Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

i don't know much about him and just started reading one of his books but i think i want him to be ILI please?

TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I've looked through an interview and my first thought was that ILI is very likely. He sounds dynamic + process making him be on the D-A supervision chain which is ILI-LSE-SEI-EIE.

CB: You don't want readers to feel you're hiding an insecurity about what you're describing behind a little firework display of language.
    and this has sealed the deal hehe

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably Beta NF, or just NF. I read a book of his (Cabal), it was so hard follow and the events were so counter-intuitive... Otherwise I played Undying and it was awesome, really good horror game.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    Probably Beta NF, or just NF. I read a book of his (Cabal) it was so hard follow and the events were so counter-intuitive...
    thats the one i'm reading right now, i'm not very far in yet and the shape-shifter thing is a bit goofy but i like how he writes.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kassie View Post
    thats the one i'm reading right now, i'm not very far in yet and the shape-shifter thing is a bit goofy but i like how he writes.
    Yeah while Undying is somewhat "classic" (but then again, it is a computer game, not a book of his), in Cabal everything is strange and totally unfamiliar. You know, when you read about ghosts, specters, undeads, vampires, you know what they mean, but those creatures in Cabal are likw "wtf?" you don't know what it's all about, what their powers and intentions should be. I also could not identify with the decisions the main character was making, to me it was like he was looking for trouble and being caught in the most vulnerable position.

I vaguely remember some sort of abandoned restaurant (IIRC?) and I was thinking wtf is he doing here? I don't remember if the main character survives, but I guess the point of the story is he becomes as gutted and fucked up as possible.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damnation Game was good and could have been adapted into an excellent movie, but everything else I read by Barker 20,000,000 years ago was kinda lame.

Around 1997-98 I recall hearing Barker as a guest with Neil Gaiman on Mancow's radio show, and racial comedian D.L. Hughley, who was also booked to appear at the same time in the studio with these two openly homosexual horror/fantasy writers, could only keep nervously repeating "Y'all need some Jesus!"

That is all.