• Yes

13 34.21%
  • No

25 65.79%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have you done acid?

Creepy-female

Default Have you done acid?

Last edited by female; 07-09-2015 at 05:04 PM.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

No, but it's definitely something I'd want to try at least once before I die. From what I've heard from people, it can cause permanent changes in the mind that are both positive and negative. Apparently, it also increases your IQ by 10% after one use. I'm not sure if that's true, but I remember reading it somewhere. I'd try it one time just to gain that powerful insight into our existence that hopefully will leave a positive impression on me, but I doubt I'll try it again after that.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't done it and I probably wouldn't try it. I'd be interested if the things Traveler said were definitely true...because they are very appealing to me...but I just don't think I could unless I was certain I'd be okay coming out the other end. Altered perception is not something I am comfortable with, having dealt with derealization for the past few years. I don't find it pleasurable to experience sensational things differently because of this. So....I dunno. I probably would not unless I knew I'd be okay. Also, I don't really know that much about what it does. :/ But I try to avoid drugs in general.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No But it is one of my new year's resolutions.
    Me too...

Actually psychedelics in general were my resolution, although I'm wary of my own mind/emotional baggage.
    Last edited by lemontrees; 01-25-2012 at 06:05 AM. Reason: caveat

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't.

I have seen a new documentary on LSD last November, titled "The Substance - Albert Hofmann’s LSD". Very interesting and highly recommend. The latest development in LSD: treatment of terminally ill people. After they had one or two mild LSD doses during special sessions, these people are no longer afraid to die and come to terms with it. It was very moving. Now I would like to try it myself.

“I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone of you should take acid. Especially if you're old-fashioned Christians like the half of the forum who won't do drugs otherwise.

Drop acid.
    Do it.
    Is it dangerous? Yes. Do it. Remember set and setting.

Acid will have tremendous effect on you. You will develop as a human being or perish, unable to do the former.
    It might be the biggest thing in your life that you will see differently afterwards.

I don't do much acid anymore. I have dropped acid around fifty times.

Last edited by Aquagraph; 01-25-2012 at 12:19 PM.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've done too much for my own good, but still wouldn't hesitate to drop at a moment's notice lol. it helped me consummate the code.

it's highly therapeutic; bad trips are the best for you; truly if a large section of the population had to trip for one day we would have a revolution within weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    No, but it's definitely something I'd want to try at least once before I die. From what I've heard from people, it can cause permanent changes in the mind that are both positive and negative. Apparently, it also increases your IQ by 10% after one use. I'm not sure if that's true, but I remember reading it somewhere. I'd try it one time just to gain that powerful insight into our existence that hopefully will leave a positive impression on me, but I doubt I'll try it again after that.
    I've heard of a few cases where IQ increased; standardized intelligence aside, I've not known anyone who didn't experience a heightened perceptual sensitivity for at least several days afterward (some have the brain mush comedown, I never have); but usually you need to do a solid amount for any permanent changes.

there have been countless studies. people have resolved disturbing childhood issues in a single trip; others have tripped on a placebo effect; tibetan monks were apparently unaffected by nine doses; and so on (all from The Holographic Universe).

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph
    I don't do much acid anymore. I have dropped acid around fifty times.
    respek, nigga. I've only dropped ~30-35 times... these days it feels like I'm always tripping.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, even thought I'm interested in how LSD or other hallucinogens like Psilocybin or Meskalin would alter my perception. I really enjoy psychedelic art and I think that it must be a great experience.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree...acid isn't for everyone. It is, however, a mindblowing and potentially life changing experience which I recommend for certain people, and will do absolute wonders for some of them, be completely terrifying for others, and be a very fun and spiritually neutral experience for the rest. It all depends on how capable you are of viewing human nature at its very core and being ok with it.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Perpetual Confusion Machine PistolShrimp's Avatar
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried it once, at what I think was a low dose. The visuals were neat; patterns and colors became really bold, surfaces of objects stretched and pulsated, I saw the "cells" in strand of hair I held under a lamp. I experienced some synesthesia and felt the colors of the music we listened to. Also, I became hyper-aware of my body and every physical sensation, felt kind of nauseous and twitchy for a while but got over it.

As far as mental effects, it made me feel like a kid again, like long-captive parts my imagination suddenly became unbounded and I could make full use of them again without fear of embarrassment. I came to believe that acid had temporarily melted away some of the filters for the world I developed as I grew into adulthood, those filters that block out things like the thought that there's a monster in your closet or that your stuffed animals are alive, so that you can function like a productive, sensible adult. Filters that prevent you from becoming stupefied while awash in insanely vivid imagery, colors and sounds. Filters that tell you, "I am me and he is he and she is she" and you're all separate.

I think there is so much out there beyond what our senses are allowed to perceive or our brains allowed to think normally. I believe we develop filters that limit and categorize sensory information in order for us to function in daily adult life. Drugs like acid can strip away those filters and help us to see. I'd definitely try it again in good company.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    No, even thought I'm interested in how LSD or other hallucinogens like Psilocybin or Meskalin would alter my perception. I really enjoy psychedelic art and I think that it must be a great experience.
    A good place to start is 2 grams of average potency psilocybin shroomies. Then try an 8th, and then go for a couple hits of acid. Make sure you talk to people who have taken the acid first, and know its good quality; you want to look for words like "It's very clean" or "It's a really positive/connected/spiritual trip" from people who aren't the ones selling it.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    I would definitely say you are a good candidate to try acid. You would probably really enjoy it

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    it's highly therapeutic; bad trips are the best for you
    This is 100% true in my experience. I think some people would just be scared shitless and not able to handle themselves (probably Director Abbie and the like), but for the most part, bad trips are the lessons. They make you thankful for your life in a way that no other kind of fear can.

these days it feels like I'm always tripping.
    Strange days have found us...

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    respek, nigga. I've only dropped ~30-35 times... these days it feels like I'm always tripping.
    This along with your signature looked real nice to me.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Make sure you talk to people who have taken the acid first, and know its good quality; you want to look for words like "It's very clean" or "It's a really positive/connected/spiritual trip" from people who aren't the ones selling it.
    Yeah, you can never know if you buy it from someone. The easiest (and safest) way to get a psychedelic substance would probably be just growing it yourself, for example with cacti. It's certainly something different than LSD, but there are several advantages: Those plants are legal (if they're not grown in a plantage-like way for consumption) so you can't get busted. They are also very easy to grow, you just have to water them and wait. Mushrooms are an option too, but they're far more complicated to grow and also illegal in any case.

Strange days have found us...
    Strange days have tracked us down...
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you guys are pathetic.

Acid showing you the "core of human nature"? Are you kidding me??? When your brain is chemically altered, it's all an illusion!

And making it a new year's resolution? C'mon now... there have to be more interesting and productive things you can do with yourself. You guys have too much time on your hands it seems.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

only once when i was about 15 and i think it was weak. i bought it from this girl in the trailer park and i took it and i started walking home and i found myself in a really amazing mood. and it started to rain and the water felt like velvet soft caresses on my skin, like magic, and i was jumping in all the puddles so i could feel it touch my body more and i kept laughing. and then it wore off shortly after i got home. i didn't see anything or have a mind-blowing experience or anything like that, it was just a brief moment of really good feelings.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kassie View Post
    only once when i was about 15 and i think it was weak. i bought it from this girl in the trailer park and i took it and i started walking home and i found myself in a really amazing mood. and it started to rain and the water felt like velvet soft caresses on my skin, like magic, and i was jumping in all the puddles so i could feel it touch my body more and i kept laughing. and then it wore off shortly after i got home. i didn't see anything or have a mind-blowing experience or anything like that, it was just a brief moment of really good feelings.
    I wonder what carcinogenic substance it was adulterated with...

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    you guys are pathetic.
    hah!

When your brain is chemically altered, it's all an illusion!
    Perception is reality.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hah!

Perception is reality.
    It can be a false reality, in particular under the influence. Just because something is happening in your mind doesn't mean it's happening in the real world. But anyway, i was referring to what someone said about acid revealing the "core of human nature". It might reveal the core of human nature under the influence of that particular drug, but not the core of human nature without any chemically-induced psychiatric influence. I'd rather experience the world unaltered, it's beautiful enough for me and i dont need drugs to help me have an amazing mood or enjoy the feel of rain, etc.

I'd also prefer to interact with people in their unaltered state and see their REAL human nature, not the fake one induced by drugs.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds cool but probably not acid...it generally lasts around 10-12 hours.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Sounds cool but probably not acid...it generally lasts around 10-12 hours.
    lol i wonder if it was fake and it was just in my head then. it was cool anyway. does it sounds like anything else?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol i wonder if it was fake and it was just in my head then. it was cool anyway. does it sounds like anything else?
    Well time-wise how long did it last?

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd rather experience the world unaltered, it's beautiful enough for me and i dont need drugs to help me have an amazing mood or enjoy the feel of rain, etc.
    Then I suppose you never drank alcohol or coffee as well? Those are drugs as well, both way more addictive than any psychedelic drug. (And surprise: they alter your perception with every sip!) What we refer to as "drugs" are part of the world as well, it's not something from outer space or another dimension. If you take them you will just view the world from another angle. Of course, people also misuse them, but that is their responsibility, banning drugs won't help to prevent that.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Well time-wise how long did it last?
    i remember it couldn't have been fake because i kept looking in the mirror and my pupils were enormous and thinking my mom would notice and get suspicious. that was for hours afterwards, until i went to sleep. but the actual feelings, only like an hour, tops. but idk, i bought it for five bucks from some teenager lol.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then I suppose you never drank alcohol or coffee as well? Those are drugs as well, both way more addictive than any psychedelic drug. (And surprise: they alter your perception with every sip!) What we refer to as "drugs" are part of the world as well, it's not something from outer space or another dimension. If you take them you will just view the world from another angle. Of course, people also misuse them, but that is their responsibility, banning drugs won't help to prevent that.
    well of course i have had alcohol and coffee, but that is one reason i would never want to be drunk. I dont see the point of being drunk, not do i see how that can be pleasurable. I have small amounts of alcohol on rare occasion at dinner with friends, holiday events, but other than maybe becoming slightly more talkative or slightly more sleepy, my perception was not significantly altered and i prefer it that way.

And coffee doesn't alter perception, it just puts you into a fight or flight state, and warms you up.

I'm not talking addiction here... Nicotine is the most addictive substance and is not mind altering (similar effect as coffee except for its carcinogenic side effects). i'm talking about people dreaming about and aspiring to putting their minds into some alternate reality... I find that ridiculous.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont see the point of being drunk, not do i see how that can be pleasurable. I have small amounts of alcohol on rare occasion at dinner with friends, holiday events, but other than maybe becoming slightly more talkative or slightly more sleepy, my perception was not significantly altered and i prefer it that way.
    Nobody talked about binge drinking. I rarely drink alcohol myself, I was never drunk for example. But I do certainly notice how alcohol affects me.

And coffee doesn't alter perception, it just puts you into a fight or flight state, and warms you up.
    Haha, if it puts you in a "fight or flight state" or warms you up, it does change your perception. Why do you think that people smoke weed? This sentence is contradicting itself.

i'm talking about people dreaming about and aspiring to putting their minds into some alternate reality... I find that ridiculous.
    As long as it's not an attempt to escape reality, I'd see it as a journey. It's not much more than a short trip to some far away land. And travelling is certainly seen as something positive as it broadens your horizon.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well of course i have had alcohol and coffee, but that is one reason i would never want to be drunk. I dont see the point of being drunk, not do i see how that can be pleasurable. I have small amounts of alcohol on rare occasion at dinner with friends, holiday events, but other than maybe becoming slightly more talkative or slightly more sleepy, my perception was not significantly altered and i prefer it that way.

I'm not talking addiction here... Nicotine is the most addictive substance and is not mind altering (similar effect as coffee except for its carcinogenic side effects). i'm talking about people dreaming about and aspiring to putting their minds into some alternate reality... I find that ridiculous.
    WA for president.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, if it puts you in a "fight or flight state" or warms you up, it does change your perception. Why do you think that people smoke weed? This sentence is contradicting itself.
    Depending on your definition of perception, simply discussing something, as we are here, can change your perception.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mediator Kam View Post
    WA for president.
    LOL.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too strong. Do not want.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depending on your definition of perception, simply discussing something, as we are here, can change your perception.
    Generally speaking yes, of course. But I mean a change of perception from the "inside", by a change of your body's chemical cocktail. If a forum post changes your perception, it's induced by the outside. I don't really know if that's a valid explanation, but you probably know what I mean.

@WA:
    Tobacco is definitely mind-altering! Get your facts straight.

Nicotine is the ingredient in tobacco that causes changes to the brain and behavior. Tobacco, a broad-leafed plant that originated in the Americas, is one of the most widely abused psychoactive, or mind-altering, substances in the world.
    Source
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very true.

Even in our natural, non-chemically altered mental state, we all have different perceptions... it's what socionics is all about. Fi gives me a different perception of a person/situation than, say, Ti would for someone else. But in this case the perceptions are our own personal reality as we see it. When under the influence of a psychedelic substance, it's a hallucination, not any kind of reality, not even your own reality.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Generally speaking yes, of course. But I mean a change of perception from the "inside", by a change of your body's chemical cocktail. If a forum post changes your perception, it's induced by the outside. I don't really know if that's a valid explanation, but you probably know what I mean.
    Oh good i inadvertantly addressed this in my post above

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It can be a false reality, in particular under the influence. Just because something is happening in your mind doesn't mean it's happening in the real world. But anyway, i was referring to what someone said about acid revealing the "core of human nature". It might reveal the core of human nature under the influence of that particular drug, but not the core of human nature without any chemically-induced psychiatric influence. I'd rather experience the world unaltered, it's beautiful enough for me and i dont need drugs to help me have an amazing mood or enjoy the feel of rain, etc.

I'd also prefer to interact with people in their unaltered state and see their REAL human nature, not the fake one induced by drugs.
    The thing is, our minds ARE part of the real world; putting them in a different state doesn't make them evaporate. What we experience visually may not be as much in line with reality, but personally, after tripping a lot, I don't have many actual visual hallucinations any more; it's mostly an altered state of emotional and experiential perception, a difference in how I think about things and process the events around me. And that, in my opinion, you have no grounds to call "unreal," because an experience is what it is; whether the content is real or not, the experience is what it is.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

acid sounds cool, I would drop it in an instant if I ever have convenient access to it, but contacting a string of people after people that I don't know well to acquire an illegal substance sounds like a pain, I don't want to do that. I would prefer if someone else, like one of my friends got a hold of it, but most of my friends are too milquetoast to involve themselves in things like that.

but anyway, no I haven't done it.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Acid showing you the "core of human nature"? Are you kidding me??? When your brain is chemically altered, it's all an illusion!
    hah!

Perception is reality.

I've been through the same thinking and I know what you're getting at WA. The human body already prescribes and distributes its own chemicals; when we dream, when we are on an emotional high, are angry, hormonal, even calm, that is being on drugs and so drugs are what make reality. The only difference I can see is that there are natural chemicals that come from within the body, and there are foreign chemicals that you put into your body. So as far as "what's real", taking foreign substances can be said to be experiencing another reality, and not necessarily a false one.

I also disagree that foreign substances expose true human nature etc. Those experiences are only valid and applicable so long as you are on and affected by those substances.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But reality is pretty much an illusion anyway, there is no such thing as an objective reality..

Like PistolShrimp described, LSD expands your consciousness by loosening the filters between your mind and the outside world. With these filters down, more information rushes in; you sense more, think more, feel more and become aware of things that would normally be filtered out by your mind - visual, auditory, sensory and emotional. This condition if of course somewhat abnormal and not permanent, but the insights you gain during your trip will stay with you even after the drug has worn off. Tripping acid can give a glow that lasts for hours, days, or even weeks afterwards. To many it can also be a life-changing event that helps to overcome or reduce fears, traumas or diseases such as alcoholism, depression etc.. I wouldn't say these experiences/effects are fake just because a mind-altering chemical played part in them. Anti-depressants, painkillers, sugar, caffeine and sleeping chemically induce psychiatric influence too, btw..
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I won't share much details, but acid has helped me to confront some of my fears/defences and made me more self-aware and sentient. I've also gotten more creative and found the joys of drawing again on my last trip (I used to draw all the time when I was little, but not for over 10 years until now again). Aquagraph also told me he's felt closer to me after the last time I dropped acid.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast