View Poll Results: How do you identify with the description?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am an Se type and I identify with the description.

    1 11.11%
  • I am an Se type and I don't identify with the description.

    2 22.22%
  • I am an Ni type and I identify with the description.

    2 22.22%
  • I am an Ni type and I don't identify with the description.

    1 11.11%
  • I am an Si type and I identify with the description.

    0 0%
  • I am an Si type and I don't identify with the description.

    0 0%
  • I am an Ne type and I identify with the description.

    2 22.22%
  • I am an Ne type and I don't identify with the description.

    1 11.11%
Results 1 to 40 of 40

Thread: Perception: Sight and Task Handling aka Fighting Styles Redux

  1. #1
    Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Holy Temple of St. Augusta
    Posts
    3,682
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Perception: Sight and Task Handling aka Fighting Styles [Redux]

    These are not conceptions superficially attributed to Socionics. The descriptions here have been carved out of my own personal observations of the Socionics types and their functional manifestations. I consider them to have practical validity.

    I'm interested in whether these descriptions accurately capture what others have witnessed and so there is a poll. People are also encouraged to speak on their own observations.


    Extraverted Sensing, Volitional Sensing
    Ninja / Brawler / Champion
    Tunnel Vision + Ballistic
    Method: Spraying / Free-For-All
    Strength: Multiple targets + upfront
    Weakness: One target + faraway



    This type prefers to get the clear-cut and fixed state of the situation. The combination of both Tunnel Vision and Ballistic means the type tends to focus on multiple tasks that are near in actual distance, or time needed to execute them. This type tends to tackle problems as they arise, all at once. This type charges and is hands-on in its conquering of the situation, specializing in handling multiple, immediate targets.

    The picture of was chosen because The Bride is surrounded by enemies thus forcing her to defeat them in an all-against-one scramble. The bar brawl picture was also chosen because of the free-for-all nature which entails a completely opposed environment. Any other picture capturing the element of a free-for-all or all-against-one can represent this type.


    Introverted Intuition, Intuition of Time
    Archer / Watcher / Investigator
    Peripheral Vision + Directed
    Method: Observing / Temporal Tracking / Waiting
    Strength: One target + far away
    Weakness: Multiple targets + upfront



    This type prefers to get the big picture and elapsed view of the situation. The combination of both Peripheral and Directed means the type tends to focus on a limited number of tasks that are far away in actual distance, or time needed to execute them. The type tends to let problems build up and takes them out in momentous events. This type observes movement and waits for the right pivotal moments to act, specializing in handling single, distant targets.

    The archery photo was chosen to represent this type because of the distant observing nature of the art, but in some ways can also be represented by a sniper or rifleman. Any other medium capturing the element of "never losing sight of the goal" can also represent this type.


    Introverted Sensing, Space-settling Sensing
    Sniper / Hunter / Assassin
    Tunnel Vision + Directed
    Method: Close Quarters / One on One / Pursue
    Strength: One target + upfront
    Weakness: Multiple targets + far away



    This type prefers to get the clear-cut and developing view of the situation. The combination of both Tunnel Vision and Directed means the type tends to focus on a limited number of tasks that are near in actual distance, or time needed to execute them. The type tends to tackle problems as they arise, one-by-one. This type tracks progression and is hands-on in its proactive control of the situation, specializing in handling single, immediate targets.

    The sniper in ghillie suit photo was chosen to represent this type because of the hunting elements associated with it; a sniper rifle is utilized for taking out a single target. The stalker with knife photo was also chosen for the proactive hunting element in a close-quaters combat engagement. Any other mediums capturing focused proactivity towards an immediate goal can represent this type.



    , Extraverted Intuition, Intuition of Potential
    Bomber / Mastermind / (Double) Secret Agent
    Peripheral Vision + Ballistic
    Method: Trapping / Playing Both Sides
    Strength: Multiple targets + far away
    Weakness: One target + upfront



    This type prefers to get the big picture and fixed state of the situation. The combination of both Peripheral Vision and Ballistic means the type tends to focus on multiple tasks that are far away in actual distance, or time needed to execute them. This type tends to let problems build up and takes them out in orchestrated events. This type ambushes, and devises a grand plan of action, specializing in handling multiple, distant targets.

    The fighter jet photo was chosen to represent this type because of the view pilots have from the cockpit. Pilots have access to intelligence by use of their instruments, especially radar and heads-Up display, which captures orchestrated methods of task handling. A minefield was also chosen due to the overwhelming expectation of danger, mines are scattered comprehensively effectively stopping direct engagement. Any other mediums capturing the element of circumvention can represent this type.


    Definitions:

    Peripheral Vision = Task handling which processes through mental abstraction, necessitating a substantial spatial, temporal, and mental distance from targets. Targets tend to be found on the outerbounds of a field of vision. In an everyday context tasks are those that may not seem universally relevant, important or immediate in the present situation. Eyes tend toward broader, detached views. N, intuition, Internal Abstract.

    Tunnel Vision = Task handling which processes through physical engagement, necessitating close spatial, temporal, and mental distance from targets. Targets tend to be found within the center focal points of a field of vision. In an everyday context tasks are those that are universally relevant, important, or immediate to the present situation. Eyes tend toward close-up views. S, sensing, External Involved.

    Directed = Task orientation which tends to focus on a limited number(1~) of targets at a time. It entails temporal & spatial tracking and focused concentrations of energy. Targets are endured and executed. Directed types tend to have a fixated view, especially the Peripheral types who may have gazes that resemble the Thousand-yard stare. Eyes tend toward fixation on a few targets. Pi, introverted perception, Dynamic Field.

    Ballistic = Task orientation which tends to focus on a multiple number of targets at a time. It entails physical and mental overpowering and scattered distributions of energy. Targets are encountered and conquered. Ballistic types tend to have a moving view, especially the Tunnel Vision types as they are focused on objects in the sensate world. Eyes tend toward capturing every object. Pe, extraverted perception, Static Field.

    Information Aspects correlated with Perception
    : Internal Abstract Statics of Objects
    : External Involved Statics of Objects
    : External Involved Dynamics of Fields
    : Internal Abstract Dynamics of Fields

    Tunnel Vision + Ballistic
    - Peripheral + Ballistic
    - Tunnel Vision+ Directed
    - Peripheral + Directed

    Issues:
    • The sniper may be able to fit into either or , but the zoom of a sniper rifle scope has hunting associations and brings the target into close-range distance as opposed to being faraway with the naked eye.
    • I've yet to figure out how the Rational Information Aspects fit within this.
    Last edited by EyeSeeCold; 01-20-2012 at 11:18 PM. Reason: minor edits
    (i)NTFS

    An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

    31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

    Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites


    Fidei Defensor

  2. #2
    Punk
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    1,657
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can't decide because you left out the rational functions. I can be ballistic with Te; actually I think Te is ballistic in nature if I had to choose between ballistic and directed. It executes the cogitations of Ni, so to speak.

    If I had to wager it would be something like
    Ni - Peripheral + Directed
    Te - Tunnel Vision + Ballistic
    for me.

    If it's worth anything to you, I personally like the dichotomies; seems compatible with the conceptual semantics of the functions, builts properly on Jungian concepts, and makes a lot more sense than that Reinin Shit anyway, which seems to make purely statistical associations.
    Last edited by DividedsGhost; 01-20-2012 at 06:32 PM.

  3. #3
    fka lungs ashlesha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    13,171
    Mentioned
    678 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    i think that handling one clear-cut thing at a time is obviously easiest for anyone so i guess i relate to the Si one.

  4. #4
    Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Holy Temple of St. Augusta
    Posts
    3,682
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DividedsGhost View Post
    I can't decide because you left out the rational functions. I can be ballistic with Te; actually I think Te is ballistic in nature if I had to choose between ballistic and directed. It executes the cogitations of Ni, so to speak.

    If I had to wager it would be something like
    Ni - Peripheral + Directed
    Te - Tunnel Vision + Ballistic
    for me.
    I left out the Rational Information Aspects because I can't identify them.

    Anyway, the terms are specific and can't be used twice for another function/aspect, I crossed out what I'm referring to. New terms are needed for the Rational aspects which are:

    Te - External Abstract + Dynamics of Bodies
    Fe - Internal Involved + Dynamics of Bodies
    Ti - External Abstract + Statics of Fields
    Fi - Internal Involved + Statics of Fields

    If it's worth anything to you, I personally like the dichotomies; seems capable with the conceptual semantics of the functions, builts properly on Jungian concepts, and makes a lot more sense than that Reinin Shit anyway, which seems to make purely statistical associations.
    I don't think the Reinins are reliable either except for the function related ones which are Static/Dynamic, Merry/Serious and Judicious/Decisive, and also Aristocratic/Democratic(sometimes).

    Quote Originally Posted by kassie View Post
    i think that handling one clear-cut thing at a time is obviously easiest for anyone so i guess i relate to the Si one.
    Okay, are you still EII? What about the Ne one? The Se one?
    (i)NTFS

    An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

    31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

    Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites


    Fidei Defensor

  5. #5
    Punk
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    1,657
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    Te - External Abstract + Dynamics of Bodies
    Fe - Internal Involved + Dynamics of Bodies
    Ti - External Abstract + Statics of Fields
    Fi - Internal Involved + Statics of Fields
    No offense, but when I read stuff like this, I don't know what you're talking about.
    Introversion/extroversion is a dichotomy of involution/evolution before all else; and that seems incompatible with these ideas here.

    Care to elucidate your proposition?

  6. #6
    fka lungs ashlesha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    13,171
    Mentioned
    678 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    Okay, are you still EII? What about the Ne one? The Se one?
    esi, definitely not si ego, and the si one seems like the obvious choice- i don't relate to the others. reading the definitions, directed>ballistic stands out more for me than tunnel>peripheral. but there is no way i'm dynamic.

  7. #7
    Punk
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    1,657
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kassie View Post
    esi, definitely not si ego, and the si one seems like the obvious choice- i don't relate to the others. reading the definitions, directed>ballistic stands out more for me than tunnel>peripheral. but there is no way i'm dynamic.
    Hey Kassie, if you had a penis, would your penis be dynamic, since penises stretch when flaccid? And if so, what would be the difference between an ESI with a dynamic penis and one with a static vagina? I must know...

  8. #8
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,445
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wasn't there a somewhat recent thread that described this exact same thing in those exact same terms with several of those exact same pictures?

  9. #9
    24601 ClownsandEntropy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Posts
    670
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    And what does redux mean?

    I don't know what I think because not enough people have voted. That being said, the Ne description reminds me of how I play in games, and possibly how I organise, but I'm not too sure. It all seems a bit too contrived for me to really answer from how I feel. Not that there's something necessarily wrong with the descriptions themselves.

    Secondly, I don't think that it necessarily follows from the information aspects descriptions to your fighting styles descriptions. They may be related, but I don't believe they necessarily follow by definition.
    Warm Regards,



    Clowns & Entropy

  10. #10
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,445
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownsandEntropy View Post
    And what does redux mean?
    It means he's reposted an old thread he made but with extensions.

    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ighting-Styles

  11. #11
    Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Holy Temple of St. Augusta
    Posts
    3,682
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownsandEntropy View Post

    I don't know what I think because not enough people have voted. That being said, the Ne description reminds me of how I play in games, and possibly how I organise, but I'm not too sure. It all seems a bit too contrived for me to really answer from how I feel. Not that there's something necessarily wrong with the descriptions themselves.

    Secondly, I don't think that it necessarily follows from the information aspects descriptions to your fighting styles descriptions. They may be related, but I don't believe they necessarily follow by definition.
    I observed the phenomena first, then started thinking Socionically and realized there were patterns. With more thought and observations put into the theory I realized it correlated with the Information Aspects. Using the Information Aspects was more for justification and indicative proof of what I was witnessing, rather than it being the other way around and that my descriptions were derived from them.


    Being that I can't see through everyone else's eyes and process what's going on in their minds, I could definitely be wrong, hence the thread for discussion. And there's always room for improvement.

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownsandEntropy
    And what does redux mean?
    It means he's reposted an old thread he made but with extensions.

    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ighting-Styles
    Yea. Redux because I expanded in a blog but never included the information, plus more additions.
    Last edited by EyeSeeCold; 01-21-2012 at 11:44 PM.
    (i)NTFS

    An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

    31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

    Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites


    Fidei Defensor

  12. #12
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,333
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't relate to any of them, is that normal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    video games
    vidya

  13. #13
    Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Holy Temple of St. Augusta
    Posts
    3,682
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I don't relate to any of them, is that normal?
    If you think your understanding is off, you can ask questions for calibration.

    It's not a problem if you can't introspect and identify yourself, plus the theory's validity is still in question.

    You don't relate to any of them, but have you observed anything similar in yourself or other people?
    (i)NTFS

    An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

    31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

    Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites


    Fidei Defensor

  14. #14
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    ESC, if I saw a field guarded by a sign with "mines" on it, the first thought is looking to organize an even by which that mine can be cleared of it's dangerous content with the outlook of it being safer for people especially children, and I envision the space being used for future family oriented events. So what am I using? that leads into (I think that's how it is actually).

  15. #15
    Korpsy Knievel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,231
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    ESC, if I saw a field guarded by a sign with "mines" on it, the first thought is looking to organize an even by which that mine can be cleared of it's dangerous content with the outlook of it being safer for people especially children, and I envision the space being used for future family oriented events. So what am I using? that leads into (I think that's how it is actually).
    "The Iran Iraq confilct spawned a particularly gruesome variant of the "Human Wave" attack. The Iranian clergy rejected professional military doctrine because they felt that God endorsed their struggle. This could also have been because they had no professional military training and a lack of modern weapons. Pasdaran forces and Basij volunteers as young as 9 years old were used to sweep over over minefields and entrenched positions developed by the more professional Iraqi military opposition. The Iranians lacked the equipment to breach Iraqi minefields and were not willing to risk their small tank force. Therefore unarmed human-wave tatics, often involving children who were apparently considered expendable, were employed. One East European journalist reports seeing "tens of thousands of children, roped together in groups of about 20 to prevent the faint-hearted from deserting, make such an attack." It has been suggested that girls were more commonly used for frontline mine clearance, and boys for unarmed "assaults". The children were reportedly issued with a special "Paradise Key" as a symbol of martyrdom by the Mullahs."1

    "During the Iran-Iraq War, the Ayatollah Khomeini imported 500,000 small plastic keys from Taiwan. The trinkets were meant to be inspirational. After Iraq invaded in September, 1980, it had quickly become clear that Iran's forces were no match for Saddam Hussein's professional, well-armed military. To compensate for their disadvantage, Khomeini sent Iranian children, some as young as 12 years old, to the front lines. There, they marched in formation across minefields toward the enemy, clearing a path with their bodies. Before every mission, one of the Taiwanese keys would be hung around each child's neck. It was supposed to open the gates to paradise for them."2

    I read somewhere that the Iranian public felt squeamish about reports of child martyrs being blown to pieces in their suicidal mine-clearing operations. In response the Basij ordered the children to be wrapped in pieces of carpet so that as they rolled along on the ground and detonated buried explosives their body parts would remain better collected together. Abrahamism is some kind of shit. *spit*

    1. http://www.indopedia.org/index.php?t..._Iran-Iraq_War
    2. http://www.nationalpost.com/news/sto...06d703401b&p=1

  16. #16
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ekpyrosos View Post
    "The Iran Iraq confilct spawned a particularly gruesome variant of the "Human Wave" attack. The Iranian clergy rejected professional military doctrine because they felt that God endorsed their struggle. This could also have been because they had no professional military training and a lack of modern weapons. Pasdaran forces and Basij volunteers as young as 9 years old were used to sweep over over minefields and entrenched positions developed by the more professional Iraqi military opposition. The Iranians lacked the equipment to breach Iraqi minefields and were not willing to risk their small tank force. Therefore unarmed human-wave tatics, often involving children who were apparently considered expendable, were employed. One East European journalist reports seeing "tens of thousands of children, roped together in groups of about 20 to prevent the faint-hearted from deserting, make such an attack." It has been suggested that girls were more commonly used for frontline mine clearance, and boys for unarmed "assaults". The children were reportedly issued with a special "Paradise Key" as a symbol of martyrdom by the Mullahs."1

    "During the Iran-Iraq War, the Ayatollah Khomeini imported 500,000 small plastic keys from Taiwan. The trinkets were meant to be inspirational. After Iraq invaded in September, 1980, it had quickly become clear that Iran's forces were no match for Saddam Hussein's professional, well-armed military. To compensate for their disadvantage, Khomeini sent Iranian children, some as young as 12 years old, to the front lines. There, they marched in formation across minefields toward the enemy, clearing a path with their bodies. Before every mission, one of the Taiwanese keys would be hung around each child's neck. It was supposed to open the gates to paradise for them."2

    I read somewhere that the Iranian public felt squeamish about reports of child martyrs being blown to pieces in their suicidal mine-clearing operations. In response the Basij ordered the children to be wrapped in pieces of carpet so that as they rolled along on the ground and detonated buried explosives their body parts would remain better collected together. Abrahamism is some kind of shit. *spit*

    1. http://www.indopedia.org/index.php?t..._Iran-Iraq_War
    2. http://www.nationalpost.com/news/sto...06d703401b&p=1
    Why did you post that?

  17. #17
    Korpsy Knievel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,231
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Why did you post that?
    It's the first thing I thought of when I saw the first thing you thought of.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,002
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ekpyrosos View Post
    It's the first thing I thought of when I saw the first thing you thought of.
    Looks familiar.

  19. #19
    Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Holy Temple of St. Augusta
    Posts
    3,682
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    ESC, if I saw a field guarded by a sign with "mines" on it, the first thought is looking to organize an even by which that mine can be cleared of it's dangerous content with the outlook of it being safer for people especially children, and I envision the space being used for future family oriented events. So what am I using? that leads into (I think that's how it is actually).
    Well that's clearly Intuition from my definitions and descriptions.

    You described what line of thinking you'd go through upon observing some scenery, that's kind of different from the OP. It's not what would you think about each picture, but which picture captures the way you normally see reality.

    Do you see reality as a field of mines? In other words, seeing the world as being too delicate with many directions things could go. In such a world you need to think carefully.
    (i)NTFS

    An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

    31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

    Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites


    Fidei Defensor

  20. #20
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, that's tough.

  21. #21
    silke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Posts
    4,263
    Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    Introverted Intuition, Intuition of Time
    ...
    Strength: One target + far away
    Weakness: Multiple targets + upfront
    It was the reverse in last game that I've played. My character was specialized for interceptor class, which meant having encounters up close with one up to several targets and relying on speed and agility to make it through. If you want to relate this play style to socionics, then it would most closely relate to V-S cognition rather than to any particular IE (elements don't exist in isolation and their combination seems to be a case of strong emergence). Interceptors would move in front of the group and relay information about the territory ahead, so being able to quickly make sense of constantly changing conditions and tracking multiple processes and targets were important for this role. The other ones you have listed are way off as well. From what I've observed in that game you'll be better off basing your fighting styles on temperaments, clubs, and cognitive styles rather than on any particular elements.

  22. #22
    Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Holy Temple of St. Augusta
    Posts
    3,682
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    It was the reverse in last game that I've played. My character was specialized for interceptor class, which meant having encounters up close with one up to several targets and relying on speed and agility to make it through. If you want to relate this play style to socionics, then it would most closely relate to V-S cognition rather than to any particular IE (elements don't exist in isolation and their combination seems to be a case of strong emergence). Interceptors would move in front of the group and relay information about the territory ahead, so being able to quickly make sense of constantly changing conditions and tracking multiple processes and targets were important for this role. The other ones you have listed are way off as well. From what I've observed in that game you'll be better off basing your fighting styles on temperaments, clubs, and cognitive styles rather than on any particular elements.
    The observations came before the theory and I correlated them to IM aspects instead of IM elements. See my response to ClownsandEntropy: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...l=1#post842635

    You make a point about cognitive styles, and I also don't account for neither the Rational functions nor Ego placement, so I'm sure something is off, I just don't know to what degree. I know something is there but it's hard to gauge anything.
    (i)NTFS

    An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

    31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

    Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites


    Fidei Defensor

  23. #23
    Hiding Typhon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Valhalla
    TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Posts
    2,641
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I dont know if I actually identify with my description or not...it could be true(or not) but its all too new for me to grasp since I never really thought about this.

  24. #24
    fka noki, zap, ath kopyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    398
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    bump cuz this is interesting no matter how some asshole skeptic tries to slice it.

  25. #25
    Pookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Posts
    2,262
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Luis Monda, head coach of a very good vegas boxing gym, has said before that your personality will define the way that you fight and attempting to learn in a manner other than whats natural is investing in diminishing returns.

    Patience, Risk-Taking, Balance, Methodical/Explosive, Offensive/Defensive, etc... all are attributable to how you are in real life.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

  26. #26
    fka lungs ashlesha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    13,171
    Mentioned
    678 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    lol, i want to apply this to league of legends somehow, but i don't know how.

  27. #27
    Moderator Reficulris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,041
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    lol, i want to apply this to league of legends somehow, but i don't know how.
    Fi: support solo champ buffer
    Fe: strong team enhancer
    Te: nassus (it's all about the numbers)
    Ti: eh...Syndra, skill and precicion
    Se: tanks (ramus comes to mind, he's fat, he rolls over you and he's fast).
    Si: ehh...support again? Healer!!
    Ni: Zilian (it's all about time), Marksmen
    Ne: twisted fate, leblanc, kassadin, trollpolefrog....

  28. #28
    fka lungs ashlesha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    13,171
    Mentioned
    678 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    here is what i know. maybe somebody like @Ath can create order out of it.
    idk if they'd necessarily all agree with how i categorized them but otoh...

    me (ESI>EII): best with ranged ap champs. also enjoy melee bruiser. i like champs with burst damage and stuns. not so good with skill shots
    hitta (IEI? LII? SLI? etc): always picks the op champs and hypercarries. good at backdooring. melee bruiser and ranged ad
    mune (SEI): tank and support or melee bruiser. good aggressive support
    jadae (EIE): ranged ap. likes a lot of trolly champs that lay ambushes or go invis lol. good at skill shots
    rat (IEI): king of the jungle. lots of overall map awareness and good ganker
    vero (ILE): best support. ranged ap.
    shin (ILE): idk...everything? i don't remember if i've seen him support
    rob (SLI): i think he does other stuff a lot but what stands out in my head is bruisers maybe because renekton
    gummi (EIE): ranged ap and tank. goes off by himself a lot (loose cannon lol) and needs champs that can escape easily


    i'm sure i'm forgetting people. some i just haven't played with enough to know. like, i remember lecky is good at twisted fate but thats it.
    Last edited by ashlesha; 03-10-2014 at 03:53 PM.

  29. #29

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,163
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I like playing archery classes in rpgs, i always wanted to be skilled w/ bow and arrow irl - and i am supposedly ni-ego, so there's probably something to this. good job op. although im being too anecdotal, there is such a thing as coincidences i suppose.

    and yes i am weak against a bunch of hot rowdy rugged street wise men having their way with me but who isn't. homina homina

  30. #30
    xerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,600
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Jinx: E7
    Capitalism is the belief that the rich don't work hard when they don't earn enough, and that the poor don't work hard when they earn too much.

  31. #31

  32. #32
    Pookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Posts
    2,262
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There are some things there that are absolutely accurate, and I was surprised. Though, the point of view of the author at times detracted from the insights to instead focus on things that I felt were frivolous to the message of "help you understand both yourself and others when you get into a fight", and at points backwards.
    The Cold-Feeling, as in high arousal but slow expenditure of energy doesn't extend the fight to hurt the other person more, they extend the fight to maintain high levels of energy for as long as possible. While the opponent toils, you conserve. In my experience, Cold-Feeling is the most likely to go for a victory that involves little damage to the opponent. Cold-thinking is an interesting inverse, where energy is expended slowly but the aim of which is still to increase the gap in available stamina. The difference being that Cold-Thinking is proactive in reducing the opponents energy(Body shots, leg kicks, suffocating pressure, etc...) whereas Cold-Feeling is about maintaining ones own stamina at high levels. Both essentially operate on the maxim, fatigue makes cowards of all men. Cold-Thinking is the archetype of the composed fighter who strikes with purpose and doesn't get deterred. Cold-feeling is the guy who handles himself beyond his skill level, but also doesn't make quick work of the people his skill level exceeds as quickly as he should.
    Hot is the high emotional response, and the expenditure of energy. Explosive > Technical. Hot-Thinking is about setting up kill shots, and nicely fits into what I've seen with SLE professionals. Hot-Feeling is more about overwhelming, but in a short term sense. Put you out early, so that you cant mount an offense. In my experience, Hot-Feeling, though it is touted as the Lone survivor on the battlefield, has the least capability for growth. Though, they are the ones who usually win a fight when both people do not know how to fight. "Hit first and hit hard". But yeah, a high emotional response, with no plotting of tactics, AND high aggression... that is the guy who has a low ceiling, that can only be elevated due to natural talent. Hot-thinking is the one people fall into, typically when they are both prone to fighting and good at fighting. They are the ones that time your responses to their aggression and then adjust at full power and end the fight early.


    But yes. Feeling fighters, gravitate towards extremes. (Hot)High emotional response: entirely proactive. (Cold)Low Emotional Response: entirely reactive. The thinking fighters cover the middle ground. If there is a
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

  33. #33
    Muddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    TIM
    somethin'
    Posts
    1,574
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Dota 2:

    Ti: Mechanically intensive heroes like tinker, meepo, pudge, clockwerk
    Te: Hard carries like Anti-mage, legion commander, phantom assassin
    Fi: Self-sacrificing initiators like tidehunter, earthshaker, enigma
    Fe: Hard supports like dazzle, Io, omniknight
    Si: Roamers like bounty hunter, riki, nyx assassin
    Se: Damage tanks like bristleback, tusk, ursa, axe
    Ni: Long range glass cannons like drow ranger, sniper, clinkz
    Ne: Unorthodox heroes like techies, invoker, broodmother

  34. #34
    escaping anndelise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    WA
    TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Posts
    6,342
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    changingminds.org is one of my top favorite sites.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

  35. #35
    Number 9 large's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Inside yo moms vagina
    TIM
    D-SLE-Se
    Posts
    1,508
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Dota 2:

    Ti: Mechanically intensive heroes like tinker, meepo, pudge, clockwerk
    Te: Hard carries like Anti-mage, legion commander, phantom assassin
    Fi: Self-sacrificing initiators like tidehunter, earthshaker, enigma
    Fe: Hard supports like dazzle, Io, omniknight
    Si: Roamers like bounty hunter, riki, nyx assassin
    Se: Damage tanks like bristleback, tusk, ursa, axe
    Ni: Long range glass cannons like drow ranger, sniper, clinkz
    Ne: Unorthodox heroes like techies, invoker, broodmother
    Its funny cuz i actually play juggernauts in league: illaoi, darius, garen, olaf xd
    8w7 7w8 3w2

  36. #36
    I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it Pallas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Durmstrang School
    Posts
    2,845
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's a typology that's real

    If you want to beat an enemy, first make them play an RPG with you

  37. #37
    I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it Pallas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Durmstrang School
    Posts
    2,845
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    There are some things there that are absolutely accurate, and I was surprised. Though, the point of view of the author at times detracted from the insights to instead focus on things that I felt were frivolous to the message of "help you understand both yourself and others when you get into a fight", and at points backwards.
    The Cold-Feeling, as in high arousal but slow expenditure of energy doesn't extend the fight to hurt the other person more, they extend the fight to maintain high levels of energy for as long as possible. While the opponent toils, you conserve. In my experience, Cold-Feeling is the most likely to go for a victory that involves little damage to the opponent. Cold-thinking is an interesting inverse, where energy is expended slowly but the aim of which is still to increase the gap in available stamina. The difference being that Cold-Thinking is proactive in reducing the opponents energy(Body shots, leg kicks, suffocating pressure, etc...) whereas Cold-Feeling is about maintaining ones own stamina at high levels. Both essentially operate on the maxim, fatigue makes cowards of all men. Cold-Thinking is the archetype of the composed fighter who strikes with purpose and doesn't get deterred. Cold-feeling is the guy who handles himself beyond his skill level, but also doesn't make quick work of the people his skill level exceeds as quickly as he should.
    Hot is the high emotional response, and the expenditure of energy. Explosive > Technical. Hot-Thinking is about setting up kill shots, and nicely fits into what I've seen with SLE professionals. Hot-Feeling is more about overwhelming, but in a short term sense. Put you out early, so that you cant mount an offense. In my experience, Hot-Feeling, though it is touted as the Lone survivor on the battlefield, has the least capability for growth. Though, they are the ones who usually win a fight when both people do not know how to fight. "Hit first and hit hard". But yeah, a high emotional response, with no plotting of tactics, AND high aggression... that is the guy who has a low ceiling, that can only be elevated due to natural talent. Hot-thinking is the one people fall into, typically when they are both prone to fighting and good at fighting. They are the ones that time your responses to their aggression and then adjust at full power and end the fight early.


    But yes. Feeling fighters, gravitate towards extremes. (Hot)High emotional response: entirely proactive. (Cold)Low Emotional Response: entirely reactive. The thinking fighters cover the middle ground. If there is a
    I think it's more like: Feeling fighters = focused on what they can do, Thinking fighters = focused on what they think the opponent can do. So basically, Berserker just gives everything they have up front, and Ice Warrior gives nothing until their opponent just gets to a point where they weaken themselves, regardless of who their opponent is. Then the other two try to estimate their opponents and that involves a lot of risk. Berserker seems like it is the fighting style of people who have no idea how to fight. If they don't win immediately, they're going to lose because they run out instantly. Ice Warrior is the opposite, and if you don't beat them immediately, you're going to lose. Then Powerhouse is trying to size up the other person to bring them down immediately, and if they don't, they lose, and Mechanic is trying to bring them down over time, and if they don't, they lose. The main value of this is probably to get people to change styles when it'd be advantageous for them.

  38. #38
    Muddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    TIM
    somethin'
    Posts
    1,574
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Its funny cuz i actually play juggernauts in league: illaoi, darius, garen, olaf xd

    Same here actually, juggernauts are my favorite class overall, right beside assassins. Nasus, Garen and Darius are among my more oftenly played champs. Outside of juggernauts my other favorites are Zed, Pantheon, Yi, and Katarina. Basically anyone who can deal shit tons of damage and isn't an ADC, which I don't like because I hate being a squishy bitch who can't don't shit without catering from a support.

  39. #39
    wasp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    TIM
    ZGM
    Posts
    1,339
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This reminds me of the bending arts from Avatar: The Last Airbender. The only downside is that even if the correlation between airbending + and waterbending + is strong, I find it slightly harder to assign bending arts to and . I think firebending strongly leans toward , while earthbending resonates closer with ESj than it does ISp, but I think Toph's unique style of earthbending might be a decent representation of ISp. It combines the "grounded" quality of with the "wait and see" approach of the irrational temperament, whereas I think bloodbending (which is another variation of waterbending) can be considered the "purest" representation of , so I think it's INp. (upon reflection: I'm considering -creative for bloodbending)

    For simplification's sake, there are two variations of martial arts: external and internal.
    External is practical fighting power. Raw strength, cardio, plyometrics. You see where the kinetic energy is coming from, and you see where it's going.
    Internal is indirect by comparison. It's elusive, almost invisible, even unpredictable. Kinetic energy is drawn from within, it emerges at key moments.
    (i.e. "It's that old guy who does what looks like a shoulder shrug and sends a 300-pound biker flying.")

    I'd highly recommend watching the videos in the spoilers. I just tried to summarize his descriptions, but his really get to the heart of the bending styles.


    Airbending is which is based in Ba Gua Zhang, aka "circle walking". It's an internal style, it's highly defensive, and it moves around the object. It's about how to move and change direction without pausing or losing momentum, surrounding the opponent and delivering energy inward, as well as staying behind the opponent's back. It's like tinkerbell floating around your head, and it's the only bending art without a finishing move. Their tactics are outflanking and outmaneuvering, but they're powerless in cramped spaces.



    Waterbending is which is based in Tai Chi, aka "Incredible Energy". It's an internal style that focuses on the control and exchange of energy. It's soft and flowing, but it can be devastating once mastered. It's considered to be the art of both healing and combat. They similarly create circles, but it's to bypass attacking energy so that they can issue their own energy outward, but that externalized energy is usually their opponent's energy being redirected back at them. It's defensive like waterbending, but it's slightly more offensive.



    Firebending is which is based in Northern Shaolin Kung Fu. It's an external style. Kinetic energy constantly flows outward, I believe it to be purely offensive. They employ aggressive techniques that explode and drive through the opponent, "sending it forward for thousands of miles". Firebending is the most overtly powerful bending art, concurrently it's the most difficult to control, so if it isn't tempered then it can go out of limits unsparingly and burn down everything in its vicinity. Hence why the fire nation won't stop attacking. :/



    Earthbending is (mainly -creative), which is based in Hung Gar. It's more of an external style, but there are some elements of internal movement. This style uses deep, low stances, staying firmly rooted to the ground, along with employing strong hand techniques. Earthbenders use Hung Gar to tap into the natural power of the earth. They pound the ground with their feet, causing rocks emerge, which they then push toward their opponent. Essentially the more connected to the earth they are, the more power they wield.



    Toph's unique style of earthbending is based in Southern Praying Mantis, which I correlate with in the leading position. The difference between default earthbending and Toph's style is that Toph's blindness requires her to listen, wait, and then strike. She's got hyper-sensitive feet which aid her in gauging where she is in relation to her environment, concurrently it aids her in deciphering where her opponents are in relation to herself by monitoring the slightest movements of the ground. Like a highly advanced richter scale.





    Last edited by wasp; 04-06-2018 at 09:28 PM.
    awldjkwepierpgokqweølfqøerlkfdaergnhtm¨å¨æ''-we-fqpoeufasdøflthøljwtlhkjrøtlhhhhhhhhhhsapfoeporipr
    "WELL I'M SORRY THAT I LIKE TO HAVE OPEN COMMUNICATION IN MY RELATIONSHIPS" - Galen 2k13

  40. #40
    Number 9 large's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Inside yo moms vagina
    TIM
    D-SLE-Se
    Posts
    1,508
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Same here actually, juggernauts are my favorite class overall, right beside assassins. Nasus, Garen and Darius are among my more oftenly played champs. Outside of juggernauts my other favorites are Zed, Pantheon, Yi, and Katarina. Basically anyone who can deal shit tons of damage and isn't an ADC, which I don't like because I hate being a squishy bitch who can't don't shit without catering from a support.
    I also used to hate adc but now its probably my 2nd best role lol. Can play jhin, miss fortune and lucian
    8w7 7w8 3w2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •