Thread: everyone is type 6

TIM
    SLE-Ti or ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default everyone is type 6

why the hell do i see type 6 in everyone, including myself?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Because you have high-dimensional Si?

Si is the Internal Sensing function, which is very concerned with maintaining inner health, peace, and harmony in the environment. Hence, Si-doms are often physically very well-coordinated, health-conscious, good cooks, good dressers, and good at arranging a house (or any space) to be beautiful.

Enneagram 6's are constantly scanning the horizon for physical threats to their well-being.

The two classifications were made for each other.

Note that SLEs have 3D Si, but LSIs have 4D Si.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 02-02-2024 at 07:45 PM.

TIM
    SLE-Ti or ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see how its possible for type 6 to be attached to an introverted function, since its basis is looking at external structures for validation/security?
    I would think introverts have more of an assurance in their own viewpoints and tendencies. I thought extroverts would rely more on external facts and systems. Maybe what I'm seeing is a more primitive human drive for security, which is a trademark of type 6 (from my understanding).
    By this logic, wouldn't it correlate with a lack of Fi? Lack of strong internal convictions which leads to people searching for external sources to fill that void.

Also, I like your description of Si, and how you made it clear that they are traits of Si Doms, and that SLEs have 3D Si and not 4D Si. I can't relate with any of that but that's expected since I'm a dimension lower and its unvalued.

Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you 6s just like to post your ennea more often

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think type 6 is probably one of the most advantageous enneagram types to have, from an evolutionary perspective. It’s the type that allows you to carefully evaluate both your physical environment and your community so you can figure out how to exist safely within this environment/community. Sure, 6s can be fearful (either openly or not) and overly cautious, but this fear they experience helps ensure their safety and survival. Even if they risk adventure or excitement, they at least have a higher chance of surviving and even reproducing.

Some 6s find security in others—by making themselves appear worthy of protection and creating relationships with people they feel can keep them safe. This ensures they have a social network that they can rely on. Remember that there is safety in numbers.

Some 6s find more security in their own logical faculties and forceful abilities, so they would rather ensure their safety and survival by their own means and actions; they may be openly distrusting and guarded, but this ensures that they will not let anyone disloyal and harmful into their life.

Lots of 6s find security by following rules closely and maintaining the logistical aspects of their life so they have everything in order; therefore they can reduce the chance of being “caught with their pants down” (in other words, being unprepared for any situation).

Whichever type of 6 a person is, their instincts of fear help ensure their safety and survival, and while the anxiety that may come from being a 6 can be overwhelming, so long as the person does not let their fear consume them, it can be an advantageous trait in the grand scheme of life. Some people may consider certain 6s cowardly, risk-averse, unfriendly, or boring, but at the end of the day, it’s often safer to keep things predictable and low-key.

TIM
    SLE-Ti or ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's an interesting perspective.
    Made me think that it makes sense that Si is correlated with type 6 because what you described sounds like a poor ability to orient in confusing or ambiguous situations. Thus they default to what they know that works. Strong Si is an indicator of poor Ne so that makes sense.

I think adding in evaluation of community is interesting. I don't really relate with constantly evaluating the physical environment but I definitely relate with the community thing. New social environments stress me the fuck out. The more novel/unknown factors like new people or new activities adds to it. Group environments in general put me on edge (informal ones, I'm fine in professional teams).

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Because core 6/6 fix is probably pretty common.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a side-effect of the type being malexplained as "Fearful". everyone has fear, and many have anxiety

this is true in RHETI's enneagram , although in ichazo/naranjo it is not so vague

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I switched from E9 to E6 after having being diagnosed with "severe" anxiety disorder. Even if I don't really feel like an E6, I try to be coherent !

As for the OP question, well, we all have an amygdala don't we ?

Allegedly, enneatypes 6-9-3 (in fact this triad is called the "attachment triad" (Riso/Hudson) some call it the "Pragmatists triad") are the most commun (according to katherine Fauvre (??)). There is maybe an elements of answer there... (?)
    Last edited by godslave; 02-17-2024 at 02:57 AM.