Thread: I'm already bored with skyrim

Creepy-bg

Default I'm already bored with skyrim

anybody have any suggestions for a game that will hold my interest? nothing too old please... like 10 years max (and that assumes that it's something really interesting)

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Creepy-bg

also... I don't pay for games, so no online stuff where you have to pay to play.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you take an arrow in the knee?
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Creepy-bg

also... needs to be pc not console.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I enjoy Lord of the Rings Online. It's more convenient to shell out money for upgrades here and there, but by no means required. The free version is still quite nice, and there's plenty to do in it.

(Let me know if you join up. I'm on the Crickhollow and Nimrodel servers.)

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm always called back to RTS, starcraft is my recommendation

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pokemon

okemon:

Perpetual Confusion Machine PistolShrimp's Avatar
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Team Fortress 2 is always Fun Times, and free!

If you want something with a story, I'd recommend Bioshock.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I enjoy playing league of legends. It's free and you can't buy your way into being better than everyone else.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skyrim is boring cause they made master difficulty impossible to beat without exploiting 24/7. Get Deus Ex:HR, Play on hardest mode, and delete your character/saves everytime you die. You will be in funland for months. My record is getting almost to the 2nd (out of 4) bosses.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I second the League of Legends suggestion by Bardia. But the new champions keep getting worse and worse.. >.>
    Still an awesome game.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you like games like Skyrim, only with a little more punch to the story line? Try Risen, and Gothic 2 Gold.

For a screensho: http://www.worldofrisen.de/english/gallery_pic704.htm

For the offical site: http://risen.deepsilver.com/blog/agegate.php

Gameplay Clips:

It has a really good story line.

TIM
    INFp, e5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skyward Sword.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    Do you like games like Skyrim, only with a little more punch to the story line? Try Risen, and Gothic 2 Gold.
    I want more punch to the game mechanics and interactivity of the enviorment. As beautiful as Skyrim is, it feels rather bland to play. The longer I go on, the less engaged I'm feeling. The storyline is just seeming like words and names, and predictable in where it's going.

As an example of some rpgish games that I was addicted to, I loved the might and magic xeen series back in the day (they look horribly dated now, but if there was a modernized version of this sort of rpg I'd love to play it (the last might and magic sucked )). those felt like there was an endless amount of different stuff to do, while skyrim feels like there's an endless amount of the same stuff to do.

maybe I'm just past rpg's idk...
    Last edited by bg; 01-09-2012 at 12:33 AM.

Creepy-bg

ehhhh.... i'm in a bit of funk lately. I was hoping that a good game would spark my interest. maybe it's just me and not the game.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you watch any of the walkthroughs? Anyway, for lots of different quests with different enemy's there is always Gothic 3. It is a 2006 release, but could really not be played on any PC of that generation - most PCs today are up to the task, but just barely. Has some bugs that needs a downloaded patch.

The story is facenating, but not that in-your-face. You are an escaped prisoner who is returning to his homeland. There he finds that his nation was overrun with Orcs. He intitally joins with human rebels who ask him to inflitrate the orcs as a mercenary to connect with other rebel spys. But it is up to him to remain loyal. He soon discovers that the orcs are led by his old mentor, an Evil Wizard. He seeks out his old advisor and is given a strange choice. The evil wizard's goal is to free humanity from the tyranny of religion, you may join him by destroying five holy artifacts whose distruction will permanantly sever humanity from divine control (but also divine mercy...) or you may chose to betray your old mentor and use the artifacts to give magical powers to the Holy Paladins and restore the faith in the land. A third choice exists, to serve the god of money and personal domination over others.

What is cool about it is the strong religious theme. I was gripped by the unfolding battle of faiths. Quests are pretty varied, but Skyrim copied it. It is like a raw, cool version of Skyrim, but more creative. I only play CRPGs!!!

Creepy-bg

Did you watch any of the walkthroughs?
    yeah. Those look nice, but they still seem to be more about the quests than interacting with the enviorment. I want dungeons with puzzles and moving parts. more dungeon exploring, less running around in towns and dealing with npc's.
    Last edited by bg; 01-09-2012 at 02:41 AM.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah Ha! Now we are getting somewhere... There is anew one comming out that seems just for you... let me find the promo clip on YouTube (hmm...) crap there was a really good one coming out soon, but all evidence for it has been deleted from my computer... I can find it no where... my facebook posts about it are gone. even in my private messages... weird.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Creepy-bg

Ah Ha! Now we are getting somewhere... There is anew one comming out that seems just for you... let me find the promo clip on YouTube (hmm...) crap there was a really good one coming out soon, but all evidence for it has been deleted from my computer... I can find it no where... my facebook posts about it are gone. even in my private messages... weird.
    ECHELON dissaproves of your game.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, it is very weird. It was so cool though.

- John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try "The Longest Journey". It's a little over 10 years old, but I remember really enjoying it and it's a story driven game. It's also apparently being ported to the iPhone so you can play that way. I haven't played it, but Dreamfall is the sequel to The Longest Journey and is also supposed to be pretty good.

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will second skyward sword but I'm not sure that you can play it on your PC. You should be able to play ocarina of time and majora's mask pretty easily on your PC though and they are both great games if you haven't played them before.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay the game that Echelon deleted was really cool. It was like super mario brothers, but instead of being mario you were a human with a geneticly modified creature that was like a pokemon - he is made of water and can change shape. The game is a mass of difficult puzzels with awesome graphics. Each puzzel has several solutions. It looked great. I wish I could find it.

- John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess this is a trailer for the same game. The trailer I saw was far more awesome. http://www.gametrailers.com/video/de...reature/703802

- John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bardia View Post
    I will second skyward sword but I'm not sure that you can play it on your PC. You should be able to play ocarina of time and majora's mask pretty easily on your PC though and they are both great games if you haven't played them before.
    You can play Skyward Sword (in HD!) on your computer with the Dolphin emulator and a Wiimote. It is totally worth it.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PistolShrimp View Post
    You can play Skyward Sword (in HD!) on your computer with the Dolphin emulator and a Wiimote. It is totally worth it.
    I knew the Dolphin could emulate wii games but I wasn't sure if it did it well and if the wii motion plus would work with it. My computer is too crappy so I've only played a few GC games on the dolphin. I'm curious how do you hook up the wii motion sensor bar and how does it all come together to work on the pc?

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bardia View Post
    I knew the Dolphin could emulate wii games but I wasn't sure if it did it well and if the wii motion plus would work with it. My computer is too crappy so I've only played a few GC games on the dolphin. I'm curious how do you hook up the wii motion sensor bar and how does it all come together to work on the pc?
    You just get a bluetooth USB dongle, plug it into your computer and then the Wiimote (motion+ and nunchuck too) connects through that. For the sensor bar, you just need a wireless one. The Wiimote itself is what works with the games, the sensor bar LED lights just basically calibrate it, so you don't need to hook the bar up to the computer- just have it on while playing. You could even use two candles

To get the game on your computer you can download a torrent of the ISO if you feel like being a pirate, or you can do what I did and get the Homebrew Channel on your Wii and rip the ISO from your game disc onto an SD card. I don't feel like explaining all that but you can check it out here if you're curious: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Channel I personally recommend the Smash Stack hack. It's worth the hassle to play games in HD if you do get a better computer sometime; the graphical difference is amazing.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by MisterNi View Post
    Try "The Longest Journey". It's a little over 10 years old, but I remember really enjoying it and it's a story driven game. It's also apparently being ported to the iPhone so you can play that way. I haven't played it, but Dreamfall is the sequel to The Longest Journey and is also supposed to be pretty good.
    watched some walkthroughs of that... looks like the entire thing is talking and more talking and then more talking not really what i'm looking for.

i've been thinking about trying prince of persia. that looks kind of tomb raiderish.

I wish there was something that had tomb raider like exploration and movement, but with rpg style stores or item and magic quantities/selection.
    Last edited by bg; 01-09-2012 at 10:07 PM.