Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 64

Thread: EIIs/INFjs - what's your 5 day plan?

  1. #1
    ■■■■■■ Radio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,574
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default EIIs/INFjs - what's your 5 day plan?

    Or 2 day? I don't care how you feel when someone asks you that.

    Today - well it's almost over, so nothing. Probably read a book.
    Tomorrow - Eat, sleep, umm oh, watch the new movie that came out a few days ago. It looks cool.
    Day After Tomorrow - jesus I don't plan that far ahead, what is this

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can answer this one. I am more EII than you Arsal.

    Tonight I'm going to get drunk again to forget and not realise I'm getting drunk to remember.

    Tomorrow in the morning, I'm going to wake up.

    Tomorrow at night I'm going spend quality time with my friends.

    Day after tomorrow I'm going to take care of some things.

  3. #3
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Today: Work. Hope I can get through these shifts without feeling lousy, then never set this schedule again.
    Tomorrow: Get up insanely early and work. Be up most of the day after that, since I can't just fall back asleep. Take a nap. Work really late.
    Monday: School. Hope I can read all the necessary pages in time, since I'll have just gotten the book today, and we're already a good way into it. Work in the evening.
    Tuesday: School. Hope I've gotten the necessary 4-5 pages for my paper due in British Lit 1. Hopefully get a study guide in British Lit 2, since the test is Thursday. I don't think I scheduled myself to work that day.
    Wednesday: Same old. Get a study guide for a test on Friday. Work.

    (Not mentioned above: goofing off.) My life is so exciting.
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  4. #4
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    I feel bad about you asking this

    I don't know what I'm going to do.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I feel bad about you asking this
    Arsal knows how to make one's day crap.

    I don't know what I'm going to do.
    Slide. It's Winter.


  6. #6
    star stuff April's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    chatbox
    TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Posts
    917
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Saturday: Host a Pathfinder group at my place.
    Sunday: Send out thank-you cards I've written for my engagement party. Buy wedding rings.
    Monday: Meetings all friggin' day long.
    Tuesday: Oh my, meetings again!
    Wednesday: Try to finish up work I haven't yet accomplished because of all the damn meetings.

    Every day: Make delicious food. Cuddle with kitties. Watch Netflix. Start fires. Steal candy from babies.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    Every day: Make delicious food. Cuddle with kitties. Watch Netflix. Start fires. Steal candy from babies.
    Haha.

  8. #8
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,723
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nobody's ever asked me my 5-day plan. If they did, I'd probably stare at them, then say something like "Huh?" or "What?" I never have anything I could call a "5-day plan" or a "2-day plan." I plan by the week. Monday thru Sunday.

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  9. #9
    Lobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    TIM
    EII 6w5
    Posts
    2,080
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The idea of making a 5-day plan makes me cringe unless I have to. Time is a bitch, anything can happen tomorrow.

  10. #10
    . willekeurig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,512
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm making stuffed chicken fillets and drinking wine with Aqua's SLI brother just now. After that I don't know
    Last edited by willekeurig; 01-29-2012 at 07:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

  11. #11
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Day 1: oh yea
    Day 2: oh yea
    Day 3: oh yea
    Day 4: oh yea
    Day 5: shoot i don't even know

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agarina View Post
    I'm making stuffed chicken fillets and drinking wine with Aqua's SLI brother just now. After that I don't know
    Sounds great.

  13. #13
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,078
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Day 1 (tomorrow): Work, which includes solving some engaging problems and collaborating with some people I like. And earning money. That is helpful, too. I'm also going to try to mark some of my other to-do items off, which will be less fun. If my neck isn't feeling better, I may schedule a chiropractor appointment.

    Day 2 (Wednesday): Work with the same people again. I'll probably visit my bank. Actually, no, that will probably wait until Friday, because I need to go to my PO box, first. So, probably PO box. Maybe. The PO box might be on Thursday instead, since that will allow an extra day for the checks I'm expecting / hoping for. Then I can do my bank run on Friday. Anyway, after all of that I will have some miscellaneous client stuff to do.

    Day 3 (Thursday): Working with different people this day, and have to drive a lot longer. Kind of annoying, but they do pay slightly more, so... yeah. On my current project with them I'm in a position to make influential decisions, so that's challenging in a good way. In the evening I will prep for the class I'm teaching on Fridays.

    Day 4 (Friday): Get to sleep in a little bit (yay!), and then I go teach the first class of a new term for the art school. I'm only doing one course this term - Digital Painting. This is my second go at it and I want to improve. It's nice because I got to screen my students beforehand, so they're going to be all about the same level of skill and all will have good attitudes. I have great hopes for them. I know one student already has ideas for her final project.

    After teaching I'll probably go to the bank. Then maybe I'll go see if I can get my MBP's power cord replaced, since they're doing that whole settlement thing. But that will require energy to deal with the hustle and bustle of a mall, which may be expended at that point in the day. So maybe I'll just go home and do some self-education, reading and tutorials and whatnot.

    Day 5 (Saturday): Sleep!! Yay! Not exactly sure after that. I might take Bunter to go see a friend and her daughter and dog. I might look at my to-do list. I might paint. I might clean. I might kidnap my ESE friend so she can make me chocolate treats. I might just putter about and do nothing / play around in my head.

    Day 6 (Sunday - BECAUSE I CAN): (But mainly because this day, of all the days in the week, stays about the same.) Possibly Bible study in the morning. Almost certainly family brunch at my grandparents' house. Possibly dinner downtown with two friends (ESE suggested a Persian place, yum). Likely going to a church gathering in the evening at this one place I have recently (as in the last year or so) decided I quite like for the excellent and challenging teaching.
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

  14. #14
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    This is a good thread to demonstrate that EII often know what they CAN do not what they SHOULD DO. I DON'T KNOW WHAT I SHOULD DO...

    A good way to recognize an EII is to make sure she can't plan in the immediate forceable future but in the bigger long rage and general goals.

    I walk out of the house not knowing what I'm going to cook in that same day, but due to my ingenious nature, when it comes down to the last minute, I can often toss the things in the regrigerator and make an awesome deal.

    I am unlike my LSE boyfriend, who plans day to day and doesn't do long term. He has to be the opposite of me with this regard because it helps to keep our duality in balance. It works for us because it's complimentary, because everything that needs to be taken care of from day to day, which is handled by him, and long term, which is handled by me, gets taken care of.

    I also write down everything that my boyfriend, LSE, wants to do and I schedule action. He'll say "we should go to the LACMA, we haven't been there in a while" and I get the hint that he would and since he's not a long term planner he can't see past one week, in which case I come in and whip out my calendar book and say "bring me your work schedule." I'll look at that and find an open spot and say, "don't do anything this day and we'll go then." I schedule action, just like Filatova says about EII.

    So anyone who tells you they can do day to day is often a SENSORY type.

    Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Day 1 (tomorrow): Work, which includes solving some engaging problems and collaborating with some people I like. And earning money. That is helpful, too. I'm also going to try to mark some of my other to-do items off, which will be less fun. If my neck isn't feeling better, I may schedule a chiropractor appointment.

    Day 2 (Wednesday): Work with the same people again. I'll probably visit my bank. Actually, no, that will probably wait until Friday, because I need to go to my PO box, first. So, probably PO box. Maybe. The PO box might be on Thursday instead, since that will allow an extra day for the checks I'm expecting / hoping for. Then I can do my bank run on Friday. Anyway, after all of that I will have some miscellaneous client stuff to do.

    Day 3 (Thursday): Working with different people this day, and have to drive a lot longer. Kind of annoying, but they do pay slightly more, so... yeah. On my current project with them I'm in a position to make influential decisions, so that's challenging in a good way. In the evening I will prep for the class I'm teaching on Fridays.

    Day 4 (Friday): Get to sleep in a little bit (yay!), and then I go teach the first class of a new term for the art school. I'm only doing one course this term - Digital Painting. This is my second go at it and I want to improve. It's nice because I got to screen my students beforehand, so they're going to be all about the same level of skill and all will have good attitudes. I have great hopes for them. I know one student already has ideas for her final project.

    After teaching I'll probably go to the bank. Then maybe I'll go see if I can get my MBP's power cord replaced, since they're doing that whole settlement thing. But that will require energy to deal with the hustle and bustle of a mall, which may be expended at that point in the day. So maybe I'll just go home and do some self-education, reading and tutorials and whatnot.

    Day 5 (Saturday): Sleep!! Yay! Not exactly sure after that. I might take Bunter to go see a friend and her daughter and dog. I might look at my to-do list. I might paint. I might clean. I might kidnap my ESE friend so she can make me chocolate treats. I might just putter about and do nothing / play around in my head.

    Day 6 (Sunday - BECAUSE I CAN): (But mainly because this day, of all the days in the week, stays about the same.) Possibly Bible study in the morning. Almost certainly family brunch at my grandparents' house. Possibly dinner downtown with two friends (ESE suggested a Persian place, yum). Likely going to a church gathering in the evening at this one place I have recently (as in the last year or so) decided I quite like for the excellent and challenging teaching.
    Oh I don't do this. This is a NO NO for me.

    From Wikisocion: The SEI feels no need for planning, because he plans for the present, on a day-to-day basis while also realizing the immediacy of the future.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 01-31-2012 at 05:44 AM.

  15. #15
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Someone needs to start a thread on "EII and 5 YEAR plan"

  16. #16
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,078
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Maritsa, would you like it if someone (obsessively) followed you around, trying to make make the case you were a type other than what you believed?
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

  17. #17
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Minde, please try reading before you write things that give the wrong impression of what an EII is; it's not what you do.

  18. #18
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,078
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Minde, please try reading before you write things that give the wrong impression of what an EII is; it's not what you do.
    Please answer my question.
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

  19. #19
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Maritsa, would you like it if someone (obsessively) followed you around, trying to make make the case you were a type other than what you believed?
    They have and no; but I don't mind answering questions when I'm asked them to the best of my ability. You are a type other than what you believe but you're blind about observing and reading the quotes and proof I provide because they are a matter of fact and you have Te polr so the conclusions I come up with don't get considered by your psyche. It's like someone behind a closed door who hears a knock but can't respond to it. I'm the one knocking and you're the one not responding. You're not EII and the very post you made here is directly contradictory to that of what Filatova says about EII and myself. What do you have to say about that? It however corresponds with SEI and how they plan things.

  20. #20
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,078
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    They have and no; but I don't mind answering questions when I'm asked them to the best of my ability. You are a type other than what you believe but you're blind about observing and reading the quotes and proof I provide because they are a matter of fact and you have Te polr so the conclusions I come up with don't get considered by your psyche. It's like someone behind a closed door who hears a knock but can't respond to it. I'm the one knocking and you're the one not responding. You're not EII and the very post you made here is directly contradictory to that of what Filatova says about EII and myself. What do you have to say about that? It however corresponds with SEI and how they plan things.
    A long time ago I very patiently went through several type descriptions, of different types and of your own choosing, describing in detail exactly how they do and do not apply to me. The conclusion at the end was I fit EII far more than any other type. I have already spent hours answering your questions and explaining about myself.

    My posts in this thread are not contradictory to EII. There is nothing anywhere that says EII can never have day-to-day plans. If you'll notice, most of what I described has to do with my career, my work, which involves keeping commitments and plans with other people. I would be irresponsible and remiss if I did not keep track of those things and when they have to occur. You'll also note that much of my days are also rather open-ended. There are lots of possibilities, etc. in them.

    You do not want to liken yourself to me; you want to distance yourself from me; you want to feel unique. That's ok. But it's not ok to harass me like this. Please stop.
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

  21. #21
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    minde, if you want to stop this, just stop addressing her. Maritsa hasn't changed.

    Maritsa, if you care about having a good relationship with Minde, look to do different things than trying to explain things by way of her posts. It is not necessary to bring her into things.



    This is ridiculous.

  22. #22
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    My posts in this thread are not contradictory to EII. There is nothing anywhere that says EII can never have day-to-day plans. If you'll notice, most of what I described has to do with my career, my work, which involves keeping commitments and plans with other people. I would be irresponsible and remiss if I did not keep track of those things and when they have to occur. You'll also note that much of my days are also rather open-ended. There are lots of possibilities, etc. in them.
    Yes they are contradictory....according to this:

    http://socioniko.net/en/1.3.rels/dual-4j.html

    LSE plan (even though they see it as a problem) and an EII lives by them as indicated here:

    Since EIIs love and know how to live according to a plan, they are outstanding workers, on whom it is always possible to rely on.

    http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...ale_and_female

    Your quote directly is corresponding with the one I posted about SEI; why is that not something you can see and consider for yourself as you have posted here?

