Thread: What's my subtype?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What's my subtype?

I don't care what sub system you use. I'm trying to figure out what subtype I am by which ones I'm not.

I'm an IEI. I know two other IEIs. The first I'll call A. A is WAY more quiet than me. He has a monotonous-sounding type of voice. He is very shy, has zero energy most of the time, but is still nice. He is very critical though. I have much more energy than A and am much more able to express my emotions to others than he is.

What subtype am I? Thanks!
    Last edited by gooey; 06-14-2017 at 08:34 AM.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking Intuitive subtype, but to make sure..how do you feel about conflict? What would you do, if two of your friends started intensely fighting in front of you?

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Probably ethical subtype if I had to guess, but you need to give more information about yourself rather than just others' information in order for me to make a more accurate approximation of your subtype.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, less about others, more about you. Really the only way to decide these things is to learn the theory for yourself, and see what resonates best.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'd say the Fe-subtype. You seem to inquire about other people's reasoning frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by gooey View Post
    I'm an IEI. I know two other IEIs. The first I'll call A. A is WAY more quiet than me. He has a monotonous-sounding type of voice. He is very shy, has zero energy most of the time, but is still nice. He is very critical though. I have much more energy than A and am much more able to express my emotions to others than he is.
    Likely Ni-sub.

The second IEI I know is pretty similar to me. Our differences? He claims to not have any goal in life and wants to simply live in some deserted island with his loved one. Can't say I feel the same. I have definite goals. I'm more rigid and akward than he is at times...he's more laid back and chill. Also, he LOVES doing random things like greeting random people he's never met. He's more physical than I. Another thing is that I've noticed I tend to avoid people more. When he sees someone he knows, he goes right up to them and starts talking. I think I might intimidate people a little more when first meeting them...but after a min or two, all I do is smile and show my good intentions to them. My smile is like a tick. I can't help doing it and at times I hate it because I feel it's very fake.
    This guy is probably IEI e9 - the peacemaker. E9s are self-forgetful and often don't have a clear plan or agenda of their own, which fits your description of him. They are also positive outlook triad and usually seem easygoing and very laid-back.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, does anyone know if there is a correlation between subtype and enneagram type?

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Also, does anyone know if there is a correlation between subtype and enneagram type?
    One may exist, but for the purposes of typing oneself correlations are irrelevant. Your type combination may be one of lower frequency ones, so orienting by what's generally expected is not going to be of any use. A more accurate way of typing yourself is by self-introspection as well as typing others so that you have some sort of an external reference frame. Right now, for example, you're trying to decide on your subtype by comparing yourself to just 2 other people. If you had not 2 but say 10 examples it would be easier to figure out where you stand in comparison.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    I've heard that IEI-Fes tend to be 4w3, and IEI-Nis tend to be 4w5, but there's probably a buttload of overlap.
    Just going by theory I'd say that's probably right.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm almost certain I'm 4w5 and am definitely NOT Ni-INFp.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    I've heard that IEI-Fes tend to be 4w3, and IEI-Nis tend to be 4w5, but there's probably a buttload of overlap.
    there's also E9 IEIs and I would imagine there would be E6 IEIs as well although I haven't met any

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    there's also E9 IEIs and I would imagine there would be E6 IEIs as well although I haven't met any
    Take a moment to introduce yourself to Bullets&Doves.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'm IEI 4w5 if that means anything...but I'm definitely not Ni-IEI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, nevermind, just took a test (hadn't taken one in like 3 years) and I came out more 4w3...which isn't surprising after looking at the description...STILL THOUGH, does this mean I'm Fe-Sub!? Ni-sub!? Ne-sub!? Te-sub!? etc. opinions!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, nevermind, just took a test (hadn't taken one in like 3 years) and I came out more 4w3...which isn't surprising after looking at the description...STILL THOUGH, does this mean I'm Fe-Sub!? Ni-sub!? Ne-sub!? Te-sub!? etc. opinions!
    Pistachios are pretty tasty.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello fellow IEI, have you considered looking at inert/contact descriptions? you can find them on here somewhere...they're much more helpful/accurate.