TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default What the functions are like to me

I talk about socionics too! Not just my gayness. LOOK I'LL PROVE IT!:

What the functions are like to me, a post by BulletsAndDoves.

Ni/Se:

This is like my core, my home and my heart. The Ni is what makes me be such an awesome writer, and the Se is what brings it all to life. Se is just like the 'showing part' of creative writing advice, how you should 'show not tell.' The Se is what makes other people relate to it, and it's just like exactly what I need for other people to understand me objectively. A little Se slides in the jigsaw puzzle of Truck's soul, and everything about me is aligned with everything else.

Fe/Ti:

I really crave Ti from others, and Fe is just like what makes me be happy emotionally. A bunch of Fe valuers and I feel like I fit in and that I belong. I crave understanding the world from a Ti perspective because a Te one I just will totally push it aside, of course.

Fi/Te:

I love my Gamma friends and everything (especially the ESFps), but Fi/Te always comes across as a condescending, narcissistic asshole. It's like when my gamma friends go on Te/Fi rants they morph into these cartoonish narcissitic monsters, and when they stop doing that and going back to 'Ni mode' they end up being my friends again. lol. I'm not trying to hurt anybody's feelings, I realize this perception is completely subjective and they're not really being assholes.

Ne/Si:

Ne is way too random. Dolphin was right, IEIs need consistency. Ni is like this pure romantic tunnel that leads you to an exalted state of the pure essence of one thing. Ne is just like BUNNY FARTS ON YOUR FACE HAHAHAHA and then they expect other people to be okay with that... Whereas my instinctive reactions when people act like that is to see them get hit with a truck, like Glory on that one episode. I can't help it, cuz I'm just not a Ne valuer. They also have this arrogant way of expecting everybody to just swallow the Ne and take it, especially ENTp males and it's just like omg go away!!! Si is more like 'Okay I get the point but who really cares?' It's boring me.

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting stuff! Funny, I was taking a long walk just a little earlier and when I do this, I sort of just go in my head while my body is on auto-pilot. I started thinking about the Ni/Se. Dunno if this makes sense:

Ni/Se (In context of time and space): It's like a three dimensional grid. The y axis is Ni and the x axis is Se. The y axis is vertical and the x axis is horizonatal. So it's like a building where the floor numbers are represented by Ni and the individual floor is Se. However, instead of being a building, it is time.
    The level marked as x is the present and all the notches below it are the past and the notches above it are the future. The present is Se where that single level becomes a vast expanse of the present: space, objects in space, and what is happening in that single slot of time.
    So Ni is sifting through all the different notches, moving vertically and Se is moving horizontally, investigating the ranges of both directions of movement. This way Ni compares the changes that occur between horizontal levels whether things remained the same between two levels or else things have changed. Se is just taking a single level and investigating what is there and interacting with what is there.
    Dorky visual fun time!

(sloppy visual)

(Forgive me if I mixed the axis up seeing as I'm a bit dyslexic, probably. =P )

And now I know who this mysterious Truck is.

I also attribute my narcissistic rants to me actually being relatively narcissistic. =P

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wookie View Post
    Interesting stuff! Funny, I was taking a long walk just a little earlier and when I do this, I sort of just go in my head while my body is on auto-pilot. I started thinking...
    Happens to me too, a lot actually.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did I ever tell you that as lovable as they are IEIs are generally full of shit?

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Did I ever tell you that as lovable as they are IEIs are generally full of shit?
    heh, about what?

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    Happens to me too, a lot actually.
    I think everyone does it when reflecting upon things and I generally spend time in my own thoughts when walking (that's the purpose of going on solitary walks...to reflect because I have trouble doing so unless listening to music, doing mindless chores, or doing something else mindless but has me preoccupied at the same time. I've done it when having severe writer's block and having deadlines. It's always worked quite well. But yeah, walking and reflecting and meditating...best ideas in those times). So if you are one prone towards reflection, that makes sense.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wookie View Post
    Interesting stuff! Funny, I was taking a long walk just a little earlier and when I do this, I sort of just go in my head while my body is on auto-pilot. I started thinking about the Ni/Se. Dunno if this makes sense:

Ni/Se (In context of time and space): It's like a three dimensional grid. The y axis is Ni and the x axis is Se. The y axis is vertical and the x axis is horizonatal. So it's like a building where the floor numbers are represented by Ni and the individual floor is Se. However, instead of being a building, it is time.
    The level marked as x is the present and all the notches below it are the past and the notches above it are the future. The present is Se where that single level becomes a vast expanse of the present: space, objects in space, and what is happening in that single slot of time.
    So Ni is sifting through all the different notches, moving vertically and Se is moving horizontally, investigating the ranges of both directions of movement. This way Ni compares the changes that occur between horizontal levels whether things remained the same between two levels or else things have changed. Se is just taking a single level and investigating what is there and interacting with what is there.
    Dorky visual fun time!

(sloppy visual)

(Forgive me if I mixed the axis up seeing as I'm a bit dyslexic, probably. =P )

And now I know who this mysterious Truck is.

I also attribute my narcissistic rants to me actually being relatively narcissistic. =P
    Excellent that's almost precisely how I thought of it; I had the Se snapshots as occupying a point in time, with the Ni holding it together; I didn't have Ni as strictly vertical and Se strictly as a plane, but I like that lots; they not only co-exist without interference, but hold each other together...
    Last edited by woofwoofl; 01-02-2012 at 06:56 AM. Reason: needed to insert an "almost" for accuracy
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So Ni is sifting through all the different notches, moving vertically and Se is moving horizontally, investigating the ranges of both directions of movement.
    Yes this also makes sense because Ni is about Ideals and Se is about physical reality. Reality is just reality... so it moves east/west, left/right. Ideals are about ascending or descending somewhere emotionally, so they are Up/Down, North/South.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Why be so negative? Hes just relating his impressions.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Fi/Te always comes across as a condescending, narcissistic asshole. It's like when my gamma friends go on Te/Fi rants they morph into these cartoonish narcissitic monsters
    Wow, this is interesting. I could use the exact same words to describe how I perceive Se/Ni.

I wonder if this what other types feel about their polr and its "pair function" too. I guess any function can be seen as condescending and narcissistic. I'll try to make a list:

Si for being lazy and too focused on one's own pleasure
    Ne for.. questioning people too much? Idk if being arbitrary can be seen as narcissistic, tho
    Ti for being cold and pedant
    Fe for being pushy and unreliable/fake
    Fi for ignoring the big picture and being focused on personal feelings and likes/dislikes
    Te for being too focused on efficiency and ignoring the (psychological?) harm it may cause to people
    Se for playing power games with people, being aggressive and too confrontational
    Ni for being too narrow-minded and not truly respecting alternative viewpoints

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    Maybe easily distracted and unfocused, aimless, derailing.
    Only in the present and short term, I think is easily distracted, hedonistic, sometimes crippling on very long term objectives.

I think generally NF's are more scattered then NT's as well, due to the concrete and strict nature of logic vs ethics.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si - comfort
    Se - force, territory
    Ni - foresight
    Ne - possibility
    Ti - knowledge
    Te - work, profit
    Fi - relationships, manners
    Fe - emotions

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe easily distracted and unfocused, aimless, derailing.
    Oh, those are better terms! I still don't know if it could be seen as condescending/narcissistic tho.. annoying and useless are the worst terms I can think of just now

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

FTR I don't really feel that way about Ne-bases, it's just the sort of thing my LSI friend complains about. And it's usually not a criticism of an individual, but criticism of that mode of thinking/expression.
    I think types are like pushing something in a direction, while bases are pulling a lot of different things in a direction. Which can appear like the type is grasping at things, while the type might appear like they've got the nose too close to the wall.