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    minde, if you want to stop this, just stop addressing her. Maritsa hasn't changed.

    Maritsa, if you care about having a good relationship with Minde, look to do different things than trying to explain things by way of her posts. It is not necessary to bring her into things.



    This is ridiculous.
    You're a ridiculous human being for reinforcing her incorrect self typing; it's because of people like you that she's become blind to information.

  23. #23
    Korpsy Knievel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,234
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    They have and no; but I don't mind answering questions when I'm asked them to the best of my ability. You are a type other than what you believe but you're blind about observing and reading the quotes and proof I provide because they are a matter of fact and you have Te polr so the conclusions I come up with don't get considered by your psyche. It's like someone behind a closed door who hears a knock but can't respond to it. I'm the one knocking and you're the one not responding. You're not EII and the very post you made here is directly contradictory to that of what Filatova says about EII and myself. What do you have to say about that? It however corresponds with SEI and how they plan things.
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...l=1#post844566

  24. #24
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    LOL E!

  25. #25
    ■■■■■■ Radio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,574
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    You're a ridiculous human being for reinforcing her incorrect self typing
    hahahahah

  26. #26
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    The FACT of the matter is that what I wrote about myself is what EII do and that's final and if you think you can make yourself as a planning EII, than you've got issues with an LSE because an LSE isn't going to be comfortable with what you do because you're not specific enough; there are things that you say that you might do or will try to do instead of being concrete like "you will do" which is what LSE like. LSE like decisiveness and certainty; your language lacks certainty; because of that an LSE is likely to distrusts you that what you say you will do will actually be done.

    My LSE bf's sister is SEI and she says she'll call him, when he doesn't get a call, and she sent a package, when a package does not arrive, and gives off uncertain and oblique messages where she mailed the package but isn't precise because the information she tries to convey is in her mind as an introvert; she expects an extravert to understand them and to convey her introverted thoughts but that an LSE is not the right fit for these thoughts makes him difficult to understand her and because of this he puts pressure on her and gets emotionally angry at her for insufficient feedback to his requests. He puts pressure on her to be definitive, certain responses (I will mail it tomorrow), the things I do naturally. LSE and SEI are not good compatibility because an LSE puts pressure on an SEI to be certain and decisive in their comments about what they are doing and will do (in this the LSE seems controlling). Naturally, as conveyed by your planning, you have lots of phrases where certainty is not conveyed.

    I am a certain person. If I say I will get it done today, I will haul my ass at 11:59pm with a minute left for today and get it done; in this, I am reliable, prescient partner.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 01-31-2012 at 07:03 AM.

  27. #27
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Maritsa, it's ludicrous to assume that any type refuses to or is incapable of making day-to-day plans to at least some extent. You can't hold a job, have friends, or go to the theatre if you don't.
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  28. #28
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    I said I have to work every day. It's a MACRO plan not a micro plan.

  29. #29
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I said I have to work every day. It's a MACRO plan not a micro plan.
    I am sure that there are Tuesdays on which you plan to meet a friend on Saturday or have dinner with your family on Sunday.
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  30. #30
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    No. My sister, who is ESE and a SENSORY type, obviously, will call me and tell me what's going on and in which case I will decide if I can schedule that in.

    There are many references to ESE and planning I don't have to mention that, I'm sure you're well read enough to go fetch that information for yourself.

  31. #31
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    You recently planned on being at Starbucks on a certain day and you surely make appointments with doctors. You cannot honestly tell me you don't ever plan anything for a few days ahead.
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  32. #32
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    You recently planned on being at Starbucks on a certain day and you surely make appointments with doctors. You cannot honestly tell me you don't ever plan anything for a few days ahead.
    Again, those are Macro plans, obviously you can't see the difference between someone who says something in the future to what Minde wrote which is a day to day plan.

    You schedule a doctor's appointment.

  33. #33
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Maritsa, there is no difference at all.
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  34. #34
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I bolded all non work-related activities. There is no extensive pre-planning, just a lot of "maybe this or that, maybe not, perhaps going there, but probably not."

    Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Day 1 (tomorrow): Work, which includes solving some engaging problems and collaborating with some people I like. And earning money. That is helpful, too. I'm also going to try to mark some of my other to-do items off, which will be less fun. If my neck isn't feeling better, I may schedule a chiropractor appointment.

    Day 2 (Wednesday): Work with the same people again. I'll probably visit my bank. Actually, no, that will probably wait until Friday, because I need to go to my PO box, first. So, probably PO box. Maybe. The PO box might be on Thursday instead, since that will allow an extra day for the checks I'm expecting / hoping for. Then I can do my bank run on Friday. Anyway, after all of that I will have some miscellaneous client stuff to do.

    Day 3 (Thursday): Working with different people this day, and have to drive a lot longer. Kind of annoying, but they do pay slightly more, so... yeah. On my current project with them I'm in a position to make influential decisions, so that's challenging in a good way. In the evening I will prep for the class I'm teaching on Fridays.

    Day 4 (Friday): Get to sleep in a little bit (yay!), and then I go teach the first class of a new term for the art school. I'm only doing one course this term - Digital Painting. This is my second go at it and I want to improve. It's nice because I got to screen my students beforehand, so they're going to be all about the same level of skill and all will have good attitudes. I have great hopes for them. I know one student already has ideas for her final project.

    After teaching I'll probably go to the bank. Then maybe I'll go see if I can get my MBP's power cord replaced, since they're doing that whole settlement thing. But that will require energy to deal with the hustle and bustle of a mall, which may be expended at that point in the day. So maybe I'll just go home and do some self-education, reading and tutorials and whatnot.

    Day 5 (Saturday): Sleep!! Yay! Not exactly sure after that. I might take Bunter to go see a friend and her daughter and dog. I might look at my to-do list. I might paint. I might clean. I might kidnap my ESE friend so she can make me chocolate treats. I might just putter about and do nothing / play around in my head.

    Day 6 (Sunday - BECAUSE I CAN): (But mainly because this day, of all the days in the week, stays about the same.) Possibly Bible study in the morning. Almost certainly family brunch at my grandparents' house. Possibly dinner downtown with two friends (ESE suggested a Persian place, yum). Likely going to a church gathering in the evening at this one place I have recently (as in the last year or so) decided I quite like for the excellent and challenging teaching.
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  35. #35
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    A plan is "this is how I'm going to do this." a Schedule is like "this is when I'm going to do this."

    What she writes is uncertain statements.

  36. #36
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    A plan is "this is how I'm going to do this." a Schedule is like "this is when I'm going to do this."

    What she writes is uncertain statements.
    And this is what you write further above:

    A good way to recognize an EII is to make sure she can't plan in the immediate forceable future
    Minde's uncertain statements seem to reflect a difficulty to plan in the immediate foreseeable future.
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  37. #37
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    And this is what you write further above:



    Minde's uncertain statements seem to reflect a difficulty to plan in the immediate foreseeable future.
    You obviously have difficulty understanding me.

    Again let's reiterate this.

    I said she makes uncertain statements about her plans. She plans things. I don't plan things. I schedule things. Her uncertain phrasing has nothing to do with ability to plan or not.

  38. #38

  39. #39
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ekpyrosos View Post
    Who is crazier, the one who refuses to listen or the one who argues with the one who refuses to listen?
    I'm listening just fine.

    Minde has a "nice try" on the attempt in planning but it's still planning; you can see that it's her weak spot and she takes, admires someone who can; not planning is my missing spot hence DS and not weak spot.

  40. #40
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Minde = weak at planning, even though trying to plan, it's a "nice try" = polr =weak spot = yeah I like you to help but you're going to eventually put pressure on my PoLR
    LSE = great at planning = Te
    Maritsa = not planning = need a dual to do it = DS = DS is a supplimental function not a "helping" function; duals do things you don't do.

    I DON'T PLAN. LSE plans; hence LSE supplements for me; hence he/she is my dual.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •