View Poll Results: Which one?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • SLE

9 42.86%
  • SLI

12 57.14%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of me being Beta?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What do you think of me being Beta?

Is it much more likely than Delta? Why or why not? There was a time I considered LSI for utterly stupid reasons--mainly because I thought i belonged in beta but didn't think I was an extrovert so that left LSI. But it is not even a possibility. So I ask, what is your opinion? SLE or SLI and why?

in all fairness, i haven't had a type thread in about a year so i was overdue

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Is it much more likely than Delta? Why or why not? There was a time I considered LSI for utterly stupid reasons--mainly because I thought i belonged in beta but didn't think I was an extrovert so that left LSI. But it is not even a possibility. So I ask, what is your opinion? SLE or SLI and why?

in all fairness, i haven't had a type thread in about a year so i was overdue
    Neither. I don't get an SLI vibes from you like other SLIs such as Parkster. You have recently mentioned that you are a private individual, you don't like talking about yourself. This is also how I see you. Also, I never saw you write anything that points to Fe-mobilizing, so no reason to assume you are SLE. By no means certain, but I lean towards LSI or ESI, based on the aura of privacy that hangs around you.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

although what u mentioned recently in the HA thread about how appaled you are at people who get annoyed by gifts of food, sort of gave me a caregiver vibe? But i could be wrong... maybe it's a stretch...

I also dont get Fe-HA from your posts, but again, i guess posts are not everything.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think my obsessive love of food is type related. How is that type related? And I'm extremely dry and unfriendly seeming here for some reason and I think it's a lottt different IRL.

I'm not ESI lolz

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think my obsessive love of food is type related. How is that type related? And I'm extremely dry and unfriendly seeming here for some reason and I think it's a lottt different IRL.

I'm not ESI lolz
    That's not what i was getting at. My point is that you being offended that someone would refuse a gift of food sort of seemed caregivery. I wonder if other beta STs can weigh in on whether that would bother them? I mean, it bothered you enough to comment on it.

Also, i dont think u seem unfriendly. Dry yes. Not unfriendly. Sad and lonely maybe. But heck, who isnt...

Fe-HA is acting like an ass to make people laugh, the way i see it anyway.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The overall impression I have suggests Beta > Delta. And because this is also how you'd see yourself I belive it's fair to say that you are Beta. On the other handside, you do seem to be rather introverted.

Not much of a help, I know. Did you try Yaaroslaws reinin calulator? It's better than expected and can lead to interesting result. (You have to open it with Microsoft excel and enable macros.)
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never said it would offend me. I said who wouldn't want a gift of food. Sad and lonely? You always seem to say really harsh things without realizing it, goddamn.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    The overall impression I have suggests Beta > Delta. And because this is also how you'd see yourself I belive it's fair to say that you are Beta. On the other handside, you do seem to be rather introverted.

Not much of a help, I know. Did you try Yaaroslaws reinin calulator? It's better than expected and can lead to interesting result. (You have to open it with Microsoft excel and enable macros.)
    Ive been actually severely depressed for the majority of my life and I think that caused A LOT of the introverted tendencies. I'm actually getting better and feeling more alive than I've ever felt. I'm not implying that introverts are depressed, etc...but when you were as depressed as I was, you tend to isolate a lot and generally hate everyone and have no energy to accomplish much of anything. That veil seems to be lifting a little more, bit by bit and I feel more like my "true" self now than I ever have. Depression clouds a whole hell of a lot.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by derTrollerww View Post
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...about-yourself

You say you're boring and can't easily talk at random about yourself. Well, a vortical-synergist I doubt would have difficulty talking about himself randomly, and SLEs seem so full of themselves so I think you're LSI.
    It stems from not wanting to appear boring and feeling like I don't have much exciting life experiences. But ok I'm keeping my mind open about this

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing about me is rational...at all. Well I don't know what to say about myself, of anyone has a question that would help type me, can u just ask me flat out and I'll answer

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive been actually severely depressed for the majority of my life and I think that caused A LOT of the introverted tendencies. I'm actually getting better and feeling more alive than I've ever felt.
    I can remember one major depressed phase in my life when I was about 18. In this time I was simply lacking drive, I couldn't enjoy anything what I did. I dragged myself to school without seeing any sense in it and when I came home, I basically waited until I had to go back to school. But even if isolated myself from others, that is more or less what I always do, maybe a bit intensified in this phase. I mean, I was very introverted before and after this (fornatunately short) time. Today, people would still regard me as someone who avoids contact with others, but I've got a totally different mindset than I had back then. Thinking back, I'm glad that I've never experienced such a mood again. It's no question that isolation is a coping mechanism, but I guess once the depressions stop, your real nature would break through, whether you're introverted or extroverted.

I'm not implying that introverts are depressed, etc...but when you were as depressed as I was, you tend to isolate a lot and generally hate everyone and have no energy to accomplish much of anything.
    Yeah, I get what you mean.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm wary of saying much about the types of people I have never even met, but to me you don't really come off as Fi- or Ne- valuing.
    Last edited by willekeurig; 01-06-2012 at 02:23 PM.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never said it would offend me. I said who wouldn't want a gift of food. Sad and lonely? You always seem to say really harsh things without realizing it, goddamn.
    ok well thanks for the clarification. oh and sorry i offended, you're right i didn't mean to... i'd thought u'd described that about yourself in the past.

Sounds like you're overall pretty set on beta, so why the thread?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never understood why you would be Beta. Your perception and judgment style is a lot more similar to other Deltas on here, than perhaps you know or are giving yourself credit for? Maybe you should try researching a bit more about it.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    +1
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not what i was getting at. My point is that you being offended that someone would refuse a gift of food sort of seemed caregivery. I wonder if other beta STs can weigh in on whether that would bother them? I mean, it bothered you enough to comment on it.

Also, i dont think u seem unfriendly. Dry yes. Not unfriendly. Sad and lonely maybe. But heck, who isnt...

No.

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by derTrollerww View Post
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...about-yourself

You say you're boring and can't easily talk at random about yourself. Well, a vortical-synergist I doubt would have difficulty talking about himself randomly, and SLEs seem so full of themselves so I think you're LSI.
    No.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Horny View Post
    No.
    Never seen Jackass on MTV, I guess?

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Focus more on the functions and intertypes, not caricature descriptions. Thats when I accepted that I was an IEI who has no desire to write poetry. You're definitely beta, I get the impression you're a non rigid LSI .

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Never seen Jackass on MTV, I guess?
    Johnny Knoxville is not ESTp.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Johnny Knoxville is not ESTp.
    Who is Johnny Knoxville?

ETA Just googled him and he's not SLE indeed. But I wasn't talking about him.

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Who is Johnny Knoxville?

ETA Just googled him and he's not SLE indeed. But I wasn't talking about him.
    None of the people on Jackass are SLE, as far as I can tell.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

None of the people on Jackass are SLE, as far as I can tell.
    I just looked on wikipedia, but I can't find the name of the guy i have in mind. Two years ago I compiled a video from snippets of an episode, for the purpose of getting across the SLE type message (for a workshop). I wish I knew a way of uploading it somewhere without getting my fingers burned for copyright violations.

ETA: anyway, lets not derail the thread any further.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    Describe what you did today, maybe?

Also for my amusement, what's the best joke you've heard lately?
    I'm afraid I can't recall any jokes right now haha. As for what I did today, my life is pretty damn predictable these days. Well I woke up yesterday at 5am because I couldn't sleep because something regarding my ex has been bothering me for awhile so I cried like a little bitch about that for a good 3 hours to the point I didn't have any tears left and then proceeded to watch about 10 episodes of Finding Bigfoot (all the while attempting sleep which never came). Got out of bed at 6pm to get ready for work. At work I pulled some cargo for a cargo load then did nothing from about 9pm-8am. Chairforce is reallly in full effect. However, learned I'm going to be deploying to the desert soon in May which I have mixed feelings about mainly because I don't want to give up my kittens (the thought like seriously devastates me) but I'll be making a shit ton of money and will be debt free one I get back so that was good news. Been awake for nearly 28 hours and not even tired. Been having some issues with interpersonal relationships that seems to be effing me up a lot and giving me insomnia. That was my day.

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I've never understood why you would be Beta. Your perception and judgment style is a lot more similar to other Deltas on here, than perhaps you know or are giving yourself credit for? Maybe you should try researching a bit more about it.
    Is it? I can't see how I value Fi or Si at all for example. I appreciate some Si things, but I don't go out of my way for it and it's definitely not my leading function..it's not really anything I even give more than a second thought to. I've researched Delta TO DEATH and there's almost no way I can see me in any of it but I'm open to hearing peoples opinion on exactly why they think i'm delta...not just because I like food....seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Diam0nd View Post
    Focus more on the functions and intertypes, not caricature descriptions. Thats when I accepted that I was an IEI who has no desire to write poetry. You're definitely beta, I get the impression you're a non rigid LSI .
    Intertype relations help me a lot and I always feel like I have more in common with Betas (unless i'm typing them wrong too) than Deltas. I tend to feel very judged when around Delta folk. For example, I don't think WA meant it at all, but I always get that vibe from her. Like they're watching and waiting for me to say something "wrong". I can't take it. It makes me uncomfortable.

And ok,I'm willing to look into LSI further but do non-rigid LSI's really and truly exist? The only things I get rigid about are people a)invading my space and effing it up and b)people who try to control me. I've been called power-hungry and controlling before and I can honestly say I am very much that way in romantic relationships but only in romantic relationships and nowhere else. I'm pretty darn peaceful and laidback and chill for the most part even though I can turn that around in an instant if i feel like someone violates me. I just don't see how Ti > Se for me. I don't see it at all. Fi polr seems a lot more likely than Ne polr.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it? I can't see how I value Fi or Si at all for example. I appreciate some Si things, but I don't go out of my way for it and it's definitely not my leading function..it's not really anything I even give more than a second thought to.
    You value Fi pretty clearly to me. What makes you keep going against it time after time?

I've researched Delta TO DEATH and there's almost no way I can see me in any of it but I'm open to hearing peoples opinion on exactly why they think i'm delta...not just because I like food....seriously.
    Yeah, that's the tricky part, to explain this stuff coherently, but I think it can be done best by giving examples of the information elements in different people rather than just site vague elements.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You value Fi pretty clearly to me. What makes you keep going against it time after time?
    Do you have any examples on how?

Also, people keep putting me in delta but there has to be something to the fact I get along much better with Betas and that I find Beta NF's more appealing than Delta NF's.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you have any examples on how?
    Make a collage of jessica129 -oriented quotes hmm... this might be useful, I'll see what I can do. I don't want to just pick a few points and miss the clearer general picture, because it is really a general vibe you constantly give off that speaks Fi-valuing to me, which a kinda grain-of-salt essence-sifting showcase might help to grasp.

Also, people keep putting me in delta but there has to be something to the fact I get along much better with Betas and that I find Beta NF's more appealing than Delta NF's.
    Anyone I might know you find the most appealing, disregarding quadra? I only recall an ENFp guy you wanted us VI.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could be either but OTOH you could be something else all together. I remember one type thread about you where a bunch of people thought you were ILI. I don't know what type you are honestly but I wouldn't limit yourself to only a couple as you look at them.

Now I'll wait and see how much that suggestion annoys you or not.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make a collage of jessica129 -oriented quotes hmm... this might be useful, I'll see what I can do. I don't want to just pick a few points and miss the clearer general picture, because it is really a general vibe you constantly give off that speaks Fi-valuing to me, which a kinda grain-of-salt essence-sifting showcase might help to grasp.
    No, please please don't that's horrifying lol

uh they're really all people i know IRL

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, please please don't that's horrifying lol
    lol ok

So any reasons you wouldn't like us Delta NFs that much, as per being your alleged conflictor type? Sorry I haven't been keeping up much on this.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And ok,I'm willing to look into LSI further but do non-rigid LSI's really and truly exist?
    They truly do! I have an awesome, laid-back LSI friend, and my dad is also a LSI. He only gets rigid when people repeatedly disturb him when he's working and trying to think, and also sometimes when I'm forcing Ne down his throat if he makes stupid assumptions about my life. They're both really kind, humble and confident people.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

How on earth is any Delta typing (or for that matter any non-Beta typing) of you not only floating around, but holding with some large amount of traction?

You strike me as Beta as much as anyone here who's set hard and strong as Beta; as for temperaments, the J/P (and by consequence Static/Dynamic and Process/Result if that's like what you're into) thing is a better call than looking for E/I; far too often E/I gets intermingled with social extroversion, social introversion, and shyness in ways it shouldn't.

And yes, valuing as hell, you mesh great with people in Beta, that dude from Combichrist in your avatar, the discord with WA here; I've been for you as SLE for a good long while now, and I can't see anything else as being correct...
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    the discord with WA here
    aww u really thought that was discord?? me sad...

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you are more likely LSI or ESI, maybe SLE but you don't seem like one on the forum and describe yourself as an introvert. XSIs can be more relaxed than the sterotypes make it. Upon initially meeting me, people think I am very easy going and go with the flow. Once they get to know me better not as much lol. I could see Ne polr and devalued Fi. It's hard to say though since I haven't met you in person and you say you are very different in person (which I relate to since I think I am a lot more fun and jokey in person).
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bardia View Post
    I think you are more likely LSI or ESI, maybe SLE but you don't seem like one on the forum and describe yourself as an introvert. XSIs can be more relaxed than the sterotypes make it. Upon initially meeting me, people think I am very easy going and go with the flow. Once they get to know me better not as much lol. I could see Ne polr and devalued Fi. It's hard to say though since I haven't met you in person and you say you are very different in person (which I relate to since I think I am a lot more fun and jokey in person).
    I think ur pretty jokey online... i like your jokes!

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think ur pretty jokey online... i like your jokes!
    Good to know some people appreciate them haha
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Well, Jessica I'm inclined to think you're most likely SLE from what I've seen from you in chat and the kind of experiences you've had, however SLI is not out of the question and I'll leave it as a possibility. You could just be a very active and outgoing SLI. LSI just doesn't make sense to me though because you seem to be much more experimental and chaotic than an LSI would ever be. The thing is extraverts can appear like introverts if they are going through a tough time in their life. I've experienced that enough times for myself, so instead of thinking whether you're introverted or extroverted just look at what functions and quadra you can relate to the most.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Creepy-Snaps

Definitely not LSI. You don't have the causual-determinist style of logical thinking I see from LSIs. I could see SLI as a possibility, but something seems slightly off there as well. I've considered other possibilities for your type. What makes you always so confident that you're an ST?

Regardless of type, I get the feeling maybe you're going through a tough time in your life... exactly as Traveler suggested. This may cause you to appear very differently from your normal sociotype.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE-Ti, any 'caregiving' or 'SLI' resemblances can be explained away by her being SP first and people like WA not being able to tell the difference between that and Si.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always liked (and related to) Jessica for being brutally honest, in the sense of being one of the few people who call things on their name, even more so considering how sensitive to disapproval she is (compared to me, for instance). I don't find typical for a LSI to get so worked up about people like she does - I recall her criticizing all sort of stupid people in the army and so on in her past - let alone her poor inventory of euphemism that would make any Fi-PoLR jealous . And she is moody. And she's a honest attention-seeker, judging by the fact that a lot of the threads she started are self-centric.

SLE, that is, I have little doubt about it.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast