Thread: LSIs/ISTjs always get what they want

TIM
    ENFj-Ni, sx/so
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LSIs/ISTjs always get what they want

Excuse me for my generalizations, but this is just how I feel based off my personal experiences, you may or may not agree. Is it just me or are LSIs one of the most manipulative types out there? They always seem to get what they want and they're masters of mind games - at least the ones I've come across. They openly admit to doing it too, especially with their romantic endeavors.
    Last edited by LostinTime; 12-27-2011 at 08:34 PM.
    "I was never really insane except upon occasions when my heart was touched." -Edgar Allan Poe

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe ENFjs are just gullible. Makes sense.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i respectfully disagree. i don't see them as people that manipulate or play mind games, more like people that err on the side of being overly overt and forward about their intentions. that same forwardness does help them get things done in combination with their trademark discipline.

TIM
    ENFj-Ni, sx/so
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agee View Post
    Maybe ENFjs are just gullible. Makes sense.
    I never said I or any ENFj I know was the victim of an ISTj's manipulation. I was sharing an observation (or the vibe that I get).
    "I was never really insane except upon occasions when my heart was touched." -Edgar Allan Poe

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I personally find that gamma SFs are more manipulative. Like it seems like they always get what they want. Beta STs are more dryish people, less focused on romance anyways, and not good at manipulating people to get what they want. The only thing beta STs know how to do is forcefully and rashly enforce their authority to take what they want, though I dunno if this is very satisfying to them when they do attain what they want. Think about it. First guy manipulates a girl into sleeping with him, she consents. Second guy rapes her. Whos the loser who cant get laid? Rape doesnt count as getting laid, since it gives you no social benchmarks or even enjoyment with the person you're raping. Not calling beta STs rapists, it was just an example. Their forcefullness works well in work related matters, which Im not typically focused on so I dont envy them for their status in these domains. Also gamma SFs seem to enjoy themselves more because they are more gentle with themselves.

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    I personally find that gamma SFs are more manipulative. Like it seems like they always get what they want. Beta STs are more dryish people, less focused on romance anyways, and not good at manipulating people to get what they want. The only thing beta STs know how to do is forcefully and rashly enforce their authority to take what they want, though I dunno if this is very satisfying to them when they do attain what they want. Think about it. First guy manipulates a girl into sleeping with him, she consents. Second guy rapes her. Whos the loser who cant get laid? Rape doesnt count as getting laid, since it gives you no social benchmarks or even enjoyment with the person you're raping. Not calling beta STs rapists, it was just an example. Their forcefullness works well in work related matters, which Im not typically focused on so I dont envy them for their status in these domains. Also gamma SFs seem to enjoy themselves more because they are more gentle with themselves.
    Couldn't even finish reading it, wrong.

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LostinTime View Post
    I never said I or any ENFj I know was the victim of an ISTj's manipulation. I was sharing an observation (or the vibe that I get).
    And all im saying is, it might seem like manipulation to you because you're gullible.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Couldn't even finish reading it, wrong.
    What is wrong about it, pehaps you could explain? I said they were my personal impressions and didnt say they were from the beta ST perspective, or the universal ominscent perspective, which you obvioulsy pose as possesing.

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    What is wrong about it, pehaps you could explain? I said they were my personal impressions and didnt say they were from the beta ST perspective, or the universal ominscent perspective, which you obvioulsy pose as possesing.
    pehaps I obvioulsy posses ominscent perspective.

Actually I do. Because im Agee. As for your personal impressions, they're wrong, or you're typing is wrong (no pun intended), or both.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Actually I do. Because im Agee. As for your personal impressions, they're wrong, or you're typing is wrong (no pun intended), or both.
    No, no, no, because Im Typhon, I win.

*shrug*

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ENFj-Ni, sx/so
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And all im saying is, it might seem like manipulation to you because you're gullible.
    Not sure what world you live in, but doesn't recognizing manipulation make someone anything but gullible?

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure what world you live in, but doesn't recognizing manipulation make someone anything but gullible?

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I dont see how mistaking something for manipulation would make one gullible, simply mistaken in their assesments, unless the ITSjs in question want to give off the impression of manipulation, but wouldnt that be manipulation?

Admit it Agee, you're tired, cranky, and just trying to be an ass.

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I simply said you were wrong, no need to go off and start calling people names dude. Really. Like...Chill. Why can't we all just be friends.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

TIM
    ENFj-Ni, sx/so
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excuse me for my generalizations, but this is just how I feel based off my personal experiences, you may or may not agree. Is it just me or are LSIs one of the most manipulative types out there? They always seem to get what they want and they're masters of mind games - at least the ones I've come across. They openly admit to doing it too, especially with their romantic endeavors.
    As I mentioned, I know LSIs who personally admitted to being manipulative after I recognized it in them. It didn't only "seem" like it. I just wanted to know if maybe this was only something I've observed with the limited amount of LSIs I've met throughout the course of my life or if it's something common.

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I mentioned, I know LSIs who personally admitted to being manipulative after I recognized it in them. It didn't only "seem" like it. I just wanted to know if maybe this was only something I've observed with the limited amount of LSIs I've met throughout the course of my life or if it's something common.
    Then

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Humm this is interesting, can you give us an example of how LSIs manipulate?

I really don't see myself being confident in romantic situations at all, let alone trying to manipulate it in my favour. If we look like we get what we want it's probably because we have spent a lot of time assessing a situation and can realistically gauge whether it's feasible in order to act on it???

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear you got that impression about LSI. Please post some examples so we could perhaps shed some lights on the situation.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with labocat and Typhon.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    i respectfully disagree. i don't see them as people that manipulate or play mind games, more like people that err on the side of being overly overt and forward about their intentions. that same forwardness does help them get things done in combination with their trademark discipline.
    THIS. I supposedly need EIEs to teach me about mind games.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

people can get overly preoccupied about their suggestive. You're sensitive to Ti info . That can make you question its accuracy in front of a strong Ti user.