Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Wife Swap UK Analysis Thread

  1. #1
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default Wife Swap UK Analysis Thread

    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=6C9AF693FEDA773C Season 3

    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=D2E95F8BA276E38C Season 5

    I think this show is pretty good for socionics analysis. I also believe the show puts incompatible people into a short term situation along with other cultural/class/religious/enviromental differences.

    I think there are often socionics related conflicts between the representatives of the quadras as well as other forms of conflict.

    It's also to be noted that these interacts also result in learning, althrough the psychological stress of the situation is generally quite high.

  2. #2
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,783
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=6C9AF693FEDA773C Season 3

    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=D2E95F8BA276E38C Season 5

    I think this show is pretty good for socionics analysis. I also believe the show puts incompatible people into a short term situation along with other cultural/class/religious/enviromental differences.

    I think there are often socionics related conflicts between the representatives of the quadras as well as other forms of conflict.

    It's also to be noted that these interacts also result in learning, althrough the psychological stress of the situation is generally quite high.
    I once used snippets from Wife Swap in a workshop I did on Socionics, as well as a complete episode (Alpha irrational couple vs. Gamma rational couple, with the Gamma couple also showing effects of having been socialized by Beta values). Very good stuff. 'Funniest' episode I ever saw was where two Delta couples were swapped, one rational couple and an irrational one. It didn't surprise me that the swap actually worked to some extent.

    ETA: most of the times all you need is the introduction, such as this one, which involves a Delta couple (most likely irrational duals, but the woman is IEE for sure - 'there is no job she can't do') and a Beta couple, most likely rational duals (man=LSI):

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeIzbel9xRU&list=PLD2E95F8BA276E38C&index= 1&feature=plpp_video

    Next!
    Last edited by consentingadult; 01-17-2012 at 11:51 PM.
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

  3. #3
    COOL AND MANLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    TIM
    Your daul
    Posts
    764
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Reminds me of an old thread about the apprentice. I still go back and read it when I'm bored. Good idea.

    I will watch the first episode.

  4. #4
    COOL AND MANLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    TIM
    Your daul
    Posts
    764
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    3x2

    Single mom seems SEE/ENFJ (not sure about any of these typings), as for her children the boy IEI and the girl LII/LSI. The youngest one didn't have much screen time so I don't know.

    The other family seemed to get along really well, the father could be LSE. I'm very fond of the mother, I think she has been very civil and positive about the whole thing, albeit a bit controlling. I don't know her type. Kids didn't get much screen time again and I wasn't very observant of them. I will come back to this later after I give it a second watch.

  5. #5
    COOL AND MANLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    TIM
    Your daul
    Posts
    764
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    3x4

    I concur with hkkmr typings. Beta irrationals and Delta irrationals. This episode was very heartwarming as both families made positives changes in each others lifes. I was very impressed by the SLE's sudden change of heart when the other mother asked him to be more firm and supportive of her.

  6. #6
    COOL AND MANLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    TIM
    Your daul
    Posts
    764
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    5x6

    Another successful episode. I'm less sure about the typings but it sounds right so I agree with Beta rationals vs Delta rationals. The kids have been fantastic, it would be nice to know their types, especially the little girl, very admirable. The EIE mom reminds me of Boxxy and the girl who stars on My Life as Liz.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Moons of Uranus
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    629
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    3x4

    I concur with hkkmr typings. Beta irrationals and Delta irrationals. This episode was very heartwarming as both families made positives changes in each others lifes. I was very impressed by the SLE's sudden change of heart when the other mother asked him to be more firm and supportive of her.
    Lol this will be interesting based on the intro. I feel sorry for both their kids. I don't think Donna is IEI or her husband SLE though, I think those typing r wrong. The other mum could definitely be IEE, dad Doug SLI....12 pet rats

  8. #8
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diam0nd View Post
    Lol this will be interesting based on the intro. I feel sorry for both their kids. I don't think Donna is IEI or her husband SLE though, I think those typing r wrong. The other mum could definitely be IEE, dad Doug SLI....12 pet rats
    Other way around, Beta Mom is SLE(does everything, calls the other mom lazy, dictatorial), Husband is IEI(easy going, sarcastic, peace making). Levi is also SLE, but happy when her father uses diplomacy with her.

    Also Doug is the intuitive(unsure rational or irrational) and the Delta mom is LSE. No IEE could be so controlling. Also she plans her daughters(IEI) life till 26 and is fond of all those labels and notes... very rational stuff

  9. #9
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    5x6

    Another successful episode. I'm less sure about the typings but it sounds right so I agree with Beta rationals vs Delta rationals. The kids have been fantastic, it would be nice to know their types, especially the little girl, very admirable. The EIE mom reminds me of Boxxy and the girl who stars on My Life as Liz.
    I type beta mom EIE, father is SLE or LSI. Daughter is ILE.

    The delta mom is EII, father is LSE and son I'm unsure about.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Moons of Uranus
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    629
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    (watching part 2 and 3)

  11. #11
    Trevor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,860
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diam0nd View Post
    (watching part 2 and 3)
    Which season? Which episode?

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Moons of Uranus
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    629
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Which season? Which episode?
    03x04

  13. #13
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yeah i'm also curious what opinions there are re: episode 3x4 as well... that's the only one i've seen so far.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  14. #14
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am analyzing 05x01 right now, and it's a interesting episode, both couples learn a bit from each other and there's a great deal of interpersonal development esp for the city couple.

    I think Carrie is a ESE or SLE, if she's ESE she's adopted a SLE persona. Her husband is kinda of a douche and a IEI.

    The farm couple is Delta.

  15. #15
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    watching 05x01 right now:

    My opinions:
    Bridget -- I think IEE.

    Bridget's husband -- wasn't sure, I think IEE too actually.

    Carrie -- yeah i think ESE. Some Fe-type. EDIT: actually i could see SLE too potentially. EDIT #2: actually if she were SLE she wouldn't be taking the husband's bullshit for so long, suffering in silence. ESE it is. Supervision works.

    Carrie's husband -- yeah agree with IEI. And with douche.
    Last edited by Suz; 01-19-2012 at 03:45 AM.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  16. #16
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Carrie -- yeah i think ESE. Some Fe-type. EDIT: actually i could see SLE too potentially. EDIT #2: actually if she were SLE she wouldn't be taking the husband's bullshit for so long, suffering in silence. ESE it is. Supervision works.
    SLE's can be surprisingly compliant, and do not require a lot of attention, she actually VI's and acts quite similarly to another SLE in wife swap. The beta wife in 3x04. The husbands are very similar in behavior and laziness.

    SLE's can be very scared of losing their relationships, and once they're hooked can sort of lose their backbone and assertiveness for a bit. This imo is more common in women than men.

    Also both these women are relatively uneducated and do the same job, hair dresser. Coincidentally, Carrie has very similar hair coloring to Levi, Donna's daughter.

    I can see her as ESE due to other considerations, such as how cheerful a person she is naturally.

    As far as the Bridget, I think she's a Delta ST, she's very physical person, you can see her getting physical when she gets angry. She also had no problem barring the door of the bathroom and using force.

  17. #17
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    SLE's can be surprisingly compliant, and do not require a lot of attention, she actually VI's and acts quite similarly to another SLE in wife swap. The beta wife in 3x04. The husbands are very similar in behavior and laziness.

    SLE's can be very scared of losing their relationships, and once they're hooked can sort of lose their backbone and assertiveness for a bit. This imo is more common in women than men.

    Also both these women are relatively uneducated and do the same job, hair dresser. Coincidentally, Carrie has very similar hair coloring to Levi, Donna's daughter.

    I can see her as ESE due to other considerations, such as how cheerful a person she is naturally.

    As far as the Bridget, I think she's a Delta ST, she's very physical person, you can see her getting physical when she gets angry. She also had no problem barring the door of the bathroom and using force.
    true u could be right about bridget... was a little conflicted...

    and i see what ur getting at with Carrie. Though hair coloring is probably NTR... but i agree she VI's similarly to both SLE women in 03x04.

    what type did u think bridget's husband was?
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  18. #18
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    true u could be right about bridget... was a little conflicted...

    and i see what ur getting at with Carrie. Though hair coloring is probably NTR... but i agree she VI's similarly to both SLE women in 03x04.

    what type did u think bridget's husband was?
    I did a bit of research and I think Carrie is hard to type, she is very attention seeking and enamored with fame and is more calculated then she seems.

    Her husband is a even bigger douchebag than he appears on tv but fairly easy to type. Search for Carrie Harris Wife Swap and see some of the stories. A few of them are tabloids so I'm not taking it super serious.

    I have a hard time typing Bridget and Mike still, they sort of blend together into one person. I think maybe activity relationship, it's seems like they're more workmates then romantic partners some of the time.

  19. #19
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    There's plenty of interesting things about these people on the show, that seems to come out if you do some research. (Like Wilma Tofts the prud Scot flashed people during a Big Brother audition) I generally find reality shows to exaggerate behavior, but generally in a way that accentuates ego and valued functions.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •