Thread: Type me please!

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Type me please!

I will attach a picture for V.I. but I would also like to try and include a small description of how my cognition works. So to begin, I have always been very curious. Fairly imaginative too. I remember as a kid I would go outside with a cup gather some dirt and plant stuff then I would get some water and finally I would go into my sister's hair products and mix them all into my concoction and then put it into the freezer. I would pretend I was making a potion. Strange I know, but I had a blast. Thats just an example of how imaginative I was when playing as a kid. I could go through a timeline of sorts, but I'll stick to me as of late. I love to research. Although I hate reading everything all the way through, I usually skim and try to get a general idea of what is being said. After getting a general concept, I like to piece it together and really enjoy relating it to other things. I can be pretty absent-minded, but I also feel as though I am more observant than most people...at least the people I know. I have been studying Carl Jung for about 3 years now, especially his Psychological Types. I went from MBTI to the amazing Socionics. Although I see the merits of both, I really enjoy Socionics more. I love to analyze people and am fairly good at it too I'd say. I enjoy hanging out with friends and also try to promote a positive, fun atmosphere by joking and acting insane. After hanging out with people, I like to reflect and attempt to type them. I can be insensitive sometimes, but I generally mean well. I can go into times of long introspection to try and analyze myself and type myself as well. I've come to the conclusion that I can be contradictory and have a hard time understanding my actions and thoughts sometimes. I usually just accept it and move on. Also, my memory is not so good a lot of the time. I say things and forget that I have said them, can go a long time without remembering to stay in contact with people, I also can get bored of people very easily which I kind of feel bad about. Depending on how life is going, I can go into long periods of melancholy and when something exciting happens (for once) I can get really happy and excited. Generally, recently at least, I'm in a calm, neutral state of mind almost apathy. I would rather have fun, exciting things going on all the time, but that isn't very practical at this time. I'm in my senior year of college so I'm trying to stay focused and motivated, which can be rather difficult. I can be easily distracted and not many things can keep my attention. Jung and Socionics can keep my attention very well, however, especially since I love to apply it to people and also understand myself. I also love discussing any interesting topic and absolutely can't stand small talk. If it is something that interests me I can run my mouth for hours. This makes me think that I should be a professor, but I think I would rather like an investigative job. Well, I'm going to stop here before I keep rambling. I can go on forever. I look forward to seeing your typings! If another picture is required please feel free to ask, and I will provide http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...t_20110531.jpg

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha NT would be my wild guess.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Alpha NT would be my wild guess.
    Wall of text equals Alpha NT.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'll be honest and say i skipped everything you wrote and just saw your pic and i hope you stick around because you are super good looking (:
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    i'll be honest and say i skipped everything you wrote and just saw your pic and i hope you stick around because you are super good looking (:
    Do you agree that he looks similar to MysticSonic??

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of the things in the OP aren't necessarily type-related. A few impressions stand out though. One is an orientation towards people, interests directly involving people, and implementing things in the physical world. Possibly this might point to an extrotim and/or ethical type.

I found it interesting that your example of being imaginative was doing something with your sister's hair products. There are certain "loaded" words in Socionics, and "imaginative" is one of them, as some people will instantly think it signifies Ne, others will go further and think it means Alpha NT, and still others will associate it with Ni.

But it's interesting how the same words mean something very different to different people. For example, the word "imaginative" usually makes me think of someone spending time imagining some made-up event/story/idea in his/her head. Whereas someone else may associate the word with clever practical jokes involve their sister's hair spray, or something like that. So in some ways the examples one associates with the words are even more telling than the words themselves.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you agree that he looks similar to MysticSonic??
    i totally see the resemblance. lol they're both reallY good looking guys tho
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

No shirt? A creep.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    No shirt? A creep.
    Lol, shirt or no shirt, VI is possible. That's all he uploaded it for

What type do you think you are in Socionics, and how well do you know socionics? Your OP sounds ILE, but if you know what ILE is, there is suddenly a problem

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah agree, your OP sounds ILE. You VI SLE to me though... not that i'm a VI expert or anything.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I the only one who also sees a little bit of Ssmall in the photo?
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My general impression is base. So ENTp, or ENFp.

Quote Originally Posted by Revan View Post
    I'm in my senior year of college so I'm trying to stay focused and motivated, which can be rather difficult.
    I hear you. Welcome to the forum. This place is a lot more boring than it used to be, and the quality of interaction has really gone down as of late. Anyways, hopefully you'll find some things (and people) of interest here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    Am I the only one who also sees a little bit of Ssmall in the photo?
    Yeah....
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I see mostly Jimmy Fallon

p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Firstly, thank you for the compliments I'm flattered Also I didn't understand some of your references, but thats okay. To clarify some points... I put the example of me making "potions" with random materials as a kid to demonstrate a concrete example of when I would play it would be in a very fanciful way. I meant to use imaginative as a more creative or pretend way. When I think of imagination I usually think of anything creative, and also not exactly "reality" based. Probably not the best example, since most kids are weird but I figured any real examples would be easier than none. Next, I am rather familiar with Socionics as I mentioned. I did self type myself as ILE mostly as a process of elimination, and that I believe it fits but I came on here for other people's opinions and analysis. I can see how there could be some bias in there, but everything I said was factual and I relate to it well. I am constantly re-evaluating, however, to make sure, but it always seems to come back to ILE. I'm not as people-oriented as you might think. I enjoy socializing, but I don't necessarily go out of my way for it, although my EIE mother has conditioned me a little to be more "respectful" towards people. I see myself as more logical, but then again what I see in myself could be what I want to see in myself and in reality, on the outside I may be different. That scares me a lot. The thought of me only seeing myself as I want to see myself and not how I actually am would drive me insane. Sorry for the rant. IEI may be possible, but again not sure.

As for the other comments, yeah this forum does seem a little slow, where are all the other nerds?! For the no shirt comment, I hate clothes and any chance I get I strip, call me a nudist I suppose xD Clothes feel so...restricting.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You write like a Ne type. As for your type, I'm thinking of Ne-ENTp.

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SLI or SEI
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa darling. We need confirm.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Revan View Post
    I will attach a picture for V.I. but I would also like to try and include a small description of how my cognition works. So to begin, I have always been very curious. Fairly imaginative too. I remember as a kid I would go outside with a cup gather some dirt and plant stuff then I would get some water and finally I would go into my sister's hair products and mix them all into my concoction and then put it into the freezer. I would pretend I was making a potion. Strange I know, but I had a blast. Thats just an example of how imaginative I was when playing as a kid. I could go through a timeline of sorts, but I'll stick to me as of late. I love to research. Although I hate reading everything all the way through, I usually skim and try to get a general idea of what is being said. After getting a general concept, I like to piece it together and really enjoy relating it to other things. I can be pretty absent-minded, but I also feel as though I am more observant than most people...at least the people I know. I have been studying Carl Jung for about 3 years now, especially his Psychological Types. I went from MBTI to the amazing Socionics. Although I see the merits of both, I really enjoy Socionics more. I love to analyze people and am fairly good at it too I'd say. I enjoy hanging out with friends and also try to promote a positive, fun atmosphere by joking and acting insane. After hanging out with people, I like to reflect and attempt to type them. I can be insensitive sometimes, but I generally mean well. I can go into times of long introspection to try and analyze myself and type myself as well. I've come to the conclusion that I can be contradictory and have a hard time understanding my actions and thoughts sometimes. I usually just accept it and move on. Also, my memory is not so good a lot of the time. I say things and forget that I have said them, can go a long time without remembering to stay in contact with people, I also can get bored of people very easily which I kind of feel bad about. Depending on how life is going, I can go into long periods of melancholy and when something exciting happens (for once) I can get really happy and excited. Generally, recently at least, I'm in a calm, neutral state of mind almost apathy. I would rather have fun, exciting things going on all the time, but that isn't very practical at this time. I'm in my senior year of college so I'm trying to stay focused and motivated, which can be rather difficult. I can be easily distracted and not many things can keep my attention. Jung and Socionics can keep my attention very well, however, especially since I love to apply it to people and also understand myself. I also love discussing any interesting topic and absolutely can't stand small talk. If it is something that interests me I can run my mouth for hours. This makes me think that I should be a professor, but I think I would rather like an investigative job. Well, I'm going to stop here before I keep rambling. I can go on forever. I look forward to seeing your typings! If another picture is required please feel free to ask, and I will provide
    This speaks of an introvert because you're discussing a lot about yourself as an object of your experiences rather than the very objects are experienced. I would confirm SLI.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

no.
    Don't argue with me, I know better.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the OP, I get the impression that you have Ep-temperament. And taking into account what has been said, I'd agree with ILE for now.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer