Thread: LSI QUESTION

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default LSI QUESTION

"My friend has been cheating on their husband and she's coming to talk to me and we've been talking about her situation. What should I say to her? What should I do? Be supportive or I shouldn't be judmental of her?"

Any advice you can give?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who is an LSI? Her or the husband?
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Judging from the Alpha-version of it, she wants LSIs to reply.
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morcheeba View Post
    Who is an LSI? Her or the husband?
    i think the Q's hypothetical, she wants to see what a LSI would do in that situation, am i right?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I wanted to know what Ti would do in that situation.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I wanted to know what Ti would do in that situation.
    The answer would depend on the Ti-carrier's life experience.

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ekpyrosos View Post
    True, though perhaps many Ti-carriers have a similar response, or a similar way at looking at approaching the problem?
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what happened?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd tell the friend to talk to confess to her husband right away. It's better to work on the marriage or settle for divorce now than to drag the marriage in denial.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pat answers never work. it really depends on the situation and everyone involved. Are there kids? how long has the cheating been going on? Is your friend in love with the guy she's been cheating with? Does she want to save the marriage or leave the marriage? Ti would maybe try to look at things objectively? Try to figure out the right thing to do, given the facts? What would be most advantageous in the long run? I dunno... more information is needed. But a lot will depend on the values of the persons in question and their style of conflict resolution.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ClownsandEntropy View Post
    True, though perhaps many Ti-carriers have a similar response, or a similar way at looking at approaching the problem?
    Probably. Most of the LIIs I know would probably ask the husband why the wife wasn't chained to the kitchen stove, and then they'd launch into rambling Republican/Libertarian-tinged monologues on pre-1960s gender roles before muttering a bunch of shit about the Federal Reserve and gold and how "they" are trying to make us all slaves. Conversely, one LII I know of would suggest that since the wife had sexually rejected the husband he ought read that as a signal to join him in exploring the world of buggery.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by guy123 View Post
    I'd tell the friend to talk to confess to her husband right away. It's better to work on the marriage or settle for divorce now than to drag the marriage in denial.
    I'd say this would be the general best answer, and we can end the thread. Like redbaron mentioned, maybe there are other specifics to take into account. I'm just curious why Maritsa asked for an LSI's opinion on the matter... Why would you ask someone in an opposing quadra as you for life advice? I don't understand Maritsa sometimes...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed with what many of you said. After getting details about the situation, I would ask 'what do you want to accomplish?'

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    Why would you ask someone in an opposing quadra as you for life advice? I don't understand Maritsa sometimes...
    Firstly, why not solicit advice from any person provided they're regarded as knowledgeable, thoughtful, wise, experienced, sympathetic, or just simply present and able to lend an ear?

Firstly-and-a-halfly, it's ludicrous to assume that a person is unqualified to field questions on topics outside their stereotypical socionic competencies. LIIs have marital experiences, good and bad, just like anyone of other types, and so in a general sense there should be no problems attending the inquiry of their opinions in such matters. On the other hand I assume Krig to be someone of whom we can say, "He's saving himself for that special person". And so the problem isn't in asking LIIs how to solve a problem of marital infidelity (nor is it Krig's place to condemn all LIIS to a ghetto of total romantic ignorance and awkwardness; watch that false consensus bias and projection, bruh), it's in asking an individual who can't comfortably provide an answer because he's got little personal frame of reference.

Secondly, the socion fits neatly into a map of 4 zones called quadras, and Ti-valuing Beta (hint: where LSIs live) adjoins Ti-valuing Alpha. It's Te-valuing Gamma that sits kitty-corner to Ti-valuing Alpha. Give that map a look sometime. I suspect you may be lost.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

If you are basing something more on situational episodes than you are going by a process of perception rather than by judgment. I'm pretty sure. You essentially have to see it, to realize it or understand it, either by a product of sense perception or intuitive perception and your answer indicates just that. You can't consciously judge without the particular scenario or the instance of that moment. But, I'm asking for an analysis; what steps of thought one goes through not just the final answer.

per·ceive/pərˈsēv/
    Verb:
    Become aware or conscious of (something); come to realize or understand.
    Become aware of (something) by the use of one of the senses, esp. that of sight.

I, on the other hand, have built a concept and now am using that as a base to judge that against all other responses. I'm looking around to judge. Not in a mean way though.
    -

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are basing something more on situational episodes than you are going by a process of perception rather than by judgment. I'm pretty sure. You essentially have to see it, to realize it or understand it, either by a product of sense perception or intuitive perception and your answer indicates just that. You can't consciously judge without the particular scenario or the instance of that moment. But, I'm asking for an analysis; what steps of thought one goes through not just the final answer.
    Why then are you asking for a process if you mean a result, unless the description of the process is the result you seek?

I, on the other hand, have built a concept and now am using that as a base to judge that against all other responses. I'm looking around to judge. Not in a mean way though.
    And what is that concept constructed of, and where does its substance originate, and what imperatives formed its design?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Why then are you asking for a process if you mean a result, unless the description of the process is the result you seek?

And what is that concept constructed of, and where does its substance originate, and what imperatives formed its design?
    I want a process of thought from beginning to end and not a result. Let's see what type are you since you're getting the opposite of what I'm sayin...thinking.

The base of this concept is this particular scenerio; the question that has been posed.
    -

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want a process of thought from beginning to end and not a result. Let's see what type are you since you're getting the opposite of what I'm sayin...thinking.

The base of this concept is this particular scenerio; the question that has been posed.
    Alrighty then:

"My friend has been cheating on their husband and she's coming to talk to me and we've been talking about her situation. What should I say to her? What should I do? Be supportive or I shouldn't be judmental of her?"

Your use of the plural possessive "their" referring to the husband indicates the friend in question is one wife among a number >1, which means she's in a polygamous marriage. This then means that she lives in an islamic country. Since she is an adulterer within one of these nations her relatives are likely to stone or burn her to death when the violation of her marriage vows is discovered. That then being the case I would say to her...

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hah.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Immoderator View Post
    Alrighty then:

Your use of the plural possessive "their" referring to the husband indicates the friend in question is one wife among a number >1, which means she's in a polygamous marriage. This then means that she lives in an islamic country. Since she is an adulterer within one of these nations her relatives are likely to stone or burn her to death when the violation of her marriage vows is discovered. That then being the case I would say to her...
    ROFL
    -

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ROFL
    I provide exactly what you requested and this is my reward instead of the promised typing. Color me scandalized, you terrible minx.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I provide exactly what you requested and this is my reward instead of the promised typing. Color me scandalized, you terrible minx.
    I guess you're right. You're very picky about the words instead of the general meaning; "their" should have been her husband.
    -

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess you're right. You're very picky about the words instead of the general meaning; "their" should have been her husband.
    Your meaning was quite clear but as with all linguistic constructs the question you posed was open to manifold interpretations. Fairly soon I'm going to tell you about Joe. Your approach to socionics often evokes recollections of his 22nd birthday.