Thread: i can haz type nao?

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fairylights View Post
    Thank you. This is very helpful. I'll try to answer your questions as best as I can.
    You're welcome.

1. What kind of lifestyle do you have?
    I need plenty of privacy and space to be comfortable but I also need some constant element of human contact at low levels, otherwise I get isolated and sad. I don't place much of an emphasis on having stuff. If anything, having too much stuff around makes me uncomfortable because I hate clutter but don't feel capable of dealing with it myself. I like to hang out with friends occasionally but in small, low-key settings. I'm very timid around large numbers of unfamiliar people and end up wall-flowering or clinging frantically to the one person I do know at bigger parties.

I moved away from home when I was fairly young because while I love my family, I value my independence very highly and it is difficult to preserve around people who are that talkative, curious, and meddlesome. I have a hard time asserting boundaries so I prefer not to put myself in situations where they will likely be disrespected on a regular basis.
    Well to me this indicates introversion and an / preference, but not necessarily as I can relate to what you wrote as well to an extent and I'm an extravert.

2. Do you enjoy debating and what kind of topics do you prefer to discuss?
    I don't ENJOY debating per se, but I'm okay with it so long as the tone of the conversation isn't overtly confrontational. Some kind of cut and thrust does often result in the generation of interesting ideas and novel perspectives and I like that but I can't stand arguments over insignificant details that really don't matter in the greater scheme of things, or debates that are laced with personal hostility.

Usually, I enjoy debates that focus on philosophy, particularly anything that has to do with epistemology. It's not just interesting; it's also a great way to build mental muscle. I usually dislike debates that have to do with religion and politics. I'm prepared to listen to other people's views if they want to share them and will vigorously support their right to hold the views they do but I have my opinions on these matters and I'm happy with them and I don't feel the need to defend them constantly. It is irritating when people expect me to do this or keep trying to convince me of perspectives that I've already visibly evaluated and decided I don't believe in.

In general, I like talking about people and psychology and relationships and literature and history and art as well. I prefer conversations that are focused on an exchange of ideas rather than on beating any particular point of view into the ground.
    I think you're most likely an ethical type from what you've stated.

3. How would you describe your overall behavior around others?
    Mild and placid with occasional sparks of animation and a slightly caustic edge every now and then. Warm, concerned, and supportive when my sympathies are engaged, distant and passive when they're not.
    Interesting, I'd guess that you're most likely ethical and possibly introverted or intuitive.

From what you've told me I've narrowed down your type to SEI, IEE and EII.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SEI confirm.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought I'd post some extracts from a Type Me thread I made on another typology forum to give you guys more information to work on.

1) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
    So many things. Inspiration because new ideas are like pop rocks for my brain; I love the fizz and effervescence of making new connections or leaps in thought or shifts in perspective. Vitality because I'm usually rather sluggish and getting through life can sometimes feel like wading through thick, sticky maple syrup. Fulfillment because life often feels like a quest for an elusive something that'll make me feel complete, and I'd like to experience the feeling of completion, only I don't know what it'll take to get me there.

True love would also be nice (I found it since typing up this questionnaire! ), as would the ability to speak in public without feeling so much as a twinge of nervousness. And so would a piece of chocolate, right about now.

2) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
    I sat down one evening with a cup of coffee, plugged in my headphones, and put Darth Vader's theme on repeat on iTunes by way of motivation. A few minutes later, things clicked in my head and the words flowed and flowed and flowed for the next eighteen hours.

I put the last period on the last footnote, splayed my aching fingers and sobbed with relief when I was done.

3) What makes you feel inferior?
    Failing to live up to my own expectations. This triggers a huge wave of insecurity and then nearly everything and everyone makes me feel insecure, especially people who are smarter, kinder, braver, quicker, prettier, or happier than me. When I'm really down, I even get jealous of trees because they are so much better than I am. Poor grades and petty concerns about physical appearance also do this, among many other things. Looking around me, seeing so much that's wrong, and being helpless to fix it in any meaningful way.

4) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
    I make a decision once I've begun to arrive at some sort of congruence between what I think and how I feel, because that's how I know I'm right. I stick my head in the sand and refuse to acknowledge formally that there's a problem until this happens, which is not really the best way of dealing with things, but oh well.

I usually consider other people when making major decisions. Not causing pain is an important priority. However, I've made a couple of major decisions where I consciously put self-interest above other people's considerations and felt no qualms about it because I didn't feel like I could have acted in any other way and still been happy. However, they weren't decisions that caused anyone an inordinate amount of emotional upheaval, because that would most probably have put a very different spin on things. I aim to inflict as little harm and hurt as possible.

5) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
    I initially emphasize the ends more than the means but might get distracted by incidental items of interest and end up taking a somewhat longer route than originally envisioned. Regardless, I want the outcome to be perfect (though perfection may take one one of several different forms.)

I can ensure that this is actually the case if I'm working on it alone so this is what I prefer. If I'm working in a group where I'm confident of everyone else's abilities and I know we all want to do the best job we can, I don't need to be in control because I trust people to do their bit.

I find group projects where other people are messing around and ruining things with their ineptitude incredibly annoying. I hate being in charge because I really don't like telling people what to do, but I feel very frustrated if they're not doing a good job. I make sure to do my part, try to make sure we're all on the same page if no one else has assumed that role, and offer my help, but if I'm sufficiently annoyed the others, I begin distancing myself from the group mentally and stop caring about how things will turn out because they have it coming.

6) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
    It really depends on what I need to learn, but in general, I'm not a hands on learner. It's much easier for me to theorize and memorize. I like to take in new information by reading or talking to informed people and I have to be an active participant if I want to absorb the material. I learn best when I make copious notes in the margins as I go along or when I talk to someone as opposed to having them talk at me.

Once I've done that, I try to connect the new information to other things I know about. Essentially, I have to weave it into my mental web. Once I've done that, I like to brainstorm with other people or read more extensively on the subject to see if there are any particular aspects I haven't considered. One of my favorite things to do is present the topic to someone else as though I'm teaching them about it because it helps me organize my thoughts and is a good way to gauge how well I've understood it. After that, I reevaluate and fine-tune as necessary.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

7) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
    Ha. Not at all. My room is a shambles, my desk is a shambles, and I'm chronically dashing into places just in the nick of time or turning things in at the very last minute. Organization just seems like the dullest kind of chore.

Things could be worse, I suppose. I'm responsible with money and make it a point to pay all my bills immediately and in full, and I try to avoid unnecessary responsibility but honor commitments once I make them. And I'm clearly organized enough that things manage to work out somehow, so … yeah.

8) How do you judge new ideas? Do you try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
    Probably the first. If the new idea is pleasing to the imagination, then I move on to looking for specific examples and information that support it. If not, I don't really bother. It's difficult to get myself to care about ideas without a sound or at the very least entertaining basis because they're just not very interesting to think about.

9) Do you find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
    Sort of, but it's less about pleasing the group and more about dealing with the individuals' concerns as I relate to those more easily. I have a hands off approach when things are going well but if a situation calls for my contribution or mediation, then I'm happy to provide it if someone asks. I rarely offer advice or help of my own accord unless I see someone in so much pain that I can't not jump in with my two cents.

I don't associate myself with groups that go against what I believe in or require me to be someone I'm not. If it comes to that, I just leave. If that's not an option, I get crankier and crankier and eventually end up bitching everyone out. While it's nice to be part of a group where everyone gets along and there's a good blend of similar outlooks and different perspectives, I don't need to belong to one to be happy and I'm certainly not going to stick around if it's making me unhappy.

10) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
    I usually think before I speak, partly because I need time to process information and partly because I don't want to sound like an idiot. This is not to say that my tongue never runs away with me, so I do say my share of tactless, uninformed, or just plain goofy things.

I like one-on-one discussions provided there's a good synergy with the other person involved; otherwise, I'd rather be in a group because there's nothing as awkward as being trapped in a conversation with someone you can't think of anything to say to. Large groups make me uncomfortable because I get shy and feel like I don't have a voice anymore; generally speaking, I can deal with groups between three and six people comfortably.

11) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speak more than words?
    I'm occasionally impulsive but I usually like to have some idea of what I'm getting into before doing it. I don't need to know every little detail because that would make things very dull but I like to have a vague sense of what's going on before jumping straight into it.

Actions don't necessarily speak louder than words; some people are more action-oriented and others more contemplative so they have very different modes of expressing themselves. It doesn't make either one better or worse. That said, there needs to be congruence, or at least an attempt at congruence between words and deeds because hypocrisy is despicable.

12) How do you act when you're stressed out?
    We're talking at least three different levels of stress here. The first, mild stress, is a vague feeling of anxiety and guilt when I know there's something I need to take care of and that I'll be doing myself a favor if I get it out of the way quickly but I just don't feel like doing it because I'd rather be doing something that's more immediately gratifying.

The second is a period of sheer panic that kicks my faculties into hyperdrive -- this is how I feel when I have something due the next day and I'm hyped up on caffeine and very little sleep and suddenly ideas start exploding in my brain even as my eyes start to droop and I sit in place for sixteen hours at a stretch and crank out whatever I need to do like a machine. I'm HEAVILY dependent on this period of creative stress to get things done.

And then there's the third kind, the catatonic kind that comes with depression and makes me feel incapable of being a real human being and leaves me huddling in bed all day, feeling like a gloopy mass of goo that's beyond redemption and will never amount to anything.

13) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
    Deliberate cruelty, superficiality, disingenuousness, unnecessary aggression, and materialism.

14) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
    I'm pretty careless about things like eating regularly or getting enough sleep and it bugs me when my body starts making demands for these things when I'd rather be doing something else. The same goes for cleaning, I like clean and organized spaces but it takes too long, and keeping on top of deadlines because there's always something else in the moment that seems more attractive even though I know things need to get done in the long run and I worry about them. I pay very little attention to my surroundings, I usually just walk around in a daze and cross the street blithely without looking and then suddenly find myself in the middle of a crossroads, surrounded by furiously honking cars on all sides. People are mean to pedestrians!

15) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality?
    What a strange question. I can't lump all my friends' perceptions into one category because they are different people and have different ways of perceiving the world. I can't claim to know what they think or how they see me. That said, I don't feel chronically misunderstood by my friends. It's generally perceived that I'm good natured and a little flaky with a serious and introspective core.

Some of my friends probably assume that I'm more thick-skinned than I actually am, at least about myself, and only a very few are privy to the depressive aspect ofmy personality.

One thing I know for sure: none of my friends would call me organized; nor would they describe as assertive. They're right on both counts.

16) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
    A nice early start in an unfamiliar city with a map in one hand and a bus pass in the other, and a willing accomplice in tow. I love cities, especially big cities with a lot of history and good public transport, and I'd like to be able just to walk around and follow every stray whim and explore whatever caught my fancy at my own pace.
    Last edited by fairylights; 02-06-2012 at 04:34 AM.

TIM
    LIE-Ni (Ne)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    SEI confirm.
    This doesn't make sense. She has stated her preference for rational thought, and her displeasure with introverted sensing. SEI would make her irrational and prefer the function she dislikes.

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrRTR View Post
    This doesn't make sense. She has stated her preference for rational thought, and her displeasure with introverted sensing. SEI would make her irrational and prefer the function she dislikes.
    I don't dislike Si, per se, I'm just not good at it, I'm not good at recognizing what my body tells me and I'm definitely not good at recreating pleasant sensations for myself or others. I think it's a great thing to do, just not a role that I can play easily.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh, Maritsa's just unreasonable about who gets to be Delta rationals. Go ahead and list EII as your sociotype.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Thank you. This is very helpful. I'll try to answer your questions as best as I can.

1. What kind of lifestyle do you have?
    I need plenty of privacy and space to be comfortable but I also need some constant element of human contact at low levels, otherwise I get isolated and sad. I don't place much of an emphasis on having stuff. If anything, having too much stuff around makes me uncomfortable because I hate clutter but don't feel capable of dealing with it myself. I like to hang out with friends occasionally but in small, low-key settings. I'm very timid around large numbers of unfamiliar people and end up wall-flowering or clinging frantically to the one person I do know at bigger parties.

I moved away from home when I was fairly young because while I love my family, I value my independence very highly and it is difficult to preserve around people who are that talkative, curious, and meddlesome. I have a hard time asserting boundaries so I prefer not to put myself in situations where they will likely be disrespected on a regular basis.

2. Do you enjoy debating and what kind of topics do you prefer to discuss?
    I don't ENJOY debating per se, but I'm okay with it so long as the tone of the conversation isn't overtly confrontational. Some kind of cut and thrust does often result in the generation of interesting ideas and novel perspectives and I like that but I can't stand arguments over insignificant details that really don't matter in the greater scheme of things, or debates that are laced with personal hostility.

Usually, I enjoy debates that focus on philosophy, particularly anything that has to do with epistemology. It's not just interesting; it's also a great way to build mental muscle. I usually dislike debates that have to do with religion and politics. I'm prepared to listen to other people's views if they want to share them and will vigorously support their right to hold the views they do but I have my opinions on these matters and I'm happy with them and I don't feel the need to defend them constantly. It is irritating when people expect me to do this or keep trying to convince me of perspectives that I've already visibly evaluated and decided I don't believe in.

In general, I like talking about people and psychology and relationships and literature and history and art as well. I prefer conversations that are focused on an exchange of ideas rather than on beating any particular point of view into the ground.

3. How would you describe your overall behavior around others?
    Mild and placid with occasional sparks of animation and a slightly caustic edge every now and then. Warm, concerned, and supportive when my sympathies are engaged, distant and passive when they're not.
    Above hi-lights are a combination of Si and Ne.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Oh, Maritsa's just unreasonable about who gets to be Delta rationals. Go ahead and list EII as your sociotype.
    That would be a worse relation then if she were a conflict relations to LIE, bf.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't dislike Si, per se, I'm just not good at it, I'm not good at recognizing what my body tells me and I'm definitely not good at recreating pleasant sensations for myself or others. I think it's a great thing to do, just not a role that I can play easily.
    Ahh, so you can recognize when you're comfortable, which is a "state" and not recognize that you're Si?

You posted:

-

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahh, so you can recognize when you're comfortable, which is a "state" and not recognize that you're Si?

You posted:

Most if not all introverts feel uncomfortably when people crowd them and invade their personal space. This evidence is flimsy at best. You seem to have a distressing habit of concentrating on superficialities.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Most if not all introverts feel uncomfortably when people crowd them and invade their personal space. This evidence is flimsy at best. You seem to have a distressing habit of concentrating on superficialities.
    Do you realize what you're saying? Object (clutter) makes you feel (change in internal state caused by object) uncomfortable. I don't care what makes you feel those things; it can be a door nob for all I care. I observed internal dynamics; that's it.

Let me give you an example of Fi...

"I don't like clutter; I think clutter is terrible."

It's all judgment; do you see any expression of change of internal dynamics in those two statements?
    -

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you realize what you're saying? Object (clutter) makes you feel (change in internal state caused by object) uncomfortable. I don't care what makes you feel those things; it can be a door nob for all I care. I observed internal dynamics; that's it.
    Yes, I value Si. However, I am in no way adept enough for it to be my base function. This would be apparent if you read through my responses in their entirety rather than taking bits and pieces out of context to perform the script you've clearly written for yourself in your mind.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ok, if you're ADEPT at Si but don't do it often then you could go with ESI, but certainly not EII. Because only and ONLY!!! DEMONSTRATIVE Si can do what seems like base Si.
    -

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, if you're ADEPT at Si but don't do it often then you could go with ESI, but certainly not EII.
    You've taken your case from base Si to creative Se in a matter of two posts. I hope you realize that there's something wrong with this picture.

Anyway, this is clearly a waste of our time, let's move on, okay?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I didn't change my typing of you. I suggested one you can try out.
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

That would be a worse relation then if she were a conflict relations to LIE, bf.
    Don't be silly. Everyone knows semi-dual is better than conflict.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Don't be silly. Everyone knows semi-dual is better than conflict.
    We'll talk about that in another thread DA.
    -

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

EII sounds good to me.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't change my typing of you. I suggested one you can try out.
    Try one out? What is this, the fitting room at JC Penney?

You're entitled to have any typing of me that you choose. You don't have to change one for my benefit. That's supremely hypocritical. So is peddling what you yourself consider misinformation, which is basically what you just admitted to doing.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You're inviting people to give you suggestions on a type by opening this thread; aren't you "trying things out?"

And the above is rationality and rational thinking.

And, another tiny thing....Fi types ignore Fe. Yes, they ignore sarcastic remarks. No. I suppose it isn't JcPenny. They are a SERIOUS type who hardly joke around.
    -

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're inviting people to give you suggestions on a type by opening this thread; aren't you "trying things out?"

And the above is rationality and rational thinking.
    No. I'm inviting opinions and assessing them according to my own internal standards. It's not the same thing. Also, I expect people to be sincere in offering their opinions. You've proved yourself incapable of doing so. I'm done talking to you about this since I can't trust what you say.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No. I'm inviting opinions and assessing them according to my own internal standards. It's not the same thing. Also, I expect people to be sincere in offering their opinions. You've proved yourself incapable of doing so. I'm done talking to you about this since I can't trust what you say.
    Sounds Fe to me..."truth" and "trust"

I am done here. Leaving.
    -

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ekpyrosos View Post
    PWNT
    NO U.

Ahem. Well. Anyone else?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i havent really analyzed you or anything but it popped out at me that so much of what you say sounds like a sterotype of se polr. finding it hard to assert yourself, being scared of loud people, trouble asserting boundaries, disliking confrontational tones, not being visually oriented, etc. etc. etc. not that any of these things are all that important by themselves but its interesting how they add up like that. i was thinking you must already identify with se-polr and probably eii before i found out you werent typing yourself yet. (lol sorry to focus on the polr thing but its just what i noticed)

welcome btw!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Some people go through lots of types, trying each on for size and retrying others, upset that they can only get one.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some people go through lots of types, trying each on for size and retrying others, upset that they can only get one.
    Not me. I'm looking for The One!! But it needs to fit really really well.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

No please don't associate this with JC Penney, because we cater to a mid to upmarket urban crowd and JC Penney is dreadfully suburban.

This forum is more akin to a H&M, Zara, Gap(but not old navy) and department stores such as Macy's.

Also this is a Urban Outfitter, Antropologie and Abercrombie and Fitch free zone. Punishment for American Eagle is death penalty.

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    No please don't associate this with JC Penney, because we cater to a mid to upmarket urban crowd with a and JC Penney is dreadfully suburban.

This forum is more akin to a H&M, Zara, Gap(but not old navy) and department stores such as Macy's.

Also this is a Urban Outfitter, Antropologie and Abercrombie and Fitch free zone. Punishment for American Eagle is death penalty.
    I'd like to talk to the manager please.

Kidding! Y'all have been really helpful and I appreciate it.

Creepy-Snaps

Fairylights, I believe you are SEI as well. Just as a quick heads-up... don't bother arguing with Maritsa on this forum... that will save you hours/months of your life.

First impression was SEI, I agree with Traveler, Ne/Si ethical introvert, then considered EII as others suggested. But I'm just not seeing it. Fi leading types, EIIs and ESIs, tend to be much shyer, more to-the-point, and less expressive. Here's an example of strong Si:

I guess it's because I'm not very visually oriented despite being very susceptible to beauty. There's a particular feeling that hits me when I'm walking someplace and I suddenly see someone or something that's aesthetically compelling ... a sort of spontaneous welling of appreciation, if you will.
    Practically textbook Si. Also, I want to point out the following quote, as it's a great combination of Si+Fe:

2) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
    I sat down one evening with a cup of coffee, plugged in my headphones, and put Darth Vader's theme on repeat on iTunes by way of motivation. A few minutes later, things clicked in my head and the words flowed and flowed and flowed for the next eighteen hours.

I put the last period on the last footnote, splayed my aching fingers and sobbed with relief when I was done.
    This is HUGE Si+Fe. SEIs really know how to set a mood, an environment, to help them feel better: coffee, music with headphones, describing the period, the aching in your fingers, all physical sensations...

That, plus your love for things aesthetically pleasing, gives me huge reason to think Si leading.

Also, notice how creative and LONG your writing is. An ESI or EII doesn't write in nearly that much detail! Also, your vivid style of expressing yourself also reminds me some of BnD... Bullets and Doves, Sam, who also enjoys writing. You share Fe, are expressive. Your joking about crying, 'sobbing', etc. You share your emotions very easily.

But my boyfriend is an ENTj!

*panics and freaks out*
    Like others mentioned, he may be ILE, and you two may easily be duals. Generally, it can save you months of frustration, to focus on typing yourself first, getting that right, before basing your relationships with others off of an ever-changing view of yourself.

Especially, if both of you are fairly new to socionics... I see just joining the forum this month, February 2012, in the past 6 days... take some time to get to know the functions. When you say 'Te POLR doesn't make sense for me, that can't be it'... do you know what Te POLR means? Sometimes it can take 6 months to know the nuances of the functions.

What I'm saying is keep an open mind. Especially if you're brand new. Some of us have been studying socionics for years, and have a lot of experience with typing people. Of course I'm not saying we're perfect... I may be wrong with SEI. That's always a possibility. But in my opinion, SEI makes a huge amount of sense at this point in time.

No strong opinion of your boyfriend after seeing a handful of posts... would like to see more to confirm a more accurate guess... but most obvious is logical...

But as for you, I say SEI.

Hope that helps!

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    Fairylights, I believe you are SEI as well. Just as a quick heads-up... don't bother arguing with Maritsa on this forum... that will save you hours/months of your life.

First impression was SEI, I agree with Traveler, Ne/Si ethical introvert, then considered EII as others suggested. But I'm just not seeing it. Fi leading types, EIIs and ESIs, tend to be much shyer, more to-the-point, and less expressive. Here's an example of strong Si:

Practically textbook Si. Also, I want to point out the following quote, as it's a great combination of Si+Fe:

This is HUGE Si+Fe. SEIs really know how to set a mood, an environment, to help them feel better: coffee, music with headphones, describing the period, the aching in your fingers, all physical sensations...

That, plus your love for things aesthetically pleasing, gives me huge reason to think Si leading.

Also, notice how creative and LONG your writing is. An ESI or EII doesn't write in nearly that much detail! Also, your vivid style of expressing yourself also reminds me some of BnD... Bullets and Doves, Sam, who also enjoys writing. You share Fe, are expressive. Your joking about crying, 'sobbing', etc. You share your emotions very easily.

Like others mentioned, he may be ILE, and you two may easily be duals. Generally, it can save you months of frustration, to focus on typing yourself first, getting that right, before basing your relationships with others off of an ever-changing view of yourself.

Especially, if both of you are fairly new to socionics... I see just joining the forum this month, February 2012, in the past 6 days... take some time to get to know the functions. When you say 'Te POLR doesn't make sense for me, that can't be it'... do you know what Te POLR means? Sometimes it can take 6 months to know the nuances of the functions.

What I'm saying is keep an open mind. Especially if you're brand new. Some of us have been studying socionics for years, and have a lot of experience with typing people. Of course I'm not saying we're perfect... I may be wrong with SEI. That's always a possibility. But in my opinion, SEI makes a huge amount of sense at this point in time.

No strong opinion of your boyfriend after seeing a handful of posts... would like to see more to confirm a more accurate guess... but most obvious is logical...

But as for you, I say SEI.

Hope that helps!
    Thanks! This is a super useful post and you've given me insight into some ideas that I hadn't previously considered. I'm definitely quite expressive through writing although not verbally (well, when I want to be ... the rest of the time I'm like a clam), I do like painting pictures with words, and I love art. I'll put SEI back in the list of candidates.

I've been reading about socionics for a few months now actually, maybe three or four and I still really do think I'm Te valuing. But there's definite food for thought here, and I'll think on it.

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone told me yesterday that I'm quite evidently Ni-dom.

Le sigh. What does it all mean?!

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It means none of those replies above apply to you.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni dominates are spacey, dreamy, etherial, like your avatar.

Creepy-Snaps

Is that person credible? Do they have a lot of socionics experience? Do others normally agree with their typings? All important questions before worrying about what they say.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Is that person credible? Do they have a lot of socionics experience? Do others normally agree with their typings? All important questions before worrying about what they say.
    Sounds great but you shot yourself in the head now or is it foot you say? Never mind. Thing is you pose questions that you, yourself do not abide by.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Sounds great but you shot yourself in the head now or is it foot you say? Never mind. Thing is you pose questions that you, yourself do not abide by.
    How so? I do pay attention to who is saying something. When have I contradicted myself?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

How so? I do pay attention to who is saying something. When have I contradicted myself?
    You have to provide fairylights with a credible socionics person now, in other words, person you think is credible.

TIM
    LIE - Ni
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reading your post, I don't think you are an Ni ego. As SEI you are set to have an Ni role function. Which may lead to a confusion.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast