Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Translation Req. Paul Kuleshov's Type Descriptions

  1. #1
    Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Holy Temple of St. Augusta
    Posts
    3,693
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by EyeSeeCold; 02-12-2012 at 04:55 AM.
    (i)NTFS

    An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

    31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

    Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites


    Fidei Defensor

  2. #2
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,626
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    These descriptions are a disgrace. The author just coined a set of paragraphs, one for Ni base, Ni creative, Te base, Te creative etc. and stuck them together to create types. Completely ignoring the fact that a LSE's is often different from a LIE's - a fact which is valid for each accepting or creating functional pair.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  3. #3
    Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Holy Temple of St. Augusta
    Posts
    3,693
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    These descriptions are a disgrace. The author just coined a set of paragraphs, one for Ni base, Ni creative, Te base, Te creative etc. and stuck them together to create types. Completely ignoring the fact that a LSE's is often different from a LIE's - a fact which is valid for each accepting or creating functional pair.
    Yea I noticed that. I figured he became tired/lazy, haha.

    For a few types he does go into specifics.
    (i)NTFS

    An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

    31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

    Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites


    Fidei Defensor

  4. #4
    Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Holy Temple of St. Augusta
    Posts
    3,693
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    These descriptions are a disgrace. The author just coined a set of paragraphs, one for Ni base, Ni creative, Te base, Te creative etc. and stuck them together to create types. Completely ignoring the fact that a LSE's is often different from a LIE's - a fact which is valid for each accepting or creating functional pair.
    p.s. It's pretty unfair to call them a disgrace. The accuracy you get from the many other descriptions is pretty relative and it's not like perfect Socionics descriptions are the norm(and graceful). Even considering the point you brought up, focusing on that ignores what good the descriptions still contain.


    Eh, it doesn't really matter though. It's distracting from the thread's purpose(which is of a personal request).
    (i)NTFS

    An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

    31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

    Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites


    Fidei Defensor

  5. #5
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,626
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    They are indeed a disgrace. He's probably the author who put the least amount of work in them, out of all the socionists.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  6. #6
    Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Holy Temple of St. Augusta
    Posts
    3,693
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    They are indeed a disgrace. He's probably the author who put the least amount of work in them, out of all the socionists.
    Haha. Well he is a self-typed IP.

    Really though, what you said isn't enough to qualify them as such, and it's exaggerating.
    (i)NTFS

    An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

    31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

    Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites


    Fidei Defensor

  7. #7
    Korpsy Knievel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,234
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Fortunately this chap's lazy redundancy cuts the number of profiles to be translated by half.

  8. #8
    silke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Posts
    3,779
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    The CMS already contains 3-4 profiles for each type, many still need translation, so translating even more profiles is not going to be high on my priority list. Unless someone else wants to do it of course.

  9. #9
    Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Holy Temple of St. Augusta
    Posts
    3,693
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    The CMS already contains 3-4 profiles for each type, many still need translation, so translating even more profiles is not going to be high on my priority list. Unless someone else wants to do it of course.
    I understand that, this is just a personal request if anyone felt up to it. I pretty much got the gist of the profiles from machine translations, but a Russian contextual background would get rid of the nagging from the occasional gap in interpretive meaning/understanding, especially from the Balzac 2 profile which is really comprehensive.

    If anyone were thinking of ever doing these, Balzac 2 is easily the most important.
    Last edited by EyeSeeCold; 01-12-2012 at 07:21 PM.
    (i)NTFS

    An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

    31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

    Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites


    Fidei Defensor

  10. #10
    Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Holy Temple of St. Augusta
    Posts
    3,693
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I went through all of them and fine-tuned the machine translations. Though several words wouldn't process so if any of you who are willing and understand Russian could translate the rest that'd be great.

    The following need to be translated:
    [Issyak]
    [Prodrive]
    [netselostnostey]
    [urabatyvatsya]
    [nedouporyadochili]
    [zavershatelyami]
    [nesvoystven]
    [maskovidnoe]
    (i)NTFS

    An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

    31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

    Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites


    Fidei Defensor

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Posts
    449
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    These description are not great, especially because it completely dismiss the plus and minus aspect of each kindred pair first fuction. But it give some new view on type not on wikisocion.
    "The final delusion is the belief that one has lost all delusion."

    -- Maurice Chapelain

  12. #12
    Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Holy Temple of St. Augusta
    Posts
    3,693
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noid View Post
    These description are not great, especially because it completely dismiss the plus and minus aspect of each kindred pair first fuction. But it give some new view on type not on wikisocion.
    You say, the descriptions are not great, because they completely dismiss the plus and minus aspect.


    Well, that's not a good reason because I'm pretty sure almost all type descriptions don't focus on +/-. The only ready exception I can think of is Gulenko's.

    I think you meant something else though(?).
    Last edited by EyeSeeCold; 02-10-2012 at 05:57 AM.
    (i)NTFS

    An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

    31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

    Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites


    Fidei Defensor

  13. #13
    Slippery when wet Simon Ssmall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    ✈ ↺
    Posts
    2,231
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    You say, the descriptions are not great, because they completely dismiss the plus and minus aspect.


    Well, that's not a good reason because I'm pretty sure almost all type descriptions don't focus on +/-. The only ready exception I can think of is Gulenko's.

    I think you meant something else though(?).
    ESC do you identify with his ILI description?
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

    ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

    johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

  14. #14
    Korpsy Knievel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,234
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The much longer and more detailed Balzac 2 profile listed above is far superior in its likeness to me than the ILI profile that is part and parcel of the main set.

  15. #15
    silke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Posts
    3,779
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks for working on these profile translations ESC.

    translations for words you requested:
    [Issyak] - ran out (as in something ran out, was exhausted)
    [Prodrive] - need context (full sentence)
    [netselostnostey] - need context
    [urabatyvatsya] - need context
    [nedouporyadochili] - did not order sufficiently, did not put into order
    [zavershatelyami] - completers, finishers
    [nesvoystven] - not characteristic to/of
    [maskovidnoe] - mask-like, alike a mask

  16. #16
    Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Holy Temple of St. Augusta
    Posts
    3,693
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    Thanks for working on these profile translations ESC.

    translations for words you requested:
    [Prodrive] - need context (full sentence)
    [netselostnostey] - need context
    [urabatyvatsya] - need context
    Cool

    [urabatyvatsya] - Просто для самоуважения будут урабатываться до предела, но закончат всё, что начали.
    [netselostnostey] - Столь же ненасытны они в поисках негармоничностей, противоречий, нецелостностей.
    [Prodrive] - Много общаясь, представители этих типов выуживают из общественной среды текущие тенденции, в первых рядах продвигателей которых они очень хотят числиться (ведь этого требует БЛ ( ) на 3-ей функции).

    Extra:
    Отвлекать силы и время на его тщательную проработку некогда да и боязно – вдруг не хватит сил на саму работу!
    Из-за этого не замечают многих полутонов и прочих утончённостей, чем обижают представителей не столь "силовых" типов.
    Спасибо за перевод этих, высоко ценится!
    (i)NTFS

    An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

    31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

    Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites


    Fidei Defensor

  17. #17
    silke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Posts
    3,779
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    there it is:

    Просто для самоуважения будут урабатываться до предела, но закончат всё, что начали.
    Just out of sense of self-respect they will overwork themselves, however, they will finish everything that they have started.
    Столь же ненасытны они в поисках негармоничностей, противоречий, нецелостностей.
    They are equally insatiable in search of disharmony, contradiction, disunity.

    Много общаясь, представители этих типов выуживают из общественной среды текущие тенденции, в первых рядах продвигателей которых они очень хотят числиться (ведь этого требует БЛ ( ) на 3-ей функции).
    Being highly communicable, representatives of this type derive from social sphere developing trends, at the forefront of which they would like to exist (this is demanded by Te as the 3rd function).

    Отвлекать силы и время на его тщательную проработку некогда да и боязно – вдруг не хватит сил на саму работу!
    Из-за этого не замечают многих полутонов и прочих утончённостей, чем обижают представителей не столь "силовых" типов.
    To divert time and energy to its careful inspection is too time consuming and even scary - what if you won't have enough energy to do the main work! Because of this, they do not see many finer tones and with this manage to offend representatives of types that do not value power as highly.

  18. #18
    Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Holy Temple of St. Augusta
    Posts
    3,693
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    there it is:

    Просто для самоуважения будут урабатываться до предела, но закончат всё, что начали.
    Just out of sense of self-respect they will overwork themselves, however, they will finish everything that they have started.
    Столь же ненасытны они в поисках негармоничностей, противоречий, нецелостностей.
    They are equally insatiable in search of disharmony, contradiction, disunity.

    Много общаясь, представители этих типов выуживают из общественной среды текущие тенденции, в первых рядах продвигателей которых они очень хотят числиться (ведь этого требует БЛ ( ) на 3-ей функции).
    Being highly communicable, representatives of this type derive from social sphere developing trends, at the forefront of which they would like to exist (this is demanded by Te as the 3rd function).

    Отвлекать силы и время на его тщательную проработку некогда да и боязно – вдруг не хватит сил на саму работу!
    Из-за этого не замечают многих полутонов и прочих утончённостей, чем обижают представителей не столь "силовых" типов.
    To divert time and energy to its careful inspection is too time consuming and even scary - what if you won't have enough energy to do the main work! Because of this, they do not see many finer tones and with this manage to offend representatives of types that do not value power as highly.
    Great, gonna add them in now.
    (i)NTFS

    An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

    31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

    Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites


    Fidei Defensor

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •