? Describe one that you think closely relates to a pleasurable sensation and your experience with that item or thing.
    -

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm not arguing, leave that to Asthon.

I said she is a shitcunt, deal with it, you shitcunt.
    Last edited by bg; 02-19-2012 at 07:57 PM.

When you experience a pleasurable sensation, one that may come from either eating something that's just so good, or touching something, what happens to you; do you remember and recall these sensations? Do you often seek the sensation out again by going for that item or experience? Describe one that you think closely relates to a pleasurable sensation and your experience with that item or thing.
    When I experience a pleasurable sensation I do remember it and I like to recall. This happens to me a lot when I listen to music. I'll hear a certain note that the singer hits or a certain guitar solo or whatever and I'll replay it over and over again. After a while the pleasure from the note dulls and I stop listening to it for a while. Then I'll go back and listen to it again a few days later so that I can experience the sensation of that note again without it being dulled anymore. I do this a lot actually.

I tried to explain to someone once what kind of music I like and why and this is what it came out as:
    Music: I like a lot of different things. This may sound vague but I love music that evoke a feeling of "epicness". I like things that sound very grandiose, dramatic or pure. I like music that makes me feel alive and real and that lifts my spirits. Lots of different things make me feel this way. I also love voices. I kind of have an obsession with people who can sing. Some voices just sound so perfect and godly to me. Its kind of hard to describe.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

When I experience a pleasurable sensation I do remember it and I like to recall. This happens to me a lot when I listen to music. I'll hear a certain note that the singer hits or a certain guitar solo or whatever and I'll replay it over and over again. After a while the pleasure from the note dulls and I stop listening to it for a while. Then I'll go back and listen to it again a few days later so that I can experience the sensation of that note again without it being dulled anymore. I do this a lot actually.

I tried to explain to someone once what kind of music I like and why and this is what it came out as:
    Music: I like a lot of different things. This may sound vague but I love music that evoke a feeling of "epicness". I like things that sound very grandiose, dramatic or pure. I like music that makes me feel alive and real and that lifts my spirits. Lots of different things make me feel this way. I also love voices. I kind of have an obsession with people who can sing. Some voices just sound so perfect and godly to me. Its kind of hard to describe.
    This ability that you have for internal sensory recall is best described in introverted Sensory function; and I type you SLI. That is the "craftsman" as an archetype and wiki is attached for the reference to SLI

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=SLI
    -

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This ability that you have for internal sensory recall is best described in introverted Sensory function; and I type you SLI. That is the "craftsman" as an archetype and wiki is attached for the reference to SLI

If I were a fucking disaster I would wage war on you, I'm not nd I still wage war on you and whomever is your shit quadra.

If not SLI what would your second choice be?

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If not SLI what would your second choice be?
    Maritsa doesn't do "second choices." SLI. CONFIRM!

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really sorry about this Aim. :/ This tends to happen a lot. It will benefit you if you can look past these tifts.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerorobyn View Post
    Maritsa doesn't do "second choices." SLI. CONFIRM!
    Well, I was reading over the SLI descriptions and I'm not sure if they fit, so I wanted a second choice/opinion. Do you agree with SLI, Aerobyn?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Well, I was reading over the SLI descriptions and I'm not sure if they fit, so I wanted a second choice/opinion. Do you agree with SLI, Aerobyn?
    LII; and I haven't confirmed yet.

The music you listen to(listening is experience of sense perception because music is a sensory experience) provokes grandness, like Wagner's music. It may be that the sensory reaction is heightened temporarily or I would say "activated"

You have a high estimation of your self and what you do to like "epic" music; that is the kind or character of the person you are. You have a firmly developed sense of your own importance and what you do.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

More questions:

1. Do you come up with a lot of ideas? Do you look for ideas? When you see objects do you see it on the surface or something more than the general features of the object?
    -

More questions:

1. Do you come up with a lot of ideas? Do you look for ideas? When you see objects do you see it on the surface or something more than the general features of the object?
    I come up with a lot of ideas about my future. They are usually ideas of where I want to go, or want I could be doing in the future. I feel like I live in a future world quite a bit inside my head. Its kind of like I'm constantly imagining what I could eventually be like. I find that I have a lot of ideas but no real way of making them happen or any kind of rrealistic plan to make them happen. When I see objects I see it for what it is and what it is related to.

I just took another socionics test and it said I was IEI, and 96% as likely to be an EIE. I think IEI may be correct. I relate to that description much more than the SLI description.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Do you often take on a victim approach when trying to resolve a problem? Do you blame others for your own misfortunes? Do you make decisions and often second guess them or doubt them?

I can see how you use your Ni, as in waiting for the time to act or choosing the moment where action needs to be taken, before it's too late, but people who have Ni as a Role function can do this, as well as demonstrators and activators.

I can see IEI
    -

Do you often take on a victim approach when trying to resolve a problem? Do you blame others for your own misfortunes? Do you make decisions and often second guess them or doubt them?
    have taken the victim approach before although it annoys me to death when I do it now. My catchphrase when I was a kind was "It's not fair!". In certain scenarios I have felt like I was dealt a worse hand that others and thus didn't have the same opportunity. I try not to blame other people specifically for my own misfortunes though. I tend to be pretty hard on myself. I beat myself up more than I try to blame other people specifically. I second guess almost all of my decisions. Actually, I second guess myself constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    You say you have a weird sense of humour - could you give some examples?
    i don't know. thats just what some people have told me. i spend a lot of time singing and making up new words for old songs. i kind of try to make my life like a musical sometimes and just sing all the time. i like acting dramatic for fun. i spend lots of time sitting around, looking at meme's on the internet and laughing to myself. i like puns quite a bit and sometimes i purposely tell horrible jokes just to laugh at how horrible they are. i also like making fun of things, but only in a fun/playful way. i don't like making fun of things/people for real. whether or not any of this is weird or not i don't know.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Your strong uncertainty about your decisions points me hard to Ne/Si valuing, and here's where things get a bit more revelatory:

i don't know. thats just what some people have told me. i spend a lot of time singing and making up new words for old songs. i kind of try to make my life like a musical sometimes and just sing all the time. i like acting dramatic for fun. i spend lots of time sitting around, looking at meme's on the internet and laughing to myself. i like puns quite a bit and sometimes i purposely tell horrible jokes just to laugh at how horrible they are. i also like making fun of things, but only in a fun/playful way. i don't like making fun of things/people for real. whether or not any of this is weird or not i don't know.
    Fe Super-Id, probably Hidden Agenda, and Ne/Si > Se/Ni. Hell, Fe HA's all over just about all your posts! I'm leaning strong towards Ne-LII here, and your stated difficulties in getting things done points me towards, though by no means demands, Se-PolR...
    Last edited by woofwoofl; 02-20-2012 at 09:55 AM. Reason: used a ">" when I instead needed a "/"
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    Your strong uncertainty about your decisions points me hard to Ne/Si valuing, and here's where things get a bit more revelatory:

Fe Super-Id, probably Hidden Agenda, and Ne/Si > Se/Ni. Hell, Fe HA's all over just about all your posts! I'm leaning strong towards Ne-LII here, and your stated difficulties in getting things done points me towards, though by no means demands, Se-PolR...
    The only system that I know of that has as the HA of Ne-LII is Model X. No Model A type has both HA and PoLR... though... I think Model X's Ti-ILE did? In summary, what are you talking about?

Edit: My suggestion for her type: SEI. EII second. That's based on the first page of this thread only.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast