View Poll Results: who do you support in the US presidential race?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama (D)

7 20.00%
  • Romney (R)

1 2.86%
  • Gingrich (R)

3 8.57%
  • Paul (R)

21 60.00%
  • Perry (R)

1 2.86%
  • Bachmann (R)

0 0%
  • Santorum (R)

1 2.86%
  • Huntsman (R)

3 8.57%
  • Other

2 5.71%
  • Don't know/no opinion

6 17.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: who do you support in the US presidential race?

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default who do you support in the US presidential race?

public and multiple choice poll, i'm curious. some people talk a lot about politics and i know where a lot of them stand; i'm wondering what the opinions of less vocal people may be too (if they have them).
    Last edited by glam; 12-30-2011 at 07:39 PM.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ron Paul. Huntsman would be okay, I think.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 'other' was mainly meant for Ralph Nader but I'm sure there are other 'others' who I would support. It's all circumstantial (i.e. Paul wins nomination so I support him in November. Paul doesn't win, I support Obama. Provided Dem. and Rep. I was neutral on and/or didn't trust either, vote for Nader).

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ron Paul. He's the only legitimate candidate. I can't support Obama after everything he's done.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I've always voted libertarian for the past many years. Though I'm left-wing on many issues they tend to be too ideal and pretend as though people will just suddenly wake up one day and start working together and not exploit each other in the distance for money and personal power - and such a social utopia hasn't happened yet.

And I can't really be a Republican, because they are a special type of asshole. Sorta the opposite of lefties, they're like 'let's see how much of an asshole I can be and get away with it.'

What really makes me throw up in my mouth is these celebs who make 40+ million dollars a year or much more then that, calling themselves "liberal" so people will like them. When I've always used the term in the more classical sense, to mean bigger government and control over others as opposed to bigger financial freedom. You can't sit there with a straight face and say how liberal you are after you already narcissiticially exploited everybody out of their money to empower yourself. Not that I think there's anything super wrong with that, it's a type of evil that's a lot better than the alternative. Just their hypocrisy astounds me.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ron Paul. A lot of the other republican candidates seem like drones and I don't agree with a lot of what Obama does but after him signing the National Defense Authorization Act I could never support him.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BubblesAndSpikes View Post
    And I can't really be a Republican, because they are a special type of asshole. Sorta the opposite of lefties, they're like 'let's see how much of an asshole I can be and get away with it.'
    pretty much. the problem is that they veil their cause under some kind of moral imperative for "liberty" and "freedom". what they really want is license to be an asshole.

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The entire US economy is basically a lie. It is propped up by the continuous printing of money, misappropriation of assets, artificial interest rates, and price fixing(which oddly are all the same thing in the big scheme of things).
    Most people don't understand when they look at the economy is that money isn't some supernatural entity, it is a neutral asset that is supposed to be representative of value within society. The government basically monopolizes those values and invests them into alternative sectors of the economy(welfarism, government projects, etc). Because the valuation of those sectors is in contrast with how the market would have normally distributed values, this creates what most people know as a bubble. Because those sectors of the economy would continually lose value under normal circumstances, the government is then forced to keep putting money into those sectors to keep them propped up. As they run out of money, they are forced to keep printing more and more which causes the dollar to lose its purchasing power. We are headed towards financial ruin. Really Ron Paul is the only candidate that understands how that stuff works. Those trying to nitpick him and call him a racist bigot(which in no way is he a racist bigot as the libertarian philosophy is antithetical to that) will probably be the ones crying and wishing he had gotten elected in about 5-10 years.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hitta View Post
    Most people don't understand when they look at the economy is that money isn't some supernatural entity, it is a neutral asset that is supposed to be representative of value within society.
    Actually It is representative of colladeral such as gold bricks, which have value that money printed on paper then represents.

The government basically monopolizes those values and invests them into alternative sectors of the economy(welfarism, government projects, etc).
    I wasnt aware that they invest into government projects, nor that your governemnt invested in these things trivially. What I do know is that banks, on the other hand, are loaning money to private sectors which they cant refund later, because it is not backed up by actual collateral. Banks are the one screwing up the economy in the US and in Europe, not so much the governments, since banks are controlled by private individuals and not the government - in other words bankers are cheating out private sectors.

Because the valuation of those sectors is in contrast with how the market would have normally distributed values, this creates what most people know as a bubble. Because those sectors of the economy would continually lose value under normal circumstances, the government is then forced to keep putting money into those sectors to keep them propped up. As they run out of money, they are forced to keep printing more and more which causes the dollar to lose its purchasing power. We are headed towards financial ruin.
    Yes we are. And by we I mean your country as well as mine. But like I said, its more the fault of bank owners and CEOs wanting to make quick profit, then about the government making false investments. Also I dont understand your claim about the value of the said sectors going down under normal circumstances. Why would they lose value?

Its really about the system of capitalism being abused in favor of quick, easy, and most importanly, unethical because it is illegal profit which creates a loss of faith in capitalism itself. As the Slavic philosopher Zizek said "I will either see you in communism, or in hell. But if you are capitalist you will say 'but they are the same!'"

Basically, if you dont find another way of running your economy fast, wealth in the private sector will be finsished. In laymen's terms: No more color TV, cable, internet, swimming pool, or fancy cars for you my American friends.
    Last edited by WVBRY; 12-31-2011 at 01:13 AM.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huntsman, maaaaybe Ron Paul over Obama, but I'm kind of with what bardia said about the ndaa.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gingrich is a neocon insider bastard in disguised. Don't be fooled.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Obama. Everyone other then Obama and Romney is a joke. They're either a fraud, a racist, a homophobe or going senile.

I think the only two electable candidates are Romney and Obama. I don't think people expect all people to come around, but in a Democracy, you just need some people to come around, enough to turn the tide. Paul since he has gotten more focused media attention is getting all his skeletons aired out and is unelectable.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Either gingrich or paul.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ron Paul

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lol... Gingrich has said several times that his favorite president was FDR.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've yet to see a J>P person vote for Obama

re this poll, of course

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Socionics PhD View Post
    i've yet to see a J>P person vote for Obama

re this poll, of course
    the reason for why i am bringing attention to this is because one of my socionics gurus hay typed Obama as P>J INFp type. i see the current poll results as working in favor of my guru's hypothesis. Defending some of his positions, including this one, is in my interest

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    No he didn't lol. He just said FDR has had the greatest impact as a president on the course of American history, which is unfortunately true. I haven't seen him claim that FDR's policies were a good idea.
    he did lol....
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Life is my litmus test*, Obama gets in F-minus in that department, so it won't be him. For me, it will be whoever has the most to offer for Life, who seems electable...

* Because without Life, every other civil right is a moot point. The strong have a responsibility to protect we weak and helpless. When we don't, all of society suffers. Which it obviously already is....

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh well pro-choice is a litmus test for me, and that's one of the reasons i'll vote for him again. Without total control over my body, every other civil right is a moot point.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

A lot of people like to separate economic freedom and personal freedom. I'm not sure why they do that, I think that they both overlap.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Socionics PhD View Post
    the reason for why i am bringing attention to this is because one of my socionics gurus hay typed Obama as P>J INFp type. i see the current poll results as working in favor of my guru's hypothesis. Defending some of his positions, including this one, is in my interest
    It's not bcuz Obama is irrational, it's bcuz irrationals are irrational.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who do you support in the US presidential race?
    Whoever is pro-choice has zero chance for getting my vote.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I know middle-class women that don't have jobs, that could still support babies with the assistance of others- not in 'poverty' just middle class but a little towards the poorer end. And their pregnancies are unwanted, but they still choose to keep the baby.

I think it's one of those things where you wouldn't know what you would do unless the situation happened to you and you trust your own judgement.

my main point is that poverty really doesn't have anything to do with money. Actually when you really think about it, nothing ever has to do with money... it's all about your social connections and secret favors between others. (ooh isn't that interesting?) Poverty is not caused by a lack of personal responsibility or not being able to get a job (blech republicans), they're caused by social injustices. George Bush never had a real job either, he was a political mastermind who wanted to rule the world and succeeded. The only way it was possible for him to do that was being born into the right family. Blood of the Illuminati.

Money vs. Government: They want you to be at division in yourself with this, because they are the same thing. Where do you think money comes from? Yes we can all compete to make lots of cash but who do you think decides who gets what enough and who goes where and what does what. All the hidden red tape and balances of the power. It can't be based on talent or skill or ambition/drive- (or hard work) because why the hell is Justin Bieber so successful. It is all based on being anointed with the blood of the illuminated ones.

I don't think it's so simple to say that the illuminated ones are 'evil'- they are just like it says, illuminated, and so they are always the ones that come out rich while everybody else suffers. You don't see a shiny sparkly happy person amongst all the poor suffering sad people in the world. You don't see Miley Cyrus in a walmart unless it's some special campaign. You see fat morbidly obese pimply scabs of humanity at walmarts, walking dead like a zombie while the rich are already plotting their next scheme. =D

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Gingrich is more of a technocrat, who kind of has this kind of extremely focused problem solving mentality. He'd have spend a lot less than Obama probably, so I think our economy would be in somewhat better hands numbers wise, but he also is like unemotional in this way that makes me believe that he would shit all over our civil liberties.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

hey guys i moved the abortion stuff to a separate thread: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...quot-thread%29

Creepy-male

Lol I don't know enough about this election I think

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Paul wins the republican primary, I'll register to vote and he'll be my choice. Hopefully I can unregister afterwards; haven't looked into it yet.

*edit: Actually, Vermin Supreme if I see him on the ticket.
    Last edited by ArchonAlarion; 01-09-2012 at 06:09 AM.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless he's assassinated before election day my ballot will go to Vermin "Love" Supreme. Not only does he promote proper dental hygiene, he is also campaigning heavily on the vital issue of zombie apocalypse awareness. Furthermore he promises every American a pony if elected into office, and Vermin Supreme is the only candidate pushing vigorously to fund a time travel program.

Vote Early - Vote Often - Vote Vermin!
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d_FvgQ1csE

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vermin reminds me of Carlin lol
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If we stop voting for them won't they just all go away!!!

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only one I could vote for is Buddy Roemer. All the rest are garbage (at a glance).

Why isn't Roemer included in the list, isn't he popular at all?

Edit: lol, he's allegedly my least choice based on that bullshit quiz.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    INFp, e5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Smut.

Gary Johnson. (Pro-marijuana, pro-gay marraige, pro-choice, executive experience, blahhhh...)

Vermin Supreme. (Free ponies and dental care)

Jimmy McMillan (The rent is too damn high.)

TIM
    INFp, e5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mitt Romney kicked ass in the primaries today. This may be a good thing. It was only a few years ago that he held incredibly liberal views. With the notorious flip-flopping on policies that has historically become a footnote to whitehouse operations (which I care not to explain), I'm of the opinion that Romney will be just as quick as Obama to kiss the ass of his opposing party. All in favor?

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm going to vote for a republican just because a democrat is elected. I figure if I always vote for the other, maybe it will help balance things out.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ToeFungus View Post
    I think I'm going to vote for a republican just because a democrat is elected. I figure if I always vote for the other, maybe it will help balance things out.
    The elite can truly count on the puppets from the left and from the right to fight for a change that is not coming. The two party system is largely unchallenged and non-competitive, but doesn't seem like traditional tyranny since there's a two choices even if they are puppets.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    The elite can truly count on the puppets from the left and from the right to fight for a change that is not coming. The two party system is largely unchallenged and non-competitive, but doesn't seem like traditional tyranny since there's a two choices even if they are puppets.
    In the US, the system can be easily named duopoly; after all, it's all about advertising and what people buy .
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Don't vote, it only encourages them."

High voting percentage gives credibility to the democracy even if it wouldn't deserve it. Imagine how your country would be like if the voting percentage would be 5% or so, it would clearly show that the democracy has failed.

I also believe that every vote not given is a vote for a candidate that never was. Sleepers are asleep because actors and their play is not found interesting, but rather unreal and pretentious.

I would still be voting as a thumb rule. For now.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast