Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you want to be another type?

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Would you want to be another type?

And why?

I myself often wish I were an SEE, so I could get myself a nice ILI girl and spank her while having sex. Seriously.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    And why?

I myself often wish I were an SEE, so I could get myself a nice ILI girl and spank her while having sex. Seriously.
    The good news is, you don't have to be an SEE to fulfill that fantasy.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    The good news is, you don't have to be an SEE to fulfill that fantasy.
    With an SEI for a GF, it will remain a fantasy.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Creepy-Snaps

With an SEI for a GF, it will remain a fantasy.
    Have you tried spanking her already?

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    Have you tried spanking her already?
    One of the first things I did, over 4 years ago. Didn't go down well ;-)

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i feel like life would be easier if i were estp or esfp (not as easy from what i've observed). i envY the waY esxps seem to function.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I want to be a different type in some situations, but overall I am quite content with my own.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I want to be an LSE; I like that they can estimate the advantages of their actions and that they are usually right about their choices which makes most of them very very successful. I don't have the ability to do this.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    Yeah I want to be SLE, life looks easy for them.
    My impression is that undualized SLEs at some stage always become victim to alcoholism ;-)

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

That would be like asking if I would want to be born of another race. While I have nothing against other races, I wouldnt want to change mine, and unless I have access to Michael Jackson's dermatologist, its a bit pointless to comtemplate it. Same goes for types.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm happy with being a delta NF, but don't like the IJ temperament or Se polr at all. I guess I'd want to be an IEE, preferably Ne-subtype. By my experience they are really easy-going, spontaneous and fun to be around and have the energy/ability to go chase their dreams and fulfill whatever idea crosses their mind. With me it's like I have all these great ideas, but lack the ability to put them in action completely. I'd love to be good at initiating contact with new people, to travel a lot more than I do, live in different places, go hitchhiking in Europe, try plenty of new hobbies and activities and whatever, get involved in all kinds of fun projects and groups and learn all there is to learn about everything and anything! I try to do these things of course but organizing events/trips or even spending time with new people can be extremely exhausting and at some point (fairly soon) I just get stuck in an introvert loop and need to go home and sleep. So sometimes it feels like life passes me by.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Agarina, I think what you describe is fourish. Fours are always on the lookout for whats missing in their lives, and usually its something that seems unusual, rare. Life passing you by seems like the fours typical self thought "when will my real life actually begin?" I know because I am too a four, and relate strongly.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Two Little Satans View Post
    Agarina, I think what you describe is fourish. Fours are always on the lookout for whats missing in their lives, and usually its something that seems unusual, rare. Life passing you by seems like the fours typical self thought "when will my real life actually begin?" I know because I am too a four, and relate strongly.
    This is a four thing?

I've felt this way my entire fucking life.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    This is a four thing?

I've felt this way my entire fucking life.
    You could also be depressed.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Two Little Satans View Post
    Yeah, sounds reasonable. I'd like to find a way to get over it somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    My type is obscenely awesome, so I don't wish to be another.
    I concur.

Maybe sometimes I wonder how being an IP type would feel, in terms of approach to life.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    My type is obscenely awesome, so I don't wish to be another.
    I have a similarly self-assertive response: Whatever type I chose, I'd be as awesome as ever, so it makes no difference.

Seriously though, I like how I am and that's why I also like my type. I can see the qualities and strengths of others, but also their weaknesses. That's why I wouldn't want to change my type/my personality.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could also be depressed.
    People's happiness thermometers are set to about the same "temperature" their whole lives, though, according to neurological studies--meaning some people are just prone to being happier or sadder than others. In a way, then, sadness too can be innate (the way one's sociotype or enneagram type is, for instance, although I'm not familiar enough with the latter system.)

I wouldn't say I'm depressed now, although I have gone through darker periods in the past. I've actually used that phrase before irl though ("waiting for my life to really begin") to describe how I feel about everything, constantly. It's more as if the world outside can't always "match" what I want of it. I have this incredible disappointed hunger to find the sheer "density" of experience just going about in the world and making real contact with it, in the same way that one can encounter an incredibly moving piece of art or a beautiful object and feel for a moment that the world is made of black magic. Sometimes I think the problem is myself and sometimes I'm scared it's the world. I think for that reason I'm drawn to people who are good at having adventures (good and bad adventures)--it's as if they can accomplish that thing externally that I can only accomplish internally, if that makes sense.

I would like to try another sociotype. SLI and IEI in particular. I also admire EIE's--they don't need rest, they have this incredible ability to make a difference, and they're charming as hell.

TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm happy with being a delta NF, but don't like the IJ temperament or Se polr at all.
    this this this that this. Im ok with NF, and delta NF but I would like to have a bit less teh "boring" aura IJ have, and like to have more confidence. And generally a more "harmonious" personna (Im not the most healthy EII, thought) and somewhat less creepy on certain side.
    Im not especially attracted for IEE change personnaly, those I know are too volatile even if funny. Moreover I would prefer to be sometime smth like IEI, ILE ^^, this could add some precision in my knowledge, and natural harmoniousness (if this word exist ??) of IEI, before returning my normal EII self.
    If only brief/situationnal type change was possible

This is a four thing?
    this is more a neurotic thing than a four thing imo
    "The final delusion is the belief that one has lost all delusion."

-- Maurice Chapelain

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm also content with being delta, be it any other delta type. However, I would like to change some traits in myself I believe might be connected with my type - the fact that I have many ideas and I find it difficult to make them happen. Sometimes I feel as if I was in some kind of vicious circle. I know what should be done but I somehow lack the power or courage to do that . I would also like to have some more confidence and be more stable - not to worry so much, not to get depressed easily. Probably I just need to balance my N and F. EII seems interesting to me, I think they don't have such problems or they are not that developed.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noid View Post

this is more a neurotic thing than a four thing imo
    Can we agree that its a neurotic four thing?

Edit: Im assuming, (and correct me if Im wrong) that you're saying this because you identify with it and you dont self type as a four. Just to clarfiy: I said it was a four thing, not exclusively a four thing.
    Last edited by Ave; 02-01-2012 at 10:36 AM.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like being IJ. Trying out LSI-Ti for a day would be interesting. Always wanted to try on , though like my type as is.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I'd like to try ESTp as well for reasons already mentioned.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to balance my role and dom transforming myself into superior creature.

Go ahead and say that I don't have any understanding of socionics or I am bound to fail.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

there are things id like to change about my nature but I'm not sure id associate them with any particular type.

extroversion, I want that, at least a trial run.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to be a T type, preferably ENTp-Ne, ENTj-Ni, or ISTj-Se.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont really accept the premise of the question, cause its like asking whether you want to die. the moment you change something so integral to your existence, the current you stops existing.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labocat View Post
    i dont really accept the premise of the question, cause its like asking whether you want to die. the moment you change something so integral to your existence, the current you stops existing.
    Consentingadult marked post as anal.

Perpetual Confusion Machine PistolShrimp's Avatar
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know for sure what type I am, but I'm ok with whatever it is. ILE might be fun to try for a bit, though!

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Consentingadult marked post as anal.
    anal implies that the remark was oblivious to the spirit of the question and irrelevant to it's answering. my comment was neither. i can't see myself turing into a completely different type of person and maintaining a cohesive sense of identity through which to recount the occasion afterwards. that is my answer.

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dunno why anybody would want to be estp, might seem cool or w/e but yeah....you wouldn't wanna be sle. If I were to be a type, i'd probably want to be esfp, cause of their Fi. Unless of course, im just going through a phase...a very long phase.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    EIE's...they're charming as hell.
    Pretty much.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anal implies that the remark was oblivious to the spirit of the question and irrelevant to it's answering. my comment was neither. i can't see myself turing into a completely different type of person and maintaining a cohesive sense of identity through which to recount the occasion afterwards. that is my answer.
    You should read your own reply again then. You said: "i dont really accept the premise of the question". A premise is an assumption that something is true. There is no assumption in my question, let alone this it states something is true. The fact alone that you seem to be looking for 'truth' in something, where none was implied, makes your reply pretty anal. Unless, of course, you don't know what the word 'premise' means.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should read your own reply again then. You said: "i dont really accept the premise of the question". A premise is an assumption that something is true. There is no assumption in my question, let alone this it states something is true. The fact alone that you seem to be looking for 'truth' in something, where none was implied, makes your reply pretty anal. Unless, of course, you don't know what the word 'premise' means.
    it premises that one can change one's type and still remain oneself. any apologies?

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it premises that one can change one's type and still remain oneself. any apologies?
    No, it doesn't assume you can change your type. If I could change my type, I already would have. The question was "Would you want to be another type?", just that, and nothing more. The question didn't assume you can be another type, and it surely didn't assume you can have your cake and eat it, too. These are things you added to the question, not me.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

No, it doesn't assume you can change your type. If I could change my type, I already would have. The question was "Would you want to be another type?", just that, and nothing more. The question didn't assume you can be another type, and it surely didn't assume you can have your cake and eat it, too. These are things you added to the question, not me.
    kassie marked post as anal

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you're raising a vacuous distinction. this debate is won and concluded.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you're raising a vacuous distinction.
    You sound like Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory: you're not just anal, but also autistic.

this debate is won and concluded.
    It is, by me.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i scored almost 0 on the last autism test i did. maybe you should stop making ventured inferences about me cause you're obviously not very good at it.

It is, by me.
    suit yourself. run with it. just leave me alone.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i scored almost 0 on the last autism test i did. maybe you should stop making ventured inferences about me cause you're obviously not very good at it.

suit yourself. run with it. just leave me alone.
    No, I won't. I'm going to "prove" it, it will be fun. You said "you're raising a vacuous distinction." This is true, but only when you look at my question from a Ti-perspective on things. But there are also other perspectives to things, e.g. Fe, Fi, Ne, Ni, Te, Si and Se perspectives. You take my question "Would you want to be another type?", process it only by means of a Ti filter and apparently reach the conclusion that it is an invalid question. Now that's pretty autistic in my dictionary.

But I'm willing to soften my statement: lets just say you're narrow-minded.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast