View Poll Results: Have you done acid?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    13 34.21%
  • No

    25 65.79%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 155

Thread: Have you done acid?

  1. #1
    Creepy-female

    Default Have you done acid?

    .
    Last edited by female; 07-09-2015 at 06:04 PM.

  2. #2
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm not sure

  3. #3
    not a bumblebee octo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Posts
    2,744
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    No But it is one of my new year's resolutions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

  4. #4
    In Transition Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,695
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    No, but it's definitely something I'd want to try at least once before I die. From what I've heard from people, it can cause permanent changes in the mind that are both positive and negative. Apparently, it also increases your IQ by 10% after one use. I'm not sure if that's true, but I remember reading it somewhere. I'd try it one time just to gain that powerful insight into our existence that hopefully will leave a positive impression on me, but I doubt I'll try it again after that.
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

  5. #5
    Killer of DJA's Fun fen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Posts
    1,148
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I haven't done it and I probably wouldn't try it. I'd be interested if the things Traveler said were definitely true...because they are very appealing to me...but I just don't think I could unless I was certain I'd be okay coming out the other end. Altered perception is not something I am comfortable with, having dealt with derealization for the past few years. I don't find it pleasurable to experience sensational things differently because of this. So....I dunno. I probably would not unless I knew I'd be okay. Also, I don't really know that much about what it does. :/ But I try to avoid drugs in general.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.


  6. #6
    what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Space
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    12,802
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    eh, the only drugs I'd probably ever try: Molly and LSD

    Just to see what it was like.
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

  7. #7
    killer wolf lemontrees's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    emotionz
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    1,114
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No But it is one of my new year's resolutions.
    Me too...

    Actually psychedelics in general were my resolution, although I'm wary of my own mind/emotional baggage.
    Last edited by lemontrees; 01-25-2012 at 07:05 AM. Reason: caveat

  8. #8
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,782
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I haven't.

    I have seen a new documentary on LSD last November, titled "The Substance - Albert Hofmann’s LSD". Very interesting and highly recommend. The latest development in LSD: treatment of terminally ill people. After they had one or two mild LSD doses during special sessions, these people are no longer afraid to die and come to terms with it. It was very moving. Now I would like to try it myself.

    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

  9. #9
    not a bumblebee octo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Posts
    2,744
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's also good for migraines... not sure what dosage would be needed though lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

  10. #10
    Decadent Charlatan Aquagraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Continental Vinnland
    TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Everyone of you should take acid. Especially if you're old-fashioned Christians like the half of the forum who won't do drugs otherwise.

    Drop acid.
    Do it.
    Is it dangerous? Yes. Do it. Remember set and setting.

    Acid will have tremendous effect on you. You will develop as a human being or perish, unable to do the former.
    It might be the biggest thing in your life that you will see differently afterwards.

    I don't do much acid anymore. I have dropped acid around fifty times.

    Last edited by Aquagraph; 01-25-2012 at 01:19 PM.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

  11. #11
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've done too much for my own good, but still wouldn't hesitate to drop at a moment's notice lol. it helped me consummate the code.

    it's highly therapeutic; bad trips are the best for you; truly if a large section of the population had to trip for one day we would have a revolution within weeks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    No, but it's definitely something I'd want to try at least once before I die. From what I've heard from people, it can cause permanent changes in the mind that are both positive and negative. Apparently, it also increases your IQ by 10% after one use. I'm not sure if that's true, but I remember reading it somewhere. I'd try it one time just to gain that powerful insight into our existence that hopefully will leave a positive impression on me, but I doubt I'll try it again after that.
    I've heard of a few cases where IQ increased; standardized intelligence aside, I've not known anyone who didn't experience a heightened perceptual sensitivity for at least several days afterward (some have the brain mush comedown, I never have); but usually you need to do a solid amount for any permanent changes.

    there have been countless studies. people have resolved disturbing childhood issues in a single trip; others have tripped on a placebo effect; tibetan monks were apparently unaffected by nine doses; and so on (all from The Holographic Universe).

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph
    I don't do much acid anymore. I have dropped acid around fifty times.
    respek, nigga. I've only dropped ~30-35 times... these days it feels like I'm always tripping.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  12. #12
    Robot Assassin Pa3s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Posts
    3,648
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No, even thought I'm interested in how LSD or other hallucinogens like Psilocybin or Meskalin would alter my perception. I really enjoy psychedelic art and I think that it must be a great experience.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

  13. #13
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I disagree...acid isn't for everyone. It is, however, a mindblowing and potentially life changing experience which I recommend for certain people, and will do absolute wonders for some of them, be completely terrifying for others, and be a very fun and spiritually neutral experience for the rest. It all depends on how capable you are of viewing human nature at its very core and being ok with it.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  14. #14
    Perpetual Confusion Machine PistolShrimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Red Sox and Celtics and Bruins, oh my!
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    504
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I tried it once, at what I think was a low dose. The visuals were neat; patterns and colors became really bold, surfaces of objects stretched and pulsated, I saw the "cells" in strand of hair I held under a lamp. I experienced some synesthesia and felt the colors of the music we listened to. Also, I became hyper-aware of my body and every physical sensation, felt kind of nauseous and twitchy for a while but got over it.

    As far as mental effects, it made me feel like a kid again, like long-captive parts my imagination suddenly became unbounded and I could make full use of them again without fear of embarrassment. I came to believe that acid had temporarily melted away some of the filters for the world I developed as I grew into adulthood, those filters that block out things like the thought that there's a monster in your closet or that your stuffed animals are alive, so that you can function like a productive, sensible adult. Filters that prevent you from becoming stupefied while awash in insanely vivid imagery, colors and sounds. Filters that tell you, "I am me and he is he and she is she" and you're all separate.

    I think there is so much out there beyond what our senses are allowed to perceive or our brains allowed to think normally. I believe we develop filters that limit and categorize sensory information in order for us to function in daily adult life. Drugs like acid can strip away those filters and help us to see. I'd definitely try it again in good company.

  15. #15
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    No, even thought I'm interested in how LSD or other hallucinogens like Psilocybin or Meskalin would alter my perception. I really enjoy psychedelic art and I think that it must be a great experience.
    A good place to start is 2 grams of average potency psilocybin shroomies. Then try an 8th, and then go for a couple hits of acid. Make sure you talk to people who have taken the acid first, and know its good quality; you want to look for words like "It's very clean" or "It's a really positive/connected/spiritual trip" from people who aren't the ones selling it.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  16. #16
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    No, but it's definitely something I'd want to try at least once before I die. From what I've heard from people, it can cause permanent changes in the mind that are both positive and negative. Apparently, it also increases your IQ by 10% after one use. I'm not sure if that's true, but I remember reading it somewhere. I'd try it one time just to gain that powerful insight into our existence that hopefully will leave a positive impression on me, but I doubt I'll try it again after that.
    I would definitely say you are a good candidate to try acid. You would probably really enjoy it
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  17. #17
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    it's highly therapeutic; bad trips are the best for you
    This is 100% true in my experience. I think some people would just be scared shitless and not able to handle themselves (probably Director Abbie and the like), but for the most part, bad trips are the lessons. They make you thankful for your life in a way that no other kind of fear can.

    these days it feels like I'm always tripping.
    Strange days have found us...
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  18. #18
    Decadent Charlatan Aquagraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Continental Vinnland
    TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    respek, nigga. I've only dropped ~30-35 times... these days it feels like I'm always tripping.
    This along with your signature looked real nice to me.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

  19. #19
    Robot Assassin Pa3s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Posts
    3,648
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Make sure you talk to people who have taken the acid first, and know its good quality; you want to look for words like "It's very clean" or "It's a really positive/connected/spiritual trip" from people who aren't the ones selling it.
    Yeah, you can never know if you buy it from someone. The easiest (and safest) way to get a psychedelic substance would probably be just growing it yourself, for example with cacti. It's certainly something different than LSD, but there are several advantages: Those plants are legal (if they're not grown in a plantage-like way for consumption) so you can't get busted. They are also very easy to grow, you just have to water them and wait. Mushrooms are an option too, but they're far more complicated to grow and also illegal in any case.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Strange days have found us...
    Strange days have tracked us down...
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

  20. #20
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    you guys are pathetic.

    Acid showing you the "core of human nature"? Are you kidding me??? When your brain is chemically altered, it's all an illusion!

    And making it a new year's resolution? C'mon now... there have to be more interesting and productive things you can do with yourself. You guys have too much time on your hands it seems.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  21. #21
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,596
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    only once when i was about 15 and i think it was weak. i bought it from this girl in the trailer park and i took it and i started walking home and i found myself in a really amazing mood. and it started to rain and the water felt like velvet soft caresses on my skin, like magic, and i was jumping in all the puddles so i could feel it touch my body more and i kept laughing. and then it wore off shortly after i got home. i didn't see anything or have a mind-blowing experience or anything like that, it was just a brief moment of really good feelings.

  22. #22
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kassie View Post
    only once when i was about 15 and i think it was weak. i bought it from this girl in the trailer park and i took it and i started walking home and i found myself in a really amazing mood. and it started to rain and the water felt like velvet soft caresses on my skin, like magic, and i was jumping in all the puddles so i could feel it touch my body more and i kept laughing. and then it wore off shortly after i got home. i didn't see anything or have a mind-blowing experience or anything like that, it was just a brief moment of really good feelings.
    I wonder what carcinogenic substance it was adulterated with...
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  23. #23
    Robot Assassin Pa3s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Posts
    3,648
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    you guys are pathetic.
    hah!

    Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    When your brain is chemically altered, it's all an illusion!
    Perception is reality.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

  24. #24
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    hah!



    Perception is reality.
    It can be a false reality, in particular under the influence. Just because something is happening in your mind doesn't mean it's happening in the real world. But anyway, i was referring to what someone said about acid revealing the "core of human nature". It might reveal the core of human nature under the influence of that particular drug, but not the core of human nature without any chemically-induced psychiatric influence. I'd rather experience the world unaltered, it's beautiful enough for me and i dont need drugs to help me have an amazing mood or enjoy the feel of rain, etc.

    I'd also prefer to interact with people in their unaltered state and see their REAL human nature, not the fake one induced by drugs.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  25. #25
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kassie View Post
    only once when i was about 15 and i think it was weak. i bought it from this girl in the trailer park and i took it and i started walking home and i found myself in a really amazing mood. and it started to rain and the water felt like velvet soft caresses on my skin, like magic, and i was jumping in all the puddles so i could feel it touch my body more and i kept laughing. and then it wore off shortly after i got home. i didn't see anything or have a mind-blowing experience or anything like that, it was just a brief moment of really good feelings.
    Sounds cool but probably not acid...it generally lasts around 10-12 hours.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  26. #26
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,596
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Sounds cool but probably not acid...it generally lasts around 10-12 hours.
    lol i wonder if it was fake and it was just in my head then. it was cool anyway. does it sounds like anything else?

  27. #27
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kassie View Post
    lol i wonder if it was fake and it was just in my head then. it was cool anyway. does it sounds like anything else?
    Well time-wise how long did it last?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  28. #28
    Robot Assassin Pa3s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Posts
    3,648
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I'd rather experience the world unaltered, it's beautiful enough for me and i dont need drugs to help me have an amazing mood or enjoy the feel of rain, etc.
    Then I suppose you never drank alcohol or coffee as well? Those are drugs as well, both way more addictive than any psychedelic drug. (And surprise: they alter your perception with every sip!) What we refer to as "drugs" are part of the world as well, it's not something from outer space or another dimension. If you take them you will just view the world from another angle. Of course, people also misuse them, but that is their responsibility, banning drugs won't help to prevent that.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

  29. #29
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,596
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Well time-wise how long did it last?
    i remember it couldn't have been fake because i kept looking in the mirror and my pupils were enormous and thinking my mom would notice and get suspicious. that was for hours afterwards, until i went to sleep. but the actual feelings, only like an hour, tops. but idk, i bought it for five bucks from some teenager lol.

  30. #30
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    Then I suppose you never drank alcohol or coffee as well? Those are drugs as well, both way more addictive than any psychedelic drug. (And surprise: they alter your perception with every sip!) What we refer to as "drugs" are part of the world as well, it's not something from outer space or another dimension. If you take them you will just view the world from another angle. Of course, people also misuse them, but that is their responsibility, banning drugs won't help to prevent that.
    well of course i have had alcohol and coffee, but that is one reason i would never want to be drunk. I dont see the point of being drunk, not do i see how that can be pleasurable. I have small amounts of alcohol on rare occasion at dinner with friends, holiday events, but other than maybe becoming slightly more talkative or slightly more sleepy, my perception was not significantly altered and i prefer it that way.

    And coffee doesn't alter perception, it just puts you into a fight or flight state, and warms you up.

    I'm not talking addiction here... Nicotine is the most addictive substance and is not mind altering (similar effect as coffee except for its carcinogenic side effects). i'm talking about people dreaming about and aspiring to putting their minds into some alternate reality... I find that ridiculous.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  31. #31
    Robot Assassin Pa3s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Posts
    3,648
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I dont see the point of being drunk, not do i see how that can be pleasurable. I have small amounts of alcohol on rare occasion at dinner with friends, holiday events, but other than maybe becoming slightly more talkative or slightly more sleepy, my perception was not significantly altered and i prefer it that way.
    Nobody talked about binge drinking. I rarely drink alcohol myself, I was never drunk for example. But I do certainly notice how alcohol affects me.

    Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    And coffee doesn't alter perception, it just puts you into a fight or flight state, and warms you up.
    Haha, if it puts you in a "fight or flight state" or warms you up, it does change your perception. Why do you think that people smoke weed? This sentence is contradicting itself.

    Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    i'm talking about people dreaming about and aspiring to putting their minds into some alternate reality... I find that ridiculous.
    As long as it's not an attempt to escape reality, I'd see it as a journey. It's not much more than a short trip to some far away land. And travelling is certainly seen as something positive as it broadens your horizon.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

  32. #32
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    well of course i have had alcohol and coffee, but that is one reason i would never want to be drunk. I dont see the point of being drunk, not do i see how that can be pleasurable. I have small amounts of alcohol on rare occasion at dinner with friends, holiday events, but other than maybe becoming slightly more talkative or slightly more sleepy, my perception was not significantly altered and i prefer it that way.

    And coffee doesn't alter perception, it just puts you into a fight or flight state, and warms you up.

    I'm not talking addiction here... Nicotine is the most addictive substance and is not mind altering (similar effect as coffee except for its carcinogenic side effects). i'm talking about people dreaming about and aspiring to putting their minds into some alternate reality... I find that ridiculous.
    WA for president.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  33. #33
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    Haha, if it puts you in a "fight or flight state" or warms you up, it does change your perception. Why do you think that people smoke weed? This sentence is contradicting itself.
    Depending on your definition of perception, simply discussing something, as we are here, can change your perception.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  34. #34
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mediator Kam View Post
    WA for president.
    LOL.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  35. #35
    Trevor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,860
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Too strong. Do not want.

  36. #36
    Robot Assassin Pa3s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Posts
    3,648
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mediator Kam View Post
    Depending on your definition of perception, simply discussing something, as we are here, can change your perception.
    Generally speaking yes, of course. But I mean a change of perception from the "inside", by a change of your body's chemical cocktail. If a forum post changes your perception, it's induced by the outside. I don't really know if that's a valid explanation, but you probably know what I mean.

    @WA:
    Tobacco is definitely mind-altering! Get your facts straight.

    Nicotine is the ingredient in tobacco that causes changes to the brain and behavior. Tobacco, a broad-leafed plant that originated in the Americas, is one of the most widely abused psychoactive, or mind-altering, substances in the world.
    Source
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

  37. #37
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mediator Kam View Post
    Depending on your definition of perception, simply discussing something, as we are here, can change your perception.
    Very true.

    Even in our natural, non-chemically altered mental state, we all have different perceptions... it's what socionics is all about. Fi gives me a different perception of a person/situation than, say, Ti would for someone else. But in this case the perceptions are our own personal reality as we see it. When under the influence of a psychedelic substance, it's a hallucination, not any kind of reality, not even your own reality.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  38. #38
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    Generally speaking yes, of course. But I mean a change of perception from the "inside", by a change of your body's chemical cocktail. If a forum post changes your perception, it's induced by the outside. I don't really know if that's a valid explanation, but you probably know what I mean.
    Oh good i inadvertantly addressed this in my post above
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  39. #39
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    It can be a false reality, in particular under the influence. Just because something is happening in your mind doesn't mean it's happening in the real world. But anyway, i was referring to what someone said about acid revealing the "core of human nature". It might reveal the core of human nature under the influence of that particular drug, but not the core of human nature without any chemically-induced psychiatric influence. I'd rather experience the world unaltered, it's beautiful enough for me and i dont need drugs to help me have an amazing mood or enjoy the feel of rain, etc.

    I'd also prefer to interact with people in their unaltered state and see their REAL human nature, not the fake one induced by drugs.
    The thing is, our minds ARE part of the real world; putting them in a different state doesn't make them evaporate. What we experience visually may not be as much in line with reality, but personally, after tripping a lot, I don't have many actual visual hallucinations any more; it's mostly an altered state of emotional and experiential perception, a difference in how I think about things and process the events around me. And that, in my opinion, you have no grounds to call "unreal," because an experience is what it is; whether the content is real or not, the experience is what it is.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  40. #40
    ■■■■■■ Radio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,574
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    acid sounds cool, I would drop it in an instant if I ever have convenient access to it, but contacting a string of people after people that I don't know well to acquire an illegal substance sounds like a pain, I don't want to do that. I would prefer if someone else, like one of my friends got a hold of it, but most of my friends are too milquetoast to involve themselves in things like that.

    but anyway, no I haven't done it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •