Thread: Is Rick Santorum the Prince of Darkness?

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is Rick Santorum the Prince of Darkness?

Your opinion.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

if by "Prince of Darkness" you mean "royal douchebag", then yes

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes.

Creepy-male

I want crazedrat to post in here saying rick santorum is the beast from revelations, he will rise out of the ocean to level cities.

Prince of darkness almost has too good a ring to it, it's kind of seductive and vampire like. He's more like an uptight neurotic pandering conservative politician playing the whole religiousity card.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ricky sucks.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What makes Santorum crazy?

It's a topic worth discussing. First off, what is his type?

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RICK SANTORUM DRINKS THE WRATH OF THE GREAT FORNICATING HARLOT

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say he's an F, but it's hard to tell given his particular kind of insanity.

He's no less stable than Samuel Alito, the kind person who took it upon himself to overturn Citizens United and turn our political system into a tiresome fracas.

Creepy-Snaps

Ozzy Osbourne is the Prince of F. Darkness.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ozzy? LOL.

He's just a destroyers type. Not even an egoist. Just a tad narcissistic.

It seems to me that Santorum is future-oriented... this is why he's trying to attain mastery over the American superego. But where a present-oriented discordant tries to take the world by force of arms (especially through intimidation), a future-oriented discordant tries to gain power by deception. Then when they have the power to enforce the law, they punish those whose aims are contrary to their goals, ... just as ****** did. Over time the advantage given the favored parties drives the disfavored to increasingly severe extremes just to keep up. The temptation to break the law in these cases is acute, because justice has already failed.

If Santorum were elected, you might well see religious violence in America reach a new high. Mainstream conservatives realize this and that's why they don't support him. In essence, Santorum is just like ******: the only difference is that where ****** played off the Communists to increase people's fear, Santorum would encourage the Christian demon to a height not seen since Salem, increasing antagonism between Christians and non-Christians and quite literally driving non-Christians into the hands of an anti-Christ.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well here's what the idiots said.
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/29/opinio...html?hpt=hp_t2

With that out of the way, let's apply some old fashioned Supersocionic analysis and see what's really going on.

We see that Romney and Santorum are just about tied, with Ron Paul and Newt Gingrich trailing in third and fourth respectively.

Several facts are evident:
    - the people who support Paul are NOT rank and file Republicans. If he were not in the race, they would be completely disinterested and would benefit neither Romney nor Santorum.
    - Gingerich and Santorum are competing for the party base/evangelical vote.

Santorum is actually the party favorite; however, Gingrich's ego compels him to keep running, siphoning off votes from Santorum. Nevertheless, the real reason Santorum is choosing to run may actually be because he feels compelled to prevent Gingrich from standing in the general election. We can, in fact, safely assume that were Santorum NOT in the race, Gingrich would have all of his support, easily overwhelming Romney. Conversely, if Gingrich leaves the race, the playing field will swiftly tip in Santorum's favor (but not against Obama).

It's remotely possible that Gingrich and Santorum feel similarly about each other, and Gingrich is running not only in spite, but also to prevent Santorum from wrecking the country (remember, he found it easy enough to set aside principle to bargain with Bill Clinton when he had to). It's hard to gauge a Republican when they feel distanced from power, but personal egoism and social discordancy tend to feed off of one another energy-wise, one feeling called by responsibility, whether to self or another, to oppose the other.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    We see that Romney and Santorum are just about tied, with Ron Paul and Newt Gingrich trailing in third and fourth respectively.

Several facts are evident:
    - the people who support Paul are NOT rank and file Republicans. If he were not in the race, they would be completely disinterested and would benefit neither Romney nor Santorum.
    - Gingerich and Santorum are competing for the party base/evangelical vote.

Santorum is actually the party favorite; however, Gingrich's ego compels him to keep running, siphoning off votes from Santorum.
    I actually agree with these parts, although I don't know that Paul's support would be completely disinterested. There would definitely be a swath of his support that wouldn't give a shit, but of those that still felt compelled to vote their beliefs, I feel Romney is slightly a better option than Santorum. I'm unfamiliar with Gingrich's economic proposals however, so I don't know if he would get some play his way. Regardless, Santorum's economic ideas are probably the furthest left of the field.

I'd also agree that Gingrich and Santorum are trying to motivate the party base/evangelical vote. Granted for Gingrich that's because he'll make whatever political promises to obtain the support he needs, for Santorum it's more sincere. Romney would love these votes but given his history he just can't count on the diehard ideologues to help him out. Thus if Gingrich had exited the race before today, I imagine we'd be reading about how Santorum won Michigan. Still it's not like I give a shit. Unless Romney comes out with some inspired real and concrete stance on issues I could be ok with rather than playing to the far right, I'm probably going to vote Obama or nothing, b/c Paul isn't going to win the nomination and I'm sure as shit not supporting Santorum.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Republican situation has never been so dire.

The center's covenant with homosexuals poses a very real threat to the continued relevance of the party. Authoritative strains of Christianity are declining and have been for a while now. Add to this the ultra-right whites' opposition to the growing Latino population base, and you have a recipe for irrelevance. I do expect the Right to reassert itself, possibly on a free market basis, but the Jerry Falwell GOP of our childhood is dead man walking.

I expect the GOP to revert back to the mode of the 70s and 80s: the alternative to a Democratic party prone to corrupting influences and personal weaknesses, the same as we saw in the Jim Wright era. I anticipate Bobby Jindal winning in 2016, although I think he'll do it by burying the GOP of Reagan and remaking it into something remarkably similar in ideology to Obama, thus putting pressure on the Democrats to veer left (in the short term at least). If you notice, Obama's new reputation as a "tax cutting Democrat" has forced the GOP to the right.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    What makes Santorum crazy?
    He's insane because he's an extreme christian right-winger.