Thread: Je/Pe/Ji/Pi

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Je/Pe/Ji/Pi

Am I correct in thinking that types that value Je and Ji, as opposed to Pe and Pi, appear to be more:

-serious
    -outwardly strict
    -uptight
    -tend towards regulation
    -stiff

??? If not, then what are the differences?

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^that

Assuming you just mean rational types, then not really no. While XXXj energies tend to be more on the outwardly stiff-side, by my observation they aren't more serious or regulation-oriented than XXXps. Any EXXj E7 can attest to that, esp. ESFj 7s. It's much more dependent on personality really.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by gooey View Post
    Am I correct in thinking that types that value Je and Ji, as opposed to Pe and Pi, appear to be more:

-serious
    -outwardly strict
    -uptight
    -tend towards regulation
    -stiff

??? If not, then what are the differences?
    Perhaps you're thinking of types whose leading function is Je or Ji? Those whose types are EXXj, or Ixxj, are known as rational. And yes, they generally possess some of the characteristics you mention. You can look up more on rational vs. irrational for more information.

As Ashton said, all types "value" one of each. For example, an ENTj leads with Te, and is rational, possessing some of the characteristics you mention, but also values Fi, (a Ji), Se (a Pe), and Ni (a Pi), even though he is only strong in 2 of those areas, Te and Ni, he still "values" Fi and Se. Does that make sense?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes it does. Forgive my ignorance on this subject, I just saw it listed with a subtype system claiming that certain subtypes use Je and Ji more while others use Pi and Pe more...I personally don't even know if subtypes exist but it caught my interest because I had never heard of these terms before.