Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 109

Thread: Abortion debate (split from "US presidential race" thread)

  1. #1
    Seriously Judicious Emotivist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    2,520
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Abortion debate (split from "US presidential race" thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    Oh well pro-choice is a litmus test for me, and that's one of the reasons I'll vote for him again. Without total control over my body, every other civil right is a moot point.
    Oh, I am not talking about your body. You don't seem weak or helpless to me. I was talking about the unborn, and any unborn child that you or any woman has, because that child is a completely different body than yours.

    Its that body that needs us, the strong, to protect it. Particularly we who are not in crisis pregnancies, particularly those who know EXACTLY what they are doing, like those in that profitable abortion industry doing the hellish deed. That industry so willing to exploit for profit those who are in crisis pregnancies. That industry that, for profit, are willing to put these women-in-crisis's future mental and physical health at grave risk.*** However, their future problems will keep another industry buzzing, and that's the pharmaceutical industry. So for them, its all good.

    Yes, I am in love with that word, "Choice", too. It is so basic to all of us, its how God designed us. However, in this case that fine word is used propagate heinous lies.

    We know that unborn babies have a will and a choice, too. If you ever saw "Silent Scream" and watched that little baby, just some weeks from conception, fight for his life and silently scream as his limbs were torn apart, one by one, in the womb, by the doctor following every-day protocol, just before the doctor crushed his little head, then you realize there is no way in the world to question what any baby's choice is...

    ________________
    ***how many woman now suffering or dying with breast cancer would like to have been told by their abortion provider - who had access to this information, but it politically incorrect to tell it to the woman in crisis - that their risk of future breast cancer would sky-rocket if they had this abortion - particularly the younger they were when they had the abortion. Also the later lifetime mental health issues that are clearly and unquestionably documented - but that's a secret too. And add birth control pills or shots or patches to the abortions and you have really high future breast cancer rates. Oh, that's right, we have "pink ribbons!" everywhere now, now that we are some years out from the infamous Roe v.Wade... but the media will never share the obvious connection between the cancer and the abortions and artificial birth control. To do so would put your career in jeopardy - it would be blacklisting oneself.

    So what do these pro-choice pundits care about? The woman-in-crisis? Or their pet causes and the industries that profit and support their salaries?

  2. #2
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    ________________
    ***how many woman now suffering or dying with breast cancer would like to have been told by their abortion provider - who had access to this information, but it politically incorrect to tell it to the woman in crisis - that their risk of future breast cancer would sky-rocket if they had this abortion - particularly the younger they were when they had the abortion. Also the later lifetime mental health issues that are clearly and unquestionably documented - but that's a secret too. And add birth control pills or shots or patches to the abortions and you have really high future breast cancer rates. Oh, that's right, we have "pink ribbons!" everywhere now, now that we are some years out from the infamous Roe v.Wade... but the media will never share the obvious connection between the cancer and the abortions and artificial birth control. To do so would put your career in jeopardy - it would be blacklisting oneself.

    So what do these pro-choice pundits care about? The woman-in-crisis? Or their pet causes and the industries that profit and support their salaries?
    The U.S. National Cancer Institute, the American Cancer Society, and the World Health Organization, among other reputable research institutions and organization, have done extensive studies on the link between abortion and breast cancer and reached the consensus that there is no causal link. I respect pro-life views, but this is baseless fear mongering.
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  3. #3
    The Troll Slayer Hitta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In your mom's uterus
    Posts
    4,009
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Oh, I am not talking about your body. You don't seem weak or helpless to me. I was talking about the unborn, and any unborn child that you or any woman has, because that child is a completely different body than yours.

    Its that body that needs us, the strong, to protect it. Particularly we who are not in crisis pregnancies, particularly those who know EXACTLY what they are doing, like those in that profitable abortion industry doing the hellish deed. That industry so willing to exploit for profit those who are in crisis pregnancies. That industry that, for profit, are willing to put these women-in-crisis's future mental and physical health at grave risk.*** However, their future problems will keep another industry buzzing, and that's the pharmaceutical industry. So for them, its all good.

    Yes, I am in love with that word, "Choice", too. It is so basic to all of us, its how God designed us. However, in this case that fine word is used propagate heinous lies.

    We know that unborn babies have a will and a choice, too. If you ever saw "Silent Scream" and watched that little baby, just some weeks from conception, fight for his life and silently scream as his limbs were torn apart, one by one, in the womb, by the doctor following every-day protocol, just before the doctor crushed his little head, then you realize there is no way in the world to question what any baby's choice is...

    ________________
    ***how many woman now suffering or dying with breast cancer would like to have been told by their abortion provider - who had access to this information, but it politically incorrect to tell it to the woman in crisis - that their risk of future breast cancer would sky-rocket if they had this abortion - particularly the younger they were when they had the abortion. Also the later lifetime mental health issues that are clearly and unquestionably documented - but that's a secret too. And add birth control pills or shots or patches to the abortions and you have really high future breast cancer rates. Oh, that's right, we have "pink ribbons!" everywhere now, now that we are some years out from the infamous Roe v.Wade... but the media will never share the obvious connection between the cancer and the abortions and artificial birth control. To do so would put your career in jeopardy - it would be blacklisting oneself.

    So what do these pro-choice pundits care about? The woman-in-crisis? Or their pet causes and the industries that profit and support their salaries?
    Maybe 200 years in the future when we develop star trek like transportation technology, we can remove the embryos without touching them so that they can live all on there own without being interfered with. Then maybe abortion will be ok .
    Model X Will Save Us!

    *randomwarelinkremoved

    jessica129:scrotums r hot

    :" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

  4. #4
    The Troll Slayer Hitta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In your mom's uterus
    Posts
    4,009
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Beam Me Up, Scotty!

    Model X Will Save Us!

    *randomwarelinkremoved

    jessica129:scrotums r hot

    :" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

  5. #5
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So long as my body is required for any other body's survival, the other body has to have my permission to survive. Sorry, but that's how it works.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  6. #6
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  7. #7
    The Troll Slayer Hitta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In your mom's uterus
    Posts
    4,009
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    You know... its kind of funny how perfectly embryos fit a into the parasite classification.
    Model X Will Save Us!

    *randomwarelinkremoved

    jessica129:scrotums r hot

    :" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

  8. #8
    High Priestess glam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,388
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    god abortion is such an uncomfortable topic. i am pro-choice, but i'm not sure i myself could easily get one because i'm certain it would tear me up emotionally. (not that i would want to carry the child of my hypothetical rapist or something, but it would still be hard.) even though i'm not going to tell another how to live their life, i wonder if some women treat the issue too flippantly, i.e. i have heard of some women having multiple abortions in their life because of multiple unwanted pregnancies (due to their lack of properly using contraceptives). that kind of thing just seems irresponsible to me.

  9. #9
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,728
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    So long as my body is required for any other body's survival, the other body has to have my permission to survive. Sorry, but that's how it works.
    And you call yourself an ethical type.

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  10. #10
    boom boom boom blackburry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    TIM
    ESI-Se 6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,269
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Oh, I am not talking about your body. You don't seem weak or helpless to me. I was talking about the unborn, and any unborn child that you or any woman has, because that child is a completely different body than yours.

    Its that body that needs us, the strong, to protect it. Particularly we who are not in crisis pregnancies, particularly those who know EXACTLY what they are doing, like those in that profitable abortion industry doing the hellish deed. That industry so willing to exploit for profit those who are in crisis pregnancies. That industry that, for profit, are willing to put these women-in-crisis's future mental and physical health at grave risk.*** However, their future problems will keep another industry buzzing, and that's the pharmaceutical industry. So for them, its all good.

    Yes, I am in love with that word, "Choice", too. It is so basic to all of us, its how God designed us. However, in this case that fine word is used propagate heinous lies.

    We know that unborn babies have a will and a choice, too. If you ever saw "Silent Scream" and watched that little baby, just some weeks from conception, fight for his life and silently scream as his limbs were torn apart, one by one, in the womb, by the doctor following every-day protocol, just before the doctor crushed his little head, then you realize there is no way in the world to question what any baby's choice is...

    ________________
    ***how many woman now suffering or dying with breast cancer would like to have been told by their abortion provider - who had access to this information, but it politically incorrect to tell it to the woman in crisis - that their risk of future breast cancer would sky-rocket if they had this abortion - particularly the younger they were when they had the abortion. Also the later lifetime mental health issues that are clearly and unquestionably documented - but that's a secret too. And add birth control pills or shots or patches to the abortions and you have really high future breast cancer rates. Oh, that's right, we have "pink ribbons!" everywhere now, now that we are some years out from the infamous Roe v.Wade... but the media will never share the obvious connection between the cancer and the abortions and artificial birth control. To do so would put your career in jeopardy - it would be blacklisting oneself.

    So what do these pro-choice pundits care about? The woman-in-crisis? Or their pet causes and the industries that profit and support their salaries?
    There are no correlations between abortions and breast cancer. Your whole innuendo disgusts me. It is illegal for women to get an abortion past a certain point--and then only to be done for medical reasons I agree with Slacker.
    I'd rather those "irresponsible" women have abortions than 5+ unwanted kids that live lives in poverty. Why, are YOU going to adopt them all Eliza? Shut the fuck up already.
    Last edited by blackburry; 12-31-2011 at 11:24 PM.

  11. #11
    boom boom boom blackburry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    TIM
    ESI-Se 6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,269
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    And you call yourself an ethical type.
    It's a personal opinion, you have one, so do others.

  12. #12
    Trevor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,860
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    btw..since we're at it...have you ever had an abortion, @Slacker??

  13. #13
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No, but then I've never had an unwanted pregnancy. Two pregnancies, two babies.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  14. #14
    The Troll Slayer Hitta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In your mom's uterus
    Posts
    4,009
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    There are no correlations between abortions and breast cancer. You kind of disgust me honestly. I agree with Slacker.
    I'd rather those "irresponsible" women have abortions than 5+ unwanted kids that live lives in poverty. Why, are YOU going to adopt them all Eliza? Shut the fuck up already.
    I find your personality to be rather funny and yet intriguing at the same time. You have this really moody intolerant persona, but it's almost as if you want to kind of lose that and open up, so you are constantly looking for something to feel secure, some perfect happiness, yet it always has alluded you... and over time you have found nothing but disappointment , constantly blaming the world for being a unjust, impure place; like you always see the end and how everything inevitably dies.
    Model X Will Save Us!

    *randomwarelinkremoved

    jessica129:scrotums r hot

    :" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

  15. #15
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    To be fair, when someone is wanting to be pregnant and miscarries, that person definitely mourns. But people who don't want to be pregnant and miscarry don't necessarily. I think it's very individual. I have never miscarried either so I base this on friends who have miscarried. They have mourned for sure.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  16. #16
    The Troll Slayer Hitta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In your mom's uterus
    Posts
    4,009
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Model X Will Save Us!

    *randomwarelinkremoved

    jessica129:scrotums r hot

    :" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

  17. #17
    High Priestess glam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,388
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    I'd rather those "irresponsible" women have abortions than 5+ unwanted kids that live lives in poverty.
    what you would rather have is irrelevant, it's up to the woman in question to decide for herself. that is what being pro-choice is about, a woman having the right to end her pregnancy if she so wishes (she may not wish to). if you say things like this you aren't really being pro-choice.

    also i don't consider getting an abortion in itself to be irresponsible; what i consider irresponsible is a woman who has the knowledge and the means to avoid getting pregnant not utilizing those means (of course accidents happen regardless).

    this is why this topic is so ugly to me. it's like on one side you have some people pushing for women to get abortions as if it's some kind of easy decision to make, and on the other side you have those who are staunchly anti-abortion no matter what the effects may be to the mother, child, and any others involved. ughhhhhh

  18. #18
    The Troll Slayer Hitta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In your mom's uterus
    Posts
    4,009
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    what you would rather have is irrelevant, it's up to the woman in question to decide for herself. that is what being pro-choice is about, a woman having the right to end her pregnancy if she so wishes (she may not wish to). if you say things like this you aren't really being pro-choice.

    also i don't consider getting an abortion in itself to be irresponsible; what i consider irresponsible is a woman who has the knowledge and the means to avoid getting pregnant not utilizing those means (of course accidents happen regardless).

    this is why this topic is so ugly to me. it's like on one side you have some people pushing for women to get abortions as if it's some kind of easy decision to make, and on the other side you have those who are staunchly anti-abortion no matter what the effects may be to the mother, child, and any others involved. ughhhhhh
    I love how you try so hard to stay neutral, it's kind of cute.
    Model X Will Save Us!

    *randomwarelinkremoved

    jessica129:scrotums r hot

    :" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

  19. #19
    High Priestess glam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,388
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    lol, those are my honest feelings on the issue though...

  20. #20
    The Troll Slayer Hitta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In your mom's uterus
    Posts
    4,009
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    lol, those are my honest feelings on the issue though...
    Lol, I agree with your position. It is just cute watching how you want to remain open to everything and be all accepting. You have a very sort of, un-restrictive mentality where you kind of try to remain open to everything and stay neutral.
    Model X Will Save Us!

    *randomwarelinkremoved

    jessica129:scrotums r hot

    :" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

  21. #21
    boom boom boom blackburry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    TIM
    ESI-Se 6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,269
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    what you would rather have is irrelevant, it's up to the woman in question to decide for herself. that is what being pro-choice is about, a woman having the right to end her pregnancy if she so wishes (she may not wish to). if you say things like this you aren't really being pro-choice.

    also i don't consider getting an abortion in itself to be irresponsible; what i consider irresponsible is a woman who has the knowledge and the means to avoid getting pregnant not utilizing those means (of course accidents happen regardless).

    this is why this topic is so ugly to me. it's like on one side you have some people pushing for women to get abortions as if it's some kind of easy decision to make, and on the other side you have those who are staunchly anti-abortion no matter what the effects may be to the mother, child, and any others involved. ughhhhhh
    I phrased loosely when I stated "I'd rather"..I was arguing a point that abortion is an individual choice and can be a better choice for some women than continuing on with a pregnancy. My opinion has nothing to do with anything other than I would hope that abortion would continue to be legal. la de da.

    and @ hitta, moody intolerant persona, lol, guess you're right, sorta. *HUGS* ****!!*!*!*!*!!**!oLJASLDFJASILFJ*!!!

  22. #22
    Creepy-male

    Default

    On abortion, tbh at first glance before I even knew abortion was a big political issue, I really didn't care if people had abortions, even to this day I still find it a little silly that people are sitting around angry and upset about the fact their are people out there getting abortions. I mean wtf, there a bigger problems to worry about... its very odd, always has been to me to be completely honest.

  23. #23
    Seriously Judicious Emotivist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    2,520
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So you have NO LOGICAL point so you have to swear at me? I am not impressed.

    Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    There are no correlations between abortions and breast cancer. Your whole innuendo disgusts me. It is illegal for women to get an abortion past a certain point--and then only to be done for medical reasons I agree with Slacker.
    I'd rather those "irresponsible" women have abortions than 5+ unwanted kids that live lives in poverty. Why, are YOU going to adopt them all Eliza? ...
    Thanks in part to abortion, which contributes to infertility, as does other lifestyles choices that go hand-in-hand with abortion, there are many heartbroken infertile couple eager to adopt today. But we abort our babies so quickly, there just aren't enough to fill the great demand, so we go oversees to adopt, at great cost.

    Can you supply some research t support your emotional conclusion that there is no connection between abortion and breast cancer? No, you can't. Because there is none. The connection is clear. Google it if you want hard facts. The facts are everywhere EXCEPT by those for whom Abortion is big, big profitable business, for example Planned Parenthood!

    If you want the facts filtered through my brain -- which is probably not good enough for you thinking types, so if that's the case LOOK IT UP YOURSELF; I am no encyclopedia -- it is that the cells in the breasts change as soon as conception, because the whole body changes to prepare for baby, and when one aborts the pregnancy, this is not natural, nor it is natural to open the cervix from the outside, its been designed to be opened from the inside, at birth, which is part of the reason for the cervical cancer connection, but that it not nearly so strong as the abortion/ breast cancer connection, which is so well-researched it is unquestionable, and it has been long known by the medical community. But if you know anyone who has been through abortion, as I do, and probably we all do, they were certainly not told this piece of information very pertinent to them. Now is that fair? Is this right? No. But if works fine for Planned Parenthood and ilk; it protects their business, because profit is the ENTIRE motive and reason for existence!

  24. #24
    Seriously Judicious Emotivist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    2,520
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Meh. Social conservatives fixated on abortion issues ruin everything.
    Well, social conservative, Catholics, Christians, other religious, people who have been encouraged to have abortions when in crisis and are now sorry, wishing they had been better informed -- there is lots of us for all kinds of reasons and we vote..

    So, we exist, and someone will throw us a bone. The right to choose to kill a baby's body is the coveted issue of the day, though, so it won't be much of a bone...
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 01-01-2012 at 12:53 AM.

  25. #25
    The Troll Slayer Hitta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In your mom's uterus
    Posts
    4,009
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    So you have NO LOGICAL point so you have to swear at me? I am not impressed.



    Thanks in part to abortion, which contributes to infertility, as does other lifestyles choices that go hand-in-hand with abortion, there are many heartbroken infertile couple eager to adopt today. But we abort our babies so quickly, there just aren't enough to fill the great demand, so we go oversees to adopt, at great cost.

    Can you supply some research t support your emotional conclusion that there is no connection between abortion and breast cancer? No, you can't. Because there is none. The connection is clear. Google it if you want hard facts. The facts are everywhere EXCEPT by those for whom Abortion is big, big profitable business, for example Planned Parenthood!

    If you want the facts filtered through my brain -- which is probably not good enough for you thinking types, so if that's the case LOOK IT UP YOURSELF; I am no encyclopedia -- it is that the cells in the breasts change as soon as conception, because the whole body changes to prepare for baby, and when one aborts the pregnancy, this is not natural, nor it is natural to open the cervix from the outside, its been designed to be opened from the inside, at birth, which is part of the reason for the cervical cancer connection, but that it not nearly so strong as the abortion/ breast cancer connection, which is so well-researched it is unquestionable, and it has been long known by the medical community. But if you know anyone who has been through abortion, as I do, and probably we all do, they were certainly not told this piece of information very pertinent to them. Now is that fair? Is this right? No. But if works fine for Planned Parenthood and ilk; it protects their business, because profit is the ENTIRE motive and reason for existence!
    Who cares if it's natural? When you have congestive heart failure and they want to do a quadruple bypass that saves your life, are you gonna care whether or not if it's natural?
    Model X Will Save Us!

    *randomwarelinkremoved

    jessica129:scrotums r hot

    :" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

  26. #26
    The Troll Slayer Hitta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In your mom's uterus
    Posts
    4,009
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Well, social conservative, Catholics, Christians, other religious, people who have been encouraged to have abortions when in crisis and are now sorry, wishing they had been better informed -- there is lots of us for all kinds of reasons and we vote..

    So, we exist, and someone will throw us a bone. The right to choose to kill a babies body is the coveted issue of the day, though, so it won't be much of a bone...
    You sure they don't regret it because they have millions of christian lunatics telling them they are bad people?
    Model X Will Save Us!

    *randomwarelinkremoved

    jessica129:scrotums r hot

    :" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

  27. #27
    boom boom boom blackburry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    TIM
    ESI-Se 6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,269
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    lol, you read that in your church print-out?
    whatever dude, believe what you want, agree to disagree.
    Actually not many americans actually want to adopt americans...look it up, I'm not your encyclopedia. Check out the number of kids in foster care in the country, or better yet, in your area. I just did mine and they are begging people to become foster parents. wanna know what else isn't natural that we do to our bodies? everything these days causes cancer mylady, sorry to say, but most of the shit we put into our bodies (unless you're a vegan, which, then..this doesn't apply to you), has been said to be wholly unnatural and cause cancer, once again, look it up. , mk.

  28. #28
    Crispy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,099
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    http://www.cancer.org/Cancer/BreastC...-breast-cancer
    Conclusion:...
    ... At this time, the scientific evidence does not support the notion that abortion of any kind raises the risk of breast cancer or any other type of cancer.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

  29. #29
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    The U.S. National Cancer Institute, the American Cancer Society, and the World Health Organization, among other reputable research institutions and organization, have done extensive studies on the link between abortion and breast cancer and reached the consensus that there is no causal link. I respect pro-life views, but this is baseless fear mongering.
    Quoted for emphasis.
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  30. #30
    Seriously Judicious Emotivist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    2,520
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    To be fair, when someone is wanting to be pregnant and miscarries, that person definitely mourns. But people who don't want to be pregnant and miscarry don't necessarily. I think it's very individual. I have never miscarried either so I base this on friends who have miscarried. They have mourned for sure.
    Yes, its so true, they mourn. Its also true that those who have had abortions often mourn, particularly much after the fact, particularly when they have their next babies and bring them to term. They hold their babies and they remember their first baby whom they did not hold. They wonder how he or she looked, as their baby grows they wonder how their other baby looked at this age. They do not forget. They can never on earth see this child, like one that would have been placed in a loving family. They remember always their other baby/babies they once carried in their body, bone of their bone, flesh of their flesh.

    I know those who mourn. Its a very, very private matter of the heart. Its only two I know, both I was close to, close enough that they choose to share this secret loss with me, for their own different reasons.

    One, younger, and this friend has repeated this regret to me somewhat often since she first shared it after her children were born. There was two, with the same father of the two she has. And one miscarriage. So more in heaven than on earth. It surprises me sometimes, because she knows God's forgiveness and mercy, I remind her how scarcely culpable she was in this crisis situation - a real crisis with no good advice and no one to support her in her need, but she focuses on what she wishes she had done, and on that small, small part of her that knew it was wrong and went ahead anyway. She is going to take part in a Rachel's Vineyard program someday, which brings a lot of healing to woman who want to heal this particular suffering.

    The other friend was very very old. Close to our family, an old person I was close to and loved much, over much time. Since childhood. She was a Mom to me where my broken Mom was not able to be. I often think that her sympathy and validation towards me from a young age, consistent over time, saved me real psychological trouble. She was near death when she surprised me and blurted out her deep dark secret to me, which had plagued her her entire life. I could see it was a great relief for her to share it. And she confirmed what studies with reasonable validity ratings prove: if one has had an abortion, the chances of being taken as an inpatient for mental issues sometime in your life sky rockets. And this had happened to her in her life.

    If only hers and others' mourning for their aborted child was not so politically incorrect, she could have sought healing earlier in life. But instead, for most, its a terrible secret they never share.

    And fathers mourn, too. Usually, also, much after the fact, often while they are loving their born children, or regretting they have no children to love. And certainly at first, for the mother, there is relief for a big problem so quickly solved. Regret comes later. And it lasts, years.

    Yes, so this is a reality, and oh, Planned Parenthood has nothing to offer these woman. It would contradict the prime product of their highly profitable business!

  31. #31
    The Troll Slayer Hitta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In your mom's uterus
    Posts
    4,009
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Yes, its so true, they mourn. Its also true that those who have had abortions often mourn, particularly much after the fact, particularly when they have their next babies and bring them to term. They hold their babies and they remember their first baby whom they did not hold. They wonder how he or she looked, as their baby grows they wonder how their other baby looked at this age. They do not forget. They can never on earth see this child, like one that would have been placed in a loving family. They remember always their other baby/babies they once carried in their body, bone of their bone, flesh of their flesh.

    I know those who mourn. Its a very, very private matter of the heart. Its only two I know, both I was close to, close enough that they choose to share this secret loss with me, for their own different reasons.

    One, younger, and this friend has repeated this regret to me somewhat often since she first shared it after her children were born. There was two, with the same father of the two she has. And one miscarriage. So more in heaven than on earth. It surprises me sometimes, because she knows God's forgiveness and mercy, I remind her how scarcely culpable she was in this crisis situation -0 a real crisis wiht no good advice and no one to support her in her need, but she focuses on what she wishes she had done, and on that small, small part of her that knew it was wrong and went ahead anyway. She is going to take part in a Rachel's Vineyard program someday, which brings a lot of healing to woman who want to heal this particular suffering.

    The other friend was very old. Close to our family, an old person I was close to and loved much, over much time. Since childhood. She was a Mom to me where my broken Mom was not able to be. I often think that her sympathy and validation towards me from a young age, consistent over time, saved me psychological trouble. She was near death when she surprised me and blurted out her deep dark secret to me, which had plagued her her entire life. I could see it was a great relief for her to share it. And she confirmed what studies with reasonable validity ratings prove: if one has had an abortion, the chances of being taken as an inpatient for mental issues sometime in your life sky rockets. And this had happened to her in her life.

    If only hers and others' mourning for their aborted child was not so politically incorrect, she could have sought healing earlier in life. But instead, for most, its a terrible secret they never share.

    And fathers mourn, too. Usually, also, much after the fact, often while they are loving their born children, or regretting they have no children to love. And certainly at first, for the mother, there is relief for a big problem so quickly solved. Regret comes later. And it lasts, years.

    Yes, so this is a reality, and oh, Planned Parenthood has nothing to offer these woman. It would contradict the prime product of their highly profitable business!
    Seriously why do you have to keep pulling up these eccentric reasons for have babies, why can't you just accept the fact that it's a very controversial issue and quit pretending like you have some answer that nobody else does. The next thing you'll be telling us is that all women should want to experience childbirth because vaginal tearing makes you feel like you are one with your feminine nature.
    Model X Will Save Us!

    *randomwarelinkremoved

    jessica129:scrotums r hot

    :" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

  32. #32
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have known people who have had abortions and mourned it, but most people I've known who have had abortions have felt relief and been glad they did. I'm guessing women who are glad they had abortions wouldn't talk to you about it, though, out of fear of judgment.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  33. #33
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    I have known people who have had abortions and mourned it, but most people I've known who have had abortions have felt relief and been glad they did. I'm guessing women who are glad they had abortions wouldn't talk to you about it, though, out of fear of judgment.
    Pro-life is really pro coat hangers in unsanitary conditions. Pro-choice gives a woman the right to control their own body. Abortion rates haven't gone up, Making it illegal will likely not make it go down. it's not a decision anyone takes lightly. Also a safe and sanitary abortion gives a woman a much higher chance of survival and to have kids in the future. Think of all the women and unborn children coat hangers will kill if abortion was illegal.

  34. #34

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    US
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Posts
    733
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hitta View Post
    You sure they don't regret it because they have millions of christian lunatics telling them they are bad people?
    : thumbsup:
    Exactly lol.

    @Eliza T
    http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/f...on-miscarriage

    Actually, when you google "breast cancer abortion", only three of those sites support your claims, the other six do not.

    Some of the sites that do not support it:
    Cancer.gov
    Cancer.org
    Wikipedia


    Compare those to the sites that do support it:
    Abortionbreastcancer.com (nice name?) - I doubt the credibility of this site.
    Stopabc.com - this site did not load so I have no comment


    Also I didn't see blackburry swearing at you, she said she is disgusted by you. Also you accused her of not bringing up any logical points which isn't even true. She did make logical points, she just didn't explain them.

    I think it's kind of funny that you say she is the one making an emotional conclusion without looking at the facts. Sounds more like you, honestly.

    Can you supply some research t support your emotional conclusion that there is no connection between abortion and breast cancer? No, you can't. Because there is none. The connection is clear. Google it if you want hard facts. The facts are everywhere EXCEPT by those for whom Abortion is big, big profitable business, for example Planned Parenthood!
    This paragraph shows how absolutely ridiculous and ignorant you are.

  35. #35
    not a bumblebee octo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Posts
    2,744
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    You know what is big, big profitable business? Organised religion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

  36. #36
    Seriously Judicious Emotivist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    2,520
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    I have known people who have had abortions and mourned it, but most people I've known who have had abortions have felt relief and been glad they did. I'm guessing women who are glad they had abortions wouldn't talk to you about it, though, out of fear of judgment.
    I don't think I am judgmental of people. I am very much the other direction. I am the least scary person to talk to. I think that people do not talk about it because they just don't talk about it. It a highly personal private matter of the heart. That two people have surprised me with this sharing this for their own very different reasons I think is remarkable. They knew I would make them feel better about it, and not judge them, or they would not have shared it. And that I have avoided one myself is only the grace of God and nothing I can brag on of my own ability.

  37. #37
    High Priestess glam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,388
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    I phrased loosely when I stated "I'd rather"..I was arguing a point that abortion is an individual choice and can be a better choice for some women than continuing on with a pregnancy. My opinion has nothing to do with anything other than I would hope that abortion would continue to be legal. la de da.
    i agree with you

  38. #38
    Seriously Judicious Emotivist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    2,520
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Breast Cancer/Abortion

    I'll look up links at some later point! Yes, I realize the American Cancer Society is a very cash-poor organization made up of poor salary-starved volunteers, with no interest in perpetuating their own organization or the very civic-minded, human-service-oriented Pharmaceutical companies. And that we only get the whole truth and nothing but the truth from our government, whom we can count on always to be our benevolent big brother, only concerned with our very best interests. HOWEVER, even so, this info you Googled on those sites may in fact be misleading! Conceivably knowingly so.

    I'll share some un-refutable RELIABLE info later. Like much later in the week! Some links. I don't like to argue from a fact standpoint; I am an IEE, Ti and Te are not my strongest functions, I have no encyclopedia in my mind, so that I don't debate well does not mean I'm wrong - there is no logic to that one! - it means its not my strength.

    I need to step back because I am wary of those who like to argue for arguments sake and I don't want to get sucked into that. Not my thing! It wears me out. But I will find some good Ti and Te facts for those, if there are any that exist, who honesty are truly interested in facts, and will not get emotionally upset at the idea of questioning Big Brother's patriarchal care...

  39. #39
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I seriously doubt that the American Cancer Society would cover up a connection between abortion and cancer. That's just ludicrous.
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  40. #40

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    US
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Posts
    733
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    A fetus is not a baby, it is a potential for a baby. If someone makes the decision to have an abortion, I do see why they will regret it, but they did make a rational decision.



    From http://women.webmd.com/tc/abortion-r...hoose-abortion

    The most common reasons women consider abortion are:
    Birth control (contraceptive) failure. Over half of all women who have an abortion used a contraceptive method during the month they became pregnant.
    Inability to support or care for a child
    To end an unwanted pregnancy
    To prevent the birth of a child with birth defects or severe medical problems. Such defects are often unknown until routine second-trimester tests are done
    Pregnancy resulting from rape or incest
    Physical or mental conditions that endanger the woman's health if the pregnancy is continued




    If you aren't ready for that commitment, then you shouldn't put the child through it. There is the option of adopting the baby, but a woman can do what she wants with her body. She should not be forced into being an incubator. Adoption is also very stressful - many adoptions fall through because the woman gets attached to the baby, and her emotions take over her logical reasoning. I'm not sure which one would be more stressful, however part of the reason that abortion is so stressful is the way our society makes these women feel.
    One of my close friends put her son up for adoption. We were still in high school so she had no way to provide for it, she had a lot of plans for her future, the baby's dad was an asshole.. And she decided to make it an open adoption, she can see him and be in his life.. She didn't really comprehend how hard it was going to be though. Every time that she goes to see him she gets heartbroken and depressed, and it will always be this way. She does feel that she made the right decision, but at what cost? There's no saying how the child will feel about being adopted, or how it might effect him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •