Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Millenium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson

I swear I saw a thread on this somewhere but I can't find it. I remember a post by glam about the character's types. I really hope I didn't imagine this.

Anyway I remember glam suggesting SLI for Salander and IEE for Blomkvist. And now that I have read enough of this and seen all the movies, I must say I really agree with these typings.

I don't have an opinion on the other characters who I have not focused on enough. In fact I ahem didn't bother reading passages that were not centered on one or the other of the above characters.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

nah you didn't imagine it, what you saw was in the Delta movies thread: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...l=1#post772747

i actually just watched the second film again last night. haven't read the books, but i'd like to eventually.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stieg Larsson: LII

Lisbeth Salander: LII

Mikael "Kalle" Blomkvist: IEE

Erika Berger: LSE (Berger+Blomkvist, activity partners)

Erika's husband: ILI

Teleborian: LIE

Henrik Vanger: LSE

Zalachenko: SLE

Niedermann: LSI

Plague: ILE
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Stieg Larsson: SEE

Lisbeth Salander: SEE

Mikael "Kalle" Blomkvist: SEE

Erika Berger: SEE (Berger+Blomkvist, activity partners)

Erika's husband: SEE

Teleborian: SEE

Henrik Vanger: SEE

Zalachenko: SEE

Niedermann: SEE

Plague: SEE

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to read more opinions on Salander's type. I think she has been typed as SLI, although I disagree. She is rather strong-willed (something SLIs are not IMO), and a merry type (she does not talk to people she dislikes; serious types prefer not to break relationships with people they dislike and embrace a more diplomatic approach to life).

And, of course, her relationship with Kalle Blomkvist...she seems to fall in love with him, although when she realizes Blomkvist and Berger are forever lovers, she feels really upset. Theoretically, losing a dual is more painful than losing another type...

Any ideas?
    ILE "Searcher"

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Her first guardian, Palmgren, advises her not to react and try to think before acting. If anything, this could be a Socionics benefit relationship: Palmgren (LII) encourages Salander (SLI) to use !
    ILE "Searcher"

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree about Salander as LII but I don't know how to explain it. So I can't really say anything. I'm guessing you probably read all the books, and since I have not, I can't go much further until I have. I have various suspicions, but I just can't talk about them because I haven't read the books. And I don't know if I ever will. I can only say lame things like I think the IME Salander is using basically all the time in her work is Te and that I have trouble seeing how she could possibly be Se PoLR. Her relationship with Blomkvist doesn't have to be perfect for them to be duals. My suspicion is that he didn't pick up on enough of her signals (and since she's kind of autistic, well, no big surprise there) and that although she became really devoted to him she realized that he just would never reciprocate her deep feelings and so she tried to write him out of her life (and who knows, it seemed in the Sweedish films he might have suspected which was why he tried to have the relationship talk with her at the end of the first film--and to this all she could say was she really liked having sex with him). He did, however, remain insanely devoted to her as a friend and didn't really need her reciprocation to continue being devoted to her and trying to help her from afar (and he understood she doesn't know how to respond to that). Anyway I don't know how IEE-SLI duality is supposed to work anyway in the romantic sense. A lot of IEEs and ILEs seems kind of flaky to me where (romantic) relationships are concerned, like it can be near impossible to stick with one person (the ILE more easily forgets emotional connections and for the IEE the grass is always greener on the other side of the road). I think it was a bad idea for them to have sex. For Blomkvist it didn't mean anything super special and for Salander maybe she didn't think it did at first and was blinded to her feelings by the physicality of it. But it doesn't matter. Blomkvist is hung up Erika and it seems he kind of always will be, especially considering I think that Erika really likes having her two "husbands" and the relationships aren't complete for her without both of them, and she is able to keep Blomkvist from floating away (I think he knows how important to her he is). And there's a huge age difference between Blomkvist and Salander, which I'm sure factors into everything (being in different places in life). So I think that their working relationship might speak more to their duality. Also, I'd mention that Salander probably doesn't easily fall in love, at all, so that she began feeling that way about Blomkvist could be a little significant.

Now that I've said all of this, I'm not sure anymore. I might consider LII more if I read the books. Without reading them it's just pointless for me to go on about that. I did feel that possibly some strange Ti statement was being made when she put on the full goth attire at the end of the third movie.

Oh actually I think that Salander is rather emotionally harsh and unforgiving... she readily seems to place character judgments on people. She holds long grudges. She seeks revenge. I don't think she's emotionally objective at all.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Stieg Larsson: LII

Lisbeth Salander: LII

Mikael "Kalle" Blomkvist: IEE

Erika Berger: LSE (Berger+Blomkvist, activity partners)

Erika's husband: ILI

Teleborian: LIE

Henrik Vanger: LSE

Zalachenko: SLE

Niedermann: LSI

Plague: ILE
    Most of these typings I agree with, except I type Salander and Plague as SLI, Henrik as LII.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Most of these typings I agree with, except I type Salander and Plague as SLI, Henrik as LII.
    Lisbeth Salander, SLI.
    ILE "Searcher"

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Stieg is SLI

Compare that to John Hughs, LSE

-
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mikael Blomkvist IEE
    Lisbeth Salander SLI
    Erika Berger LSE

I could see Henrik Vanger as LSE too.

Any ideas on Martin Vanger's type?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agarina View Post
    Mikael Blomkvist IEE
    Lisbeth Salander SLI
    Erika Berger LSE

I could see Henrik Vanger as LSE too.

Any ideas on Martin Vanger's type?
    LIE?
    ILE "Searcher"

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Oh actually I think that Salander is rather emotionally harsh and unforgiving... she readily seems to place character judgments on people. She holds long grudges. She seeks revenge. I don't think she's emotionally objective at all.
    Yeah. She also doesn't have a problem with being in unfamiliar places, living like a cockroach, and being around and going into dangerous situations.
    She has great situational instincts and she's smart without making it obvious, which could go with introversion.
    I thought ISFj personally, since the way she lives and her revenge thing could go more with an unvalued, demonstrating function. I guess she could be a dark ISFj or maybe that's supposed to be an INTp. It's part of the reason why I consider I might be more ISFj than anything else. Delta seems like a funny suggestion for her.

re. Lisbeth. I only watched the movies (both versions) like years ago. I think ISTx.

Fincher Film Intro -- because it's awesome:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY4f_83t_rw.
    Last edited by Moonbeaux Rainfox; 11-17-2015 at 04:21 PM.

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wasp View Post
    ok I KNOW I wrote a long post arguing that Lisbeth Salander is ESI but @Cosmic Teapot what do you think of Lisbeth Salander as SLI-Te?

ever since you challenged my typing of Katniss Everdeen as ESI - your SLI typing has been floating around in the back of my mind. I went back and re-read the first book of the series (skimmed, is more like it) and I think I see what you mean now. I guess I saw Fi HA in Lisbeth but I don't think I fully considered how Te-seeking might've factored into my ESI typing. I might've been thrown off by the Delta stereotypes + I was young and dumb and 21 (it rhymes ok), but the rationale behind my typings of Lisbeth and Katniss were similar, which is why I'm curious if you'd type Lisbeth similarly. there's just something about the scene where she tosses the leather jacket she bought for Mikael in the trash after she catches him with Erika outside his apartment.

Its been ages since I've read the book so I don't really know about her type. Although I find aggressor > pseudo-aggressor>> caregiver more likely
    As for the the Katniss = ESI typing just go ahead and have your own opinions

Total sweetheart PussyInASarcophagus's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE 8w9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fincher version cause it has standards and prowess unlike the Sweden soap opera.

Lisbeth Salander: ESI, iffy on her being ILI
    Mikhail Blomkvist: SEE. He's IEE in the books and trilogy but he was clearly SEE here.
    Erika Berger: LSE
    Henrik Vanger: maybe IEI?
    Martin Vanger: LIE all the way