User Tag List

Thread: davidlatapie

Default davidlatapie

Hello,

Let me introduce myself. It seems that I am a "double ENFP", since I score ENFP on all the MBTI and MBTI-related test I passed (I did not met a psychologist, though - self-exams only) as well as on every socionics test I attended (again, self-exams only). I heard there was no easy equivalence between socionics and MBTI, but for me it works. So I am ENFP and ENFp

Is there something wrong with my scoring?

Thank you!

Creepy-bg

welcome

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess you are an ENFp then.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can be ENFp since you said thank you. Welcome pokemon-sounding name guy.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess people should introduce themselves with a little more sense of mystery...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davidlatapie View Post
    Is there something wrong with my scoring?
    Yes. You used MBTI. You shouldn't have.

As far as socionics goes, self-typings are often the most accurate. I'll take your word on being ENFp/IEE.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Hi all,

Abbie, I scored ENFP on MBTI and ENFp/IEE on socionics. My question is: wasn't MBTI and socionics supposed to give different types (because ENFP in MBTI parlance is not the same as ENFp in socionics parlance)?

Thanks again.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davidlatapie View Post
    Hi all,

Abbie, I scored ENFP on MBTI and ENFp/IEE on socionics. My question is: wasn't MBTI and socionics supposed to give different types (because ENFP in MBTI parlance is not the same as ENFp in socionics parlance)?

Thanks again.
    Welcome David and to answer your question it shouldn't give different types. ENFP in MBTI and ENFp in Socionics are basically the same time in terms of functions and descriptions with some differences. The main differences between the two systems involve introverted types. The reason being that the functions for introverted types switch for J/P types. So an INFP in MBTI may be an INFj in Socionics and vice versa, since they have the same dominant functions of Fi and Ne. However this is not always the case, since there are other reasons one could of identified with INFP in MBTI other than functions. I scored ENFP on a MBTI test too so you're not alone on that one.
    Last edited by Raver; 01-16-2012 at 04:42 PM.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Hi, Welcome to the 16 types!

Functionally ENFP in MBTI is the same as ENFP in Socionics, i.e Extraverted Intuition and Introverted Feeling. It is only the introverts that have a problem translating functionally between systems.

However because socionics is quite a bit different in it's system, there can easily be some incompatibility between a MBTI type and a Socionics type.

There has been a lot of time and effort volunteered by members here to create a resource for users who want to investigate Socionics. I hope this will help you!

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php

Thank you Traveler and hkkmr! I feel relieved on this one. For me, the most important part of Socionics is the interelation thing (I only very recently discovered something like that in MBTI).

Have a nice day!

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes it doesn't correlate at all, sometimes it does well. I can think of many famous types who differ in MBTI and Socionics type, and many of my friends who have just taken tests and score consistently in four preferences are a different Socionics type. But the only reason for this is because MBTI /= Jung, it's a remade version. Best way is start anew reading Jung and Aushra and look at consensus examples.